Today 12:55 AM
One Word Stories!
by Myling
Last post by Minkuu
Today 12:51 AM

Old July 10th, 2022, 02:06 PM

My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Herondive Hollow

Pigeonstep stopped at the first marker of the border, refreshing the scent before turning to look at Mothpaw. ”Do you - uh - do you know what to do? The border should be fairly quiet but if we run into a patrol they may not be friendly so keep your guard up.” The three-pawed warrior trotted to the next marker, leaving her scent behind. She figured if she just showed the apprentice what to do she could avoid teaching her how to do something she already potentially knew. She glanced back at her patrol mate.
@LeoDaLeaf
Gingercry
Old July 11th, 2022, 04:22 PM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

MothPaw [She/They]
MothPaw paused as PigeonStep set the first marker, she shook her head slightly, she had a rough idea how to make scent markers but no cat had ever shown her how. “I won’t be unprepared.“ she meowed curtly in response to what PigeonStep said about seeing another patrol, this of course, was probably a lie. Like how she had never seen around the territory or had any hunting training she had never done any fighting training with WillowBriar, hence why she decided to run rather than fight PigeonStep during her mother’s event.

MothPaw padded along quietly, watching closely as PigeonStep left another scent marker, she somewhat understood how to set one now, so she decided to try the next marker- although she didn’t quite know where it was- she trotted slightly ahead of PigeonStep, following a slightly stale scent line until she came to a pine tree. She sunk her claws into it, and pulled down like she was sharpening them. This way her scent would be left behind without her having to rub up against the tree. She looked over to PigeonStep for a moment, with a sort of questioning face, did I do it right?
[ @Toodle ]
[Sorry for my late reply! We can finish up the patrol whenever you want, I don’t want Pigeon to be late to report because of my poor time management. :] ]

Character Bio's | Tracker/Finder
sootkit: worldweaver 1, herbal knowledge 1 - silverkit: go with the flow, beefed up 1
Old July 12th, 2022, 09:43 AM

My Mood: Cool

Pigeonstep kept working her way down the border, leaving her scent behind every few tail lengths. But as she worked she kept her eye on Mothpaw, still not satisfied the apprentice actually knew what she was doing. But after Mothpaw marked one then met her eye Pigeonstep smiled and nodded. ”Good. Now let’s just do that all the way down the border. You can smell the stale markers where other Shadowclanners have left their mark before. It’s easiest to just remark those spots. Let’s hurry so we can get back.” Pigeonstep, unhindered by her missing front paw, hurried her way down the border, keeping an eye out for the apprentice but trying to keep working as quickly as she could. As they cleared the border, Pigeonstep turned back to Mothpaw, smiling. ”And that’s it. Let’s head back so we can report to Cinderblaze.” Pigeonstep turned and padded back in to camp.
@LeoDaLeaf
Gingercry
Old July 17th, 2022, 03:27 PM
I like birds

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Distracted

- Copperfire -
He/Him
Copperfire lead the patrol along the border. The scent markers from the opposing clan were fresh, the ShadowClan border patrol had been here recently. Up ahead he eyes a suspicious mound on their side of the border. He decided he'd go check it out after they were done.

The warrior turned to the apprentices, quickly laying down some rules and things to keep in mind, "Alright, spread out and mark the borders, don't step into ShadowClan territory. I want you both to stay together, we'll do it faster that way. Yowl if something happens and if you have any questions ask now." It'd also be safer. He could handle himself, but he didn't trust his young apprentice to be safe on her own. He hoped that pairing the two together would be safer for both, and hopefully more efficient too. The red tabby started making his way down the border, leaving scent markings along the way.

[ @Bigoofers1001 @Atticus]
Old July 19th, 2022, 05:06 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Thorn arrived at Herondive Hollow soon after Dustclaw had died, it took him a long time to get to the border, especially since he had to stay as far away as he could from ShadowClan. Looking around, the brown tabby and white green-eyed tom crouched down and dropped Dustclaw's body off. That'll do. Either Clan can see it and report it back to their leaders. Dawnstar will hear about it eventually and most likely hear about how much blood is on Dustclaw.

With his work done, Thorn turned on his heels and ran as fast as he could. He didn't want to be caught by both Clans, after all!

//Thorn has brutally killed Dustclaw and left his body at the border. Feel free to have your OC's smell rogue scent!
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: None
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old July 27th, 2022, 01:20 PM
I like birds

- Copperfire -
He/Him
As Copperfire made his way down the border, he noticed the lack of work from the apprentices. He sighed in disappointment. It looked like he'd have to finish this himself if the scent leading away from the border indicated anything.

The tom finally made his way to the odd mound, a quick swipe revealing nothing more than ants. He shook his paw clean of them. How annoying that the first thing the little things do is climb all over me rather than something more self-preserving like running away from the threat. Although, I don't doubt that some cats would do the same. He kept moving along the border.

As he walked he noticed an unfamiliar scent. It was definitely not from a ThunderClan cat, but it didn't smell like a ShadowClan cat either. Neither was it the scent of someone from the other two clans. It was a rogue scent. Sparrowflight had given a warning about violent rogue encounters becoming more common. Immediately his fur rose, his hazel eyes darting around to see if the rogue was near. The scent seemed barely faded, as if the rogue was here recently, but had left. It seemed as if the two apprentices assigned to his patrol hadn't crossed paths with this outsider if the lack of their scents was anything to go by. He felt his fur flatten. Still, the warrior could smell something else. A more careful look proved him correct. The "something else" was the dried blood of a cat. With quick and quiet steps he approached the body. It was Dustclaw - a former ThunderClan member. From what he could see, the cat was dead, most likely murdered by the rogue, if the multiple claw marks indicated anything. Copperfire felt conflicted. Should he bring the dead tom back to camp or leave him here? If left out in the open, surely something would find and mess with the body. However, Dustclaw wasn't a ThunerClan cat when he died, would it be wrong to bring him to camp? He decides to hide the body in a bush. If it was deemed that it would be fine to bring him back to camp, he would, if not, he'd probably return to bury the body here.

The warrior finishes marking the border. Then he runs back to camp as fast as he can.

[ @SpiritedWarrior - The body has been found.]
Old July 28th, 2022, 04:43 PM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryTheCrow View Post
- Copperfire -
He/Him
Copperfire lead the patrol along the border. The scent markers from the opposing clan were fresh, the ShadowClan border patrol had been here recently. Up ahead he eyes a suspicious mound on their side of the border. He decided he'd go check it out after they were done.

The warrior turned to the apprentices, quickly laying down some rules and things to keep in mind, "Alright, spread out and mark the borders, don't step into ShadowClan territory. I want you both to stay together, we'll do it faster that way. Yowl if something happens and if you have any questions ask now." It'd also be safer. He could handle himself, but he didn't trust his young apprentice to be safe on her own. He hoped that pairing the two together would be safer for both, and hopefully more efficient too. The red tabby started making his way down the border, leaving scent markings along the way.

[ @Bigoofers1001 @Atticus]
Fleapaw | he/they/it so sorry for the late reply ;;

The small apprentice bounced eagerly along beside Copperfire, tail straight up in the air as he ran. Nodding at the instructions with a pout on his face, Fleapaw immediately set off to mark as much of the border as it could. It had already done this before, so this probably wouldn't be much different, right?

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--
Old August 2nd, 2022, 12:43 PM
I like birds

- Copperfire -
He/Him
Copperfire walked back towards the border, this time with Thrushfur in tow. He hadn't said much, just that it was important and pretty urgent. He wasn't too familiar with Dustclaw nor Thrushfur, but he did know that the two were close. Hopefully, the other tom would take this... not too bad? Copperfire didn't really want to deal with a grieving cat, nor did he know how to.

Once close enough to the bush he had hidden Dustclaw's body in, he stopped and turned to the other. He took a deep breath before saying, "This won't be pleasant, but you were the first cat I thought of that should know about this." Copperfire awkwardly looked away, vaguely pointing towards the bush. Maybe if Thrushfur looked by himself, he wouldn't start trying to talk to him about this. He was just doing what Sparrowflight told him to do.

[ @Eaglet - Sorry this took so long! Hope you don't mind me starting this here.]
Old August 4th, 2022, 03:53 PM
eagle sounds

Bump Policy: Whenever
My Mood: Mysterious

Thrushfur could barely keep himself together. It took a toll on his mind to see that the his friends body was lying there in a stench. He slowly blinked responding to Copperfire. He's already seen the body, and failed to make the murderer feel the anger he's brought upon. An old friend was gone, but there was no more grieving to be made anymore.

" I've already caught the perpetrator, it seems like they've ran away. Onward to catch more bodies. I'll make sure to give that fox-hearted rouge a beating of a life-time to make sure he doesn't come back again. "

Thrushfur sneered, a small glint of murderous intent in his eyes. But relaxed once he saw the bush where Dustclaws corpse was near. No time to lose with burying his body.

[ @MaryTheCrow srry for being so late! ]
Old August 6th, 2022, 12:48 PM
I like birds

- Copperfire -
He/Him
The other warrior seemed to know about this already, good. But that also brought questions. "If you know who it is, you should tell Cinderstar or Sparrowflight. How did you even find out who it was?" Copperfire decided that this cat was not dealing with this alright. Murder isn't really allowed, according to the warrior code, but he thinks this sort of situation counts as one of the few times it is allowed. Copperfire just hopes that he won't fall within the range of Thrushfur's revenge plan, whether as someone to help him or as an obstacle. He starts digging a hole to bury Dustclaw in.

[ @Eaglet - Don't worry about it! Also, timeline wise this is before the most recent ThC meeting.]