by Mica
Last post by taillow
Today 12:35 AM

Old September 28th, 2020, 02:16 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

ShadowClan ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

A big cave built into the stone walls located near the nursery. The floors are cool and sandy with two smaller caves, one for isolated patients and the other for storing herbs in the cracks in the walls.

Last edited by Ian; August 13th, 2023 at 07:08 PM.
Old September 29th, 2020, 04:42 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

[ @gs29513 @Bramblefire01 -thought I would skip to here!]

Irisflame entered the den with a thoughtful look on her face, eyes wandering to the freshly carved divots in the cold dirt of the den. Ebonyfang had been hard at work. She fought to keep herself busy, knowing that an idle mind only made her more likely to get distracted by her hurt. The young 'paw's voice echoed eerily in her head. What was it that he'd asked? 'What will happen to me'? The words chilled her to the bone, even from such an innocent question. She had felt the same way, once. Questioning of her future. The fear he was likely experiencing in this very moment reduced her to goo. She could never stand by in the face of such sad, uncertain eyes.

"Welcome to my humble abode." She explained simply, polishing the remnants of concern from her mew, "Get used to the smell, kid. You'll be in here for a while." She motioned for his mentor to let him down into one of the debt-nests with a flick of her plumed tail. Despite the occasion, excitement shuddered down her spine. This was her first patient in the midst of a brand-new den. Her first patient.

"How much pain are you in?"

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old September 29th, 2020, 05:47 AM
Halfway done w/ school

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Lily View Post

[ @gs29513 @Bramblefire01 -thought I would skip to here!]

Irisflame entered the den with a thoughtful look on her face, eyes wandering to the freshly carved divots in the cold dirt of the den. Ebonyfang had been hard at work. She fought to keep herself busy, knowing that an idle mind only made her more likely to get distracted by her hurt. The young 'paw's voice echoed eerily in her head. What was it that he'd asked? 'What will happen to me'? The words chilled her to the bone, even from such an innocent question. She had felt the same way, once. Questioning of her future. The fear he was likely experiencing in this very moment reduced her to goo. She could never stand by in the face of such sad, uncertain eyes.

"Welcome to my humble abode." She explained simply, polishing the remnants of concern from her mew, "Get used to the smell, kid. You'll be in here for a while." She motioned for his mentor to let him down into one of the debt-nests with a flick of her plumed tail. Despite the occasion, excitement shuddered down her spine. This was her first patient in the midst of a brand-new den. Her first patient.

"How much pain are you in?"
"My head hurts, and my top half is sore, but I feel nothing from here down". Blizzardpaw said pointing to about a little past his neck.
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw |
~~~~

Old September 29th, 2020, 06:22 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Sinking to her knees, Doeflame let Blizzardpaw off, hoping he could get himself off safely. Once he was off, she stood up again, and turned to Irisflame. Is.......there anything else I can do? she asked, looking at Blizzardpaw sadly. It was her fault. All her fault. She was probably better staying away from apprentices. Focusing on her own, and being a warrior. Because apprentices and her...........it just didn't seem to work out. @Moon Lily @Bramblefire01
Old September 29th, 2020, 12:00 PM
Halfway done w/ school

Blizzardpaw looked at the hopeless looking warrior, feeling sorry for her. She couldn't have avoided this, it wasn't her fault. Well, it was, but he didn't really think of it that way. He tried to put his tail on her shoulder to comfort her, but couldn't move his tail. Instead, he dragged himself around to face her, and lightly licked her shoulder.
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
~~~~

Old October 1st, 2020, 05:41 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

[ @Bramblefire01 @gs29513 ]

Irisflame sneezed as she squinted at the herbs in the dim lighting, her eyes still adjusting to the shadows projected around the cave. A sigh escaped her maw. At this rate, she'd be blind in under a moon. Fox-dung. No poppy seeds? You have got to be kidding me. It seemed that Mister-insert-nickname-here would be in severe pain for a little while longer. As the apprentice's crumbling voice rose from the nest cavity, she spun around in interest. She really should tone down the sparkle in her eyes- it was just insensitive. Mollifying her interest to a plain display of observancy, she set to work.

"Past your neck...alright, kiddo, could you do a favour for me? I need you to just move your front legs. Simple." She instructed, waving a front paw to demonstrate. A lump became lodged in her throat. If he couldn't move this front...things would become a whole lot worse. As she waited for a sign of movement, she whipped her head around to face the harried, despaired mentor. Poor dear. Sympathy flared in her eyes for a heartbeat, soon flickering out. "It would be great if you could get some poppy seeds. And...uh, you don't have to worry. He'll be alright." The medicine cat tried to plaster a convincing smile into her features, which ended up looking more like a grin you would find in a slightly craze physcopath. Grins had never been her forte.

[ @ChillCat ]

Irisflame let out an airy sigh, her blue-grey form slumping against the cold stone wall. Despite only having seen a few patients today...she felt breathless. She had every right to be. If you really thought about it, too much had happened in the past week. She could lay out a cheery list for you in a matter of seconds of you wanted one. Ocean gaze revealing itself, she inhaled hungrily. Just one more duty to attend.
She hobbled carefully to stand beside the nest where the dog-attack victim lay, the cat who had brought in the rogue. The cat who had miraculously survived. A smile twitched at the sides of her jaw. She was a curious one.

"Hey, Princess. Just need to change that gauze of yours." She murmured, her mew soft. The calico hadn't seemed like the loudest cat in the room, a trait she was quite happy with. At least she wasn't one of those...kooky, bizarre types. But she might be. The medicine cat didn't know this cat very well at all, so she could hardly assume things about her. All she knew was that she liked the warrior's attitude and quiet volume. And that was enough for her.

Old October 1st, 2020, 05:51 AM
Halfway done w/ school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Lily View Post

[ @Bramblefire01 @gs29513 ]

Irisflame sneezed as she squinted at the herbs in the dim lighting, her eyes still adjusting to the shadows projected around the cave. A sigh escaped her maw. At this rate, she'd be blind in under a moon. Fox-dung. No poppy seeds? You have got to be kidding me. It seemed that Mister-insert-nickname-here would be in severe pain for a little while longer. As the apprentice's crumbling voice rose from the nest cavity, she spun around in interest. She really should tone down the sparkle in her eyes- it was just insensitive. Mollifying her interest to a plain display of observancy, she set to work.

"Past your neck...alright, kiddo, could you do a favour for me? I need you to just move your front legs. Simple." She instructed, waving a front paw to demonstrate. A lump became lodged in her throat. If he couldn't move this front...things would become a whole lot worse. As she waited for a sign of movement, she whipped her head around to face the harried, despaired mentor. Poor dear. Sympathy flared in her eyes for a heartbeat, soon flickering out. "It would be great if you could get some poppy seeds. And...uh, you don't have to worry. He'll be alright." The medicine cat tried to plaster a convincing smile into her features, which ended up looking more like a grin you would find in a slightly craze physcopath. Grins had never been her forte.
Blizzardpaw moved his front paws.
~~~~
~~~~
~~~~

Old October 1st, 2020, 06:52 AM
oyasumi

My Mood: Crazy

@Moon Lily

Scorchstrike lifted her head to notice Irisflame. "Hi. How's it going," was her weak attempt at humor.
Ravenblaze||Dragcave Ask to trade with me!

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.
Old October 1st, 2020, 09:23 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

He was trying to make her feel better. Somehow, that only made things worse for Doeflame. He was the one who probably, likely would never walk again, and he was trying to comfort HER? It was wrong, and she hated it, but at the same time, appreciated it. When Irisflame told her to get poppy seed, she was glad of the distraction, the chance to break away from what was happening.

Of course, now she had to FIND the poppy seed. Moving towards the herbs, she gazed at all of them. So many kinds! But it seemed like only one seed. Tiny, little black things. How was she supposed to carry them? They were tiny! Dabbing her paw at them experimentally, and feeling a bit like a kit as she did so, she was pleased to see one or two black specks sticking to her fawn fur. So that was how you got them. Hobbling carefully on three legs over to Irisflame, after a quick check to make sure they were still there, she mewed I've got two. I think. Really, she wasn't sure how many were on her paw. She supposed she would find out soon enough. @Moon Lily @Bramblefir01
Old October 5th, 2020, 11:23 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

[ @SpookyScarySkeletons @gs29513 - Irisflame doesn’t have poppy seeds in her herb stock at the moment, she was suggesting that Doe go out and collect them <33]

Irisflame let out a breath she hadn’t realised she’d been holding, relief visible in her blue orbs. He can move his from legs. Great. At least the situation wouldn’t become further escalated, which had worried her considerably. Now, all he needed was poppy seeds… And a small chat. She wasn’t sure how well both the apprentice and his mentor would take the news, considering the destroyed look in the she-cat’s eyes. Her attempt at a grin flattened into a more neutral expression. She couldn’t fake happiness. This would be a challenge, and not even her forced contentment would not conceal that.

The white-flecked molly seemed grateful for the chore, even though it required her leaving the den. A confused expression crossed the blue she’s face as she watched the warrior search the herb stock instead. Of course. Of course the patients expect us to have everything. An amused snort escaped her maw as the she-cat retrieved two small black stones and handed them to her. Taking the small things reluctantly, she rolled them in her paw for a heartbeat before meeting the cat’s eyes. Thank Starclan she was amused instead of explosive. Struggling to keep her eyes sincere, she grinned, gesturing to the supposed seeds.
“Uh…I don’t actually have poppy seeds in my den right now. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk. You look like you need a distraction.” She explained, her mew dripping with sympathy. She really should stop sounding like an inconsiderate, annoying sap. “It’s hard to tell the difference. We cleared a bunch of these little buggers out the other day- they really do look like poppy seeds. And now that we have out magic plants in here, they smell like ‘em. So, ya know…I understand.”

[ @ChillCat ]

Irisflame allowed a smile to light up her features, something she had not properly felt in a long time. The patient was good natured, and not asking to be laughed at like the others. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad sharing her den for a while. Dropping her small collection of herbs by the warrior’s mossy nest, she sat back on her haunches to administer the treatment. Or, well, change the gauze. Geez. The whole ‘formal fancy medicine cat terms’ thing is rubbing off on me. She was even thinking like a herb-spitting weirdo. Which, to be fair, she was. Extending her claws to rip away the cobwebs, she dropped them beside her carefully. She wanted to see if she could recycle them. Her herb-gathering trips were going to be long and painful, so she wanted to make sure cobwebs weren’t another necessity.
“Mm…I’m good, I guess. Tired. Kinda annoyed. You?” She inquired, pricking her ears. She wanted to make sure the molly was at least relatively comfortable and content. It already sucked to be stuck in a cramped, smelly den- the medicine cat didn’t want it to be worse than it had to be. Shoving marigold into her jaws, she munched the tangy flower into a thick paste. She would never get used to the stinging aftertaste it left in her mouth. Dividing the poultice between the warrior’s wounds, she licked it in carefully and stamped on a thin layer of cobwebs- the top layer of the ones from last time, they didn’t have any poultice or fluids on them- and leaned over to retrieve more from the herb stock. Finishing up, she collapsed into her own nest, which lay across from the she-cat’s.

“I keep referring to you as ‘molly’ or ‘she-cat’ or ‘you’. I don’t think I caught your name, boo.”

Last edited by Moon Lily; October 5th, 2020 at 11:23 PM.