by Artemis
Last post by Tallstar
Today 10:23 PM

Old February 19th, 2018, 07:58 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

@mompaws @2018 Okapi @AbsurdJinx @seasalt

"Don't care, Fennelheart. Now pay attention before I cuff your ear," Shinefang said to the warrior, frowning as he started to grow annoyed by how mouthy his former apprentice was being. "Some cats grow up but act like apprentices forever," he muttered.

He listened to Juniperpaw, caveat of washing one's paws after handling Yarrow, and nodded in agreement. "Yes, that's right Junebug. And speaking of washing your paws when you handle herbs, this probably goes without saying but wash them in moving water if you can. Like a stream or something. If you can't manage that, you can use a puddle, just don't be mousbrained and turn around and drink from the same puddle."

Shinefang looked at Owlwing and Pipitchirp, who seemed to be taking all of this information in silently. There were a thoughtful pair.

Shinefang cleared his throat, ready to move on. "Right then, so you've stopped your patient from bleeding to death. Congratulations! The worst part is over. But now you've got a cat who might be at risk for infection, which will still kill them, just a lot slower. So here are a couple of common herbs to try. Shinefang picked up two more items from his pile: a single, golden petal, and a dried leaf. "This right here is a marigold. If you happen to have these around, I think they're better for preventing infections. Oak leaves like this one, are all over the place here in Skyclan. I don't think they work as well by themselves as marigold, but they're still good, and certainly better than nothing. Now, if your patient is bleeding profusely, again, you need to stop the bleeding before you do anything else. But if you have a small cut or a thorn or some other injury that looks like it will stop bleeding, you can go ahead and apply either one of these. All you have to do is chew them into a poultice. Just clean blood and grit of the wound with your tongue, or have the other cat do it if they can, pop a piece of the plant in your mouth, chew it up until you've got yourself a nice paste, and smear it on the wound. Important thing here! If you use marigold, you have to wash out your mouth when you're done. Some marigold is toxic to swallow. Some isn't. It's weird. Just don't risk it. Also, don't let your patient lick it off themselves. You can chew up the petals, the leaves, or both. As for the oak leaves, they're a lot more user friendly. Chew them up, swear them on the wound, wash your mouth or don't. They're not toxic. They just don't taste good and they feel gritty in your mouth. In case you're having trouble figuring out if a leaf is an oak leaf, look under the tree you got it from. If there are acorns, its an oak...don't eat the acorns though. Those are toxic. I don't know why you would, but, you know...don't. Anyway! Like I said, here in Skyclan, we are just lousy with oak leaves. So..." Shinfang turned and grabbed a pile he had set aside and left them where each cat could grab one, "pair up and practice chewing up and applying your poultices. Can't have that cat you just saved die from an infection after all that, can you?" Shinefang waved his paw in a "go ahead" motion.

Last edited by Charmer; February 19th, 2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:56 PM
The Madness King

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

She became awful flushed as both his paw and tail touched. Her whole back straightened out and her mouth pursed thoughtfully and her eyebrows knit together and she retracted as he did. “Pfft- I couldn’t ever be as graceful as o try to make others believe” she mused “I’m almost as clumsy as a badger! I’m surprised I’m not called badgerchaser!” she said jokingly her nose scrunching up as she laughed just a little bit. She retracted her tail and and curled it around her paws trying her hardest not to freak out or lean into him and purr or anything of the sort. So she just cooled up like a snake and cocked her head back gently. “Sounds fun, I wouldn’t mind walking” she said beneath her breath getting to her paws and stretching out quickly before glancing around the camp and than through the tunnel she had just come through “I- I uh- it’s- my- w- we sh- he- y- you...” she said eyes widening at the fact he had given her a sweet kick right on the cheek. Her paws shuffled nervously and her tail linked up behind her. In the inside her heat was drumming and her fear was as consistent as the beating of a humming birds wings. “It’s- f- fuh- fine”

He looks away thinking madly on what to do now?! He can tell she was embarrassed by how she was speaking and truly he thought it was adorable! But he couldn’t just go in and kiss the girl that’s a slap waiting to happen. What to do?!... suddenly he gets a idea. Purring happily he begins to stand up “ okay! Than.. first mind coming with me to the warriors den no one is there and I ... well I wish to confess something.. important to you badgerchaser” He Says with a soft smile “ unless you wish for me to confess while we walk? “ he asks softly with a happy big ol smile and a soft purr along with soft, warm eyes only for her and her alone. “ ... please if you wish.. to hear me out... I don’t want others .. teasing us when I say it.” He Says blushing a bit
Old February 20th, 2018, 07:49 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Cherrypaw watched the kit, wondering if their conversation had concluded there. But the longer Eveningkit had stayed silent, the more concerned the apprentice got. The younger cat had been very talkative from the start. They still hardly knew each other, but the silence coming from Eveningkit seemed uncharacteristic. "Are you okay there?" Cherrypaw tilted her head and leaned down to meet the smaller cat's height, trying to make it apparent that she was concerned. Oops, had a said something wrong? the apprentice thought to herself.
Eveningkit shook her head carefully,” Yeah. Sorry.” She lied I’m not going to be admiting my fears to an apprentice I barely know. She maybe would try with Shinefang, but not some random apprentice. She was sane after-all.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old February 20th, 2018, 02:17 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFVY View Post
The Orange and white tabby kit pounced on her dad and laughed her head was held high she playfully pawed embershade ear and batted his head a few times
" hahaha! Cardinalkit wins " she meowed happily then leaped off of the tom her tail in the air smiling wide . She giggled a few times and pounced on his tail " I think I can take on a real intruder it doesn't seem so hard . It looks as easy as easy as swallowing a minnow " she meowed then rolled over now laying on her side. She can be quite hyper at times .
Embershade opened one eye and chuckled as Cardinalkit boasted about how easy it was to beat him, just wait until you're an apprentice, he thought, smiling,"Well, it'll get harder as you get older," Embershade mewed simply.
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old February 20th, 2018, 03:37 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
Embershade opened one eye and chuckled as Cardinalkit boasted about how easy it was to beat him, just wait until you're an apprentice, he thought, smiling,"Well, it'll get harder as you get older," Embershade mewed simply.
She got up to her paws and shook her fur blinking a few times with a tilt of her head " as in battles and stuff? " she asked her whiskers twitching at the thought of battle she imagined herself being in a center of a clearing a cat of a enemy clan charging towards her but the enemy cat was defeated in an blink of an eye she was standing on top of its body head held high a wide smile on her face. In reality she was smiling just as wide her tail flicking a few times she hadn't realized that her eyes were closed at the very thought .

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old February 20th, 2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
She got up to her paws and shook her fur blinking a few times with a tilt of her head " as in battles and stuff? " she asked her whiskers twitching at the thought of battle she imagined herself being in a center of a clearing a cat of a enemy clan charging towards her but the enemy cat was defeated in an blink of an eye she was standing on top of its body head held high a wide smile on her face. In reality she was smiling just as wide her tail flicking a few times she hadn't realized that her eyes were closed at the very thought .
Embershade purred half-heartedly. Cardinalkit wouldnt know what she was in for when her first battle starts, he knew. He was sad that she would have tolerance the hard way, but he knew that if he tried to explain to her the risks of fighting she either wouldn't understand or wouldn't take him seriously.

Embershade glanced back at his daughter. Her eyes were closed and a big smile was on her face. Her orange fur looked golden in the sunlight and her white fur shimmered like the fish in the river.

After admiring his adoptive daughter he nodded briskly,"Yes I mean fighting your battles," then he murmured,"You have no idea of the risks... You could get badly hurt,or even die..." As he murmured this under his breath, he averted his gaze, not wanting her to see the pain that flashed in his eyes for a second at the thought of losing her.

When he was sure it was gone he looked back at Cardinalkit, smiling. He tried to make the smiled look as whole-hearted as possible, but he wasn't sure how believable it was. All he could do was hope.
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old February 20th, 2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Embershade purred half-heartedly. Cardinalkit wouldnt know what she was in for when her first battle starts, he knew. He was sad that she would have tolerance the hard way, but he knew that if he tried to explain to her the risks of fighting she either wouldn't understand or wouldn't take him seriously.

Embershade glanced back at his daughter. Her eyes were closed and a big smile was on her face. Her orange fur looked golden in the sunlight and her white fur shimmered like the fish in the river.

After admiring his adoptive daughter he nodded briskly,"Yes I mean fighting your battles," then he murmured,"You have no idea of the risks... You could get badly hurt,or even die..." As he murmured this under his breath, he averted his gaze, not wanting her to see the pain that flashed in his eyes for a second at the thought of losing her.

When he was sure it was gone he looked back at Cardinalkit, smiling. He tried to make the smiled look as whole-hearted as possible, but he wasn't sure how believable it was. All he could do was hope.

She opened her eyes once she heard her dad speak she flicked her right ear and raised an eyebrow I still don't think it's that hard but still I should atleast take his word on it she was wanting to say that it still doesn't sound hard to her dad but she didn't " ok dad but If it would make you feel any better I will be careful if a battle comes . They'll have to watch out for me though they won't know what hit them! I would attack left and right repeatedly maybe do some more advanced moves like I see the apprentices and warriors do " she meowed then she realized she was getting carried away and flicked her tail you furr ball! You got to carried away

Last edited by Leucos; February 20th, 2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old February 20th, 2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
She opened her eyes once she heard her dad speak she flicked her right ear and raised an eyebrow I still don't think it's that hard but still I should atleast take his word on it she was wanting to say that it still doesn't sound hard to her dad but she didn't " ok dad but If it would make you feel any better I will be careful if a battle comes . They'll have to watch out for me though they won't know what hit them! I would attack left and right repeatedly maybe do some more advanced moves like I see the apprentices and warriors do " she meowed then she realized she was getting carried away and flicked her tail you furr ball! You got to carried away
Embershade's smile became a little brighter as Cardinalkit explained what she would do,"I know you'll do you best. And I also know that your best will be THE best," he purred, hoping the kit had really taken what he said into consideration.
Old February 20th, 2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Embershade's smile became a little brighter as Cardinalkit explained what she would do,"I know you'll do you best. And I also know that your best will be THE best," he purred, hoping the kit had really taken what he said into consideration.
Cardinalkit had another wide smile followed by a purr of her own her brown eyes shined a bit and her tail swished happily . She looked up at the sky and watched clouds roll on by at night they would be covered in millions of stars lighting up the black sky . She hoped she would be as bright as a star one day her light burning for everyone else to see she closed her eyes and sighed now looked back at her dad " thanks dad " she meowed she blinked again with a giggle " have you ever been in battle before ? " she asked " I bet you looked awesome ! " she shouted with a jump now landing back on her little feet

Last edited by Leucos; February 20th, 2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old February 20th, 2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Cardinalkit had another wide smile followed by a purr of her own her brown eyes shined a bit and her tail swished happily . She looked up at the sky and watched clouds roll on by at night they would be covered in millions of stars lighting up the black sky . She hoped she would be as bright as a star one day her light burning for everyone else to see she closed her eyes and sighed now looked back at her dad " thanks dad " she meowed she blinked again with a giggle " have you ever been in battle before ? " she asked " I bet you looked awesome ! " she shouted with a jump now landing back on her little feet
Embershade lay on his side and stretched out, soaking in the sun,"Well, yes, I've been in battles," he replied, avoiding what she said about looking awesome. Embershade looked at Cardinalkit with obvious love and affection.