Old October 21st, 2022, 07:25 AM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Moonlit Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashyLumi View Post
@Ares

Beartooth just nodded “Why do we bother diggin' him a grave when Darkpaw[ would probably come here and cry his pathetic eyes out?”
Burningfrost | Active Shadowclan Warrior | Any Pronouns

Shut Your Mouth,Good Lord! Dont Try n Act Like Me,You’re A Spineless Warrior. So stop trying to act tough like me,You are embarrassing.” ‘Off-Brand Me. Tsk’ The Faded Golden Totrtie Scoffed. They Kicked The former Deputy’s body loosely Into the Grave. They Barely Buried the guy,Leaving one paw sticking out of the grave. The cat then spit on the turned soil before being the walk to camp. “Disappointing.” They Grumbled. She growled lowly at Beartooth. The Golden cat turned away once more and Picking up the pace into a rough walk get it was fast enough. “Let’s get moving,I have places to be and relations to handle,I don’t have time for a Warrior trying to be me right now.

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen
Old October 21st, 2022, 07:26 AM

My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post

Burningfrost | Active Shadowclan Warrior | Any Pronouns

Shut Your Mouth,Good Lord! Dont Try n Act Like Me,You’re A Spineless Warrior. So stop trying to act tough like me,You are embarrassing.” ‘Off-Brand Me. Tsk’ The Faded Golden Totrtie Scoffed. They Kicked The former Deputy’s body loosely Into the Grave. They Barely Buried the guy,Leaving one paw sticking out of the grave. The cat then spit on the turned soil before being the walk to camp. “Disappointing.” They Grumbled. She growled lowly at Beartooth. The Golden cat turned away once more and Picking up the pace into a rough walk get it was fast enough. “Let’s get moving,I have places to be and relations to handle,I don’t have time for a Warrior trying to be me right now.
Beartooth rolled his eyes before walking back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7bzxurJ1I
Old November 2nd, 2022, 10:44 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Larkpaw

In all honestly, Larkpaw would have bet it more difficult to be able to convince a warrior to joining she and Darkpaw in the act of burrying his sister. So imagine her surprise, when she need not rope Willowspark into their little escapade, but instead the newly named warrior seemed willing to go. Now of course, this set Larkpaw on edge, wondering why Willowspark was so keen on accompanying them. She hadn't dared argue, seeing that Fallenpaw's burial was perhaps becoming a bit overdue, but her mind still whirled with suspicions. Maybe Willowspark just wanted to lend a helping paw? No. That could not be it.

Shaking off her curiosities, Larkpaw focused on the task at hand. Mutely, without a word to either of her companions, Lark waited until Fallenpaw had been gently laid on the ground before moving to an empty spot, claws scraping at the dirt as she began digging a grave.

[ @Wintersun - Willowspark / @Darkclaws - Darkpaw | Throwing this in here. I asked Wintersun for Willowspark to join them since Fallen and Willow were friends ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 10:55 AM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Vixensnarl leisurely strolled through Moonlit Grove, enjoying the peace and quiet of the day. It was one of the few places she rarely bumped into other cats, and she would often come here to relax, even if it was where ShadowClan buried their dead. The Enforcer took a deep breath... and then promptly wrinkled her nose in disgust at the underlying scent of rot. What the hell is that? Did someone forget their catch, and it started to rot? Ughhhh.

She followed the scent further into Moonlit Grove to find a paw sticking out of the ground. What. The. Hell. Who buries someone like this? A throaty growl leaves Vixensnarl's throat as she digs up the body, becoming more disgusted when she realizes it was Cinderblaze's. Sure, he had been a disappointing deputy, but he had been a good warrior and was still a member of ShadowClan. And she knew precisely who buried him, and they were going to catch hell as soon as she got back to camp, especially since the scent could have attracted predators and put the entire Clan in danger.

A while later, the brown tabby's paws were covered in dirt, but Cinderblaze's body was properly and respectfully buried. She cast one last look at the freshly upturned mound of earth before whisking away back towards ShadowClan camp to kick some cats' asses.

@neptune [for Rue] @wicked celeste [if you wanted to see!]

Last edited by Ian; November 2nd, 2022 at 10:54 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:33 PM
i am kenough

[ @NinjaBloss ]

Sleepiness was an uphill battle as of late. Ruepaw found himself plagued by dreams he couldn't remember upon waking, which always left a feeling of sorrow behind. What was making him so sad? He had nothing to be sad about.

Sneaking out of camp without supervision usually remedied this ache in his chest though, and the slender calico had no trouble in finding innovative ways of escaping undetected. Usually because they were never roleplayed out. But shut up.

Ruepaw had wanted to visit his mentor... Former mentor. He didn't know why, really, since they hadn't bonded or even trained a whole lot together. And he'd heard Dawnstar had already re-assigned him and Darkpaw to some other cat who never introduced themselves. It seemed like the apprentice would remain an apprentice forever at this point, since every warrior had the mindset that his training was someone else's problem. Or maybe whenever they went looking for him, he wasn't around.

Stepping around the grove in silence, Ruepaw doesn't expect it when one of the Clan's warriors arrives. Quickly, the tom ducks behind a bush and peeks out at Vixensnarl. The enforcer was upset, and soon he realizes that the branches he'd seen near Cinderblaze's grave were not branches but LIMBS. A shiver of glee runs down his spine and the struggle not to laugh hits him hard. He watches as the she-cat re-buries his former mentor before storming away, presumably back to camp to yell at whoever did THAT.

Once she was gone, Ruepaw dashes out towards the new new grave and sniffs at the dirt, circling around it excitedly. Then, rather mischeviously, Ruepaw realizes his sudden need to make dirt. It wouldn't wait. Cinderblaze needed the fertilization anyway!

After his business was done, the apprentice dashes away for more solo mischief.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 06:55 PM

Bump Policy: After 24hrs
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
Larkpaw

In all honestly, Larkpaw would have bet it more difficult to be able to convince a warrior to joining she and Darkpaw in the act of burrying his sister. So imagine her surprise, when she need not rope Willowspark into their little escapade, but instead the newly named warrior seemed willing to go. Now of course, this set Larkpaw on edge, wondering why Willowspark was so keen on accompanying them. She hadn't dared argue, seeing that Fallenpaw's burial was perhaps becoming a bit overdue, but her mind still whirled with suspicions. Maybe Willowspark just wanted to lend a helping paw? No. That could not be it.

Shaking off her curiosities, Larkpaw focused on the task at hand. Mutely, without a word to either of her companions, Lark waited until Fallenpaw had been gently laid on the ground before moving to an empty spot, claws scraping at the dirt as she began digging a grave.

[ @Wintersun - Willowspark / @Darkclaws - Darkpaw | Throwing this in here. I asked Wintersun for Willowspark to join them since Fallen and Willow were friends ]
Willowspark

The lithe warrior was silent the entire trip there, she didn't know when or how her friend had died, but it pained her to look at the motionless, heatless body of Fallenpaw. She didn't deserve it, none of her clanmates did, no one did... Quietly she followed along side the two, she noticed a few times when Larkpaw would glance back at her, with suspicion or something else, she couldn't tell. Once they finally reached the cove, she sat down close to her friend, grooming her somewhat matted fur out, her eyes were already closed, so Willowspark didn't have to worry about that part. Instead she stood up and glanced out, noticing a few wild roses in the distance, she quickly trotted over and picked one making her way back and setting one down on her shoulder. "Goodnight for the last time Fallenpaw..." She murmured quietly.

Me: Oh hi ;-; Do you need something?

Spider: *Crawls off screen*

Me: Oh... Okay then ;-;

Bumb after like 5 hours I'm on pretty often so If I don't get to our rp the means I forgot- ;-; (Yes if you were wonder ing the ;-; is my favorite face)
Old November 2nd, 2022, 08:29 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkpaw

Darkpaw solemnly walked alongside Larkpaw and Willowspark. He had insisted on carrying and dragging the body to the grove himself after getting permission from Dawnstar to attend the burial of his sister. The whole way there he hadn’t said a word. Not about Willowspark joining them, not about Larkpaw casting continuous suspicious glances, and even not when he had laid Fallenpaw’s body down to prepare the hole in which she’d be buried. Remaining silent, he took up a position opposite of Larkpaw and began to help dig the hole. Every once in a while he’d glance over at Willowspark who groomed the deceased cat’s fur down. He was slightly annoyed because he had done this earlier, but as she had been partially dragged on the way there, his aching neck evidence of that, he allowed her to continue without interruption and turned his attention back to the task at paw.

Once the hole had finally been dug he glanced briefly at Larkpaw before looking away and making his way over to his sister’s body. Apparently, while he and Larkpaw had been digging, their other companion had laid a rose. He gave the warrior a small appreciative nod before taking up a spot next to his sister as well.

Darkpaw hurt. A lot. Physically, he felt as if something were squeezing his heart and it had sunken into his stomach, whilst mentally he was in shambles. Closing his eyes, he touched his nose to the deceased cat’s forehead and quitely whispered a small prayer for her, finally breaking his silence. ”StarClan please watch over her and guide her paws where I can’t and continue to watch over me and keep me on the right path.” He pulled away and looked once more at Fallenpaw’s frail body.

If only he could have done more! If only he had asked her to go hunting sooner! If only he didn’t allow her to be so stubborn and refuse help! If only he had made more time for her! If only…

Stupid…

He shouldn’t blame himself, but he did. He blamed himself for not making an effort to make more time for her while she was struggling alone, he blamed himself for not making sure she took care of herself, he blamed himself for her getting sick, for her starving, and for her eventually dying. Darkpaw was a selfish liar. He had promised her she’d get better in the last conversation they had and she didn’t. She died. He had said that out of his own selfish desires and wishful thinking and it got neither of them anywhere. He couldn’t take this guilt. He couldn’t handle this pain he was feeling. And it eventually pushed so much that he couldn’t hold it in anymore…

”Fallenpaw…”

His voice was barely above a whisper when he said it. ”Fallenpaw,” he said once more, his voice raising a little bit. ”Fallenpaw!” the warrior-sized apprentice cried out in a strangled sob. The walls he had built up, the walls he tried so desperately to hold together in the face of Dawnstar were finally crashing down. She was gone. His sister was gone. And she was never coming back.

”I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,” Darkpaw cried out ”I lied Fallenpaw. I lied and said everything would be okay. That you would be okay,” The tom was in tears now, unable to contain them anymore. He no longer cared what Willowspark thought, he no longer cared what Larkpaw thought, in his own little world it was just him and the body of his beloved littermate. "I'm stupid and a liar and the worst big brother ever," he sobbed, his grief taking over "A terrible big brother that lies to his little sister and can't even make sure she's okay." he continued. He shouldn't berate himself like this, and deep down he knew that, but he felt like this whole ordeal was his fault. ”I’m sorry,” he repeated ”Fallenpaw please-” he sniffled ”-please forgive me for not being able to help you...” He sat there in his anguish, unwilling to move from the spot and actually lay the she-cat in the hole so they could cover her with the upturned earth. ”I’m so sorry…” he choked out one last time.

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; November 2nd, 2022 at 08:38 PM.
Old November 6th, 2022, 08:03 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Larkpaw

Larkpaw's suspicions towards Willowspark gave way to guilt and shame as the other she-cat found a rose to place it upon Fallenpaw's shoulder. She was really being a judgmental idiot, wasn't she? At times like these, maybe it would do good to let loose and trust others.

The digging of Fallenpaw's grave passed in silence, and afterwards, Larkpaw held back to allow Darkpaw and Willowspark to bid their friend and sister a final goodbye. Willowspark had already done so, but seeing Darkpaw in almost physical pain made Lark feel something that she hadn't felt in a good long while. Uselessness. That truth resounded in Lark's mind. She was helpless.

Fully, entirely, helpless.

Now, as Darkpaw's vulnerable state was drawn out, and the invisible shield he'd placed shattered infront of her eyes, Lark's amber gaze crinkled with concern. "Dark..?" The slim apprentice trailed off, brow furrowing. Half of her wanted to turn away at the sight. Darkpaw deserved his privacy, he deserved to be given alone time with his sister. But the other side wanted to stay, to press against him like a sibling might and offer a false promise that everything would be okay.

But if she knew anything, it was that false promises did not lead to anything. Instead, she stepped forward to stand at Darkpaw's side, slowly shoveling dirt into the grave so that her two companions should not have to go through the pain of doing it themselves. "It's not your fault." She said quietly after a long moment, pausing long enough to lock gazes with Darkpaw before turning back to burying the deceased apprentice.

[ @Darkclaws - Darkpaw / @Wintersun - Willowspark | Aaaah, I am so sorry for how late this is But I lost all motivation and didn't want to put up a half-hearted reply ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old November 7th, 2022, 08:21 AM

Bump Policy: After 24hrs
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkclaws View Post
Darkpaw

Darkpaw solemnly walked alongside Larkpaw and Willowspark. He had insisted on carrying and dragging the body to the grove himself after getting permission from Dawnstar to attend the burial of his sister. The whole way there he hadn’t said a word. Not about Willowspark joining them, not about Larkpaw casting continuous suspicious glances, and even not when he had laid Fallenpaw’s body down to prepare the hole in which she’d be buried. Remaining silent, he took up a position opposite of Larkpaw and began to help dig the hole. Every once in a while he’d glance over at Willowspark who groomed the deceased cat’s fur down. He was slightly annoyed because he had done this earlier, but as she had been partially dragged on the way there, his aching neck evidence of that, he allowed her to continue without interruption and turned his attention back to the task at paw.

Once the hole had finally been dug he glanced briefly at Larkpaw before looking away and making his way over to his sister’s body. Apparently, while he and Larkpaw had been digging, their other companion had laid a rose. He gave the warrior a small appreciative nod before taking up a spot next to his sister as well.

Darkpaw hurt. A lot. Physically, he felt as if something were squeezing his heart and it had sunken into his stomach, whilst mentally he was in shambles. Closing his eyes, he touched his nose to the deceased cat’s forehead and quitely whispered a small prayer for her, finally breaking his silence. ”StarClan please watch over her and guide her paws where I can’t and continue to watch over me and keep me on the right path.” He pulled away and looked once more at Fallenpaw’s frail body.

If only he could have done more! If only he had asked her to go hunting sooner! If only he didn’t allow her to be so stubborn and refuse help! If only he had made more time for her! If only…

Stupid…

He shouldn’t blame himself, but he did. He blamed himself for not making an effort to make more time for her while she was struggling alone, he blamed himself for not making sure she took care of herself, he blamed himself for her getting sick, for her starving, and for her eventually dying. Darkpaw was a selfish liar. He had promised her she’d get better in the last conversation they had and she didn’t. She died. He had said that out of his own selfish desires and wishful thinking and it got neither of them anywhere. He couldn’t take this guilt. He couldn’t handle this pain he was feeling. And it eventually pushed so much that he couldn’t hold it in anymore…

”Fallenpaw…”

His voice was barely above a whisper when he said it. ”Fallenpaw,” he said once more, his voice raising a little bit. ”Fallenpaw!” the warrior-sized apprentice cried out in a strangled sob. The walls he had built up, the walls he tried so desperately to hold together in the face of Dawnstar were finally crashing down. She was gone. His sister was gone. And she was never coming back.

”I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,” Darkpaw cried out ”I lied Fallenpaw. I lied and said everything would be okay. That you would be okay,” The tom was in tears now, unable to contain them anymore. He no longer cared what Willowspark thought, he no longer cared what Larkpaw thought, in his own little world it was just him and the body of his beloved littermate. "I'm stupid and a liar and the worst big brother ever," he sobbed, his grief taking over "A terrible big brother that lies to his little sister and can't even make sure she's okay." he continued. He shouldn't berate himself like this, and deep down he knew that, but he felt like this whole ordeal was his fault. ”I’m sorry,” he repeated ”Fallenpaw please-” he sniffled ”-please forgive me for not being able to help you...” He sat there in his anguish, unwilling to move from the spot and actually lay the she-cat in the hole so they could cover her with the upturned earth. ”I’m so sorry…” he choked out one last time.
Willowspark

The she-cat turned a quiet gaze to Darkpaw and rested a silky tail on his shoulders in what she hoped was a comforting manner. She couldn't find the words she felt right. She was only a friend, she shared only a fraction of the pain and guilt her sibling would have. Turning around, she looked at Larkpaw and quietly asked,"Do you need any help with that?" She took her tail off of Darkpaw's shoulder, yet made no move to go over to Larkpaw. She would only go over if Larkpaw agreed to letting her help.
@Kat

Me: Oh hi ;-; Do you need something?

Spider: *Crawls off screen*

Me: Oh... Okay then ;-;

Bumb after like 5 hours I'm on pretty often so If I don't get to our rp the means I forgot- ;-; (Yes if you were wonder ing the ;-; is my favorite face)

Last edited by Wintersun; November 7th, 2022 at 08:21 AM.
Old November 20th, 2022, 10:04 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkpaw

Darkpaw just stared blankly at Larkpaw when she looked into his eyes to inform him that the death of his sister wasn’t his fault. She was right of course, but he couldn’t help but feel as though it was. He was slowly losing everyone he loved and it was tearing him apart inside. He couldn’t stand this feeling of hopelessness and pain. His sister. His only littermate was gone and there was nothing he could do. He nodded absentmindedly as his denmate turned around to get back to burying the deceased cat.

He turned his gaze towards Willowspark when he felt her tail rest on his shoulder and blinked at her blankly. Well, that wasn’t good. The tom’s emotions were slowly starting to seep away and he was beginning to feel numb. He watched as the two she-cats set about burying the deceased apprentice for a while. He didn’t want to be here. He didn’t want to bury his sister. He wanted to go back to playing as they did when they were younger before they became apprentices and had limited time to spend with one another. Things would never go back to how they were before, and he knew that. After staring blankly, he slowly brought himself up onto his feet and walked over to the hole, and slowly began to brush dirt into the hole as well.
[ @Kat @Wintersun sorry for the long wait! I uhh.. Was kind of avoiding it. Hopefully this make sense, I kinda typed as I thought and didn’t really proofread]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here