Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Hi WCO!!!
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 01:21 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Blazing
Today 01:15 AM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Morrigan
Today 01:08 AM
Warrior Name Game
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 01:04 AM
★ ramen's little art shop ★
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 12:54 AM

Old January 2nd, 2018, 08:12 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Hoot's Clearing [ Open ]

This thread is open to everyone!

Hoot's territory is a fair sized forest clearing. It's closest to ThunderClan territory, though it is not close enough that Hoot often comes across ThunderClan cats often. The clearing is surrounded by tall oak and birch trees. Fallen trees lean against the ones still standing, providing cover from the weather. Two hollow logs- opposite of each other- border two sides of the clearing. Finally, an abandoned Twoleg birdbath sits in the center of the clearing. Hoot often uses this birdbath as his nest, as he enjoys sleeping under the stars. In situations of bad weather, he retreats to his nest inside of the hollow log on the left side of the clearing.

Hoot

♡♡♡

Hoot, a 9 moon old Abyssinian tom, jumped down from his nest on top of the old Twoleg birdbath. The sunlight shining down into the trees had woken up the young tom from his nap. The tom began to stretch his legs as he hit the ground, trying to work out the soreness in his body. Despite the soreness, Hoot felt energized and ready for another day of exploring the area surrounding his territory. He'd moved into the area only a moon ago. He'd only made his nest a half-moon ago. When Hoot had come across this area, there were faint scents of other cats lingering in the logs and around the birdbath. The strongest scents were stale, meaning whoever stayed here previously was long gone. There were also fresh scents of cats simply passing by. To be sure he wasn't trespassing on another cat's territory (and ensure that he wouldn't cross paths with any other cat), Hoot spent a half-moon sleeping amongst the trees on their branches. It wasn't all too bad, Hoot reminded himself. He did enjoy the wind on his fur and the view that he got. But the wood was hard and made his body as stiff as a long dead mouse. Hoot was far more comfortable in the moss nests that he made in the birdbath and inside one of the hollow logs.

Unsure of exactly how he'd like to begin his day, Hoot stuck his pink nose into the air, trying to catch a scent, any scent. He wasn't hungry, but perhaps he could catch something for later. Or maybe there was nearby predators that he could chase off. A few days ago, the young tom chased off a young fox cub. The ginger creature was far too young to be on its own and had probably strayed from its nest when its mother wasn't looking. Anyways, the cub had gotten too close to Hoot's territory that he'd felt inclined to chase it away. He had, however, been sure to make sure the cub went in the direction that its scent trail came from. He expected that its mother would quickly find it and lead the cub back home. Hoot wasn't so sure that today would be that thrilling and exciting, but it was another day to explore and see new things. At the very least, it was another day of being alive, something Hoot was learning to appreciate. So, there Hoot was, with his nose in the air and his tail lashing excitedly behind him, ready for another day of being alive.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:57 AM
Pixelscar, Pixscar, Scar

My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Hoot's Clearing [ Open ]

@Thistledawn

~~~

Kiki awoke from a dreamless sleep, letting out a small grunt she got up, shaking bracken and twigs from her black pelt she heaved to her paws. The she-cat glanced around, as she got out from the bush she was sleeping under earlier. Opening her jaw, she smelt fox and grumbled "I hope I don't end up running into that thing." She shook out her pelt and stretched, before making her way through the forest. Soon, she came across a clearing and looked around, spotting a younger looking tom near a two-leg structure. She gave her chest a couple of licks to make sure she didn't look as much of a rogue as she was before padding into the clearing. She made her way over to the tom, eyes darting around, as to say if anything jumped out at her, she would be sure to attack. "Hello, do you know where to find some good prey around here?" She asked, sliding her claws out just in case he wasn't a friendly as he seemed to the she-cat

Last edited by savage scar; January 3rd, 2018 at 12:58 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 11:17 AM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage scar View Post
@Thistledawn

~~~

Kiki awoke from a dreamless sleep, letting out a small grunt she got up, shaking bracken and twigs from her black pelt she heaved to her paws. The she-cat glanced around, as she got out from the bush she was sleeping under earlier. Opening her jaw, she smelt fox and grumbled "I hope I don't end up running into that thing." She shook out her pelt and stretched, before making her way through the forest. Soon, she came across a clearing and looked around, spotting a younger looking tom near a two-leg structure. She gave her chest a couple of licks to make sure she didn't look as much of a rogue as she was before padding into the clearing. She made her way over to the tom, eyes darting around, as to say if anything jumped out at her, she would be sure to attack. "Hello, do you know where to find some good prey around here?" She asked, sliding her claws out just in case he wasn't a friendly as he seemed to the she-cat
The other cat's scent wafted into Hoot's nose only a heartbeat before she padded into the clearing. Even with the short warning, Hoot jumped in surprise. This was the first time another cat had wandered right into his clearing. His body tensed as he eyed the newcomer. She seemed nervous and unsure, just as Hoot felt. She seemed innocent enough, but Hoot had played this game before. The Abyssinian had met cats before that have feigned innocence, then stabbed him in the back. So much for avoiding other cats today, Hoot grumbled to himself. He wasn't sure if he should take the chance and entertain the she-cat or if he should chase her off straight away. The tom wished the other cat hadn't strayed here in the first place. If so, he wouldn't have to decide how he wanted to handle her.

Now facing her, Hoot kept his body ready in case he was attacked. He stuck his nose into the air once more just to be sure that the she-cat was alone. The tan colored cat didn't detect any other scents, but he stayed wary. There could be other cats hiding where he couldn't scent or see them. Hoot's yellow-green eyes scanned the eyes of the she-cat, trying to uncover anything she might be hiding from him. "I don't," Hoot meowed, not even bothering to return the other cat's greeting. "I haven't been in the area for long. Though, wherever you see trees, you'll probably find squirrels. Birds too." He offered, lashing his tail impatiently. When would she leave?

Profile pic
Old January 3rd, 2018, 11:17 AM
Angelique's Brother!

My Mood: Fanatic

Hawk moved through the unknown territory, her jaws opened at the scent of a few prey around her. The rogue hadn't been able to eat in a while, since it was a very cold leaf bare. Hawk kept on walking, because she was in unknown territory and she was afraid that it belongs to someone, so they prey wasn't her's. 'I'm not going to be able to hunt. I don't know what cats might have claimed this part of the forest,' thought Hawk. She kept walking, scenting a fresh scent of another cat close by.

Please know that your perfect no matter what gender, sexuality, etc is.

I'll only be on from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am my time.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 11:01 PM
Pixelscar, Pixscar, Scar

Kiki sighed and rolled her eyes "You seem worse than me, hey I don't like other cats anymore than you but I just got out of the two-leg rabbit warren that they call a city." She told the tom, flexing her claws before turning on her heels and walking out, not wanting to deal with snobby kits anymore than she did. She then noticed another cat was wandering through, her ears perked and she nodded to the cat "Hello, don't go into that clearing, a kit that would rather be left alone is in there."

@Megan
Old January 4th, 2018, 12:33 AM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Kiki sighed and rolled her eyes "You seem worse than me, hey I don't like other cats anymore than you but I just got out of the two-leg rabbit warren that they call a city." She told the tom, flexing her claws before turning on her heels and walking out, not wanting to deal with snobby kits anymore than she did. She then noticed another cat was wandering through, her ears perked and she nodded to the cat "Hello, don't go into that clearing, a kit that would rather be left alone is in there."

@Megan
Anger and irritation built up under Hoot's tan fur. The fur around his neck bristled as he watched the other cat turn and pad in the opposite direction. Who was she to have an attitude with Hoot when she was the one in the wrong? He hadn't even been totally rude to her. The tom had at least answered her question, and he'd answered it relatively honestly. Surely if the she-cat only looked up she'd see a bird's nest filled with precious eggs. She'd probably be able to spot a squirrel's nest too if she had just opened her eyes. "Well- at least I'm not the one who stupidly strayed into another cat's territory!" He called after her, unsure if she could even here his howling. It seemed pointless to argue with the she-cat, but Hoot felt like he needed to defend himself. "Cats are born with noses and a sense of smell for a reason! Try using them next time!" The Abyssinian added for good measure. He huffed and tore at the grass with his claws. This was exactly why Hoot hated other cats.

Profile pic
Old January 6th, 2018, 06:08 AM
Pixelscar, Pixscar, Scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Anger and irritation built up under Hoot's tan fur. The fur around his neck bristled as he watched the other cat turn and pad in the opposite direction. Who was she to have an attitude with Hoot when she was the one in the wrong? He hadn't even been totally rude to her. The tom had at least answered her question, and he'd answered it relatively honestly. Surely if the she-cat only looked up she'd see a bird's nest filled with precious eggs. She'd probably be able to spot a squirrel's nest too if she had just opened her eyes. "Well- at least I'm not the one who stupidly strayed into another cat's territory!" He called after her, unsure if she could even here his howling. It seemed pointless to argue with the she-cat, but Hoot felt like he needed to defend himself. "Cats are born with noses and a sense of smell for a reason! Try using them next time!" The Abyssinian added for good measure. He huffed and tore at the grass with his claws. This was exactly why Hoot hated other cats.
Kiki paused, being able to hear the yowls from where she was standing with the other cat. "I'll be back." She said kindly to the other, before turning and walking back to where Hoot was. She made her way over to the tom again, before leaning down to face the tom, eyes flashing in rage and fur on the back of her neck spiked "Don't you dare talk to me like that, you're lucky I'm not going to rip you to shreds." She hissed, grabbing hoot's right shoulder with her long claws and dug them into it. "I would like to see you try to survive with what I dealt with in the city." She whispered into his ear before ripping her claws out of his shoulder and backing away, eyes now narrowed, ready for a fight.
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Kiki paused, being able to hear the yowls from where she was standing with the other cat. "I'll be back." She said kindly to the other, before turning and walking back to where Hoot was. She made her way over to the tom again, before leaning down to face the tom, eyes flashing in rage and fur on the back of her neck spiked "Don't you dare talk to me like that, you're lucky I'm not going to rip you to shreds." She hissed, grabbing hoot's right shoulder with her long claws and dug them into it. "I would like to see you try to survive with what I dealt with in the city." She whispered into his ear before ripping her claws out of his shoulder and backing away, eyes now narrowed, ready for a fight.
Hoot's eyes widened as he spotted the other cat heading towards him. She looked angrier now, infuriated. The rage in her eyes sent small shivers down the Abyssinian's spine. He regretted his choice to howl after the she-cat after she was already gone, but he didn't want her to have the last word. The tom flinched when his shoulder was pinched by the she-cat's claws. Hoot tried to pull himself away from the she-cat, but she only leaned closer and whispered into his ear. His heart raced inside of his chest. It thumped at a thunderous volume. The young tom was hardly even able to hear his own thoughts. Avoiding the she-cat's eyes as she backed away a few paces, Hoot glanced at his shoulder and noticed a patch of his tan fur was missing. He saw a small clump of it tangled in the grass beneath him.

The cat casted his green gaze towards the she-cat, who looked more than ready for a fight. Hoot inwardly cowered. He knew how to fight, sure. But just barely, and with little skill and grace. It seemed that the she-cat who faced him with rage radiating from her body knew far more than he did. This is bad, Hoot thought. He wanted to cry out for help, but there wouldn't be anyone to come save him. The survivalist in him kicked into gear. He couldn't get hurt. He wouldn't know how to heal himself or stop any scratches or cuts from getting infected. Hoot wouldn't be able to win this fight. It was hopeless for him. He knew he had to give in, let the she-cat go with the last word and whatever pride Hoot once had, but Hoot was still reluctant. Admitting defeat wasn't easy.

Taking up a weak defensive stance, Hoot stared into the she-cat's eyes. "I'm not looking for a fight. Just go." He tried to control the small tremble in his voice, but he hadn't totally masked it. Oh boy, was he scared. Hoot always knew that another cat would be the end of him. Other cats weren't to be trusted. They were unpredictable and back-stabbing creatures. They were always against Hoot. The world was against him since the moment he was born. Hoot wished at the very least that he'd get to live through the four seasons before he died. Now, because he had such a big mouth and hurt pride, he'd been rash and angered a stranger and fierce she-cat.

Profile pic
Old January 7th, 2018, 01:46 AM
Pixelscar, Pixscar, Scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Hoot's eyes widened as he spotted the other cat heading towards him. She looked angrier now, infuriated. The rage in her eyes sent small shivers down the Abyssinian's spine. He regretted his choice to howl after the she-cat after she was already gone, but he didn't want her to have the last word. The tom flinched when his shoulder was pinched by the she-cat's claws. Hoot tried to pull himself away from the she-cat, but she only leaned closer and whispered into his ear. His heart raced inside of his chest. It thumped at a thunderous volume. The young tom was hardly even able to hear his own thoughts. Avoiding the she-cat's eyes as she backed away a few paces, Hoot glanced at his shoulder and noticed a patch of his tan fur was missing. He saw a small clump of it tangled in the grass beneath him.

The cat casted his green gaze towards the she-cat, who looked more than ready for a fight. Hoot inwardly cowered. He knew how to fight, sure. But just barely, and with little skill and grace. It seemed that the she-cat who faced him with rage radiating from her body knew far more than he did. This is bad, Hoot thought. He wanted to cry out for help, but there wouldn't be anyone to come save him. The survivalist in him kicked into gear. He couldn't get hurt. He wouldn't know how to heal himself or stop any scratches or cuts from getting infected. Hoot wouldn't be able to win this fight. It was hopeless for him. He knew he had to give in, let the she-cat go with the last word and whatever pride Hoot once had, but Hoot was still reluctant. Admitting defeat wasn't easy.

Taking up a weak defensive stance, Hoot stared into the she-cat's eyes. "I'm not looking for a fight. Just go." He tried to control the small tremble in his voice, but he hadn't totally masked it. Oh boy, was he scared. Hoot always knew that another cat would be the end of him. Other cats weren't to be trusted. They were unpredictable and back-stabbing creatures. They were always against Hoot. The world was against him since the moment he was born. Hoot wished at the very least that he'd get to live through the four seasons before he died. Now, because he had such a big mouth and hurt pride, he'd been rash and angered a stranger and fierce she-cat.
Kiki just smirked and said "Just be careful, or your tongue will be the death of you." Was all she said before turning around and leaving, tail swishing around. She paused and swung her head around a pointed to one of the trees behind him, mouthed "There's a squirrel sitting up there, if you need a bite to eat." and left, wishing to find a less populated area of the forest.
Old January 7th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Kiki just smirked and said "Just be careful, or your tongue will be the death of you." Was all she said before turning around and leaving, tail swishing around. She paused and swung her head around a pointed to one of the trees behind him, mouthed "There's a squirrel sitting up there, if you need a bite to eat." and left, wishing to find a less populated area of the forest.
The Abyssinian kept his eyes trained on the she-cat as she left. He waited until he was sure she was gone until he let out a sigh and let his body relax. How disheartening that whole encounter was. Hoot felt all of the energy and enthusiasm pour out of his body. He couldn't even bring himself to chase after the squirrel that the she-cat had pointed out. In that moment, it seemed hopeless. Meeting this she-cat had drained him of all hope and reassured him that all cats were untrustworthy and awful. Sighing, Hoot climbed back up the Twoleg birdbath and curled up in his nest, his heart still beating a little faster than normal. Perhaps he wouldn't go exploring today.

Profile pic