Today 06:15 PM
Vinepaw Training
Last post by Moonraven
Today 06:14 PM

Old May 28th, 2022, 09:18 AM
Pfp by Caspian :> Venus!

Bump Policy: Whenever, just not like 10 minutes after
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Demons and a possible ship? (P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedShadow View Post

Xavier Wynter

Xavier knew he was in trouble the second her entered the building. None of the bodyguards or other staff even looked at him. That was off putting on its own, because he was always getting made fun of it yelled at in some way. He made his way to the top floor, fear, adrenaline, and suspense building to the point where he could feel his heart beating in his throat, and his blood was roaring in his ears. He knew the second he eased the door open that things were about to get very bad for him.

He was late

Xavier swallowed hard as he entered the room. His father was sitting on a leather chair, surveying the papers that were tossed all over his desk. Glancing down, he could see the faces of people that he would probably be sent after next. “F-father?” He ventured, his voice coming out strangled. “What have I told you, Xavier?” His father says calmly. “Do I need to say it again?”

Xavier winced, his hands shaking visibly, and he shoved them into his pockets. “You said,” He replied, attempting to keep his voice level. “Never to call you that unless I earned the privilege.” His father rose out of his chair and Xavier took a step back, suppressed panic glinting in his eyes. Chris, his so called father, tools a step towards him, voice dangerously soft. “And what else did I tell you?”

Xavier made another strangled noise. “Never to be late when on assassinations-“ A sharp crack resounded throughout the room as Chris’ fist connected with Xavier’s nose, blood spurting out of it as he reeled, connecting with the wall, crimson droplets staining the pure white paint. Xavier’s hand immediately went to his broken nose, eyes wide, but not daring to utter a sound.

And you deliberately disobeyed me!” Chris roared with fury, striding towards his son. “I spent so much time on your training, and you still turn out to be a pathetic excuse for a human being!” He snarls, lashing out again. His other fist slamming into his midriff, the sharp edge of one of the rings on Chris’ fingers glancing sharply off his rib, causing him to buckle over in pain. Unfortunately, Chris’ boot came up, and the sharp tip caught Xavier in the jaw, sending him sprawling on the floor.

“What do you have to say for yourself??” He demanded.

(Long story short he gets beat up pretty badly.)
~Glitch/Goggle~
she preferred using glitch. it was much more subtle, and it wasn't as awkward. she watched until his father's last question, before making her way in. she was silent, and much like a shadow, creeping along the wall. her eyes sharpened. a disgusting excuse for a human being. she slid over, before cracking her knuckles, and leaping forward, attempting to keep a chokehold, while slamming the man against the wall. "he is way better than someone like you will ever be!" she hissed. her tail lashed behind her, tipped with something similar to that of a curser on a computer or laptop. it was sharp. not the sharpest, but sometimes you have to work with what you're given.
Old May 28th, 2022, 11:10 AM
Resident Insomiac

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post

~Glitch/Goggle~
she preferred using glitch. it was much more subtle, and it wasn't as awkward. she watched until his father's last question, before making her way in. she was silent, and much like a shadow, creeping along the wall. her eyes sharpened. a disgusting excuse for a human being. she slid over, before cracking her knuckles, and leaping forward, attempting to keep a chokehold, while slamming the man against the wall. "he is way better than someone like you will ever be!" she hissed. her tail lashed behind her, tipped with something similar to that of a curser on a computer or laptop. it was sharp. not the sharpest, but sometimes you have to work with what you're given.

Xavier Wynter

Xavier wasn’t sure what happened. First he was on the ground with his father- no, Chris, shouting at him. Then, he stopped. His head was in intense pain, and he could see that blood from his nose was still staining the ground. Pinching the bridge of his nose with a grimace to stem the bleeding, he tried to get in a full breath of air, ribs aching badly. His jaw ached, feeling like someone had bashed him with a hammer, and he got to his feet with a suppressed groan of pain.

That’s when he saw what was going on. His eyes widened, and he fumbled for his gun. Unsure of what was happening, but certain he would be next. He didn’t hear anything that was said, but he decided not to act until he was certain whether or not he was next. Maybe- maybe this creature would take care of Chris, and he’d be free-

His vision blurred, and then he found himself leaning against the wall for support. He shook his head, trying to clear it, but that was clearly a mistake, because it only increased the pain in his head to full blown agony. He gritted his teeth against the pain. Chris must’ve done more damage with that kick than he’d thought. He turned his eyes back to the confrontation, hand on his pistol.

Life Finds A Way Sign-Ups

Lilykit Family Adopts
I don’t have a bump policy, so go ahead and bump me whenever!
Going through a lot right now, so replies will be a bit slow for awhile.
Old May 28th, 2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:

Xavier Wynter

Xavier wasn’t sure what happened. First he was on the ground with his father- no, Chris, shouting at him. Then, he stopped. His head was in intense pain, and he could see that blood from his nose was still staining the ground. Pinching the bridge of his nose with a grimace to stem the bleeding, he tried to get in a full breath of air, ribs aching badly. His jaw ached, feeling like someone had bashed him with a hammer, and he got to his feet with a suppressed groan of pain.

That’s when he saw what was going on. His eyes widened, and he fumbled for his gun. Unsure of what was happening, but certain he would be next. He didn’t hear anything that was said, but he decided not to act until he was certain whether or not he was next. Maybe- maybe this creature would take care of Chris, and he’d be free-

His vision blurred, and then he found himself leaning against the wall for support. He shook his head, trying to clear it, but that was clearly a mistake, because it only increased the pain in his head to full blown agony. He gritted his teeth against the pain. Chris must’ve done more damage with that kick than he’d thought. He turned his eyes back to the confrontation, hand on his pistol.
×Glitch×
her eyes sharpening at the man, she dug her claws into his neck, raising her tail. "you don't deserve someone as strong as him!" she growled, slicing him with her tail, watching the blood spill around her, letting go and watching him fall limp. then she turned to Xavier, and switched to willow. "are you alright,
darling?" she asked, setting a hand on his head gently, watching him before mumbling some words to heal him.
Old May 28th, 2022, 02:49 PM
Resident Insomiac

Quote:

×Glitch×
her eyes sharpening at the man, she dug her claws into his neck, raising her tail. "you don't deserve someone as strong as him!" she growled, slicing him with her tail, watching the blood spill around her, letting go and watching him fall limp. then she turned to Xavier, and switched to willow. "are you alright,
darling?" she asked, setting a hand on his head gently, watching him before mumbling some words to heal him.

Xavier Wynter

Xavier stared at Chris’ body with dull eyes. Was he really dead? He wanted to hope, but knew it was too dangerous. It was never a good idea to get your hopes up. He’d learned that lesson long, long ago. He went to step back as the creature- no, woman, now, came towards him. He didn’t whip out his pistol in time to fend her off, and he tried to hide the flinch as she touched his head. The second she did, an acute feeling of anxiety flashed through him, and he stepped back sharply, eyes going cold as he tried to protect himself from the remembered pain that had surfaced when she touched him.

The day has been too, much, it was all too much, and so he shut down until he could properly process everything. “I don’t need your help.” He says, coldly, watching the woman warily. “I don’t need anyone’s help, I’m fine.” It wasn’t true, but he had grown used to living like this, and in reality, the beating Chris had given him wasn’t all that bad compared to the others. “Why are you even here?”

Lilykit Family Adopts
Old May 28th, 2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:

Xavier Wynter

Xavier stared at Chris’ body with dull eyes. Was he really dead? He wanted to hope, but knew it was too dangerous. It was never a good idea to get your hopes up. He’d learned that lesson long, long ago. He went to step back as the creature- no, woman, now, came towards him. He didn’t whip out his pistol in time to fend her off, and he tried to hide the flinch as she touched his head. The second she did, an acute feeling of anxiety flashed through him, and he stepped back sharply, eyes going cold as he tried to protect himself from the remembered pain that had surfaced when she touched him.

The day has been too, much, it was all too much, and so he shut down until he could properly process everything. “I don’t need your help.” He says, coldly, watching the woman warily. “I don’t need anyone’s help, I’m fine.” It wasn’t true, but he had grown used to living like this, and in reality, the beating Chris had given him wasn’t all that bad compared to the others. “Why are you even here?”
~Willow~
she stared at him, saying, "I can heal you, you know." her eyes watched him warily, before she smiped softly. "you're strong. powerful. innocent... but your forced, aren't you? you don't like blood... you don't like murder. but your forced too, yes? I'm here as a gaudrian... demon, I geuss you could say.," she said, setting a hand on his cheek softly, before pulling back and crossing her legs. "I know that pain. trust me, I do," she said, carefully.
Old May 28th, 2022, 03:24 PM
Resident Insomiac

Quote:

~Willow~
she stared at him, saying, "I can heal you, you know." her eyes watched him warily, before she smiped softly. "you're strong. powerful. innocent... but your forced, aren't you? you don't like blood... you don't like murder. but your forced too, yes? I'm here as a gaudrian... demon, I geuss you could say.," she said, setting a hand on his cheek softly, before pulling back and crossing her legs. "I know that pain. trust me, I do," she said, carefully.

Xavier Wynter

Xavier grabbed her wrist and took her hand off, again. “Don’t touch touch me.” He says, warningly. His gaze went over to his father’s body and he suppressed a shudder. “I need to leave.” He mumbled. Turning abruptly, he strode out of the room and down a few flights of stairs. There were a few things he needed to take before he left, most likely with the entire mafia at his heels. Slipping into his room, he grabbed his knives, and a few more rounds of ammunition before stopping for a second to consider option. Leaving through the window was probably the best option.

Wrenching the window open, he crouched on the windowsill and jumped onto the roof of the building next to this one. It was significantly lower, and he rolled as her landed to lessen the impact. He picked up the bag he’d dropped from the window and dropped down into the alleyways below, not looking back. Maybe, he thought, once the mafia stopped chasing him, he’d be able to start over? He certainly wouldn’t go back.

After all, why would he miss that living hell?

Lilykit Family Adopts
Old May 28th, 2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:

Xavier Wynter

Xavier grabbed her wrist and took her hand off, again. “Don’t touch touch me.” He says, warningly. His gaze went over to his father’s body and he suppressed a shudder. “I need to leave.” He mumbled. Turning abruptly, he strode out of the room and down a few flights of stairs. There were a few things he needed to take before he left, most likely with the entire mafia at his heels. Slipping into his room, he grabbed his knives, and a few more rounds of ammunition before stopping for a second to consider option. Leaving through the window was probably the best option.

Wrenching the window open, he crouched on the windowsill and jumped onto the roof of the building next to this one. It was significantly lower, and he rolled as her landed to lessen the impact. He picked up the bag he’d dropped from the window and dropped down into the alleyways below, not looking back. Maybe, he thought, once the mafia stopped chasing him, he’d be able to start over? He certainly wouldn’t go back.

After all, why would he miss that living hell?
~Glitch~
she rolled her eyes and said, "suit yourself! go off without a thank you that I healed you!" she hissed, before shifting into a falcon again, flying afterwards. "you're not getting away from me," she said, staring at him as she glided above him. her wings beat softly, and she flew into the air for a m ok emts, before going down a little.
Old May 28th, 2022, 11:53 PM
Resident Insomiac

Quote:

~Glitch~
she rolled her eyes and said, "suit yourself! go off without a thank you that I healed you!" she hissed, before shifting into a falcon again, flying afterwards. "you're not getting away from me," she said, staring at him as she glided above him. her wings beat softly, and she flew into the air for a m ok emts, before going down a little.

(Yeah, it’s gonna take awhile for him to warm up to her. XD)

Xavier Wynter

Xavier quickly wound through the streets, swiftly making his way back towards the forest. If he was going to go missing completely, he’d need some help, and he knew the exact person he needed. The only person he’d ever trusted. He passed the place where he’d killed the man just hours before, bike riding in his throat as he remembered those awful staring eyes. It was always the eyes that were the worst.

It was only when he reached the foot of the mountain, maybe an hour later, that he noticed the falcon. He was hyper alert, not wanting to lead anyone to his friend and risk her getting hurt. It was the same falcon that had been flying by when he went back to his father, before he was- damn it. He whips his pistol up and trains it on the predatory bird. “Shift back, and get down here!” He barks. “Now!”

Lilykit Family Adopts
Old May 29th, 2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:

(Yeah, it’s gonna take awhile for him to warm up to her. XD)

Xavier Wynter

Xavier quickly wound through the streets, swiftly making his way back towards the forest. If he was going to go missing completely, he’d need some help, and he knew the exact person he needed. The only person he’d ever trusted. He passed the place where he’d killed the man just hours before, bike riding in his throat as he remembered those awful staring eyes. It was always the eyes that were the worst.

It was only when he reached the foot of the mountain, maybe an hour later, that he noticed the falcon. He was hyper alert, not wanting to lead anyone to his friend and risk her getting hurt. It was the same falcon that had been flying by when he went back to his father, before he was- damn it. He whips his pistol up and trains it on the predatory bird. “Shift back, and get down here!” He barks. “Now!”
~Glitch~
"which form?" she asked as she flew down. she smirked and went with glitch, because that was her true form. "and, second, why? i prefer the air, and you can't really... kill me, either," She said, again. her eyes stayed on the man, not leaving him in sloght fear of what he might try to do to his... guardian demon.

(omg, this is so small, so sorry!)
Old May 29th, 2022, 12:57 PM
Resident Insomiac

Quote:

~Glitch~
"which form?" she asked as she flew down. she smirked and went with glitch, because that was her true form. "and, second, why? i prefer the air, and you can't really... kill me, either," She said, again. her eyes stayed on the man, not leaving him in sloght fear of what he might try to do to his... guardian demon.

(omg, this is so small, so sorry!)

Xavier Wynter

Xavier kept the gun pointed at her, eyes narrowed. “I told you I didn’t need help.” He said, steadily, he was suspicious. She had met him once, and now she was following him around? It didn’t seem right, even if she had given him a helping hand earlier. “The other form. The one I met you in.” He responded sharply. It might be easier to fend her off in that one if she decided to attack. She might have helped him earlier, but it could still end up being a ruse. In any case, he didn’t want to bring her straight to Willow if she ended up being dangerous.

“I don’t trust you.” He says, simply. “And I don’t want to lead you right to my friend, just to have you kill her, or whatever it is you demons do.” He growled. He could spot the irony in it though. Everyone said draconians were demons, when they weren’t, and now here he was face to face with a real one. “I wonder what Willow will think of that.” He mutters to himself.

(Yep, bringing Willow in. Her and Xavier’s stories in the book are very closely intertwined.)

Lilykit Family Adopts

Last edited by Willow_Tree; May 29th, 2022 at 12:58 PM.