ah ok i get it now thanks @Dipper i wont make the mistake again

"Sometimes kindness is enough."

Character Site (WIP) | Deviant Art | GIF pic can be found here
Old March 5th, 2019, 05:27 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

His wounds were still fresh when he arrived in the den, blood staining the white fur of his face. The trek from the Seastones had been draining, and Firehawk longed to collapse in the safety of the medicine cat den, but he was still recovering from the plague and had no intention of spreading it to his Clan-mates. This visit was solely for the clawmarks he received from Lionstorm and nothing more.

"Shiverpetal?" he called out. "Are you busy? My face isn't doing great right now." It was almost like his son attacked it.
@Dipper

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old March 7th, 2019, 07:07 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Shiverpetal's ears perked as Firehawk entered the den, a warrior he actually recognized from a past visit, but he didn't remember the blood being there before. "Oh hey, would you look at that - I see what you mean. That's not a good look on you," he commented, noting the caked, dried blood and how it clashed with his orange pelt. "Might wanna wash that off, huh? Then, I dunno, maybe we'll make you into a cobwebbed cat caricature if it's still bleeding."

Lazily, he bounced a mossball toward Firehawk, inviting him to it since he wasn't about to lick the bloodstains away and hoped he wouldn't either; every cat that'd received a wound knew consuming blood was a fast track to a stomach ache.

@BILL.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old March 17th, 2019, 08:26 PM
work is never done

"It's really not!" Firehawk agreed wholeheartedly. He collected the mossball and approached the pool of water near the entrance of the den to soak the fibers. Backing off, he vigorously used the dampened ball to clean most of the dried blood from his face.

Once he thought his pelt was adequately cleaned, he discarded the mossball outside. His face still stung, likely bleeding lightly from the removal of the dried blood, and he turned back to Shiverpetal. "What do you think?" he asked. "Is it worth being transformed into the cobwebbed cat... thing?"
@Dipper

Old March 17th, 2019, 08:34 PM
the stars are aligned

When the blood was cleared away and revealed the cuts, Shiverpetal's smile stilted because it was evident that he'd been attacked, an incident that he didn't need to question. Maybe Firehawk fought badgers in his spare time too but didn't have the grace to walk away unscathed.

"Nah,"
he dismissed, tail flicking, "you're lookin' like a work of art already, no cobwebs needed. If it keeps bleeding, that's when we have a problem." And would be reason to dip into the waning supply of cobwebs in the wake of a medicine cat's absence. "Would probably be more of an annoyance than beneficial. Think of it like this: easy on the eyes, just... not your eyes, because you might not be able to see if there are cobwebs everywhere on your face."

@BILL.

Old March 19th, 2019, 11:31 AM
work is never done

Firehawk dipped his head, swiping his tongue across his upper muzzle to clean away some of the fresh blood. "Alright, thank you, Shiverpetal." It was good to check, though he didn't think it would be too inconveniencing given he was stuck with the other sick cats. Still, it was better it went to cats with more severe wounds.

With a smile directed at the medicine cat, Firehawk headed out of the den, back on track to the Seastones.
@Dipper

Old April 6th, 2019, 09:42 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Croakerpaw stumbled into the den. His stomach rolled as he forced down another round of sick and he moaned quietly. "Shiverpetal?" he called weakly. "Shiverpetal, I-I need your help. Please..." As he glanced down, a drop of blood ran down his cheek and landed on the den floor. He squeezed his eyes shut and took another wavering step forward. @Dipper

Last edited by dino.; April 6th, 2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old April 6th, 2019, 11:44 PM
the stars are aligned

Shiverpetal stirred from sleep as he heard someone approaching, his ears flicking up and then laying back as a relaxed aura came over him. "Ho, boyo, now that's a doozy," Shiverpetal meowed with an eyebrow quirked as he examined the tear in Croakerpaw's ear, another gash on his nose. His own nose wrinkled at the gruesome, bloody sight. "Ya, better get that cleaned up..." At least before it ruined Croakerpaw's appearance more than it had, or it dripped onto the floor of the den. Although his treatment was clumsy as he still was learning the basics, Shiverpetal patted on a matting of cobwebs and marigold, fixing it until it engulfed the torn ear. As for the nose, well... he'd think of something. Maybe a small version of the cobweb tangle.

@Coriander

Old April 7th, 2019, 09:58 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
Shiverpetal stirred from sleep as he heard someone approaching, his ears flicking up and then laying back as a relaxed aura came over him. "Ho, boyo, now that's a doozy," Shiverpetal meowed with an eyebrow quirked as he examined the tear in Croakerpaw's ear, another gash on his nose. His own nose wrinkled at the gruesome, bloody sight. "Ya, better get that cleaned up..." At least before it ruined Croakerpaw's appearance more than it had, or it dripped onto the floor of the den. Although his treatment was clumsy as he still was learning the basics, Shiverpetal patted on a matting of cobwebs and marigold, fixing it until it engulfed the torn ear. As for the nose, well... he'd think of something. Maybe a small version of the cobweb tangle.

@Coriander

"Darn right it's a doozy," the small tom managed to croak out. He grimaced at the expression on the medicine cat's face as Shiverpetal looked over at him. He flinched as Shiverpetal touched the poultice to his wound, but relaxed as the sting faded quickly. The rolling storm in his stomach was beginning to subside, but Croakerpaw wasn't able to stop himself from shoving past Shiverpetal in order to vomit in one corner of the den. He glanced back at the medicine cat with an apologetic expression.
Old April 7th, 2019, 08:38 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriander View Post

"Darn right it's a doozy," the small tom managed to croak out. He grimaced at the expression on the medicine cat's face as Shiverpetal looked over at him. He flinched as Shiverpetal touched the poultice to his wound, but relaxed as the sting faded quickly. The rolling storm in his stomach was beginning to subside, but Croakerpaw wasn't able to stop himself from shoving past Shiverpetal in order to vomit in one corner of the den. He glanced back at the medicine cat with an apologetic expression.
Shiverpetal examined his work and was pleased with the result, thinking Croakerpaw didn't look half bad sporting cobwebs across his ear, the stringy substance laced in marigold. However, admiring it was abruptly ended when Croakerpaw's sickness became physical and very much evident in the corner of the den. Although he made a face, he wasn't discouraged and trotted over to bury it in dirt with his hindlegs, effectively masking it under a mound of earth. Shrugging it off, he meowed, "Looks good to me. You feeling better?"