Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave > Reincarnations

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
The next generation of...
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 04:34 PM
DaintyDoe Finder
by Dakotaa
Last post by lys.luvbot
Today 04:33 PM
Quick KK Adopts!
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 04:28 PM
It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 04:26 PM
Bean's Bios vol. II
by Bean
Last post by Bean
Today 04:20 PM
Closed Thread

Old November 3rd, 2023, 03:38 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Default Sharpeye

Quote:
As you approach, you are unnerved by their smoldering gazes.

You know you're being judged for all your worth, but you're determined to make your case. It's not every day cats try to reincarnate, and you're tired of being trapped here. Perhaps your first life didn't go as planned.. but the next one is going to be better.

All you have to do is answer them.

"What makes you stand out from the rest of the cats who want another chance?"
(if I did something wrong, please tell me!)

It had been a long time since the small black cat had been seen in StarClan. He was thought to have faded away. But no. Sharpeye was still there. He did not remember how he died. But he wanted back.

His yellow eyes scanned the cats that gathered around him. The question dug into his heart. This wouldn't be easy, he knew.

"I know I was not born a Clan cat... but how my first life went... it wasn't right. I never got to be a warrior. I was sent from apprentice to elder because of my broken back legs. Now... I wish to return as a true Clan cat. I want to prove myself. Show the world that I am not just some cat from the outskirts. I will never do something stupid like what I did last time ever again. My life didn't go as planned. The others may have their reasons. But me... I always wanted to be a warrior. I stand out because of how my life went. Please, give me a chance."

help choose my new cat's clan

◺--------------◿
Old November 9th, 2023, 10:00 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Sharpeye

*-Dustpoppy-*
Dark Forest // she/her
»»-----------►
@bubblegum.

Dustpoppy rolled her shoulders, suppressing an irritated groan as she was dragged to another mess of a cat begging to try again - pleading for a second shot in any form they could barter for. It was exhausting. Hardly any cat ever managed to catch her eye, none of them truly deserving to go down to the world of the living only to screw up again and return before the council, begging and pleading for another chance - just one more chance! They'll be better this time, they always promise. And do they ever deliver on that promise? Never.

This cat seemed to be no exception to the precedent, pleading to go back so he could be a 'true clan cat' and not just a blithering idiot who got dragged in from the outskirts. Well, an idiot was all Dustpoppy saw as she leveled her cold eyes on him. All at once, her form was made visible to him, beginning with the blue pinpricks of her eyes in a way that was eerie beyond words.

The silence enveloped the cats for a moment as Dustpoppy allowed herself to consider her words, to consider the question she wanted to ask. She had many she could ask, as she always did, but there was always one that would cut deeper than the others and that was the one she would strike with.

"You wish to 'prove yourself'," she drawled after an uncomfortably long silence passed with her just staring, voice slow and deliberate. "You say you'll never do something stupid again, but how can you verify this as fact and not anything more than hot air?"
Old November 9th, 2023, 10:15 AM
error in the code

~~ Sharpeye ~~

{ @FrostyGalaxy }

(I'm sorry if this does sound bad, I am very tired and at school so I am slightly rushed right now)

Sharpeye stared dead-on at the cat who spoke and listened to him. The questions made a lot of sense for him. Would he really not do something stupid? Did he really deserve it?

"My mistake was challenging myself to try a move I had no idea about. I will not try and challenge myself like that again. Especially when it comes to fighting. I was young and didn't understand. I will do better. And besides, the more Clan cats ThunderClan has, the better it has to survive. Another cat to help hunt. Another cat to help fight when I'm ready. ThunderClan is my home. And I deserve to help it. No matter the cost. I will do anything to get back."

◺--------------◿
Old November 26th, 2023, 03:50 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Dewkit
She/her | StarClan Kit
If Dewkit had a pebble for every cat that came before the council begging to be sent back so they could "be a warrior", she would have... a lot of pebbles. Probably enough to have a little pile to throw at each cat that thought it was a good enough reason. Narrowed eyes landed on the warrior who came before them now. While at first she'd had sympathy for his injury that had landed him in this position, it dissolved the moment he opened his mouth.

"I'm hearing you say you 'deserve' a lot of things, but what have you done to deserve a chance that not many others get?" The young fluffy gray kit padded up to stand beside Dustpoppy. Inquisitive blue eyes gazed up at the warrior, genuinely lending an ear. Despite her dislike for his simple plea with not much else to back it up, she was willing to hear him out. "And if you go back, like Dustpoppy said, how do we know you won't make the same decisions that landed you here?" Tilting her head to the side, Dewkit added, "What if you feel the pressure to "challenge" yourself again? Will you give into it? Will you think it through? What will you do?"

[ @FrostyGalaxy @peppermintbubble. ]
Old November 26th, 2023, 11:57 AM
error in the code

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Dewkit
She/her | StarClan Kit
If Dewkit had a pebble for every cat that came before the council begging to be sent back so they could "be a warrior", she would have... a lot of pebbles. Probably enough to have a little pile to throw at each cat that thought it was a good enough reason. Narrowed eyes landed on the warrior who came before them now. While at first she'd had sympathy for his injury that had landed him in this position, it dissolved the moment he opened his mouth.

"I'm hearing you say you 'deserve' a lot of things, but what have you done to deserve a chance that not many others get?" The young fluffy gray kit padded up to stand beside Dustpoppy. Inquisitive blue eyes gazed up at the warrior, genuinely lending an ear. Despite her dislike for his simple plea with not much else to back it up, she was willing to hear him out. "And if you go back, like Dustpoppy said, how do we know you won't make the same decisions that landed you here?" Tilting her head to the side, Dewkit added, "What if you feel the pressure to "challenge" yourself again? Will you give into it? Will you think it through? What will you do?"

[ @FrostyGalaxy @peppermintbubble. ]
~~Sharpeye~~

{ @FrostyGalaxy }

Sharpeye knew something like this would happen. "This is why I want to go back without my memories. I know Beastwatcher is no longer around. So I won't remember that. I will be just another kit who wants to be strong and a warrior. I think it would be better this way. I can have new friends to help me. A new life. A new personality. I will never make that same mistake. If I knew about the mistake, I would be so cautious that I might accidentally make it again. Without memories, I won't know, and therefore, I'll be less likely to make it again. It may seem like the opposite way, but I believe this is the best there is. There is a good chance I might be challenged to do this again, but that might activate the memory of my legs breaking, so I have a higher chance of dismissing it."

"I've learned my lesson. No matter what. I don't care if I don't become a great warrior. Even if I become just a regular warrior, I'll be satisfied with the fact that I didn't make the same mistake again. And I don't know who would be trying to make their apprentices do that anyway."

He knew this wasn't the best, but as long as they let him, he didn't care. "Let me have this one chance. If I fail it, then I lose my ability to try again unless someone really wants me to have a third chance."

◺--------------◿
Old November 26th, 2023, 04:11 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Barkblaze | Male + He/Him | StarClan | Ancient Windclan Medicine cat

Long-furred white cat with black spotting and green eyes.
Though other wardens had approached and spoke first Sharpeye had not gone unnoticed by other denizens of the stars. Barkblaze was here, lurking and lingering, watching the plea with half an eye trying to decide if he should join. For the most part it seemed Dustpoppy and Dewkit had hit the nail on the head (for all Barkblaze disapproved of Dustpoppy on principle). How did Sharpeye plan on not repeating the past? But it was the fact that this was a reincarnation and that the other wardens didnt seem to realize a key fact that drew the medicine cat from the fog.

The mist parted and a black and white tom emerged, head dipped low as he gently nudged Dewkit to the side to take his place in the circle. "Ah a good philosophy perhaps, certainly a better one then you had in life, but you forget. You'll remember nothing of your old life, perhaps you may gain memories later perhaps, but for a long long time you'll just be your new self. To truely change in a new life your new view must be soul deep. Do you truely in your soul have that new drive to go further, to not be foolish, to be wary and wise?" The question hung in the air for a moment until the old medicine cat snorted and scoffed, light tone turning to disdain.

"I doubt it."

Barkblaze approached the tom, scanning him up and down as his tail flicked the dead elders injured legs. "You took for granted your health and crippled yourself, a fool act but a forgivable act. What is not forgivable is the waste you became." The tom paced, listing assumed sins "What did you do in your life Sharpeye? Elders are not dead, they are often the soul of a clan. Their stories tell our history, their care guides the kits, their wisdom advises the apprentices not to make fool mistakes like yours. Elders are not dead, they are living and even made to be one you could have lived. Did you though? Did you do anything with your time as Sharpeye or did you just waste your star given life wallowing in self pity." A rhetorical question as Barkblaze was fairly certain he knew the answer. "You did little if anything. That alone reveals you want this for selfish reasons in my eyes. You wish to live a better life not for the clan but for you, if you wanted to do well for the clan you couldve and shouldve done it in your first life. You did not.

Accidents happen and they may happen again. There is no garentee you could not turn out crippled in a new life as well even being careful. My worry is wasting a gift on someone who will again do nothing but wallow and not even attempt to try and be a warrior, against their leaders word if needed, or failing that not try and still live a life for themselves and the clan."

Another scoff and a judgemental look. "That is my question Sharpeye. Why should I approve of this reincarnation when you've learned the wrong lesson from what youre saying? And further, why should I believe you wish to do this for your clan when your actions speak otherwise."

Barkblazes mind was not set for all his harsh judgement. He was a warden, not a mind reader and this could easily be a case of Sharpeye not presenting his case well. As well, wishing to go back for selfish reasons wasnt the worst thing a cat could do, many selfish warriors were also boons to their clan but presenting it as altruistic was not something he'd accept. Barkblaze would have the true motives here, truth if Sharpeye really wanted to do good and how or why he should get a new life or the liar would get a swift no.

@birdie @FrostyGalaxy @peppermintbubble.

Last edited by Rani; November 26th, 2023 at 04:16 PM.
Old November 26th, 2023, 04:29 PM
error in the code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Barkblaze | Male + He/Him | StarClan | Ancient Windclan Medicine cat

Long-furred white cat with black spotting and green eyes.
Though other wardens had approached and spoke first Sharpeye had not gone unnoticed by other denizens of the stars. Barkblaze was here, lurking and lingering, watching the plea with half an eye trying to decide if he should join. For the most part it seemed Dustpoppy and Dewkit had hit the nail on the head (for all Barkblaze disapproved of Dustpoppy on principle). How did Sharpeye plan on not repeating the past? But it was the fact that this was a reincarnation and that the other wardens didnt seem to realize a key fact that drew the medicine cat from the fog.

The mist parted and a black and white tom emerged, head dipped low as he gently nudged Dewkit to the side to take his place in the circle. "Ah a good philosophy perhaps, certainly a better one then you had in life, but you forget. You'll remember nothing of your old life, perhaps you may gain memories later perhaps, but for a long long time you'll just be your new self. To truely change in a new life your new view must be soul deep. Do you truely in your soul have that new drive to go further, to not be foolish, to be wary and wise?" The question hung in the air for a moment until the old medicine cat snorted and scoffed, light tone turning to disdain.

"I doubt it."

Barkblaze approached the tom, scanning him up and down as his tail flicked the dead elders injured legs. "You took for granted your health and crippled yourself, a fool act but a forgivable act. What is not forgivable is the waste you became." The tom paced, listing assumed sins "What did you do in your life Sharpeye? Elders are not dead, they are often the soul of a clan. Their stories tell our history, their care guides the kits, their wisdom advises the apprentices not to make fool mistakes like yours. Elders are not dead, they are living and even made to be one you could have lived. Did you though? Did you do anything with your time as Sharpeye or did you just waste your star given life wallowing in self pity." A rhetorical question as Barkblaze was fairly certain he knew the answer. "You did little if anything. That alone reveals you want this for selfish reasons in my eyes. You wish to live a better life not for the clan but for you, if you wanted to do well for the clan you couldve and shouldve done it in your first life. You did not.

Accidents happen and they may happen again. There is no garentee you could not turn out crippled in a new life as well even being careful. My worry is wasting a gift on someone who will again do nothing but wallow and not even attempt to try and be a warrior, against their leaders word if needed, or failing that not try and still live a life for themselves and the clan."

Another scoff and a judgemental look. "That is my question Sharpeye. Why should I approve of this reincarnation when you've learned the wrong lesson from what youre saying? And further, why should I believe you wish to do this for your clan when your actions speak otherwise."

Barkblazes mind was not set for all his harsh judgement. He was a warden, not a mind reader and this could easily be a case of Sharpeye not presenting his case well. As well, wishing to go back for selfish reasons wasnt the worst thing a cat could do, many selfish warriors were also boons to their clan but presenting it as altruistic was not something he'd accept. Barkblaze would have the true motives here, truth if Sharpeye really wanted to do good and how or why he should get a new life or the liar would get a swift no.

@birdie @FrostyGalaxy @peppermintbubble.
~~Sharpeye~~

{ @birdie @FrostyGalaxy }

(Am I doing something wrong here? This may sound bad cause I am completely brain dead at the moment. The reason I want him back is because i want him to actually achieve that goal and so I have another character to throw at people.)

Sharpeye closed his eyes, taking deep breaths. These questions were pounding on him hard. Why was it so hard to just ask for a new life? He didn't know how to explain why he wanted a new life. He wanted to do this to find family again. To start again. This wasn't just about his mistake when he was alive. This was for the Clan.

"I... You want to know my true motives? I want this new life not because I want to correct my mistake. I just want this new life, to start over, mainly so this guilt that weighs me down can be lifted. Otherwise I would try and keep my body intact. I want to be pure. My memories weigh me down, and I can never truly 'rest' if you understand. I just want to start over."

"I know that this may be a bad way to try and get a new life, I may not be explaining myself very well, but I am having trouble trying to explain it in a way that makes me understand and all of you understand. I want to find family again, to start over. This is the main reason I want a new body and no memories. The memory of the accident makes me restless and cold. And my death was not supposed to be. It was my fault when I wandered to that river. I broke clan rules and it's why I'm dead. I will never break clan rules again."

"Like I said, this may not be the best way to try and explain myself, but it's the best I've got. I wish to be given a new life and body with no memories so I may lift this boulder off my shoulders and be able to achieve the only goal I have ever had since I was found; be a warrior. I respect your choices and if I am rejected, I understand."

◺--------------◿
Old November 26th, 2023, 05:15 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

*-Dustpoppy-*
Dark Forest // she/her
»»-----------►
[ @peppermintbubble. // @Rani // @birdie ]

It's all Dustpoppy can do not to roll dead eyes at this cats words. A fresh start is all they wanted, a reason to rid himself of the weight of the guilt on his shoulders. It was nothing but a pathetic plea to be comfortable. He would cease to exist as 'Sharpeye', effectively erasing this spirit before the council, just for the sake of ridding himself of guilt. It was honestly nauseating. The weight of the guilt on his shoulders should be punishment well served.

She hated reincarnations because there truly was no way to know if the new cat, once some old memories had been regained, would resort back to their old ways. Not knowing was a horrible stalemate to be in, but Dustpoppy's mind had been made up practically from the first sentence that left the dead warrior's mouth. Dewkit posed a good question, and Barkblaze, his words sharp as ever, despite his annoying face, also posed some compelling points. So, yes, her mind was made up, but once again she was silent for a little too long, enjoying the way others were expecting her to say something or squirming beneath her cold gaze.

Finally, after another heartbeat, the molly spoke up. "You are a liability." She says before drawling on a little longer "there is no guarantee that if you regain any memories your hubris will not get the better of you once again. I do not think that you are fit for another shot at life." She wanted to scoff. How stupid was it to die for your own pride? Practically reaping what you've sewn and then come crawling to beg for another chance? No way would she allow that to happen. Of course, the other two wardens of the starry side of things could very well overrule her, but her decision is made and she's not going back on it.
Old November 26th, 2023, 05:18 PM
error in the code

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post
*-Dustpoppy-*
Dark Forest // she/her
»»-----------►
[ @peppermintbubble. // @Rani // @birdie ]

It's all Dustpoppy can do not to roll dead eyes at this cats words. A fresh start is all they wanted, a reason to rid himself of the weight of the guilt on his shoulders. It was nothing but a pathetic plea to be comfortable. He would cease to exist as 'Sharpeye', effectively erasing this spirit before the council, just for the sake of ridding himself of guilt. It was honestly nauseating. The weight of the guilt on his shoulders should be punishment well served.

She hated reincarnations because there truly was no way to know if the new cat, once some old memories had been regained, would resort back to their old ways. Not knowing was a horrible stalemate to be in, but Dustpoppy's mind had been made up practically from the first sentence that left the dead warrior's mouth. Dewkit posed a good question, and Barkblaze, his words sharp as ever, despite his annoying face, also posed some compelling points. So, yes, her mind was made up, but once again she was silent for a little too long, enjoying the way others were expecting her to say something or squirming beneath her cold gaze.

Finally, after another heartbeat, the molly spoke up. "You are a liability." She says before drawling on a little longer "there is no guarantee that if you regain any memories your hubris will not get the better of you once again. I do not think that you are fit for another shot at life." She wanted to scoff. How stupid was it to die for your own pride? Practically reaping what you've sewn and then come crawling to beg for another chance? No way would she allow that to happen. Of course, the other two wardens of the starry side of things could very well overrule her, but her decision is made and she's not going back on it.
(Short post cause there's not much to do or say)

*Sharpeye simply nodded*

@birdie @Rani

◺--------------◿
Old November 26th, 2023, 05:55 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Dewkit
She/her | StarClan Kit
That didn't sound all that well thought out. "Without memory of the situation that occurred, how do you know you won't make it again?" Dewkit was starting to grow bored of this interaction the more she started to dislike the warrior before her. Not only had he not answered her first question - whether he chose to blatantly ignore it or simply didn't hear, she didn't much care - but now seemed to be speaking nonsense.

From the fog stepped Barkblaze, and Dewkit turned her blue gaze up towards the bigger cat. Her ears perked up as he asked once again what Sharpeye had done to deserve this second chance, and her gaze shifted to see if this time he might answer. But as he started speaking the jaded kit felt her jaw set in a firm line. Guilt, guilt, guilt. She'd heard it over and over, and it proved to her that Sharpeye was no different than the other cats who came pleading for a second chance.

"Perhaps if you had taken responsibility for what little you did for your Clan in your first life, this outcome could've been different. But yet all I see here is another cowardly warrior who wants to rid himself of "guilt". I think it'll serve you better to sit with it, to really let it sink in." Barkblaze had given this cat many opportunities to own up to his mistakes. Elders were, in fact, not dead. In fact they played a pivotal role in the Clans, and if Sharpeye had squandered that, she was certain he would do the same given the chance at another life. There was an edge to Dewkit's voice as the young she-cat shook her head. "My answer is no; I do not think that you deserve the gift of a second chance."

[ @FrostyGalaxy @Rani @peppermintbubble. ]