Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Apprentices'...
by dino.
Last post by CallMeCrimson
Today 04:18 PM
Monthly Kudos (May 2024)
Last post by Bean
Today 04:17 PM
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by starry
Today 04:11 PM
Firefly Cove
by dino.
Last post by BEAR.
Today 04:10 PM
ShadowClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Maybi
Today 04:09 PM

Old April 21st, 2024, 10:52 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag View Post

--
No Purrks | 13 Moons

He seemed questioning of her. And it only lead Stickpaw to take it as a challenge! Fadingsun had always seemed down like all the fishing time and it was time to cheer him up! “Um no. I have all the time in the clans to train, but you don’t have all that time to get cozy in here.and stick around…. But Stickpaw didn’t let her doubtful feelings be heard. “Okay, get up. You big snoozer, we have decorating to do! Oh oh! I heard stories about Lionstar having uh cat’s skull in his den…can we not do that…?” Stickpaw shudders at the thought of that. She wasn’t a huge fan of harming others but the skull of Lionstar’s really freaked them out! Plus it made them think of Dawnstar.

The apprentice is bouncing up and down with excitement. A surge of energy in each step. She was just about to drag him to get things in order in here. White paws tapping back and forth.

[ @occultation ]

Unfortunately, it seemed that this apprentice couldn't be easily deterred from helping out. Fadingsun took a deep breath, debating whether he just should flat-out say no. On one paw, he really wanted some peace and quiet right now, but on the other, Stickpaw was very enthusiastic about helping him, and he'd hate to hurt her feelings...

Resigning himself to his apparent fate, he let out the breath he'd been holding. "Fine. You can help me decorate my den. And we don't have to add any skulls; I agree that it's in poor taste." As much as RiverClan needed a stricter and harsher leader, they didn't need another Dawnstar.

Rising to his paws, he beckoned Stickpaw to follow. "Come along, let's go out into the territory and see what we can find."

[ You can make your next post in the territory! ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Wrenpaw
~<>~
37/100
9 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

Once she was allowed in, Wrenpaw got straight to the point. There was no use beating around the bush and she was never one to be coy about what she wanted, she'd make herself very clear even if others maybe didn't like hearing what she had to say so much. This question, luckily, was one that Fadingsun perhaps wouldn't find horrid, hell, he might even be proud of her ambitions! But she wouldn't put words in his mouth, that was for him to tell her if he wanted to, not for her to speculate. Taking a seat, the silver feline leveled clear, azure eyes on her leader and folded her tail in front of her forepaws.

"What's the earliest you'd allow me to graduate?" She asks simply, expression carefully neutral, as if she cared about his answer, but not enough to make a fuss. Truthfully, she would make a fuss if he said she'd have to wait until her 12th moon, but not in front of him, that would only prove to him his answer was correct. "If I complete the rest of my training and get an assessment done as fast as possible, would I be allowed to have my ceremony at 10 moons?" There's ambition and drive, and some cats have one or neither, if you asked Wrenpaw, she'd say she has both. The ambition to be the best warrior she can be - perhaps a lionheart eventually - and to put ThunderClan in their place, and the drive and determination to get it done.

Well, at least it was a simple question. Asking to become an apprentice at ten moons wasn't a big deal, at least for him. The leader gave her a curt, but positive, nod. "That's not a problem with me. As long as you've met all of the requirements, you can become a warrior at ten moons. I appreciate your drive to become a warrior as soon as you can; RiverClan needs cats who are committed to doing the hard work."

Wrenpaw had a temper; that he remembered from the meeting where he'd been named deputy. But, if she focused and chose the right path, she could become a great warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”
@occultation

Adderpaw took a deep breath. She had gone into leader's dens many of times but this was a new leader, Fadingsun. She wondered how long they were going to stick around or if she was going to have to ask this question to the next resident of this den in a moons time. C'mon Adderpaw don't think like that, you are letting all the other doubters get to your mind now. Fadingsun would stick around this time. He would be the one and she would be backing him all the way. That's how things were meant to be.

Though she was going to test the waters a little and just walk straight on in boldly and confidently. Now bowing or asking to come in like a scared kit. Just straight forwards and to the point. "Fadingsun, I want to talk to you." Adderpaw started.

"I want to become a warrior as soon as possible. I'd prefer to be a warrior within this moon, would that be possible? I could complete the extra training in no time flat but I can't stand being an apprentice anymore." She tried to not let the emotions get the better of her but they were showing near the end. She took a deep breath. The nine moon apprentice could hope.

"I think I did prove myself well when defending the camp from Thunderclan, in two fights one of the cats never made it out.. The other? Well, tch, he left worse for wear!" She snickered misremembering the events with that one cat. It was more a draw but don't tell Adderpaw that. "Does that still count for the assessment by the way? Or with the new courses do I have to do another one?" She felt like she was asking if they had homework to the teacher here while hoping the teacher would not ask for last nights homework.. Yet it would be immoral to pretend there might have no actually been more work.

"On another note, I have done this before with leaders past but would you like a cool and capable bodyguard such as myself? While there hasn't been talk of rebellion yet I do not doubt some of the clanmates will go there. Having someone to watch your back might not be a bad idea." Adderpaw suggested. In her mind she was not a young cat so this was only reasonable. "And speaking of traitorous cats. If I hear some talk on that how should I handle the situation. Throw paws or just go and talk to you? I figure the later but I don't know how you want to handle things."

Seesh Adderpaw was pretty good at talking cats ears off. Hopefully Fadingsun had some good glue, he was going to need it.

Fadingsun wasn't surprised to see Adderpaw show up in his den. Out of all of the cats in the Clan, she was one of the most active and involved. If she didn't show up in his den sooner rather than later, he'd be concerned.

She had a lot to cover, it seemed, and she wasted no time in covering it. He listened quietly as she went through her questions, his expression thoughtful. Adderpaw was more mature than many of her fellow 'paws, but was she really ready to become a warrior? She was only nine moons old; he wasn't sure when exactly she turned ten, but he had a feeling it wasn't as soon as she wanted to be a warrior.

"I think it's admirable that you're so passionate about being a warrior," he began, aiming to begin with the positive. "You've been a present and active member of this Clan, and when it's the right time, you'll be a fantastic warrior. That being said, I want to wait until you're ten moons to make you a warrior. For all that I'm sure you're hoping to accomplish as a full warrior of this Clan, a little extra life experience won't hurt you. That being said, if all of your requirements have been met, you can become a warrior as soon as you turn ten moons. Given how well you performed in the invasion, you may skip the battle portion of your assessment. I still want you to do the rest, however."

On the topic of having a bodyguard, Fadingsun smiled. "The gesture is appreciated, genuinely. I hope that we'll never have a rebellion here, but with the way some of our Clanmates are, it's hard to ever say for certain." Adderpaw might still be an apprentice, but he had no reason to believe she couldn't handle the truth. "I have my Lionhearts to protect me. Dusklion, Owltalon, and Seabreeze will all help watch my back, just as I watch theirs. If you ever hear of any traitorous talk, I want you to come to me immediately. Don't try to fix the problem yourself." Traitors could be desperate, and desperation bred viciousness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons
The professional tone that her brother took on, the way it was clipped... yeah, it hurt. Dusklion tried her best to withstand it but she had never been good at concealing her emotions like Fades had. The hurt flashed across her face bright as day, before fading into brief sorrow. It made her eyes sting but she refused to let any tears fall as her jaw hardened. If that's the way he wanted to handle things right now... then, she would just have to put up with it. For now, at least.

"Guess they somehow found their way to WindClan's camp, pissin' off Twilightstar to no surprise. No idea how they even managed that - I don't even know where WindClan's camp is, 'n if I remember right they relocated after a fire not even a full season-cycle ago." The dark tabby's brows furrowed in thought as her plume of a tail came to thump to the ground at her side. "Figure they'll want some sort of explanation, but I've got no idea what to give 'em other than a thank you for takin' care of the fluff-for-brains for us - or, I guess what you'll give 'em."

There was a bit of an edge to the end of her words as her blue eyes lifted back up to Fades. Something about his approach to this made it clear it would be him handling this, and him alone. She had maybe had a small inking, a brief flicker of hope, that perhaps they could put everything behind them and maybe, just maybe, she could try again for a shot at being his deputy. But those hopes had been doused by his cold words, and Dusklion didn't feel like getting an actual no - she'd just take the situation as it was.

Perhaps if they were on better terms, the head Lionheart would tell him about Fallownose. But that was risky, and right now she wasn't entirely sure Fades wouldn't throw her out of the Clan for it. So for now she kept that part to herself.

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

The hurt and sorrow that flashed across his sister's face made his throat tighten. Stars, why did their relationship have to be so difficult? Why did it have to fall to such a low? He kept his face neutral, but inside another little chip broke off of his heart.

The grief clutching him was quickly replaced by a burning fury as he listened to the rest of Dusklion's report. Her voice began to grow quieter, drowned out by a sudden roar in his ears. Three RiverClan cats? In WindClan's camp? What the actual hell?

This was absolutely, unequivocally not what RiverClan needed right now. Why did his Clanmates have to be so reckless?

Fury lighting a fire in his step, he gave Dusklion a quick nod. "Thank you for coming to me with this. I'll handle it." With that, he streaked out of his den and up to the Floodstone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Apparently Fadingsun thought having opinions was a bad thing - something Redmire could not and refused to understand. To speak about making changes for the better, then start out by making some of the worst Redmire had ever heard, and then refusing to hear feedback on it made zero sense to her. Kicked out of the meeting? Ridiculous. So as soon as she and Owltalon had returned to the camp, Redmire split off from the Lionheart and made a bee-line for his den.

She entered without announcing herself and sat down in front of the interest, eyes sharp. "I have a lot of things to say to you, but I'm doing you a favor and only saying the biggest. And if you're really serious about wanting to make RiverClan better than this hell-pit we are right now, then you should do yourself a favor and listen to me."

[ @occultation ]

Oh, great. Here was Redmire again, talking as if she had any degree of authority in this Clan. Fadingsun had to put in extra effort to avoid rolling his eyes as she burst in his den, claiming that she was doing him favors and that he ought to do himself one by listening to her.

He'd said cats could come to him with their concerns, so he was going to allow her to say hers. That being said, if she didn't watch herself, there'd be trouble. "Say what's on your mind. I'll make it clear right now, however, that I won't tolerate being insulted. So mind that while you propose whatever it is you want to talk about."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetfulshape View Post
Skyfall and Appleberry calmly made their way towards the entrance, looking at one another.
"Heya Fadingsun. Well done on making it to leader position. Just thought we'd let ya know- if anything is ever on your mind and you need someone to talk to, we're always open to hear you. Mainly my very optimistic brother beside me." Skyfall spoke in his friendly and caring voice, meowing gently.
Appleberry seemed to almost be bouncing off the walls with energy. "Oh-oh- and, can I mentor one of the next apprentices please?? I've never been a mentor before and I want to try it!" He asked very enthusiastically. It was his happiness that always lit up a room, and with his constant energy he seemed like he had the personality of an eager apprentice.
@occultation [Fadingsun, who Appleberry thinks will be a great leader and deserves lots of respect.]

Fadingsun had quickly come to appreciate when cats came into his den with good things rather than complaints or issues he needed to address. Skyfall's words were met with a smile, which was unfortunately rare to see on the leader's face these days. "I appreciate that, thank you."

His eyes shifted to Appleberry as she enthusiastically requested an apprentice. RiverClan needed cats who actually cared about getting their 'paw's training done, so he saw no problem with it. "I'll keep you in mind for the next time I need a mentor. Thank you; I'm sure you'll do a great job."

Eyes flicking from one warrior to another, he asked, "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze sighed a yet another meeting of chaos had ended. He was still in slight disbelief about the warriors that had broken into the Windclan camp. That was actually insane, even for Riverclan. The lionheart got to his paws and made his way over to pick out a fish from the pile, he hoped that Fadingsun didn't mind the choice. He walked over to the den and laid the fish near his paws to gently call out from outside the den rather than just walking right in. "Fadingsun, I have something I wish to discuss with you about your recent decision." He offered, tired from the meeting. There was too much yelling but some of the cats had a point. Apprentice training being one of those points, Seabreeze hoped to clear that up so that there was one less thing for his clan mates to complain about with the recent decision. He was sure that Fadingsun would be fine with the idea but there was no harm in running it by his leader first.
[ @occultation - Fadingsun ]

Fadingsun was out of camp for a while after the meeting, spending time alone so that he could get as much of his anger out as he could. A lot of grass in a certain strip of territory had been completely uprooted over the past couple of hours.

Eventually, he made his way back to camp as the sun set behind the horizon. Padding into his den, he flopped down in his nest. A lot of his anger had subsided, and now that pesky worry was beginning to creep its way in.

Seabreeze's arrival interrupted the progression of that nasty emotion, however. Fadingsun sat straight up, masking his gratitude at the Lionheart's arrival. "Yes, of course. What's on your mind?"
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old April 21st, 2024, 11:48 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |

Seabreeze grabbed the fish and came into the den at his leader's words. The warrior gave an awkward grin around the prey and dropped it so that he could speak, "I grabbed some prey, in case you haven't eaten. and also its kind of nice to chat over food I think." The lionheart started easily. Conversation with Fadingsun and his fellow Lionhearts was getting a bit easier at least. He sighed and started his conversation on the point at paw, perfering not to stall around it. "So about your warrior restriction. I had some thoughts about how this would effect apprentice training, I figured that I could start doing group tours and take apprentices to the borders. It's a simple idea, but I wanted to run it by you just in case, you know?" Seabreeze knew that it was likely that Fadingsun wouldn't mind at all, but he didn't want to run into trouble down the line that could've been prevented from a simple going through things before paw. And also, communication in general is nice. He shrugged and decided to put more detail into the plan though it wasn't really needed. "Depends on how many apprentices need to have the borders covered for their territory tours but I think I could take out groups of like five or so?"
Old April 22nd, 2024, 12:21 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post

Oh, great. Here was Redmire again, talking as if she had any degree of authority in this Clan. Fadingsun had to put in extra effort to avoid rolling his eyes as she burst in his den, claiming that she was doing him favors and that he ought to do himself one by listening to her.

He'd said cats could come to him with their concerns, so he was going to allow her to say hers. That being said, if she didn't watch herself, there'd be trouble. "Say what's on your mind. I'll make it clear right now, however, that I won't tolerate being insulted. So mind that while you propose whatever it is you want to talk about."
Redmire scowled at him. "As charming as ever. Don't flatter yourself, you're not worth that sort of time. It's about the whole kicking cats out of meetings thing to start with - and before you call me out on false pretenses, no, I'm not throwing a kit-fit because I was the first you booted. I want to talk about Birdsnow, too, but I'll save it for second."

She launched right into it. And it was long and wordy, but it was either he sit through what was essentially a miniature speech or she threw pointless profanities at him, and she was pretty sure she knew which he prefered.

“Throwing cats out of meetings and then banning them from the next one doesn’t help anyone. I’d get it if I interrupted a ceremony or cussed someone out or threatened to kill your face in front of the whole Clan, but that wasn’t what happened." If anything, she was the one who had been threatened by whoever that idiot was. She didn't care enough to remember their name for her list in the moment, she'd wrack her brains later. "If you shut cats down immediately all the time, they’re not going to want to speak out ever. And there goes passion and care and anything else you might be looking for, and then everybody’s just back to square one because no one’s going to want to put effort into a Clan that doesn’t hear them out. That's not what we need right now. You might not like me, but at least I care - that won't last long if no one feels comfortable openly voicing their opinions."

She rolled her shoulders, tasting her next words as they came to her.

“And banning cats from meetings is like asking for things to go wrong. What if something important goes out, an alliance or a murder or a major change, and the cats you banned from showing up aren’t there to hear, and they go and make a mess of things before someone else can tell them? Or there’s news of, like, a group of foxes in the area, they don’t know, and then they head out to that area and get themselves hurt and killed? It’s stupid and it’s setting us up for failure. If someone says something you don’t like and you kick them out for it every time, you’re not going to have cats to give news to. Same thing will happen if you make all your Lionhearts stay with the cats you throw out for the whole meeting. Owltalon missed everything else that was said, so she’s screwed if she can’t get the run-down from someone else later for whatever reason." Unlikely that a Lionheart would ever be left in the dark, but still a possibility. "It’s inefficient and it’ll slow us all down at the end of the day. I don't want us to be dragged down anymore than we already have been. I want to make things better.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:19 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:

Unfortunately, it seemed that this apprentice couldn't be easily deterred from helping out. Fadingsun took a deep breath, debating whether he just should flat-out say no. On one paw, he really wanted some peace and quiet right now, but on the other, Stickpaw was very enthusiastic about helping him, and he'd hate to hurt her feelings...

Resigning himself to his apparent fate, he let out the breath he'd been holding. "Fine. You can help me decorate my den. And we don't have to add any skulls; I agree that it's in poor taste." As much as RiverClan needed a stricter and harsher leader, they didn't need another Dawnstar.

Rising to his paws, he beckoned Stickpaw to follow. "Come along, let's go out into the territory and see what we can find."

[ You can make your next post in the territory! ]

Well, at least it was a simple question. Asking to become an apprentice at ten moons wasn't a big deal, at least for him. The leader gave her a curt, but positive, nod. "That's not a problem with me. As long as you've met all of the requirements, you can become a warrior at ten moons. I appreciate your drive to become a warrior as soon as you can; RiverClan needs cats who are committed to doing the hard work."

Wrenpaw had a temper; that he remembered from the meeting where he'd been named deputy. But, if she focused and chose the right path, she could become a great warrior.

Fadingsun wasn't surprised to see Adderpaw show up in his den. Out of all of the cats in the Clan, she was one of the most active and involved. If she didn't show up in his den sooner rather than later, he'd be concerned.

She had a lot to cover, it seemed, and she wasted no time in covering it. He listened quietly as she went through her questions, his expression thoughtful. Adderpaw was more mature than many of her fellow 'paws, but was she really ready to become a warrior? She was only nine moons old; he wasn't sure when exactly she turned ten, but he had a feeling it wasn't as soon as she wanted to be a warrior.

"I think it's admirable that you're so passionate about being a warrior," he began, aiming to begin with the positive. "You've been a present and active member of this Clan, and when it's the right time, you'll be a fantastic warrior. That being said, I want to wait until you're ten moons to make you a warrior. For all that I'm sure you're hoping to accomplish as a full warrior of this Clan, a little extra life experience won't hurt you. That being said, if all of your requirements have been met, you can become a warrior as soon as you turn ten moons. Given how well you performed in the invasion, you may skip the battle portion of your assessment. I still want you to do the rest, however."

On the topic of having a bodyguard, Fadingsun smiled. "The gesture is appreciated, genuinely. I hope that we'll never have a rebellion here, but with the way some of our Clanmates are, it's hard to ever say for certain." Adderpaw might still be an apprentice, but he had no reason to believe she couldn't handle the truth. "I have my Lionhearts to protect me. Dusklion, Owltalon, and Seabreeze will all help watch my back, just as I watch theirs. If you ever hear of any traitorous talk, I want you to come to me immediately. Don't try to fix the problem yourself." Traitors could be desperate, and desperation bred viciousness.

The hurt and sorrow that flashed across his sister's face made his throat tighten. Stars, why did their relationship have to be so difficult? Why did it have to fall to such a low? He kept his face neutral, but inside another little chip broke off of his heart.

The grief clutching him was quickly replaced by a burning fury as he listened to the rest of Dusklion's report. Her voice began to grow quieter, drowned out by a sudden roar in his ears. Three RiverClan cats? In WindClan's camp? What the actual hell?

This was absolutely, unequivocally not what RiverClan needed right now. Why did his Clanmates have to be so reckless?

Fury lighting a fire in his step, he gave Dusklion a quick nod. "Thank you for coming to me with this. I'll handle it." With that, he streaked out of his den and up to the Floodstone.

Fadingsun had quickly come to appreciate when cats came into his den with good things rather than complaints or issues he needed to address. Skyfall's words were met with a smile, which was unfortunately rare to see on the leader's face these days. "I appreciate that, thank you."

His eyes shifted to Appleberry as she enthusiastically requested an apprentice. RiverClan needed cats who actually cared about getting their 'paw's training done, so he saw no problem with it. "I'll keep you in mind for the next time I need a mentor. Thank you; I'm sure you'll do a great job."

Eyes flicking from one warrior to another, he asked, "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Fadingsun was out of camp for a while after the meeting, spending time alone so that he could get as much of his anger out as he could. A lot of grass in a certain strip of territory had been completely uprooted over the past couple of hours.

Eventually, he made his way back to camp as the sun set behind the horizon. Padding into his den, he flopped down in his nest. A lot of his anger had subsided, and now that pesky worry was beginning to creep its way in.

Seabreeze's arrival interrupted the progression of that nasty emotion, however. Fadingsun sat straight up, masking his gratitude at the Lionheart's arrival. "Yes, of course. What's on your mind?"
Appleberry shook his head softly."thats all, Fadingsun." He gently smiled and dipped his head before walking away, then Skyfall quietly looked towards Fadingsun. "I did see some sort of small-ish black and white loner wandering around, I've escorted her out of the territory but she seems to get lost easily. However, she was extremely respectful when I told her not to return, even saying she appreciated being shown mercy. I reckon something is going on in the outskirts and she's both scared and probably looking for somewhere to hide from something." Skyfall stated, his expression slightly faltering. His tail swished gently as he quietly stood there, waiting for a response.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:48 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Kingly

Wrenpaw
~<>~
45/100
9 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

"Great, thank you," she answers with a nod, trying to stamp down the swelling of excitement in her core. She could be a warrior the minute she was ready! She'd have to train extra hard, get in loads more practice, tons of extra lessons, and an assessment by the end of next moon. But Wrenpaw was determined. She wouldn't sit around uselessly like most of the other apprentices would. She had plans to help her clan and those couldn't be done if she wasn't a warrior - apprentices are never listened to, they're never taken seriously, and she wanted to be taken seriously as soon as she could make others listen to her. Standing up, Wren begins to turn to leave and, as long as she was dismissed, she'd slip right back out of the den.

[ @occultation ]
Old April 22nd, 2024, 10:09 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons | active purrks

She was hot on the kids tail as Wings sprinted back to camp. Dusklion's thoughts whirled with what could've happened. Rushwater was a formidable fighter and a fierce opponent - the fact that his chain was out there, along with what looked like blood, had the head Lionheart worried. What had broken that chain? Part of her wondered if he had lost it simply and was still out there and fine - but then why not come back to RiverClan? That part didn't make any sense.

She slipped into her brother's den right after the breathless 'paw, taking a moment to catch her own breath. "Out near Smallpines," Dusklion added with a glance towards Wings, "Eaglepaw found Rushwater's chain. There looked to be a struggle, 'n..." blood on the chain, but her eyes traveled to the chain still clamped in the apprentice's maw. It was clear the signs of blood on it, Fades could deduce that for himself. "I couldn't... recognize any other scents in the area."

[ Eaglepaw - @Mica ] [ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse

Last edited by taillow; April 23rd, 2024 at 08:47 PM.
Old April 25th, 2024, 05:54 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive

->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | rc warrior | 26moons | burn baby burn ]
a tall silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes
jayfrost didnt feel particularly thrilled about having to speak to fadingsun about the same thing he had attempted to discuss with birdsnow approximately half a moon ago but it seemed like he couldnt get around it.
he shook out his coat, briefly regretting that he didnt take goldfish with him to speak to fadingsun, it wouldve probably looked better to have her around to confirm but he couldnt help it now.
from what he had heard fadingsun didnt seem very strict about cats entering his den but if the last meeting had shown him anything it was that he was far too tired to mess with him at this point. "fadingsun? can i speak to you?"

( @occultation )

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store

Last edited by alec; April 25th, 2024 at 05:54 AM.
Old April 25th, 2024, 07:30 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Seabreeze

Seabreeze grabbed the fish and came into the den at his leader's words. The warrior gave an awkward grin around the prey and dropped it so that he could speak, "I grabbed some prey, in case you haven't eaten. and also its kind of nice to chat over food I think." The lionheart started easily. Conversation with Fadingsun and his fellow Lionhearts was getting a bit easier at least. He sighed and started his conversation on the point at paw, perfering not to stall around it. "So about your warrior restriction. I had some thoughts about how this would effect apprentice training, I figured that I could start doing group tours and take apprentices to the borders. It's a simple idea, but I wanted to run it by you just in case, you know?" Seabreeze knew that it was likely that Fadingsun wouldn't mind at all, but he didn't want to run into trouble down the line that could've been prevented from a simple going through things before paw. And also, communication in general is nice. He shrugged and decided to put more detail into the plan though it wasn't really needed. "Depends on how many apprentices need to have the borders covered for their territory tours but I think I could take out groups of like five or so?"

Fadingsun cast Seabreeze a warm glance at the presentation of the fish. He hadn't realized it until now, but he was quite hungry. Being as busy as he was lately meant that he often forgot to eat. "Thank you, Seabreeze. I appreciate it, genuinely." Bending down, he began to eat as Seabreeze talked.

It was a good idea. It would quell concerns about the new restrictions slowing down apprentice training. It was a lot for Seabreeze to handle on his own, however, even as one of the Clan's most dedicated warriors. "I definitely agree with that idea. However, it's a lot for you to take on yourself, especially considering your other duties. I want you to enlist Owltalon's help with this; the two of you can take turns taking small groups out to the border. If any other Lionhearts are named before the restrictions change, you can include them in this task, too. If anyone causes any problems on any of these outings, let me know immediately."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Redmire scowled at him. "As charming as ever. Don't flatter yourself, you're not worth that sort of time. It's about the whole kicking cats out of meetings thing to start with - and before you call me out on false pretenses, no, I'm not throwing a kit-fit because I was the first you booted. I want to talk about Birdsnow, too, but I'll save it for second."

She launched right into it. And it was long and wordy, but it was either he sit through what was essentially a miniature speech or she threw pointless profanities at him, and she was pretty sure she knew which he prefered.

“Throwing cats out of meetings and then banning them from the next one doesn’t help anyone. I’d get it if I interrupted a ceremony or cussed someone out or threatened to kill your face in front of the whole Clan, but that wasn’t what happened." If anything, she was the one who had been threatened by whoever that idiot was. She didn't care enough to remember their name for her list in the moment, she'd wrack her brains later. "If you shut cats down immediately all the time, they’re not going to want to speak out ever. And there goes passion and care and anything else you might be looking for, and then everybody’s just back to square one because no one’s going to want to put effort into a Clan that doesn’t hear them out. That's not what we need right now. You might not like me, but at least I care - that won't last long if no one feels comfortable openly voicing their opinions."

She rolled her shoulders, tasting her next words as they came to her.

“And banning cats from meetings is like asking for things to go wrong. What if something important goes out, an alliance or a murder or a major change, and the cats you banned from showing up aren’t there to hear, and they go and make a mess of things before someone else can tell them? Or there’s news of, like, a group of foxes in the area, they don’t know, and then they head out to that area and get themselves hurt and killed? It’s stupid and it’s setting us up for failure. If someone says something you don’t like and you kick them out for it every time, you’re not going to have cats to give news to. Same thing will happen if you make all your Lionhearts stay with the cats you throw out for the whole meeting. Owltalon missed everything else that was said, so she’s screwed if she can’t get the run-down from someone else later for whatever reason." Unlikely that a Lionheart would ever be left in the dark, but still a possibility. "It’s inefficient and it’ll slow us all down at the end of the day. I don't want us to be dragged down anymore than we already have been. I want to make things better.

It didn't surprise Fadingsun that Redmire wanted to talk about getting thrown out of the meeting, or the whole situation with Birdsnow. The leader listened quietly and attentively. trying his best to keep any emotions he felt at bay. Redmire seemed to poke at the wrong spots with him, but he wanted to avoid being unnecessarily harsh. He'd told cats that he was open to hearing dissenting opinions in his den, and he wanted to stand by that.

"First and foremost, I've said that my decision on Birdsnow is final. Unless something has happened in the very small sliver of time between that meeting and now, my mind hasn't and won't change on this particular issue. I know you don't like that, but you're going to have to deal with it. I don't want to hear any arguments on that.

"You weren't kicked out of the meeting for expressing dissent, you were kicked out for insulting a Lionheart and being unnecessarily abrasive and aggressive. The cats in this Clan have run around without any order for too long; if we want to get back into a good place, that needs to change. You talk about wanting efficiency; well, if I have to pause a meeting to yell at someone for acting out or to stop an argument that's broken out because someone can't mind their manners, that's rather inefficient, isn't it? It wastes everyone's time.

"I appreciate your passion for this Clan, but you need to learn how to express it in a better way. I'm not going to tolerate cats acting as if they have the right to express themselves however they please without consequence. I'll admit that perhaps shutting down any and all discussion at meetings was too far. Going forward, if you - or anyone else - wants to voice a concern or a question during a meeting, it will be acknowledged and answered, but only if it's presented in a way that's calm, mature, and respectful. No yelling, no insulting, no 'you will do this, you will do that'. I will continue to kick cats out of meetings for that."

He curled his tail around his paws. "Regarding the concern about missing important information, it's fair. I'll instruct my Lionhearts that if they're tasked with escorting someone out of a meeting, they'll also need to check in with someone who was present for the whole meeting and inform the removed cat on what they missed. My Lionhearts are quick and efficient; there should be no reason for information to be going unknown because someone missed a meeting. If a cat is banned from a future meeting, they can approach a high rank or a Lionheart - or anyone else, for that matter - and ask about what transpired. Plenty of cats don't attend our meetings, yet manage to figure out how things are going just fine.

"If you truly want to make things better, Redmire, you're not going to do it by making an enemy out of the higher ranks. All that's going to do is cause this Clan unnecessary headaches. You have a great fire in you, and that's a good thing, but you need to learn how to tame it. Burn your enemies with it, not your own Clanmates."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetfulshape View Post
Appleberry shook his head softly."thats all, Fadingsun." He gently smiled and dipped his head before walking away, then Skyfall quietly looked towards Fadingsun. "I did see some sort of small-ish black and white loner wandering around, I've escorted her out of the territory but she seems to get lost easily. However, she was extremely respectful when I told her not to return, even saying she appreciated being shown mercy. I reckon something is going on in the outskirts and she's both scared and probably looking for somewhere to hide from something." Skyfall stated, his expression slightly faltering. His tail swished gently as he quietly stood there, waiting for a response.

A frown crossed Fadingsun's face as Skyfall reported encountering a loner. It wasn't uncommon these days, but it brought back memories of his attack. Thankfully, it didn't seem that this particular cat had posed a threat. Nonetheless, one could never be too sure with outsiders. Plus, if she was running from something, that something might find its way to RiverClan. "Thank you, Skyfall. I'll inform my Lionhearts to continue keeping an eye out for any disturbances."

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan's head lionheart | 27 moons | active purrks

She was hot on the kids tail as Wings sprinted back to camp. Dusklion's thoughts whirled with what could've happened. Rushwater was a formidable fighter and a fierce opponent - the fact that his chain was out there, along with what looked like blood, had the head Lionheart worried. What had broken that chain? Part of her wondered if he had lost it simply and was still out there and fine - but then why not come back to RiverClan? That part didn't make any sense.

She slipped into her brother's den right after the breathless 'paw, taking a moment to catch her own breath. "Out near Smallpines," Dusklion added with a glance towards Wings, "Eaglepaw found Rushwater's chain. There looked to be a struggle, 'n..." blood on the chain, but her eyes traveled to the chain still clamped in the apprentice's maw. It was clear the signs of blood on it, Fades could deduce that for himself. "I couldn't... recognize any other scents in the area."

[ Eaglepaw - @Mica ] [ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

( @Mica )

Fadingsun jumped up as Eaglepaw and Dusklion came into his den, with news that was both surprising and disturbing. Rushwater's chain had been found? Bloody, to boot. The warrior had gone missing almost as soon as he'd come back; given that it had been some time since then, the leader figured they wouldn't hear from him again.

A look of concentration furrowed his brow. "Hm. He must've been trying to return to RiverClan, and was attacked in the process. It wouldn't be unlike ThunderClan to attack a cat they presumed to be one of our own, but without concrete evidence I don't want to stir the Clan up. I'm assuming you checked the area for a blood trail or a body?" Stars, he hoped ThunderClan hadn't gone and kidnapped the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | rc warrior | 26moons | burn baby burn ]
a tall silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes
jayfrost didnt feel particularly thrilled about having to speak to fadingsun about the same thing he had attempted to discuss with birdsnow approximately half a moon ago but it seemed like he couldnt get around it.
he shook out his coat, briefly regretting that he didnt take goldfish with him to speak to fadingsun, it wouldve probably looked better to have her around to confirm but he couldnt help it now.
from what he had heard fadingsun didnt seem very strict about cats entering his den but if the last meeting had shown him anything it was that he was far too tired to mess with him at this point. "fadingsun? can i speak to you?"

( @occultation )

Fadingsun was jolted awake at the sound of Jayfrost's voice at the entrance to his den. It took him a moment to get the grogginess out of his mind, but he sat up and nodded. "Yes, of course. What can I do for you?"
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old April 26th, 2024, 10:39 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:

Fadingsun cast Seabreeze a warm glance at the presentation of the fish. He hadn't realized it until now, but he was quite hungry. Being as busy as he was lately meant that he often forgot to eat. "Thank you, Seabreeze. I appreciate it, genuinely." Bending down, he began to eat as Seabreeze talked.

It was a good idea. It would quell concerns about the new restrictions slowing down apprentice training. It was a lot for Seabreeze to handle on his own, however, even as one of the Clan's most dedicated warriors. "I definitely agree with that idea. However, it's a lot for you to take on yourself, especially considering your other duties. I want you to enlist Owltalon's help with this; the two of you can take turns taking small groups out to the border. If any other Lionhearts are named before the restrictions change, you can include them in this task, too. If anyone causes any problems on any of these outings, let me know immediately."

It didn't surprise Fadingsun that Redmire wanted to talk about getting thrown out of the meeting, or the whole situation with Birdsnow. The leader listened quietly and attentively. trying his best to keep any emotions he felt at bay. Redmire seemed to poke at the wrong spots with him, but he wanted to avoid being unnecessarily harsh. He'd told cats that he was open to hearing dissenting opinions in his den, and he wanted to stand by that.

"First and foremost, I've said that my decision on Birdsnow is final. Unless something has happened in the very small sliver of time between that meeting and now, my mind hasn't and won't change on this particular issue. I know you don't like that, but you're going to have to deal with it. I don't want to hear any arguments on that.

"You weren't kicked out of the meeting for expressing dissent, you were kicked out for insulting a Lionheart and being unnecessarily abrasive and aggressive. The cats in this Clan have run around without any order for too long; if we want to get back into a good place, that needs to change. You talk about wanting efficiency; well, if I have to pause a meeting to yell at someone for acting out or to stop an argument that's broken out because someone can't mind their manners, that's rather inefficient, isn't it? It wastes everyone's time.

"I appreciate your passion for this Clan, but you need to learn how to express it in a better way. I'm not going to tolerate cats acting as if they have the right to express themselves however they please without consequence. I'll admit that perhaps shutting down any and all discussion at meetings was too far. Going forward, if you - or anyone else - wants to voice a concern or a question during a meeting, it will be acknowledged and answered, but only if it's presented in a way that's calm, mature, and respectful. No yelling, no insulting, no 'you will do this, you will do that'. I will continue to kick cats out of meetings for that."

He curled his tail around his paws. "Regarding the concern about missing important information, it's fair. I'll instruct my Lionhearts that if they're tasked with escorting someone out of a meeting, they'll also need to check in with someone who was present for the whole meeting and inform the removed cat on what they missed. My Lionhearts are quick and efficient; there should be no reason for information to be going unknown because someone missed a meeting. If a cat is banned from a future meeting, they can approach a high rank or a Lionheart - or anyone else, for that matter - and ask about what transpired. Plenty of cats don't attend our meetings, yet manage to figure out how things are going just fine.

"If you truly want to make things better, Redmire, you're not going to do it by making an enemy out of the higher ranks. All that's going to do is cause this Clan unnecessary headaches. You have a great fire in you, and that's a good thing, but you need to learn how to tame it. Burn your enemies with it, not your own Clanmates."

A frown crossed Fadingsun's face as Skyfall reported encountering a loner. It wasn't uncommon these days, but it brought back memories of his attack. Thankfully, it didn't seem that this particular cat had posed a threat. Nonetheless, one could never be too sure with outsiders. Plus, if she was running from something, that something might find its way to RiverClan. "Thank you, Skyfall. I'll inform my Lionhearts to continue keeping an eye out for any disturbances."

( @Mica )

Fadingsun jumped up as Eaglepaw and Dusklion came into his den, with news that was both surprising and disturbing. Rushwater's chain had been found? Bloody, to boot. The warrior had gone missing almost as soon as he'd come back; given that it had been some time since then, the leader figured they wouldn't hear from him again.

A look of concentration furrowed his brow. "Hm. He must've been trying to return to RiverClan, and was attacked in the process. It wouldn't be unlike ThunderClan to attack a cat they presumed to be one of our own, but without concrete evidence I don't want to stir the Clan up. I'm assuming you checked the area for a blood trail or a body?" Stars, he hoped ThunderClan hadn't gone and kidnapped the guy.

Fadingsun was jolted awake at the sound of Jayfrost's voice at the entrance to his den. It took him a moment to get the grogginess out of his mind, but he sat up and nodded. "Yes, of course. What can I do for you?"
"Alright. You have a good day, now." Skyfall meowed softly, dipping his head in respect again and padding off.
Old April 26th, 2024, 02:45 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive

( @occultation )
jayfrost cleared his throat, stepping into fadingsuns den after the invitation.
"im here to discuss a arrangement and give you an offer." he opened and briefly wished he had practiced this speech instead of going in blank.
"goldfish is going to have her kits soon and we talked about her n peppers discomfort with stayin in the nursery for a long time so i offered to look after the kits as soon as possible. i tried to talk to birdsnow about it but we never really got to a conclusion so i wanted to see if that arrangement would be alright." was the explaination confusing? yes probably. did he know how to word it better? definitely not. hopefully fadingsun wouldnt insist of speaking to goldfish before giving him the "yes" because jayfrost had no idea where she had run off to again. he sighed internally, she probably shouldnt be out and about at all, rest and prepare for the kits but if he knew anything it was that goldfish wouldnt let anyones recommendations or good will stop her.
"n my offer is to generally keep an eye on the kits, maybe we could restart the whole kit lessons thing so i can do something with my time n just help around camp until i can return to my duties as a warrior"

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store