Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan > ThunderClan Events

Notice
Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
*insert creative name...
by ollie
Last post by Lightningpaw666
Today 05:39 AM
Firefly Cove
by dino.
Today 05:26 AM
WindClan Galewood
by Ian
Today 04:44 AM

Old May 1st, 2024, 04:12 PM
He who dares, wins!

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Helping & Healing Paws [ Healing/Herb Lessons ]

Snakefang sighed, she'd have to get used to being covered in cobwebs anyway if she wanted to battle a lot. Besides, she could have a little bit of fun with it too.

"I’ll do it if you want." She declared, approaching Drizzlecloud, before flopping to the ground at the medicine cat’s feet, "Bleh!" She said after hitting the ground, then went perfectly still, except one of her eyes kept opening to have a look around to see the reactions to her performance. Yeah acting wasn’t really her strongest skill, despite what she’d like everyone to believe.

Duskleaf (RiverClan)

Snakefang (ThunderClan)
Old May 4th, 2024, 08:18 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

The first of her group to gather up was Woodpaw [ @Blazing ], which was nice to see. It was always a delight to know that apprentice’s were dedicated to learning new things, after all! Then came Snakefang [ @Seamrog ], with quite a dramatic performance to boot! Drizzlecloud lifted her head to the warrior, about to simply nod her head and thank the warrior for offering themselves up as a volunteer–before they collapsed in a heap of fur on the ground before her.

“Oh!” The blue-grey molly yipped in surprise, not expecting such dramatics… But it was appreciated nonetheless! With a grin and a good-natured chuckle, she lifted her tail to pat Snakefang’s shoulder gingerly. “Thank you for being such a committed volunteer!”

Unfortunately, those were the only two who had gathered up with her, so she shifted her gaze to the rest of her group, waving them over with her tail.

[ Wolfhive - @BEAR. , Venombone - @Zero_2001 , Dovesinge - @furrensic , Riversong - @Littlesun0112 , Beetail - @MaplestrikeWCUE . Just a reminder about this event for you lot! If your cat is not actively participating in the event during lessons, then they will not have been retained and learned effectively by your cats. Just a reminder :3

Next reply: May 6th.]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!

Last edited by Omari; May 4th, 2024 at 08:19 AM.
Old May 4th, 2024, 09:01 AM

Bump Policy: Bump me ASAP, or whenever :)

(whoopsies)

Riversong shuffled close by to Drizzlecloud. They’d accidentally zoned out for a bit but the sun had been so warm and soft. However, there were more important things to care about. With an alert expression, Riversong watched Drizzlecloud approach Snakefang. Whatever came next was going to be interesting…

-sign my sig below if you want-
Old May 4th, 2024, 12:14 PM
I was told that rats rule

Status: ★I'm a newbie! Hallo everyone★ Matching pfp's with CallMeCrimson!
Bump Policy: Wat is a bump policy?
My Mood: Confused

<VenomBone>

He quickly padded over.

(Yikers forgot bout this-)
Old May 4th, 2024, 11:39 PM

Bump Policy: After a week!
My Mood: Busy

Woodpaw

He smiled at the delight on Drizzlecloud's face when she saw him and Snakefang approach. The sudden drop of the warrior caught him off, and he'd take a step back. However, he still kept his gaze on the medicine cat and his eyes narrowed slightly when the others came slower. It's okay though; the lesson still continues on after all.
Old Yesterday, 06:18 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Unfortunately for Wolfhive, he was controlled by a dingus with a bad memory. To remedy this, his roleplayer decided he was distracted by the figure of Springlight, having noticed her nod his way. He immediately experienced a sense of relief, assuming her acknowledgement to be a confirmation he picked right.

He wasn't even sure why Drizzlecloud bothered coming when Springlight was clearly the busy-body of the two. Wolfhive had one experience with Drizzlecloud playing doctor and it'd gone badly, to say the least - compared to the several times Springlight had come to his call and gotten things done.

.. So when he heard the groups, he froze. His mind blanked momentarily. He didn't register the groups moving into position, everything was in slow-motion. A blur. Why her?? Why was Springlight not handling injuries? Stars dammit, he'd need to get a second opinion now to make sure anything she spewed out was accurate. ... Dammit, why?

He was doing his best to hide his despair, despite it all. Wolfhive had to maintain his composure as a Hornet regardless of how he felt, so he shook his head - trying to clear away the whirling thoughts and panic - and joined the forming group by Drizzlecloud. He glanced over at Springlight, hoping to meet her gaze even if just briefly. He wanted to talk to her later.

[ @Omari @iliri (optional if u want spring to notice) ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules

Last edited by BEAR.; Yesterday at 06:18 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Orangeblossom
| He/him | TC warrior | Moons: 17 | No purrks |

Orangeblossom smiled as he heard that he was going with Springlight! That was awesome, he really liked Springlight, she was very kind and maybe he found himself purposely tripping over his paws a bit more but she was just so busy that it was like the only way he could hang out with her and it wasn't like it was ever bad enough to use herbs for it. Just enough to have a quick chat and then a bonk on being more careful and then they are off going their separate ways until the next time. The warrior wonders if Springlight has noticed how often it was, he means, it wasn't like he was this clumsy before. Though he should probably not visit as much. It took away the den from other cats that actually needed it.

Regardless, the point was that he gets to hang out and learn while doing so. Herbs and there uses, that would be helpful for patrols like he thought earlier and maybe he could track down one of the folks from the other group to have them give him the rundown for the other teachings that Drizzle was giving. Then he got the best of both worlds! Yes that was smart. Orangeblossom then turned his attention to the medicine cat of his group, waiting for her to speak, giving her a grin.

Last edited by Dolomedes; Yesterday at 01:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

SPRINGLIGHT
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 20 moons
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
[ @Rani @Estelle @Dolomedes @Foxine @kittycatburmise @Highsnow of Matterhorn @BEAR. (just so spring noticed wolf glancing at her, no need to respond!) ]

Overhearing Drizzlecloud call out the groups made Springlight feel satisfied that she at least had a suitable audience to learn valuable information about herbs. There wasn’t a lot that she could go with, but whoever she had was enough for her to deal with, as long as she didn’t deal with any possible infractions or interruptions from her teaching them how to work with the herbs that she knew, then they wouldn’t be stuck in any sort of difficult scenario. With her lips upturning into a smile, the calico awaited for her group to gather around, taking note of Wolfhive glancing towards her after being assigned to be in Drizzlecloud’s group. Was he alright? Had he not wanted to be in her group? Learning how to tend to wounds would be relatively essential for his life in the future, but maybe he hadn’t wanted to be taught by Drizzlecloud. She wasn’t certain, and perhaps they would discuss the matter later after this was over. Exhaling through her nostrils, she focused back on her group as she began organizing the herbs she would be teaching first: marigold, cobwebs, and poppyseeds. Unfortunately, she didn’t carry any yellowbells, but she will explain it while explaining this batch of herbs.

“Hello… all of… you… I am… glad to.. be teaching… you about… herbal remedies… that will be… essential… towards your… survival… if me… or Drizzlecloud… are not… around at… any given… moment of time… to answer…. your question… Mudhound… I will… be starting… with safer herbs… first before… going into… anything poisonous… and how to… avoid them… firstly… I will… be teaching… you about… the purposes… of marigold… yellowbells… cobwebs… and poppyseeds… these four… will be… main herbs… that you… will need… in case… you are… stranded and… wounded… or if… neither… me or… Drizzlecloud… are around… to help… is that… clear?” Springlight peered her gaze along each of the cats, allowing it to stay from one cat to another as she briefly caught Orangeblossom stumbling over his paws to approach the group, having to resist the urge to snicker at his actions. The tom was quite literally a clutz, and it wasn’t like she was wrong in any given way. He just consistently tripped over himself often and didn’t seem to have any end for it. Would that explain why he always nearly ended up by the den so often?

Throwing the topic off her mind, the calico slowly pushed forward the wad of cobwebs, a single poppy flower, and a broom of marigold as she allowed her group to examine the herbs, gesturing a paw towards the pile as she began to speak. “Placed… right in… front of you… is marigold… cobwebs… and a poppy flower… they each… carry different… purposes… and are… mainly used… for patients… that are… going through… agonizing… pain… only use these… if you… are critically wounded… or if… you are… needing pain… to be… numbed.” Springlight gestured her paws over the herbs that she had shown her group, briefly allowing them to take in her information before continuing. “However… another herb… that would be… an asset… for you… to use… would be… called… yellow bells… yellow bells… essentially are… bushes of… bell-like… yellow flowers… stating it’s name… it’s used… for fighting… infection… in wounds… and are naturally… found all… year long… if it is… mixed with… marigold… it can… be prone… to clot out… bleeding… and hopefully… stop… any further… bloodloss… a tactic… that I… have been… practicing.”

Speaking of marigold, she may as well start off her lesson with that important herb, shall she? Clearing her throat, she gestured towards the thickened, orange flower for them to focus their attention on it as she began explaining. “This… is marigold… naturally found… by water-like areas… like rivers… or streams… it is… one of the… more widely-known herbs… and a… big go-to… herb… when you… are bleeding out… it’s used to… prevent infection… by adding it… to a… wound poultice… it can… also treat… infection as… well… but it’s more… plentiful to… find it… during newleaf to… leaffall so it… doesn’t hurt… to use it… to prevent… infection as… well… as easy as… it may be… to find… this herb… it becomes scarce… during leafbare… so it… would be… beneficial to… your survival… to stick… with yellowbells… if you… come across… the yellow-flowered… herb… in your travels.” She knew the information would be a lot for them to take in, but it would help them in the future if neither she nor Drizzlecloud were available to help them if needed.

“Next is… cobwebs… they are… the most common… tools that… you’ve probably seen… but there’s more… technique to them… than just… throwing them… on… if you are… trying to… stop bleeding… you would need… to refresh… the layers… of cobwebs… as they… soak up… the blood…. when you’re applying… and removing… leave the bottom-most… layer… removing that layer… too soon will… break any newly… forming clots and…. thus reignite… the bleeding… they are common… under tree trunks… or anywhere… that’s dark… they are also… notable… in dewy mornings… and are… far more… easier to collect… make sure… to avoid… getting possible… spider bites… they can leave… a notable… bump for days… and may… grow irritated… so it’s better… to collect wads… of cobwebs… with any… nearby sticks... or twigs.” Spider bites weren’t anything that she dealt with before, and she’d rather not deal with them in the future. She didn’t know if there was anything poisonous with them, but she’d desperately hoped that wouldn’t be the case anytime soon. Poisonous spiders would be incredibly dangerous.

With both of those out of the way, now it was onto her final herb of the first lesson: poppyseeds. She would also show them the poppy flower as well so it could give them a bit of an idea of what it looked like, as they wouldn’t be able to just single-handedly collect the seeds themselves. Clearing her throat once more, the molly ushered the red-colored flower towards their direction for them to analyze as she began speaking. “This… is a poppy flower… known for… carrying… poppyseeds… within each flower… that you… collect… they are… abundant enough… and can be… found anywhere… where there is… sun throughout… all of… the seasons… like Firefly Cove… the seeds themselves… are stored within… the center of… the flower… at least… thirteen… tiny black seeds… are in… each flower head… the seeds eaten… will reduce pain… treat shock… and promote drowsiness… you should… only eat… two at a time… as more than… that… will be… lethal… and could… kill you… it’s also… best for… any pregnant… or nursing queens… to not… have any… as it could… cause… possible harm… to the… kits.” Springlight used a foreclaw to move one of the thickened petals to show them the interior structure of the flower, allowing them to analyze how many seeds there were within each flower. The more knowledge they learned, the better.

“Now… before I continue… do you have… any questions? I would… like for your… curiosity… to come out… before I continue… to the… next stage of… herbs… that I… will be… discussing with… you lot.” Even if they didn’t have any questions, it was better to ask anyway in case anyone was interested in learning more about the specific herb that she was showing them. It was only a few so far, but she knew that the curiosity would start forming later on as the lesson continued.

Next post will be: May 8th!

- May 5th; marigold, yellow bells, cobwebs, and poppyseeds
- May 8th; elder flower/leaves, chamomile, and sunfuzz/goldenrod
- May 11th; catmint, honey, burnet, sunset roses, and borage
- May 14th; comfrey, juniper berries, sorrel, sticks, and tree sap
- May 17th; burdock root, chickweed, celandine, and chervil
- May 20th; daisies, mushrooms(glowing ones will be excluded until the 29th), ragweed, spider egg sac, and feverfew
- May 23rd; oak leaves, parsley, lavender, rosemary, and lady's mantle
- May 26th; blessed thistle, coltsfoot, dock leaves, yarrow, and stinging nettle
- May 29th; foxglove seeds, water hemlock, glowing mushrooms, deathberries, and meadow saffron

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; Today at 04:12 AM.