Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Off-Topic (OOC) > Visual Arts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by SentimentalSquid
Today 02:18 PM
I've returned... to find a...
Last post by JackHunt_17
Today 02:14 PM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by elaif
Today 02:11 PM
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 02:09 PM
cloudheart 'n berrypaw...
Last post by JackHunt_17
Today 02:07 PM

Old February 27th, 2024, 01:24 PM
Fire in the Hole!!

Bump Policy: Unless I say otherwise, two days.
My Mood: Amused

Default Beneath The Waves, On the Shore... [A Goldfish Short Story]

WARNING: This passage contains the senstive topics of abuse, death, and depression. Discretion advised.

If you've seen her, you feel like you already know her.

Goldfish's strides are smooth and firm, as though not a single bit of doubt is in her heart and mind. That's her waves. Her waves are the joyful feelings that radiate from inside, that come from the outside. But beneath the waves, when they are sucked back into the ocean so quickly, is the inside.

Goldkit's black paws kneaded the moss in her nest, golden-colored eyes glinting and tongue swiping over her lips. "Goldi, enough of that." her mother, Cormorantcrash, purred, her voice thick with something she didn't understand. Mommy was always in her nest, so she didn't like it when Goldkit tried to fix the moss. "If you left the nest it wouldn't bother you! Then I could knead the moss better." she mewed cheerily, continuing to knead the moss. Mommy hadn't let anyone change her bedding 'cause it still smelled like Silverkit. She remembered Silverkit all too well. Goldfish was messing with the nest to try and remove the scent secretly- After all, if Silverkit had gone into the nest like she was told, she wouldn't be dead. "Goldkit, stop." This time, Cormorantcrash sounded angry. "I's sorry, Mommy." she mumbled, backing away. She had a tiny piece of moss still in her teeth though, and swallowed it. Any way she could remove her scent was a good way. It made Mommy too sad. "Go play with Spottedkit or something." her mother murmured, her black-and-silver, messy pelt quivering along her spine. "O-Okay."
Goldkit snuggled into her nest- she'd been out playing all day long, and boy she was tired. With Spottedkit snuggled up beside her, Goldkit could almost forget what had happened earlier. Cormorantcrash shifted suddenly- a lot. Her hind claws pushed at the edge of her nest. With a squeak the siblings tumbled out. "Hey!" her sister murmured sleepily beside her. Cormorantcrash grunted and turned away, facing the wall. "C'mon, Spottedkit. Let's go sleep in the empty nest."
Goldkit woke up the next morning shivering. Spottedkit was already gone, and it was just her curled up around herself. Goldkit sat up speedily, eyes bright with excitement to begin a new day. Oh, boy! It was snowing! She turned to see her mother, but Cormorantcrash was sitting up, to her surprise, and mumbling. "It's all their fault Silverkit didn't come in, they should've told her better than that, she would've listened then! My good little baby is dead and they could've stopped it." her voice rose to a hiss and she jerked her gaze over to Goldkit. Her mother's round golden eyes, like her own, but so different at that moment, blazed and their pupils were round. "YOU!" she shrieked, shaking and bristling. "Get out! Get out! I SAID get out! You murdered her! Get out!" Cormorantcrash was breathing heavily. Goldfish, crying and whimpering and trying not to shriek, tore outside and bowled her sister over into a laying down position, whimpering and burying her head into her paws. "Spottedkit, Mommy's gone mad! She-Sh-She wants to kill us, she wants us to die!" Her breathing was shaky, her voice was raspy from the heavy flow of tears, and she wanted no more than to curl up and die.
Just as her mother seemed to.
Goldkit swallowed heavily as she peered into the nursery. Another queen was comforting Cormorantcrash, but her mother was just snarling in response. In a split second, Mommy had stood up and lashed out at her, shouting, "They did it! I know they did it! Silverkit ALWAYS listened to Mommy! They killed my baby!" frightened, Goldkit backed away and bumped into a gray and darker gray kit that was a bit bigger than her. "S-sorry." she mumbled. He nodded quickly in response and Goldkit then took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and entered the nursery. She immediately regretted it when she realized two queens were holding her mother down, snapping at her and yelling, and Spottedkit was in the nest they'd shared earlier. They met eyes, wide with terror, and Goldkit raced over and tugged on her sister's paw. "C'mon, Spottedkit!" she gasped, pulling her to the other side of the nursery. The two sisters pressed together, and Goldkit wrapped her tail around Spottedkit's neck. "I'm scared." she whimpered softly. "I-I-I didn't know, I just wanted a nap I-" Goldkit looked up into Spottedkit's eyes grief-strickenly. "Yeah." she said in a forced purr, "Me too." as the pair pressed close, Goldkit closed her eyes. I will never be like my mother, she vowed, I will not strike terror into those around be. I will show them who I am, and I will be the one to cause the joy. I will protect this clan and the cats in it. Even if I die in the process.

Mah lil girl
Decided to mention because there's Spotted in it haha @Bean

Character Site [WIP]
Faithfern is the Current Leader of Darkclan. She has an open den policy.
||Signups And Resources||[/COLOR]

Luna is scribbling on this sig | Desert Rain Frog is hunting wendigos outside |Alastor rickrolls here | Raven has snuck into this sig | Fruity bat has stolen my fruit! | Sunnyheart is approaching... SHE BROUGHT BIRDBIRD-- | Rustleaf rants Abt Bristlefrost| Moondapple restocks the cookie safe | leopard.'s cat Moonfoot is lookin' angry | Crimson holds up two gay cats and lion king music plays |

Last edited by blxze.; March 11th, 2024 at 03:37 PM.