by Ian
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:03 AM

Old October 8th, 2020, 06:28 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: The Starcave

@Undertaker

As Icestar realized she was fading, she blinked knowingly at her daughter. She cast a glance at Irisflame, one that was not hostile. Almost...nostalgic. She missed being alive.
"Respect your medicine cats. They will be of great aid to you in your leadership. I have chosen them well. And you would be wise to choose a deputy as soon as possible, but be wary of who you choose. There is mutiny brewing amidst ShadowClan. Not all of my supporters were honest, but there are a few clear choices. I trust you to find the right one." Icestar repeated the point that Wolverine had made, drawing attention to that fact. She looked upon Dawnstar's fading tabby form and felt pride surge in her chest.

"Lead well, Dawnstar. I will be here when you need me." She dipped her head to the new leader as she faded away.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old October 8th, 2020, 04:50 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

[ @punkscape @Undertaker ]
(I'm not sure if you still need another life, but I'm here if you do!)

Irisflame shuddered in apprehension. Her conscience refused to cut the alarms blaring in her head, the ringing that so blatantly signalled how wrong this was. Dawnstar was going to lead Shadowclan. The Tyrant was going to lead her clan. And nothing was stopping her. Azure blues pinned on the great she-cat, she held her breath as an identical dark pelt stepped across the clearing to meet her. Icestar...please be sensible. The silent plea seemed to have been heard. In an impossible moment, the former leader's life kindled a flame. A small, hopeful flame.

Common sense. The medicine cat smothered a grin. This would be something unexpected for Her Tyrannical Majesty. Hopefully, she would use the life wisely- the molly would need it if she wanted to lead. Jumping to attention as Icestar swung around to face her, the blue-furred she-cat puffed out her small chest. The she-cat's surprisingly soft gaze was met with a warm look of her own, pooling with a variety of emotions.
In truth, the leader's death had hit her harder than expected. Yes- she could be cold and snarky and cruel. But she truly cared. She was wise and just. And...she had even been a friend, at times. Attempting to bury the grief collecting in her chest, she nodded to Dawnstar. The clan would be asking after them if they were gone for too long.

"Let's go." She murmured, approaching the newly-appointed leader. Hah.

This would be an adventure.

[ @Zesty Mango @The Ink Demon @Dipper @elysian @Rainquail ]
(sorry for being so late with this! if you don't want to attend the meeting, VM me and ignore the mention <3)

Irisflame could feel the steady itch in her feet as she scaled the hill, muscles feeling as though they had been plagued with all the evil and pain in the world. She really needed to get out more often. Her breath rattled in her throat, now achy and sore. Stars...you'd better be grateful. She dragged herself the last painful lengths. Hugging the summit as if she could slide back downwards any second, she nodded to Ebonyfang. "You...hah...you okay...Ice-clo...ne?" She gasped. Her lungs needed a vacation after this.

Coughing as she inched her way through the musty passage, she squinted through the shadows. Moonhigh was fast approaching. It had felt like ages since their last proper Starcave meeting, even though she had just been there with Dawnstar a quarter moon ago. The last two had been called off due to heavy clouds streaking the moon. An omen? ...Nah. She couldn't take every darned thing as though it meant chaos and destruction. Pace quickening as the narrow hallway began to open up, she found herself staring into the vastness of a cavern. Their cavern. The precious milky stone in its centre stood grandly, as usual, and despite the silence of the space, it felt so...alive.

They had to get this over with. Ebonyfang's official apprentice ceremony had been called off last time, and she was sure she had to do some sort of fancy formality with the two Windclanners. Sometimes she hated being the only one left of her original peers- she couldn't complain about apprentices or reminisce about her past anymore. And she was stuck officiating all the ceremonies. I should run away and go on a retreat at this point. Of course, she was joking. But maybe a little holiday in the territories would be nice.

"The others better hurry up. The moon isn't waiting any longer and we're going in without them otherwise."

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old October 8th, 2020, 08:54 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

// @Moon Lily @The Ink Demon @Dipper @Rainquail @Zesty Mango
Snailswirl
________

The tabby’s breath rattled ever so slightly in their throat. It echoed rhythmically with their pawsteps. They breathed: in, out, in, out. With every few pawsteps, in time. This, as they had learned over the moons, minimized the discomfort and severity of the wheezing and breathlessness. Though, they had to admit, the journey from the RiverClan camp was far easier than that from WindClan. Not only was the water-loving Clan closer, but their territory was less hilly.

What really drove Snailswirl forward this night was the anticipation of seeing Coldamber again. They had been away far longer than they wanted, and had learned, unfortunately, almost nothing. In fact, they hadn’t learned almost nothing, it was just nothing. Homesickness crashed over them like a wave, their pawsteps faltering for a few moments. They wanted to sleep in their own nest, in their own den, the sounds of Coyotesnarl’s droning snores and Coldamber’s soft breathing. They longed for the sounds of home, but knew they couldn’t go home yet. The only thing that the medicine cat had brought, a pearly shell from Stagpaw, sat beside their nest in RiverClan. A reminder of who they were doing this for. Their Clanmates.

Snailswirl was climbing the hill now, their breathing becoming more rough. They knew what to expect this time; it wouldn’t be as bad. Finally, arriving at the top of the hill with shaky legs and ragged breaths, the tabby scented two cats. Two ShadowClanners. Leading into the tunnel. With a few more deep breaths, and hey entered. Following the scents, they walked forward until — "—mmph!" the ShadowClan scent became so strong that they did a double take to avoid bumping into some cat. And ended up bumping into a wall.

"Oh! Ugh. Yep, that’s a wall. Well, uh, with that, how are you guys doing?"

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old October 9th, 2020, 08:28 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@Moon Lily @The Ink Demon @eerie elysian @Rainquail @Dipper @Starfall
(Starfall Rps Frostbreeze’s guard who basically has to go anywhere Frostbreeze goes—in case you missed it, Frostbreeze is TC’s mc. Hasn’t been announced at clan meeting but Buck already appointed her)

Frostbreeze angrily stomped after Coldamber to this Starcave. She had no interest in being a medicine cat, and to make this worse, her guard was tagging along. She pretended like Sageflurry was her body guard when in reality Sageflurry’s job was to protect others from her. She couldn’t wait to have a word with Starclan and demand they make her a warrior again without the consequence of dawn patrol every morning. She stepped into the den and was hit by the same scent she recognized at the gathering, she glared at all the medicine cats and gave a hrumph realizing she had to introduce herself,” Frostbreeze. Thunderclan’s medicine cat, until I can make Starclan to change there mind and make me a warrior again. ” she grumbled. She already knew there names as everyone knew who was the leaders, deputies, and medicine cats of the clans. She gave an eye roll to her guard and shrugged,” That’s my body guard, Buckstar thinks I’m valuable and keeps me protected. Stand outside and keep on watch for badgers or foxes trying to get in here, whatever your name is, Agedworrier or something...“ she ordered not really having any authority over her guard.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; October 9th, 2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old October 9th, 2020, 10:32 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

[ @Moon Lily; @Zesty Mango; @eerie elysian; ]

Ebonyfang padded beside his mentor as they walked up to the Starcave. It sure was nasty out. He didn't know what it meant and hoped it didn't mean anything bad. They needed at least a moon in peace. "Yep I'm right behind you.", he meowed. 'In case you need me,' he thought. He wouldn't dare say it out loud. He had much too respect to say anything like that. Plus he didn't want to get smacked.

The large black tom made it to the meeting place and glanced around. There were no signs of any of the others. He settled down to wait for them to show up. It was almost a few moments before two cats showed up. One he had met the last time and a totally new cat.

Ebonyfang dipped his head to Snailswirl, but to Frostbreeze he wasn't sure how he felt about her. When she started speaking like she didn't even want to be a medicine cat. Than why was she. Sure he had been a warrior for about five minutes, but at least he took his job seriously.

"I doubt thats true. Buckstar doesn't seem like that kind of cat to see you as a cat to protect.", he meowed towards Frostbreeze. Why did starclan choose cats who didn't even want the role. If that was the case he wouldn't want to spend too much time with her.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old October 11th, 2020, 04:01 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Sageflurry
@Moon Lily @The Ink Demon @Dipper @Rainquail @Zesty Mango @eerie elysian
(She won't have any posts once the meeting actually starts n what not! I'll post replies with her until than. Once the meeting starts I will not post until it's finished and Mango's had Frostbreeze leave the cave.)

Frankly, she couldn't really believe that Starclan themselves had chosen this particular Warrior to be their Medicine Cat. But she wasn't one to question how her ancestors worked. What really bugged the molly, however, was how annoyed Frostbreeze seemed to be. It was a gift from Starclan, and it was a blessing to be chosen for such a role. Yet here she was, whining about it.

The whole walk there the Calliby held up the rear, staying silent the whole walk there. She found walking up the hill easy enough, pausing for her group on little rocks and tree stumps. Once they were there, and met up with other Medicine Cats she dipped her head in greetings. To be perfectly honest she felt as though she really wasn't supposed to be there...and she really wasn't. It was a sacred ritual that was meant only for the Medicine Cats. Yet here was a Warrior.

"Babysitter." she corrected as Frostbreeze spoke up, all those thoughts she had leaving her. "Buckstar believes all of his clanmates to be valuable. I'm here to pull your head out of your own ass when the time comes." she stated. "Like now. If she causes trouble let me know, I'll pull her out of there...once the ritual's done. Also. Since I'll practically be a burr in your side for a few moons to come. It's Sageflurry. Don't forget the oldest one between the two of us here is you, by the way." it wasn't really a request, Sageflurry's tone of voice was stern as her bi colored gaze looked over at the other Thunderclanner.

She was going to politely see herself off, but than a Shadowclanner spoke up, to which the molly swiveled her head and gave the stranger a stern, but deadpanned, gaze. "Buckstar care's for all of us...not that you'd know any better. So before you just throw out statement's like that I'd suggest you observe the happenings around you first." she said as she walked towards a rather large boulder. In a quick motion she was seated on top. "I will be staying out here. If I'm needed, call for me. If not, I will leave once Frostbreeze leaves. Thank you."

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old October 11th, 2020, 04:52 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

The journey to Starcave from ThunderClan was no less easier than it was from WindClan. Coldamber didn't fall or trip, thankfully, as she knew she would hear about it from Frostbreeze to the end of time.
Probably the only thing that kept her going was the promise of seeing Smailswirl, that little bit of home to keep her same among all the weirdness in ThunderClan.
Once the final stretch of the journey came to view, the very mountain she previous had trouble getting up, she sprinted on ahead, clambering up.
Once she reached the top, she anxiously waited for Frostbreeze and Sageflurry, she eventually learned the guard's name from passers by giving a short greeting to her.
If they needed help towards the top, Coldamber helped Sageflurry, but really didn't touch Frost.

She practically ran into the cave, eyes scanning for a familiar pelt. Once her eyes set on them, she began to head on over, ignoring Frostbreeze's lies.
She immediately bumped into Snailswirl.
Oh, how she missed them.

@eerie elysian @Zesty Mango @Starfall @The Ink Demon @Moon Lily

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old October 15th, 2020, 04:21 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

[ @eerie elysian @The Ink Demon @Rainquail @Zesty Mango @Starfall]

Irisflame jolted from her unanimated stance, snapping to attention as a distant patter echoed through the cavern. The others would be arriving sooner than she'd thought. This, of course, was a good thing considering the impatient swiftness of the moon. Starclan would see them tonight, and she would present the newbies with formal titles. It sounded so...definite. Everything seemed definite at the moment. An inevitable fate. Her orbs glinted like the gem in the darkness. The pawsteps and the rasping sound of her laboured breathing were the only sounds that separated them from silence. Silence that would be truly chilling if allowed. But the noise forbid it from emerging, and so it strayed into the darkness like a sulking kit.

The Windclan medicine cat- Snailswirl, right?- materialized from the rank tunnel, their heathery scent pounding at her nostrils. It had been so long since she'd smelt that scent. Even under the surprising appearance of a fishy Riverclan scent, too, it was unmistakable. Her heart throbbed painfully. Pops... She trapped the thought before it could wander farther. This wasn't a pity party for her miserable haunches- it was a meeting that signified peace between the four clans of the forest. And Stars was it tiring.
Bristling as the cat decided to hug the wall, she snorted in amusement. They were just like the other Shadowclan cats, going around and hugging at things that would harm them. She couldn't help letting go an unhelpful comment.
"Hey, Slick. I'm offended- would you rather hang out with the rock?" Her teasing tone lilted with amusement, concealed laughter noticable beneath it.

The rare exchange of a smile was wiped clean off her face as the most self-centered, arrogant, idiotic cat she had ever met waltzed into the cavern like she owned the place. Thunderclan scent radiated from her pelt in waves. Ah, of course. Of course the stuck-up brat is a Thunderclanner. The now-Shadowclanner may have been born there, but there was no part of her heritage she despised more. A growl rumbled from her throat. Drawing herself up as talk as she could manage, she padded over to the loudmouth. She would learn a thing or two from acting like some haughty, oh-so-honourable nuisance.
"Oi! Learn some manners, Wretch. The only reason that body guard of yours is here is because Bucky obviously thinks you're too stupid to take care of your own behind." She sniped, her tone dripping with irritation. She was done. She was done dealing with these cats, who believed they were gifted and superior. Ebonyfang had opted for a nicer comeback to her announcement, which left her feeling even more infuriated. The molly shouldn't be able to get away with her behaviour. She gawked at the cat who introduced herself as Sageflurry, and the wretched creature as Frostbreeze. The warrior seemed entirely nonchalant. Which, she must admit, she admired. She wouldn't have made it two pawsteps without ripping the Wretch's face clean off.
"Nice to meet ya, Sageflurry. You more than the other one. At least you can be polite. Or excellently fake being it. Thank you, anyway." She mewed, forcing the sounds that had appeared in her last words to flatten.

Coldamber's appearance helped somewhat with her overwhelming fury, and she shot the she-cat a tense smile. This would not be an enjoyable meeting. She found herself hoping the Wretch would be rejected. She didn't want to spend the rest of her career working with...that.
Whisking away what she could of the anger- which was not a large amount- the medicine cat stepped forwards, just a kithop away from touching the milky crystal. Light began to leach from the figure, flossing the cave with a bluish glow. The medicine cat squinted through the blinding light. The moon had reached its peak in the sky, its milky rays wrapping around the previous rock like a loose hug.
The meeting would commence.
"Lie down and touch your noses to the stone. And don't whine, we haven't got time for that. Chop chop!" Her mew was sharper than she had intended, but it would get the message across.

As her nose met the radiant stone, cold raced through her veins.

Nausea...dark...darker...

Darkness.

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old October 15th, 2020, 01:28 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

// @Zesty Mango @Spoopy Star @Moon Lily @The Ink Demon @Rainquail
Snailswirl
________

As Irisflame spoke to them, the tabby let out a chuckle. “I think it’s more like the rock wants to hang out with me,” they responded, matching her teasing tone.

The woodsy scent of ThunderClan overpowered the den as a figure stomped in. A glare swept around the cave as Frostbreeze introduced herself. Hmmph, they could see why she had the prefix Frost. Well, it was a good thing she was so determined to become a warrior. They didn't quite fancy working with her. And she had a bodyguard? ‘That’s odd. Maybe the cat is here to guard us from her.’ Just as the thought ran through their head, the other ThunderClanner spoke up. They couldn't help but let out a snort of amusement at the calliby’s words. That seemed more like it.

Ebonyfang dipped his head toward them, and they responded similarly. They may not know the ShadowClan medicine cat apprentice very well, but that didn't mean they had to take on a “Frostbreeze” kind of attitude.

As their green eyes adjusted to the miniscule light in the cave, they began to see the glows of the cats around them. Frostbreeze’s was a vivid purple-blue, a color that they had come to realize was something like disgust. Well, that seemed about right. Ebonyfang’s took on a light reddish hue. They wanted to say that was annoyance? Ebonyfang and Irisflame’s auras practically mirrored each other. As another cat streaked in, a burst of pale green and yellow hit them. Those colors were good, right? It seemed so, because that very cat was Coldamber.

With a happy noise that they couldn't quite stifle, they very nearly collapsed when they recognized Coldamber. Oh, how they had missed her. Though she smelled like... ThunderClan? Oh. She was probably there to help or something. They hoped. ThunderClan couldn’t steal Coldamber. Snailswirl needed her too much.

Irisflame’s words jolted them back to reality, and a glow, soft at first, then increasingly bright, filled the cavern. They hadn’t actually seen this happen before. And it took their breath away. The tabby stepped backwards, eyes wide with wonder. This was... beautiful. With a quick shake of their head and one last glance at Coldamber, they stepped toward the glowing stone. First, they felt cold spread across the delicate skin of their nose. Then, darkness threatened to overtake them. Instead of fighting it, something inside the medicine cat told them that it was okay. This darkness was good.

They hoped they were right.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]

Last edited by vellichor; October 15th, 2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old October 16th, 2020, 12:27 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

[ @Moon Lily; @eerie elysian; @Rainquail; @Zesty Mango; @Spoopy Star; ]

Ebonyfang ignored Frostbreezes guard and padded after his mentor. The tom watched everyone place their noses to the glowing stone. It was absolutely beautiful. He felt his heart begin to warm up and he let out a soft smile. He looked at all the medicine cats and laid down, pressing his nose to it It was cold at first, but he soon got used to it. Ebonyfang closed his eyes and let the darkness of sleep take him somewhere other than here.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do