My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Wrenpaw
~<>~
18/100
8 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

[dc: 12]

Wrenpaw trailed behind the group on the way to Sleepy Thicket, taking not of the route to get here and the landmarks passed. She didn't say much, preferring to get going in silence so the patrol could get done faster. Herbs were important or whatever, but the silver feline honestly could not care less about them.

She listened absently at Mistyshard's explanation of the territory - it was their graveyard, it didn't require a big speech or anything. Rolling her eyes at the 'headless warrior' legend, Wrenpaw began tuning the conversation out, only really picking up that they could split up for now. Was that wise? If they were attcked, Wrenpaw had no training to defend herself but... well, that wouldn't be on her, now would it? Grinning, the she-cat peeled off in the opposite direction as the Lionheart.

[roll: 5, failure]
Poking around the fresh growing grass and plants, Wrenpaw didn't see anything that matched Mistyshard's earlier explanation of yellowbells. In fact, she wasn't seeing any flowers in this part of the territory. Frowning, she walks in a different direction, keeping her eyes peeled instead for the many white petals of the daisy - surely that would be easier to find?

[roll: 14, success]
Aha! It seems she was right about the daisies being easier to spot! There's a flowering patch of five of the flowers not far away. Pep in her step, Wrenpaw picks three of the flowers and holds onto them while she tries again for those blasted yellowbells.

[+3 daisies]
[ @starry - mistyshard // @Blazing - pigeonpelt // @SentimentalSquid - berrypaw ]
Old April 3rd, 2024, 08:31 AM

Bump Policy: After a week!
My Mood: Busy

PIGEONPELT
Molly - Warrior - RiverClan

Pigeonpelt followed quietly behind the other three Riverclanners. It was a patrol for educational purposes, as Mistyshard explained this part of the territory. The Sleepy Thickets, She gazed across the land and into the undergrowth. Occasionally, she glanced at the two apprentices, but she spoke nothing. A silent patrol every once in a while would do. She wasn't exactly satisfied with Wrenpaw's attitude, and her eyes slightly narrowed. Such disrespect, she thought as she slowly trailed off to the other side of the cats, keeping near the apprentices yet spreading out as she started searching and sniffing for herbs.

[Roll d20 = 12 | Success]
Soon, a few flickers of yellow appeared in front of her, and she sniffed it. Yellowbells, two of them. Gently picking them from their stem, Pigeonpelt held onto them softly and brought them back to the patrol, still listening to Mistyshard. She thought she had heard about the headless spirit before, but it must've been long since it was last told to her.

Now that they were spreading out, Pigeonpelt started off towards the other side, glancing back to see if anyone followed her (though probably not). Following back towards bushes, she sniffed, her muzzle opening slightly as she looked for daisies.

[Roll d20 = 16 | Success]
Another two daisies, and she plucked them too, cautious so she wouldn't harm them. These flowers were beautiful, shining golden under the sunshine, and Pigeonpelt smiled slightly. Noticing that others were still searching for herbs, she walked further away continuously, on the hunt of gathering herbs.

> @starry [Mistyshard]
> @SentimentalSquid [Berrypaw]
> @Neptune. [Wrenpaw]
Old April 3rd, 2024, 12:14 PM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Troutstone
He/him - 25 Moons
It seemed he was cursed to patrol this place. Troutsotne felt that he hadn't hunted in any other part of the territory in ages.
The grey tom flicked his tail to send his patrolmates on their way, then sunk into the hunters crouched and headed to where he could scent a nest of mice. In no time, he had caught four mice that had been rustling around in the moss. Pleased with his work, he started to return to the meeting point. Once the others had arrived, he headed to camp.
@Epiales - @Bean

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old April 3rd, 2024, 02:26 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Mistyshard led her patrol to Sleepy Thicket, staying especially close to Berrypaw incase her apprentice felt unsure around the two new cats. There was a pretty chill look in her one amber eye; usually the patrols she was in returned in a timely manner and no one got lost. Hopefully that would be the case today. She turned her attention to Berrypaw to explain a little more about where they were headed, since they hadn’t done a territory tour yet.

“Wrenpaw if you need to listen in because you don’t know much ‘bout Sleepy Thicket feel free to,” she added to the other apprentice accompanying them and Pigeonpelt. “Sleepy Thicket is a patch of trees where RiverClan’s dead are buried, so it’s our graveyard. Some believe an old legend saying a headless spirit wanders in these woods, wanting to reclaim his lost soul.” Tears almost spilled out of her one orb as she remembered who had told her this story. Stormtalon.

He’d felt like a father and the best mentor she could have wished for before he died. He was also the first cat she had ever lost before they all started dying or disappearing… She bit back the emotions and let out a small sigh, then continued. “It’s a good place for hunting as well if you’re brave enough to come here. But honestly? I don’t believe the story of the ‘headless spirit’. Nonsense if you ask me. Been here countless time and it’s just a normal patch of territory.”

She let out a teasing purr. Soon, they arrived at the thicket, trees looming over them. Small rays of sun broke through the woods. Mistyshard turned to her three patrolmates and tipped her head slightly. “Technically, we split up here. If anyone wants to stick with me feel free to, I don’t mind either way.” She gave all of them a nod, then trotted off in the search for yellow bells and daisy.

[ @Blazing @Neptune. @SentimentalSquid ]

Berrypaw trotted alongside Mistyshard, making a point to stay close to her. She was grateful that her mentor seemed to have the same idea.

As they went along, Berrypaw listened in anxious curiosity as her mentor spoke of a graveyard and... spirits? The fur along Berrypaw's neck rose a little bit but she tried to play it off, not wanting her mentor to see her fear. Despite that, she couldn't help but murmur in shock, "A headless spirit? Stars above...!"

If her mentor was sure it was nonsense, it must be. She'd been here so many times, she'd ought to have seen the spirit by now if it were true. But the apprentice still couldn't shake that eerie feeling entirely away.

When they arrived, Berrypaw was slightly panting, still finding it hard to keep up with long-legged warriors. Her soft paw pads felt bruised and pained as they got used to trekking around uneven territory, nothing like the soft grass and sand back at camp. She took a few deep breaths as quietly as possible, not wanting the others to be aware of her efforts.

When Mistyshard started to walk off, instinctively Berrypaw stuck right behind her. "I'll come with you!" She squeaked. That Wrenpaw's attitude unnerved her a bit, and she didn't really want to mess around with that other apprentice. Besides, if she were with Mistyshard, even that headless spirit wouldn't scare her as much. Her mentor seemed brave enough to handle anything!

These yellowish flowers here... could that be what her mentor had mentioned? She stuck her nose in some plants, immediately sneezing as the potent scent went straight up her nostrils.

[Roll d20 = 3. Fail]
Nope, not a thing. The plants were all wilted and dead anyway, killed by leaf-bare's frost. Grumbling, Berrypaw looked around a tree stump for another clump.

[Roll d20 = 14. Success]
The apprentice nipped some flowers, bringing them over to her mentor. "Is this the right thing?" She mewed with a mouth full.

[+2 yellowbell]

(( berry's little thoughts are so cute i love her ))

/ @starry @Blazing @Neptune.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice.

Last edited by squidz; April 3rd, 2024 at 02:27 PM.
Old April 4th, 2024, 08:54 AM
death does not define us

Status: ★ umbrae et pulvis sumus ★ ★ PART RAT ★ ~ Forever known as ~MothDust~
Bump Policy: doesn't matter to me :)
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingRabbit View Post
Troutstone
He/him - 25 Moons
It seemed he was cursed to patrol this place. Troutsotne felt that he hadn't hunted in any other part of the territory in ages.
The grey tom flicked his tail to send his patrolmates on their way, then sunk into the hunters crouched and headed to where he could scent a nest of mice. In no time, he had caught four mice that had been rustling around in the moss. Pleased with his work, he started to return to the meeting point. Once the others had arrived, he headed to camp.
@Epiales - @Bean

Frostmelt
|he/him|purrks: N/A|moons: 17| riverclan warrior|
"dulce bellum inexpertis" ~ War is sweet to those who have never fought.
"Factus sum sicut homo sine adjutorio, inter mortuuos liber." ~ I have become like a person without help, living among the dead.
{patrols 2/2 herb patrol, hunting patrol}
[herbs now known: poppy flowers, and marigold (going to ask how to use them later)]

He watched the other warrior nod to him and then walk off with his prey, might as well get some in before they needed to go back to camp. He trotted in and looked around, before using scent. When he did the scent of a mouse and a crow. He had caught a few crows with Sea, did Riverclan need more? He slowly made his way over to the scent of the mouse. Crouching as he got closer before pouncing on it. And rolling over. He had quickly enough killed the mouse so it didn't pop out of his hands on the roll.

And, as he was rolling, he spooked a lizard which jumped on his face. Wow, how very majestic. The tail of the lizard fell off, which spooked him again before realizing. He grumbled to himself about the details before going back to camp with his singular mouse.

૮ ྀིྀིྀི₍ ⸝⸝•̥\./•̥⸝⸝ ₎ ྀིა Fawnheart<3 gifted me this fawn and threw flowers on my profile ❀ | TheRadioDemon gave headpats to all here ( T_T)\(^-^ ) | Ravenswings was here :> | Beanz is locked hostage here from Moths duck army | finley.exe is headbanging to mindless self indulgence :0 | Starphobia has showered stars upon everyone. Stars everywhere! | leopard. cats tramped the place... THEY HAVE COME AGAIN! | CrimsonOaks held up two gay cats here and the lion king theme song started. | Nyx's WCO soul is still here
Blaze left her art supplies here ☆♡♤◇♧○□
Art Shop
Old April 4th, 2024, 10:11 AM
death does not define us

Status: ★ umbrae et pulvis sumus ★ ★ PART RAT ★ ~ Forever known as ~MothDust~
Bump Policy: doesn't matter to me :)
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Spiritbunny
| He/she/they | RC Warrior | Moons: 22 | No purrks |

Spiritbunny was doing his regular rounds around Sleepy Thicket when he found his next muse. The warrior had been wandering around, trying to find any of the ghost from the ghost stories he grew up hearing about to fuel a new bout of stories as he had been running low on new ideas. The white feline, watching with golden eyes through a dark mask reached up in the branches of the nearby trees. The leaves blooming with leaves as the weather warmed and new leaf continued. A twig snapping caught his attention quickly and Spiritbunny was leaping across the braches of the thicket like an old friend, not questioning his steps in the slightest. Soon came into view was Murkywater. The feline tilted her head curiously,

"The whispers of these woods have been long gone,
why do you walk in this strong haunt?
"

The warrior spoke down to the other with his whispery raspy voice. Not dropping an inch from the branches that he settled on, making the other cat look up to see him. Or would Murkywater mistake him for a ghost. The thought alone had Spiritbunny giggling, the noise was light an dairy, escaping his lungs with ease.
[ @Epiales - Murkywater ]

Murkywater
|dark looking water kitty with algae colored eyes|he/they|RC warrior|
"I hope what you did to me, haunts you"

The warrior walked about the sleepy thicket. He didn't care much for the spooky ghost stories. He simply talked and chatted about to himself without much care to look around him. He liked the coolness of the tree and bush-enclosed area. The greenery. He had been here so many times he knew each detail by its step. Often he would close his eyes as if he were blind and find his way around. He loved that game but had no one to play with. He would giggle to himself at the thought, he still acted like a child. He whistled a bit, smiling to himself. Ghost stories... they didn't scare him he wanted to meet one. His childhood... ah... he didn't have much of one, which kept him in this silly state of mind. Maybe with a touch of insanity.

When the voice was heard his fur prickled in... excitement? He looked up, "I see you little white one," he purred, though he wasn't sure the other was a small one at all. Even if it was a ghost, oh how Murkywater would love that. He smiled as he waited for the other to come down from the tree.

૮ ྀིྀིྀི₍ ⸝⸝•̥\./•̥⸝⸝ ₎ ྀིა Fawnheart<3 gifted me this fawn and threw flowers on my profile ❀ | TheRadioDemon gave headpats to all here ( T_T)\(^-^ ) | Ravenswings was here :> | Beanz is locked hostage here from Moths duck army | finley.exe is headbanging to mindless self indulgence :0 | Starphobia has showered stars upon everyone. Stars everywhere! | leopard. cats tramped the place... THEY HAVE COME AGAIN! | CrimsonOaks held up two gay cats here and the lion king theme song started. | Nyx's WCO soul is still here
Blaze left her art supplies here ☆♡♤◇♧○□
Art Shop

Last edited by Epiales; April 4th, 2024 at 10:11 AM.
Old April 4th, 2024, 11:18 AM
♡ Pixie ♡

Bump Policy: ✩1 week / 48 hrs if Time-limited✩
My Mood: Sad

Rainpaw
He/They - 13 Moons

Yea. Needless to say, Rainpaw didn't like going anywhere other than camp. He didn't know the territory. Soon, he would ask furbs to give him a tour. For now, he had to follow the others. And it seemed the others didn't linger around long enough to even teach him how to hunt land animals. Fish, he could do. But mice, birds, shrews? Yeah, he didn't know. Irritated, he flashed an angry look to his patrolmates. How did they not know he was untrained? Rainpaw normally spent most of his time in camp, either with furbs or getting over his past. That didn't leave a large gap for knowledge learning, mainly because no cat even bothered to ask. Well, he would just have to teach himself. Maybe he could surprise himself, and furbs. The one-eyed apprentice sighed, annoyed. They gazed at the forest of sleepy thicket. Yeah, no, this was creepy, to say the least. But Rainpaw was used to sucking it up and dealing with it. Otherwise, he wouldn't be in this spot now. The scarred apprentice looked around. He turned his head, hard to hear prey with just one ear. Eventually, he picked up the noise of rustling. He parted their jaws, taking in the scent of mouse.

They turned to the direction of the scent, laying low. He swept his half tail sideways, creeping up on the mouse. It was hard for him to maintain their balance, shaking slightly. As soon as he lept, the mouse moved out of the line of fire. Rainpaw groaned. He had no idea what he did wrong, and that would make it harder if he came across another mouse. He gazed at the silent forest, thankful for the quiet and aloneness it brought. Being in camp all day ment he was always around other cats. It was a nice change. Rainpaw turned back to the direction he came, making sure to stick by the scent of his patrolmates. That would be their way back. Their one blue eye swept across the terrain. It was... different. He thought of Rivers when thinking of RiverClan. But the forest was nice. Sleepy Thicket, was it? He remembered Fadingsun saying their destination in camp. If he remembered, this was where the clan buried the fallen. He shuttered. Things haven't been the same since... him. Rainpaw didn't even want to say his name, after all the pain it caused them. But they shouldn't think about this now.

The tabby heard rustling in the bushes nearby. Dropping into a messy crouch, they crept over. Rainpaw's blue eye fell onto another mouse. He would leap further from the mouse this time, prehaps they got too close the last time? The older apprentice stopped about two tail-lengths away from the mouse. They thrusted their hind legs, leaping forward. His paws slammed on the bare ground. It got away. This patrol was all one big failure. Rainpaw was so going to report to the deputy what their patrolmates did. Leaving him behind. A one-eyed apprentice, who didn't know how to hunt, to complete a hunting patrol? They scoffed. Rainpaw mummured under their breath as they followed the scent of his patrolmates back to camp. So far, that was the only thing that was useful they had done for him.

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Pocket Full Of Purrkies
Old April 5th, 2024, 05:11 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Mistyshard was a little annoyed by Wrenpaw's attitude but didn't comment any further on it. Getting the patrol done was the most important thing for now. She smiled at Berrypaw when her apprentice made the decision to come along with her. Having some company was good and would hopefully make this less boring. She found herself enjoying spending time with Berrypaw, actually. Her one amber eye darted across the thicket, and she frowned a little when noticing how many dead plants there were. Finally, after some searching, she managed to spot a white fleck of color. It was close to where Berrypaw was headed so she joined her apprentice in going to that direction.

Good, that was daisy. Mistyshard grabbed two of the yellow-centered flowers, then turned her attention to Berry. Indeed that looked like yellowbell. "Yu..h," she murmured with a nod, voice muffled due to the herbs she was holding in her maw. She dropped the daisies for a moment. "I found two daisies over there, maybe there's more close." She flicked her tail in the direction. "Ah - there's a speckle of yellow over there too!" Could be yellowbells, if she was lucky.

@Neptune. @Blazing @SentimentalSquid
[+2 daisy]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old April 7th, 2024, 01:14 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Kingly

Wrenpaw
~<>~
24/100
8 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

Herbs, herbs, herbs. Daisies in grasp, Wrenpaw decides she should probably put her attention on the other target: yellowbells. Bell shaped yellow flowers. Hmm... As she's searching, Wrenpaw absently wonders what they're used for. Maybe fever? Infection? Tummy ache? She doesn't know, nor does she really, care all that much, but it's not like there's anything else to do other than think about that stuff.

[contesting rolls: 16, 14 - success]
"Oh, there's some," she mumbles around the daisies already in her jaw, trotting over to the little patch of them. Hm, no wonder they took a bit to find, they look a little wimpy... like they'd only just begun to bloom. Shrugging, the silver feline drops her burden and picks a couple of the most bloomed looking ones, deciding that she really can't carry anything else, and trots back over to where they'd initially all split up. She can wait here while everyone else finishes their collecting.

[ +2 yellowbells, 3 daisies ]
[ @starry // @SentimentalSquid // @Blazing ]
Old April 8th, 2024, 08:30 AM

Bump Policy: After a week!
My Mood: Busy

Pigeonpelt

[Roll: 13 | 16 | Success]

Putting down the few herbs she had currently collected, Pigeonpelt continued to collect as she walked further into the Sleepy Thicket, her eyes darting back and forth through the bushy undergrowth. Her eyes glinted under the occasional sparks of sunshine as she passed through the cracks of rays between the rustling leaves. Pigeonpelt spotted a flash of yellow through a part of the bush, and she trotted over to find a few more daisies. Smiling brightly, she picked them up as gently as before.

[+2 daisies]

Continuing forward, though having no findings for the first few moments, she saw a single yellowbell standing by itself under the shadows of a nearby tree. She went to pick it up as well. As long as the patrol continues, she'd be looking for more and more herbs that RiverClan currently needs.

[+1 yellowbell]
@starry | @SentimentalSquid | @Neptune.