Today 12:02 PM
quillpaw's stealth lesson...
Last post by Willie Warf
Today 11:57 AM

Old July 3rd, 2021, 09:13 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Apprentices' Den

Stempaw curled up to nap, she wished her ceremony would come soon, as there wasn’t really much she could do until then sadly. But oh well, it’d happen soon.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old July 4th, 2021, 01:02 AM

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
"Hm?"
Rookpaw was snapped out of her mind as Finchpaw joined her. She turned to look at him with deep bags under her eyes. Was it really that obvious?
"Well, I am kind if tired. Um, I don't sleep very well." she said and lifted an eyebrow. Her mind was still kind of fuzzy, floating around outside of reality. She was honestly surprised he hadn't made fun of her yet. Rookpaw turned her head away and bent it down to try and groom the side of her pelt. Somehow, that made it even spikier and messier.

Finchpaw gave a snort as an initial reply as he watched Rookpaw groom herself.

Bad dreams?” He asked as he gave a small smirk at Rookpaws attempt of taming her pelt. It didn’t seem very successful.

“Looks like you’ve been tossing so much that your fur is permanently stuck in a ruffled away, what are you? A kit who got into some tree sap?”

Huh tree sap, that might actually be something that could help keep her fur down.

on hiatus due to personal reasons .
Old July 4th, 2021, 04:05 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
Finchpaw gave a snort as an initial reply as he watched Rookpaw groom herself.

Bad dreams?” He asked as he gave a small smirk at Rookpaws attempt of taming her pelt. It didn’t seem very successful.

“Looks like you’ve been tossing so much that your fur is permanently stuck in a ruffled away, what are you? A kit who got into some tree sap?”

Huh tree sap, that might actually be something that could help keep her fur down.
Rookpaw's fur looked rather frazzled now. The tidy spikes were more like chaotic needles after her grooming attempt.
"Heh, I don't usually get to the dreaming part. It's the thoughts before falling asleep that keep me awake." she said. It sounded rather cryptic but it was what it was. She eventually gave up on her fur. She was used to it honestly.
Old July 5th, 2021, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Rookpaw's fur looked rather frazzled now. The tidy spikes were more like chaotic needles after her grooming attempt.
"Heh, I don't usually get to the dreaming part. It's the thoughts before falling asleep that keep me awake." she said. It sounded rather cryptic but it was what it was. She eventually gave up on her fur. She was used to it honestly.

Finchpaw raised his eyebrows.

Thoughts huh? Do you worry about your fur so much that is gives you insomnia? I know it’s not exactly favorable but it’s just fur” he teased dryly.

He rolled over to his side and gave a stretch, his paw unsheathing in the process. He stayed on his side and laid his head on his paws as his tired eyes searched Rookpaws face.

What kind of thoughts,” he asked eventually, his tail lashing.

He has know Rookpaw for a while now and understood that she had some... special qualities. He never bothered to ask as he wasn’t originally interested; he also didn’t know how to consult cats if faced with deep confessions.

Now things were different. Now he was the main cause of a kits death.

His own mental state was weak and he sought to connect with his friend deeper, as both for his sake and even hers. Rookpaw had stood up for him, he owed her.

Last edited by Nostalgia; July 5th, 2021 at 08:46 PM.
Old July 5th, 2021, 11:46 PM
Mysterious....

Quote:
Finchpaw raised his eyebrows.

Thoughts huh? Do you worry about your fur so much that is gives you insomnia? I know it’s not exactly favorable but it’s just fur” he teased dryly.

He rolled over to his side and gave a stretch, his paw unsheathing in the process. He stayed on his side and laid his head on his paws as his tired eyes searched Rookpaws face.

What kind of thoughts,” he asked eventually, his tail lashing.

He has know Rookpaw for a while now and understood that she had some... special qualities. He never bothered to ask as he wasn’t originally interested; he also didn’t know how to consult cats if faced with deep confessions.

Now things were different. Now he was the main cause of a kits death.

His own mental state was weak and he sought to connect with his friend deeper, as both for his sake and even hers. Rookpaw had stood up for him, he owed her.
Rookpaw gave him a somewhat-amused look as he tried to tease her. It most certainly wasn't one of his better insults. She shook herself slightly before curling into an even tighter loaf, faws folded under her.
It was interesting, to see him ask about her problems. She was used to complaining about said problems, though. Of corse, it was always hard to talk about stuff with Finchpaw, you never knew if he'd be reasonable or if he'd make fun of you.
"Invasive ones, usually. I start worrying about things I know aren't real. Or, at least that's how it's always been. Now, though, I'd call my concerns pretty valid" she mewed, shrugging.
Old July 6th, 2021, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Rookpaw gave him a somewhat-amused look as he tried to tease her. It most certainly wasn't one of his better insults. She shook herself slightly before curling into an even tighter loaf, faws folded under her.
It was interesting, to see him ask about her problems. She was used to complaining about said problems, though. Of corse, it was always hard to talk about stuff with Finchpaw, you never knew if he'd be reasonable or if he'd make fun of you.
"Invasive ones, usually. I start worrying about things I know aren't real. Or, at least that's how it's always been. Now, though, I'd call my concerns pretty valid" she mewed, shrugging.

Finchpaw’s eyes wandered upward and he stared at the dens ceiling.

Intrusive thoughts, huh? Well he had those of his own. He rather have Rookpaws situation where at least hers were possible future problems or even nonexistent ones. His own problems seeped from the past; Dawnstar didn’t trust him, he lost his mentor, and he was confined to camp.

A hint of anger started to grow within him and Finchpaw drew a big breath hoping for a calming effect.

He hated being so .... held back.

Bringing his attention back to Rookpaw he lowered his voice to continue their conversation.

“Ugh stop trying to steal my limelight with your issues, I’m the one tattered and in despair.

He drew a paw dramatically over his head but his eyes stayed hollow and empty of emotions.

However that sucks, maybe ask for some poppyseeds to help you get to sleep?” he suggested as he brought his paw down

Last edited by Nostalgia; July 6th, 2021 at 12:39 AM.
Old July 6th, 2021, 02:16 AM
Mysterious....

Quote:
Finchpaw’s eyes wandered upward and he stared at the dens ceiling.

Intrusive thoughts, huh? Well he had those of his own. He rather have Rookpaws situation where at least hers were possible future problems or even nonexistent ones. His own problems seeped from the past; Dawnstar didn’t trust him, he lost his mentor, and he was confined to camp.

A hint of anger started to grow within him and Finchpaw drew a big breath hoping for a calming effect.

He hated being so .... held back.

Bringing his attention back to Rookpaw he lowered his voice to continue their conversation.

“Ugh stop trying to steal my limelight with your issues, I’m the one tattered and in despair.

He drew a paw dramatically over his head but his eyes stayed hollow and empty of emotions.

However that sucks, maybe ask for some poppyseeds to help you get to sleep?” he suggested as he brought his paw down
Rookpaw made a face that indicated her suppressed laughter, a shaky, tight-lipped smile and nudged him with her paw gently. She missed their banter.
"Oh, how the mighty have fallen!" she mmsaid but immediately regret it once she saw hus face. Maybe he wasn't kidding. Had she come off as insensitive? Her shoulders squared a little as she raised her social guard as usual.
"I'll be fine, not sure if it's big enough of a problem for poppy seeds. You don't seem like you enjoy your sleep either, though. Not that I don't know why..."
Old July 7th, 2021, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Rookpaw made a face that indicated her suppressed laughter, a shaky, tight-lipped smile and nudged him with her paw gently. She missed their banter.
"Oh, how the mighty have fallen!" she mmsaid but immediately regret it once she saw hus face. Maybe he wasn't kidding. Had she come off as insensitive? Her shoulders squared a little as she raised her social guard as usual.
"I'll be fine, not sure if it's big enough of a problem for poppy seeds. You don't seem like you enjoy your sleep either, though. Not that I don't know why..."

Finchpaw gave a small amused huff at Rookpaws comeback. She had been somewhat right, he didn’t feel all that mighty anymore. Bringing his gaze back towards the molly he noticed that Rookpaw seemed a bit uncomfortable. Did she think her comment stung him?? Yes, he felt haunted a bit but he was no means a wussy. Was she pitying him?? He hoped not.

He rolled his head, hoping to crack it.

“I’m pretty sure the whole clan knows why. Not like I’m very popular around here, not that I ever was; something about my bright and shinny personality
,” he scoffed sarcastically.

Finchpaw rolled back to his side and lowered his voice as he shuffled closer.

To tell the truth I don’t regret wanting to go against Dawnstar, what I regret is allowing a kit to be involved and letting my own life matter more than what I believed in,” he growled.

Digging his claws into the earth he brought his gaze to Rookpaws.

“I hate that I had to beg for my life to Dawnstar. I hate that she treated me like a kit. I hate that I wasn’t as brave as Tigerpaw and laid down my life. I hate that I let Finchwhisker down. I hate that I will now never be trusted. I just hate everything.”

He let out a sigh and closed his eyes, his brows burrowed together. Perhaps Rookpaw didn’t want to hear all this, he wondered what she even thought of him after that display

Old July 8th, 2021, 03:13 AM
Mysterious....

Quote:
Finchpaw gave a small amused huff at Rookpaws comeback. She had been somewhat right, he didn’t feel all that mighty anymore. Bringing his gaze back towards the molly he noticed that Rookpaw seemed a bit uncomfortable. Did she think her comment stung him?? Yes, he felt haunted a bit but he was no means a wussy. Was she pitying him?? He hoped not.

He rolled his head, hoping to crack it.

“I’m pretty sure the whole clan knows why. Not like I’m very popular around here, not that I ever was; something about my bright and shinny personality
,” he scoffed sarcastically.

Finchpaw rolled back to his side and lowered his voice as he shuffled closer.

To tell the truth I don’t regret wanting to go against Dawnstar, what I regret is allowing a kit to be involved and letting my own life matter more than what I believed in,” he growled.

Digging his claws into the earth he brought his gaze to Rookpaws.

“I hate that I had to beg for my life to Dawnstar. I hate that she treated me like a kit. I hate that I wasn’t as brave as Tigerpaw and laid down my life. I hate that I let Finchwhisker down. I hate that I will now never be trusted. I just hate everything.”

He let out a sigh and closed his eyes, his brows burrowed together. Perhaps Rookpaw didn’t want to hear all this, he wondered what she even thought of him after that display
Rookpaw felt surprise and then relief wash over her. So, he hadn't felt like he was betraying Dawnstar. What he had said was just to save his own pelt. She wasn't sure if that made it better or worse. She had hoped her friend was no Dawnstar supporter. But then that made his betrayal to the rebels even more selfish. It showed that he cared, though. He felt very bad about what had happened, especially about the kit that died that night.
"I know how that feels. Everyone makes mistakes. And they keep haunting us. But sometimes you change and you learn to move on. But that takes time. I hate that I could never do anything about Dawnstar ruling. I also hate that there might not even be a point- all the leaders have been going crazy lately. I just... hope things will change for the better. Or, I try to, hope is not one of my strong suits. But I hope you can move on from this mistake and learn something from it." she said and immediately buried her face into her paws. She was embarrassed. Worst pep talk ever! Had she been too formal? She probably talked way too much about herself! Curse you, low empathy!

Last edited by Shade.; July 8th, 2021 at 03:14 AM.
Old July 8th, 2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Rookpaw felt surprise and then relief wash over her. So, he hadn't felt like he was betraying Dawnstar. What he had said was just to save his own pelt. She wasn't sure if that made it better or worse. She had hoped her friend was no Dawnstar supporter. But then that made his betrayal to the rebels even more selfish. It showed that he cared, though. He felt very bad about what had happened, especially about the kit that died that night.
"I know how that feels. Everyone makes mistakes. And they keep haunting us. But sometimes you change and you learn to move on. But that takes time. I hate that I could never do anything about Dawnstar ruling. I also hate that there might not even be a point- all the leaders have been going crazy lately. I just... hope things will change for the better. Or, I try to, hope is not one of my strong suits. But I hope you can move on from this mistake and learn something from it." she said and immediately buried her face into her paws. She was embarrassed. Worst pep talk ever! Had she been too formal? She probably talked way too much about herself! Curse you, low empathy!
Finchpaw blinked in surprise.

Rookpaw sounded so much more mature then him. A wave of embarrassment flooded his pelt and he turned away, hoping she wouldn’t notice.

She was right, his own wallowing in despair would do no help to anyone. It was nice to hear that she didn’t hate him for his actions, more like she actually sympathized with his guilt.

Dawnstar was crazy and everyone knew it; he was foolish to think he could take her down with almost no skills.

Yes mom, I’ve learned my lesson,” he grumbled as peeked back towards the black molly.

Letting his gaze linger on Rookpaw for a second he turned his attention towards the entrance of the apprentice den, looking outside.

Do you want to go practice some sparing?I think I could do well with some activity,” his voice dropped into slight challenging tone as he continued,
Unless your scared of these treacherous paws.”

Last edited by Nostalgia; July 8th, 2021 at 08:45 AM.