Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM
Design Competition!
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:40 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by burntToast
Today 08:33 AM
chilling by the water [rc...
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:31 AM
Tater-Tot and Soda-Pop...
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:30 AM

Old January 14th, 2024, 12:56 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Into the dark [WC tunneling lesson]

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 46 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

So it'd taken a bit to gather the cats but it happened eventually and here Crowtooth was, standing in front of a decently sized group just about to go underground! Eleven cats was kind of a large number but Dunecall seemed sensible, Snakepaw, Birdpaw, Foxpaw, and Caterpillarpaw had all been worked with before (and it'd gone well). Finally Silverpaw was someone Crowtooth already trusted to be smart, keen, and experienced. So even if everything else went tail up this was a decent start.

Time to get pre training lectures out of the way!

"So, tunnels, yall are all here ta learn 'em! Todays lesson 's how ta navigate even wit'out my markers, a tour o' places 've mapped so far, an' all the nitty gritties o' the diggin' part. Yanno, how ta dig out a new tunnel an' re-enforce 't, types o' tunnels an' what ta expect from 'em. Maybe a special extra 'f yer cool at the end."
Not everyone was cool with intentionally causing a cave in but those that were got instant points from the tom and he'd be sure to try and find some of those cats.

"First yall need a safety lecture. Stay wit' the group. Gettin' lost is gettin' dead unless you know how ta navigate 've not taught ya yet.

Scent 's yer guide here. Scent o' a rabbit will mean one, don' follow unfamiliar scents follow my freshest scent trail. 'f thats hard my breathin' 's always audible an' the tunnels are quiet so ya can follow that. Ta make sure ya don' trip yer gonna use yer whiskers. Keep yer head low so theyre brushin' the wall an' floor and ya can feel the air ahead of ya usin' them. Also stuff like tree roots that'd trip ya." Crowtooth took a break from rasping to cough and remember the rest of the lecture he was starting to repeat every time he did this. "Don' separate from the group, as I said, however 'f there's a cave 'n run. Dust fallin' from the roof 's fine but 'f ya feel dirt coming down, feel thin's shiftin', feel/hear rumblin', or hear creakin' don' wait just run." This part was said with the seriousness death brought and Crowtooth would know well, he was pretty sure a cave in had caused the blow that'd robbed his memories and was keen to not let it happen to anyone else.

"'f yer lost an' alone make sure yer safe an' stay put. Call out an' 'll find ya but 'f 't takes so long ya start ta get thirsty heres how ta get out solo.

I always mark the right wall goin' 'n so make sure the wall wit' my scent 's on the left ta reach the moor. Then just walk 'ome. 'f none of my scent marks can be found don' listen fer wind. Thin's echo down there an' arent always the right way, 't could also be a underground river, 'll show ya one on the tour.

Follow scent. Air can' flow well so 'f ya smell fresh air 't prolly 's so don' just head up, follow the freshest moor scent."

Wooooo that was a lotta talking and Crowtooths voice was fully gravelly and taxed with that but lecture out of the way meant they could head down.
So turning and showing off the small hole the tom flicked a tail and indicated the group follow him, last instructions for a bit given as he rasped "Follow me. We'll come right up ta a large chamber quickly so yall can practice bein' blind (bar you Catapillerpaw you'll be a natural) an' get yer paws in order 'for be star." And just like that the tom ducked into the dark, padding down to the large opening where he'd sit infront of the exit that'd lead deeper and just listened to the blind stumblings of the new tunnel cats.

Silverpaw @Estelle Whisperingpaw @ChaosBringer. Bearpelt, Snakepaw, Birdpaw, Catapillerpaw, Foxpaw, Swanpaw @Katiethewolfchild Spruceheart @Catherine Ravenwing @al3cc766 Dunecall @Wingnettle

First tunnel lesson! This one is full but if anyone is interested in taking the next class or any of its continuances look here! Cats in the class, I will be trying to post every 60 hours and will not wait if you cant get your post in in time! It does not mean your cat is out of the lesson it just means they were zoning out or smth and should quickly try and catch up!

Last edited by Rani; January 14th, 2024 at 12:57 AM.
Old January 14th, 2024, 04:10 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Worried

Default Re: Into the dark [WC tunneling lesson]

Dunecall
Windclan
40 moons | he/him

The Collector
Dunecall sat down to listen to his old friend, Crowtooth, finally explaining him how to navigate those damn furious tunnels that could swallow you up in a fraction of a moment. Great Starclan, I should've done this way too many moons ago. But here he was, finally taking the class like a little youngling apprentice.

"Don't worry guys, I'll watch out for ya." He giggled under his nose, referring to the younger apprentices. Did they get the joke? Watch out. Ha. He was getting old, darn gosh.

He shifted his focus to Crowtooth again, who was talking about orienting themselves in the tunnels' darkness. Shadowclan is a piece of dung compared to us when we run through these dark mazes as if we were blind hares. he thought with a chuckle, writing down everything in his brain while the other talked.

Finally, when the black and white tom entered there he waited for some apprentices to do the same, then set his own foot inside and disappeared in the blackness.

open

Last edited by Wingnettle; January 14th, 2024 at 04:10 AM.
Old January 14th, 2024, 08:32 AM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Bearpelt listened closely to Crowtooth's lecture. She nodded, entering the tunnel when it was time.

Adderpaw (Snakepaw's name was changed) listened to Crowtooth, entering the tunnel when it was time. The seven moon old wasn't tired for once. it had left her alone last night. it usually did that more often, but the cold was making it worse than it usually was. Her very much audible breathing was rapsy, shallow, and heavy and her chest ached with dull pain.

Caterpillarpaw listened to Crowtooth. When it was time to enter the tunnel the seven moon old entered. Not that this would really be difficult for her. After all she had been born blind.

Birdpaw listened to the warrior with the weird breathing for once even though lectures were boring. When it was FINALLY time the six moon old entered the tunnel.

Foxpaw nodded, listening closely to Crowtooth. When it was time the six moon old entered the tunnels.

Swanpaw nodded. This wouldn't be too difficult for the six moon old albino as it was not her first time navigating without sight because of events and meetings that sometimes took place while the sun was out and the sun burned her eyes so she would always close them before heading outside if the sun was out.
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.
Old January 14th, 2024, 01:42 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Whisperingpaw(94/100)

Whisperingpaw padded over to Crowtooth, his fur slightly bristling as others came around. Navigating through the tunnels? Destroying tunnels? 'Now that's something I'll do. The young tom thought excitedly, listening to Crowtooth explain how to navigate the tunnels and what to do if he got lost. Whisperingpaw shook some snow off his fur and puffed his his pelt to keep himself warm. 'I remember the tunnels... I helped reinforce them once..' The young tom remembered the time he was a kit. 'And Hazypaw was still here..' He thought sadly. Why did everyone in his life have to leave him? Why did his parents abandon him? Why did Hazypaw vanish? Why did Berryfrost have to die...?

Whisperingpaw pushed those bad thoughts away and tried to think of better things. 'I have Stempaw, Crowtooth, and Leopardsong.' He repeated in his mind. 'No one will take them from me.' Whisperingpaw promised to himself.

[ @elaif -Stempaw mention] [ @Moonraven -Leopardsong mention] [ @Rani ]

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Whisperingpaw: Beefed Up Tier 1[Inactive] Survival Instincts[Active]
Shrieking Death: Lyrebird's Lullaby [Active] Shadow Fiend [Active]

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; January 27th, 2024 at 07:44 PM.
Old January 16th, 2024, 06:48 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

The day had finally come. It had only taken, what, two seasons of torture before she could finally return to WindClan and get these classes? while Silverpaw wasn't the most pleased having to deal with several apprentices and warriors here, she knew better than to complain about a chance to learn. Especially when it's something she's been a bit partial to ever since she went down into the tunnels that time with Twilightstar and... Whoever else was there. The names were unimportant.

As she sat surrounded by these other felines, the silver apprentice with the pretty fur paid them no heed as she listened. While yes, she had been down in the tunnels twice before (trice if you counted her trying to find her clan after the fire), she was rather unfamiliar with these, and by all means it had been some time since then. She didn't remember there being a long safety lesson either of the times, other than "don't be a dummy", but she came to understand its importance.

That, and her interest in these tunnels, is why she decided to give this lesson her undivided attention, eyes glued to the tunneller who (painstakingly) she realised was quite close in age to her. Those ShadowClanners truly went and tried ruining her life. But that aside, it appeared the safety instructions were over as Crowtooth came to a finish and began disappearing into the tunnels. This was going to be interesting... And she most certainly would have to give her fur a proper grooming again afterwards.

But so be it. A small price to pay for some extra knowledge. Though she felt a twinge of nerves, Silverpaw did not let it show as she stepped right after Crowtooth inside the tunnels, sparring her classmates not even a single glance - and if she did, it was only to ensure no collisions took place. It came as no surprise when she ducked inside without an issue. Though the sudden darkness was a little jarring, Silverpaw fit perfectly inside the smaller size of the tunnels, courtesy of her build, as she always had. It aided in feeling more at ease within the slim tunnels.

Though it took some time, light blue eyes slowly began adjusting to the darkness. It didn't aid much in seeing anything (sunlight was practically none nonexistent in here), but her steps were slow and calculated to begin with. She'd hate to step on a sharp pebble like the first time she was down under and would hate the embarrassment of stumbling about even more. She'd rather be careful than sorry and acted as such, making no brash movements as she followed after the group and Crowtooth.

[ @Rani ]