Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How many buhs can we get
by hades.
Last post by sock
Today 08:26 AM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by Epiales
Today 08:21 AM
berrypaw love/relationship...
Last post by Epiales
Today 08:17 AM
A Marten And The Marsh (p)
by Zei
Last post by Zei
Today 08:16 AM
Travel, She Wrote (p)
by Zei
Last post by Zei
Today 08:14 AM

Old August 9th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardblaze View Post

Leopardpaw let out an amused purr at Dapplesplash, not letting her mentor's chiding phase her, "I guess that would be a 'little' long." She felt the excitement fill her chest, her tail flicking happily. "So what move are we going to do first?" she asked eagerly, enthusiasm filling her voice. Sunlight shone down, its golden rays warming her fur.
Dapplesplash laughed. "Well, would you like a defensive move, or offensive move first?" She asked her lively apprentice.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old August 9th, 2018, 08:37 PM

My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

Dapplesplash laughed. "Well, would you like a defensive move, or offensive move first?" She asked her lively apprentice.
Leopardpaw thought briefly about what type of fighting move she wanted to learn before meowing excitedly," An offensive move!" She wanted to be a great fighter when she became a warrior.

Last edited by Leopardblaze; August 9th, 2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old August 9th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw thought briefly about what type of fighting move she wanted to learn before meowing excitedly," An offensive move!" She wanted to be a great fighter when she became a warrior.
"Ok." She purred. "There is one, where if you lunge at a warrior, they might duck, and if they do, you must be prepared to dive down and knock the air out of their stomach with your paws." She demonstrated on a bracken bush. "Now you try." She indicated to a lower bracken bush.

No star is lost at all

Old August 9th, 2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:

"Ok." She purred. "There is one, where if you lunge at a warrior, they might duck, and if they do, you must be prepared to dive down and knock the air out of their stomach with your paws." She demonstrated on a bracken bush. "Now you try." She indicated to a lower bracken bush.

Leopardpaw watched very closely as her mentor demonstrated the technique on the bush in front of them. "Ok," she nodded looking to the bush. She did her best to recreate her mentor's stance before she lunged at the bush, diving towards where the belly of a cat would be. Her paws hit the bottom of the bush near the place she was supposed to before stumbling a bit as she tried to balance herself when she landed.

Last edited by Leopardblaze; August 9th, 2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old August 10th, 2018, 04:04 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Northern_Lights~ View Post
@NightWarrior4Life
Cloverwhisker listened as Gorsepaw explained her lack of tail, ocean eyes soft and amiable. She was pleased to hear Gorsepaw had found solace in Shinefang, and entertained herself with training. Her apprentice had shown herself to be a very capable and determined she-cat, who Cloverwhisker was pleased to have as her apprentice. Before the creamy feline could respond to Gorsepaw, the excitable apprentice had darted off in the direction of the training plateau, Cloverwhisker trotting off after her. The warrior's tail was raised high in the air, her ears perked up, as she ambled over to Gorsepaw's side. She cast a thoughtful look around them, taking in the different scenarios being played out by mentors and their apprentices all over the plateau. After a moment, the quiet she-cat looked to her apprentice with reassuring eyes; "Whenever you're ready," She encouraged, attentive gaze ready to analyse what Gorsepaw had managed to learn independently. Cloverwhisker was impressed by Gorsepaw's ability to learn things for herself, and her eagerness to learn and challenge herself was something the warrior hadn't seen in many cats. She knew without a doubt that she would not regret mentoring Gorsepaw.
The brown tabby dropped into a crouch and slowly crept forward. She was focusing on a rock, imagining it was a mouse. Once she felt she was close enough she pounced and held it between her paws. "Gotcha!" She exclaimed, yellow-green eyes shining proudly.
Old August 10th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:

Leopardpaw watched very closely as her mentor demonstrated the technique on the bush in front of them. "Ok," she nodded looking to the bush. She did her best to recreate her mentor's stance before she lunged at the bush, diving towards where the belly of a cat would be. Her paws hit the bottom of the bush near the place she was supposed to before stumbling a bit as she tried to balance herself when she landed.
"Let yourself slide more - even though a warrior will be taller than you, when their flying towards you, you're not going to want to be standing up. So once you slide, which shouldn't be for a long time, just a whisker length, don't forget to roll on your back and then strike out with your paws." Dapplesplash corrected. "Don't be afraid to tell me if you want me to demonstrate again."

No star is lost at all

Old August 10th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
The brown tabby dropped into a crouch and slowly crept forward. She was focusing on a rock, imagining it was a mouse. Once she felt she was close enough she pounced and held it between her paws. "Gotcha!" She exclaimed, yellow-green eyes shining proudly.
Watery gaze looked on encouragingly, eyes scanning Gorsepaw's movements attentively. The apprentice had done well in her self-taught endeavours, Cloverwhisker failing to find too many obvious errors. Careful analysis allowed the she-cat to pick up on one main flaw, "Your general posture was near enough perfect. But make sure you keep your tail more above the ground next time; not too raised prey can see it, but not too low it will brush against the ground and make noise," The she-cat explained softly, trying her best to sound confident in her explanation. She had never mentored, so she was eager to ensure she did everything correctly. Any other issues with Gorsepaw's hunting techniques would likely become more obvious in an actual hunting situation, given her demonstration revolved around an inanimate rock. But the creamy feline was quite contempt with Gorsepaw's general technique, noting it could probably do the trick at catching a mouse; not to mention she was a young apprentice, all self-taught abilities aside. "You can either run it through again, working on your tail, or move on to a different demonstration, as the tail issue is not too drastic," The mentor explained, tail flicking up in the dirt as she lowered down onto her haunches.
Old August 13th, 2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:

"Let yourself slide more - even though a warrior will be taller than you, when their flying towards you, you're not going to want to be standing up. So once you slide, which shouldn't be for a long time, just a whisker length, don't forget to roll on your back and then strike out with your paws." Dapplesplash corrected. "Don't be afraid to tell me if you want me to demonstrate again."
Leopardpaw listened to her mentor's corrections playing out the scene in her head before nodding," I'll try it again!" She crouched slightly before lunging once again at the bush, diving more directly towards the place she was supposed to be. As her paws landed on the ground she felt herself slide more than she did on her previous attempt, as her mentor had instructed. She rolled onto her back as quickly as she could swiping her paws at the bush's small branches that hung over her head, managing to send a few leaves swirling down. She looked over to her mentor as she rolled onto her side as she got to her paws, "How was that?"
Old August 14th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:
Leopardpaw listened to her mentor's corrections playing out the scene in her head before nodding," I'll try it again!" She crouched slightly before lunging once again at the bush, diving more directly towards the place she was supposed to be. As her paws landed on the ground she felt herself slide more than she did on her previous attempt, as her mentor had instructed. She rolled onto her back as quickly as she could swiping her paws at the bush's small branches that hung over her head, managing to send a few leaves swirling down. She looked over to her mentor as she rolled onto her side as she got to her paws, "How was that?"
Dapplesplash nodded. "That was great!" She purred. "Lets practice a little more before we try another move." Dapplesplash said, adding, "Oh, and don't forget to slide on your back as you as you have balance! The more time you have for swipes at their belly the more of a chance you have at making them flee!" She said happily. Sitting down, she watched her apprentice with a purr.

No star is lost at all

Old August 18th, 2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:

Dapplesplash nodded. "That was great!" She purred. "Lets practice a little more before we try another move." Dapplesplash said, adding, "Oh, and don't forget to slide on your back as you as you have balance! The more time you have for swipes at their belly the more of a chance you have at making them flee!" She said happily. Sitting down, she watched her apprentice with a purr.

Leopardpaw listened to her mentor, happy that she had done it correctly. She would never want to let Dapplesplash down. Focusing on what her mentor had told her she prepared to try the move again. "Okay!" she meowed determined to do it better than the last time. She lunged at the bush, diving into the same area as before. As she felt the ground under her paws she let herself slide for a heartbeat before twisting onto her back as quickly as she could so that the momentum would allow her to slide on her back as well. Landing a few swift blows onto the little branch. Getting to her paws she shook a few of the tiny leave that clung to her shoulder. " Was that better?" she asked hoping she had improved.