by paris
Last post by PoisonOrchid
Today 01:22 PM

Old December 24th, 2023, 05:16 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Twilight Falls

Redspring sprinted up next to her. She was really just letting this argument go? He sighed. “Fine.” He grumbled. “If it’ll make you happy, and get you to stop complaining about me being a horrible father or whatever, then I’ll visit. But don’t expect this to be a daily thing. You’re lucky I’m agreeing to come once. Especially with all this mousedung you pulled today.” The Tom said, calming down as walked next to her.

Old December 25th, 2023, 08:13 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

( @elaif )

It wasn't long after Creekchill finished that Stempaw showed up. Thank stars, because the warrior wasn't about to sit around getting bored waiting for him to finish. As the bouncy young cat claimed that he went easy on his mentor, Creekchill answered with a light-hearted yawn, as if to suggest the 'paw's claims did nothing to dampen his ego.

"Yeah, yeah, sure," he chuckled. "I beat you fair and square, kiddo. Maybe next time- but I won't ever make it easy on you." Scooping up the mushrooms he collected, he bounded back towards camp. He had a feeling Stempaw would attempt to race him back, and he was more than ready.

(I'll go ahead and report the patrol!)
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old January 1st, 2024, 07:12 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

(monkey's paw purrk: activated)

Midnightrain

Standing behind the wall of glistening, starlit water, the smoke blue and cream tortie stared at the strange marking on the wall, her breath coming out as visible puffs of snowy colored fog that wreathed around her.

It hurt.

It all hurt so bad.

Her heart was constantly breaking. It never stopped.

Paws stepped back, away from the mystical, mysterious markings on the cave walls, her heart pounding audibly.

The stone was slick and she slipped.

Falling, her head struck the stone and she was stunned.

Falling down.

Down.

Do- Splash!

Her body plunged into the icy water of the pond below, her long, thick fur quickly growing soaked and she sank like a rock, icy green eyes drearily staring up at the moon as it faded. As she faded.

She was so cold, she couldn't feel a thing. Closing her eyes, feeling her lungs burn but not having the strength to fight back, she wanted to scream. She wanted to fight.

But blackness dragged her in, and before she knew it she stared into the eyes of a handsome, scarred gray and white tabby.

They spoke, and while she couldn't recall what she said, what promises she made, she knew what the topic of the conversation was.

Do you want to live?

Yes, I do. I want to live. I'll do anything.

She didn't know what she would have to pay, but as energy rushed back into her body, she shoved off the frigid bottom and dragged herself upwards, tearing through the water frantically and somehow, miraculously, breaking through the surface.

And the moment she dragged herself up onto the bank and collapsed on dry (ish) land, she felt strength like she didn't know before. But also a... a new feeling. A prominent hunger she didn't understand. But that wasn't important. She was alive. She was alive and she wasn't sure she was supposed to be. But she was.

Standing on the shoreline, dappled cream and blue smoke fur soaked to a very dark gray, shivering like mad and with a splitting headache, it was all she could do to stand. But Midnightrain wasn't going to die here.

Probably.

[open]

Last edited by poppy; January 1st, 2024 at 07:12 PM.
Old January 1st, 2024, 09:34 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
(monkey's paw purrk: activated)

Midnightrain

Standing behind the wall of glistening, starlit water, the smoke blue and cream tortie stared at the strange marking on the wall, her breath coming out as visible puffs of snowy colored fog that wreathed around her.

It hurt.

It all hurt so bad.

Her heart was constantly breaking. It never stopped.

Paws stepped back, away from the mystical, mysterious markings on the cave walls, her heart pounding audibly.

The stone was slick and she slipped.

Falling, her head struck the stone and she was stunned.

Falling down.

Down.

Do- Splash!

Her body plunged into the icy water of the pond below, her long, thick fur quickly growing soaked and she sank like a rock, icy green eyes drearily staring up at the moon as it faded. As she faded.

She was so cold, she couldn't feel a thing. Closing her eyes, feeling her lungs burn but not having the strength to fight back, she wanted to scream. She wanted to fight.

But blackness dragged her in, and before she knew it she stared into the eyes of a handsome, scarred gray and white tabby.

They spoke, and while she couldn't recall what she said, what promises she made, she knew what the topic of the conversation was.

Do you want to live?

Yes, I do. I want to live. I'll do anything.

She didn't know what she would have to pay, but as energy rushed back into her body, she shoved off the frigid bottom and dragged herself upwards, tearing through the water frantically and somehow, miraculously, breaking through the surface.

And the moment she dragged herself up onto the bank and collapsed on dry (ish) land, she felt strength like she didn't know before. But also a... a new feeling. A prominent hunger she didn't understand. But that wasn't important. She was alive. She was alive and she wasn't sure she was supposed to be. But she was.

Standing on the shoreline, dappled cream and blue smoke fur soaked to a very dark gray, shivering like mad and with a splitting headache, it was all she could do to stand. But Midnightrain wasn't going to die here.

Probably.

[open]

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 43 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Getting back to normal was.... trying, so far and had prompted a new habit out of Crowtooth even he didnt understand.

Walks out on the territory.

It wasnt to say he'd never done so before but it usually had a purpose, hunting or patrolling or training or something but today he was just.... Walking. Mindlessly and idly. If the tom had to put any excuse to the action he'd say he was working on his endurance and breathing, as he was taking deep slow breaths and extending his usual limits while walking. But really it was more of a side effect.

The tom didnt even seem to realize he was at the falls until the sound of the water perked his ears, eyes refocusing.

To see Mightnightrain soaking wet and not looking the best.

With a muttered curse the tom jogged up calling out to the molly when he was close enough "Mightnightrain right? You ok? Stars I can' imagine swimmin' 'n this weather, did ya fall 'n or somethin'? We'll getcha warmed up 'n a jiffy regardless."

Disregarding usual standards of personal space the large tom pressed himself close, allowing his body heat to soak into the other warrior despite the fact that his side was now dampened. Getting Midnightrain dry was first order now and the warrior rasped a tongue across her pelt to shed off some water, trying to support her if he could.

Still, he couldnt help but wonder, and rasp quietly "What even happened?"
Old January 1st, 2024, 11:04 PM
Bite, maim, kill...♛

Bump Policy: ✰72hrs
My Mood: Dark

╭────- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶ϟ Stempawϟ˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -────╮
(10/100)
Ah! What a lovely day for a run! There was nothing in the world better than this!
Paws thrumming across the grass, the little tom continued his canter. Did he know where he was going? Hell no! Did he care? Again.... NO! He'd be fine! He could smell his way back home, so right now... He just wanted the wind in his fur! No worries, no duties... Just him and the open plains... Now this was awesome!

As the apprentice zipped his way across the the ground, something managed to catch his green eyes. A couple of cats were just hanging around... Well one of them was, the other... didn't look too swell. Eyes lighting with curiosity, Stempaw immediately changed directions and bolted towards the group. Hmm, what was happening over here? An attack? Perhaps a BADGER attack! Oh wait, that couldn't be possible. There wasn't any blood, nor did it smell like a badger attack. If it wasn't that, then what was it? Multiple possibilities filled his mind, but he decided the best way to get answers was to ask!

" Yooo! Wassup you two? Everything all right? " skidding to a halt, Stempaw glanced at Midnightrain's pelt. Uh oh! It looked like someone had a nasty swim! Sticking his head forward to observe the water logged cat, the apprentice sniffed in concern " Oooooooh.... You don't look too good amigo! Did you try to take a bath or something? " trotting around the soggy cat he looked to Crowtooth. " Aye... We should get her back to camp! Something tells me she's not feeling to hot." pointing out the obvious, he tilted his head at the older cat. He was sure Crowtooth would know what to do... So he just had to wait for his further instructions.

| Mentions: @Rani @poppy |

╰────- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶ϟ༒ϟ˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -────╯

"All aboard the octrain!"
----ϟ----
Characters

Kat, Vampire, Darl... These are my prisoners... They will never escape...
Old January 2nd, 2024, 08:05 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Midnightrain
she/her | windclan warrior

She wasn't sure how long she was sitting there for. Dark rimmed eyes dragged upward as a sudden appearance startled her. Teeth were bared and ivory claws slid out as she stared at a dark figure emerging from the distance. Only relaxing once her wild eyes recognized Crowtooth. She didn't know him well, but better than whatever she had expected to come out of the shadows at her.

"Wasn't swimming." She mumbled softly but with the aggression leaving her body quickly, only allowing him to press himself against her when she realized that her chances of staying healthy were higher if her personal bubble was kicked to the curb for the moment. "Thanks." Her head throbbed but she decided to aide him in trying to dry off her pelt, still feeling a bit uncomfortable at the touch but she wasn't stupid- she knew it was necessary.

At his inevitable query, she sighed softly. "I went in the cave. Behind the waterfall." She patted her head, momentarily wondering if she was bleeding but was relieved to see that she wasn't- as far as she knew. "I... I was a bit stuck in my thoughts and I fell and hit my head. Then fell some more." Flicking her tail at the pond behind them, she shivered slightly and unconsciously sinking against him a bit more, craving his warmth. "It took me a little while to get out." The drenched tortie looked up sharply, fur bristling as she heard someone else coming.

Personally, she was more leaning towards wishing it was a bloodthirsy fox than an energetic child, but the stars clearly weren't on her side today. Her luck had run out. "I fell." She repeated in a soft mumbled, wrapping her soaked tail against her side to try to do something about the shivering, and entirely unamused by the whole situation. "I'm alright though." She forced out, although her violent shivering would probably contradict her rather successfully, it was worth a shot. Especially when Stempaw spoke again- she twitched an ear but said nothing. No, she wasn't feeling too hot. She was feeling too cold. Cold. Cold. Cold.

Licking her paws aggressively to try to dry them since she felt like they were about to either fall off or go numb, she clenched her teeth to ensure that they didn't chatter- much. She stayed silent when Stempaw spoke about wanting to get her to camp; she wasn't against that, it was a long trek for her tightening muscles and trembling limbs but she would survive, but if anyone tried to take her anywhere near the medicine cats or their den, she'd put up a fight then. Midnightrain didn't know what the hell was going on with the healers, but she wasn't about to become to newest addition to the pile of bodies. No way in hell was she going to let her life end that way.

Although considering how her life had almost ended a little while ago, perhaps she shouldn't be so picky.

[ @Rani @elaif ]
Old January 2nd, 2024, 10:49 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 43 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Ok so it was probably totally inappropriate but Crowtooths first thought and words were back were "There'sa cave behind there?!" the toms head whipping around to look at the falls even as he rasped. Listen in his defense the was the cave and tunnel man himself and he genuinely didnt know. This area was new, only added just before he came back to the clan, so he didnt know it as he knew the old territory. Plus there was water and the tom avoided water thank you, this place was sparing in his rounds. So discovering there was a cave he really couldnt help himself. " 's 't a dead end or does 't continue? Regardless, I suppose the accidental dip 's understandable an' we should be thankin' our lucky stars yer alive at all. Small blessin's for the cold yer feelin' at least."

Stempaws addition drew a nod, if a muttered "Yer escapin' a scoldin' an' reportin' fer bein' outta the camp alone just this time." Before the tom turned and rasped louder. "Camp 's a good idea. We can stick ya 'n the warriors den, some dry moss, shelter, an' how warm that place always 's wit' all the cats nappin' will do ya good. Hey, unless ya start coughin' ya probably don' need any more treatment." To Crowtooth, who was unafraid of the medicine cats den after the recent mess (ironic, given his throat issued had, prior to his memory loss, caused him to fear the den) it was just a light joke, but to Mightnightrain it might be relief.

Standing and positioning himself to continue to be pressed to the other warriors side, to support her weight, Crowtooth instructed Stempaw to "Flank 'er other side, support 'er weight from there. 'f we walk side by side we can buffer Midnightsun from the wind, 't should keep 'er from catchin' a chill." Hopefully.

To the warrior now he rasped an offer. " 'f yer feelin' any weak on the way back just shout. 've carried Twilightstar clear across the territory" (once and it nearly killed him) "so 'ts no problem fer me ta badger ride ya back. Bit embaressin' though." The admittance drew a sheepish rasped chuckle but it mattered little in the circumstance of helping a clanmate.

@elaif @poppy

Last edited by Rani; January 2nd, 2024 at 10:50 PM.
Old January 5th, 2024, 08:33 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Event [#event]

Once things had settled back down, Scorchedfang decided to push WindClan further. He had observed the variety of games they played - these so-called "events" and wanted to try his paw at one, with a sort of twist.

WindClan was used to the typical routines and arrangements. They were never asked to be hindered, to adapt, to be put in situations where they would be uncomfortable and have to relearn what they knew.

He wanted to be the one to challenge them, more than he had already. In a way.. that could be associated with him, and not RiverClan or Cowtuft.

The first thing he did was set up somewhat of an obstacle course. Nothing fancy, but he made sure cats needed to be in tune with their surroundings if they wished to succeed. Then..

Scorchedfang paused at the entrance of camp. His gaze swept over the clearing, unreadable. "Cats apprenticed aged and up, follow me! We're heading to Twilight Falls for a competition."

And then he was off, only giving cats a moment to gather themselves and follow. He stopped before they closed in on the waterfall, the thundering water a distant rumble. "Today, you are tasked with something most of you should be familiar with: hunting! But, it is not as simple as that.

"To participate, you must keep your eyes close and rely on your other senses.. Feel the vibrations beneath your paws, if you can tell them apart from the water striking the rocks. Taste the air. What can you smell? For those keen of hearing, even you may find it difficult to hear prey scurry near the falls.

"Once cats have done gathering, we will close the distance to the falls. When I say GO, your eyes should close and you can begun your hunt. The winner will be whoever catches the most before time runs out."

HOW IT WORKS!

I will be using a dice roller, and we will have 3 rounds to keep things short and sweet! Each round will be posted every 2 days, so get your posts in quickly.

If your cat's roll lands on EVEN, they find whatever they're tracking. Score!

If it lands on ODD, whoops! Either they missed it or ran into a dead-end. To make things more interesting, some obstacles have been planted around Twilight Falls in the form of sticks / larger branches, rocks, and holes. These will likely not hurt your cats, but may cause them to trip or scare off prey!

Cats who have the following: Ultimate Predator, Heighted Perception (for smell / hearing only), and/or are naturally blind/deaf get a SECOND roll per round! This gives them a slight advantage over other characters, as they have a chance of catching more prey! Please include if your cat has this in your starting post so I can make a note of it.

Participants will be getting an exclusive badge!

Last edited by BEAR.; January 5th, 2024 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old January 5th, 2024, 08:44 AM
Lost soul

Bump Policy: on hiatus again
My Mood: Queenly

.:|`Blizzardpelt`|:.

Blizzardpelt had heard Schoredfang about the event he offered. He had been sitting in the clearing, listening with his ears perked up. The event was quite interesting and he decided to pad over, deciding to test his hearing sense.

My OCs bios|Back from Hiatus
My pronouns are; She/Her/He/Him/They/Them/It. My timezone is GMT+8. I go to school from 8:30 to 3:45. Originally joined on August 6th, 2019. Please keep in mind that my characters have their beliefs and does not mean I always approve their behavior.
Old January 5th, 2024, 09:02 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Swiftfire-Warrior-She/Her
Purrk(s): Ultimate Predator

Swiftfire had heard news of the event, and a hunting event too! Now this was something she could get behind. As she followed Scorchedfang from the camp, she kept only a fox-length behind, loping along with a twitch of her whiskers.

Upon reaching the falls, Swiftfire listened intently to Scorchedfang, amused. This was similar to her first lesson with Hickorypaw; Using his ears and nose to find prey and its location. She flexed her claws, anticipation making her pelt spike up and bristle. She couldn't wait to get started.