by Aolani
Last post by Myling
Today 05:16 AM

Old September 18th, 2017, 07:54 AM
a lonely nobody

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
(Ah sorry, I thought I had responded to this x.x Must've gone to and then gotten distracted!)

"Good," Palekit squeaked happily, tail twirling in the air behind her. The mud she had fallen into was beginning to dry in her fur, which was extremely fluffy due to her young age. Uncomfortable with how the mud stuck to her fur, she sat and used her back paw to try and scratch it off her side, succeeding more than she had done when trying to shake it off. When she took note of the other kit looking around, she remembered that she was supposed to be searching for moss and hopped back onto her paws, head swinging back and forth as she hurriedly scanned the areas nearest to her.

When Mulberrykit turned towards her, Palekit tilted her head curiously. What was that odd look in the other she-kit's eyes? Oh! She was having trouble finding moss as well. The fluffy kit nodded her agreement, an earnest "Yeah!" coming from her. She didn't see where the young feline was taking this, so when Mulberry darted off a surprised squeak left her before she followed suit. "Hey," she shouted indignantly, running right under the paws of warriors that had been in her way. She heard their surprised meows and called back a sheepish apology before she made it into the nursery behind Mulberrykit. The dash had taken a lot of the tiny kit's energy so she stayed still for a moment, catching her breath. Then, she looked around them at their surroundings, completely oblivious to the disdainful looks the Riverclan queens were shooting her way- no doubt turning their noses up at the bit of mud still splayed down her other side. "You were right," she exclaimed to her friend. "There is a lot of moss in here." Her head tilted as she thought. "I guess this means you won, huh?"
Mulberrykit barreled into the nursery full steam, so full of energy she found it hard to stop. She tried to plant her paws, to slow her momentum, but instead tripped over herself and rolled right into a queen's nest. Oops, She though for a second, but then turned her attention to trying to get back up on her paws. She was lying upside down, her belly tilted outward and her back paws splayed over the nest. Reacting quickly rather than logically, the kit squirmed, throwing her legs off of the nest. They landed with a soft thud, but then she got up and turned to look back at Palekit. Her eyebrows furrowed together when her friend claimed she'd won. No; all I did was crash into it. I haven't technically got it yet. So that's what she said.

"What? No; I haven't picked any up or made a ball yet, which means you can still win!" Mulberrykit's eyes now shone with friendliness. She was extremely competitive, yes, but not at the expense of a friend or, in this case, being called a cheater. She wanted to win fair and square, or sulk about it fair and square. Palekit didn't even get a chance! She deserves one, so I'm gonna give her one! "Let's see... since we've both already found plenty of moss, let's see who can make a mossball the fastest!" Hoping no one noticed, the kit ran over to the nearest nest and, using her tiny claws, managed to get a chunk off the nest and into her mouth. This'll do! She ran back over, separated the bundle into two pieces, and gave one to Palekit. "When I say go, try and make a mossball as fast as you can!" She crouched down, ready for the competition and hoping her friend was too."Ready? Set? Go!"

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!
Old September 18th, 2017, 10:46 AM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Your Post
Stagkit huffed angrily at the beetle scuttling away, pawing at it a bit more but it kept slipping between his paws. He didn't pursue it any further once it was out of reach from where he now lay. With another huff, he stuck his nose between his paws and moved his jaws in ways like he was speaking but no sound came from his throat. It made him angry, not being able to speak, it made things so difficult for him but he had to deal with it.
He hadn't noticed the she-kit until he spoke, but he barely knew it was speaking. It took a moment for the little tom to realize the other was speaking and even then he just tilted his head at her. He couldn't reply either way, so why really bother trying to think exactly what she was saying, but alas he did anyway and figured she was trying to greet him and ask what he was doing. Unable to answer, he just swished his tail in a greeting.

My Post
She watched him move his jaw in a soundless mew, then, he seemed to notice her presence. She watched as his tail swish in greeting, and then she remembered. He couldn't speak! He, like her, was missing one of the important senses for a warrior cat. Suddenly, she didn't feel so out of place. Ivorykit twitched her unhearing ears with suppressed excitement.
Maybe he would want to play?! But, as the idea struck her, she realize that it might sound to younger kit-like. Would he want to go outside this nursery and explore another clan's camp? That seemed more like something an apprentice would do. And, if she was going to be an apprentice in about a moon, she might as well discover the RiverClan clearing at least a little instead of sitting in the nursery all the time. Plus, it could be fun.
Ivorykit spotted a piece of moss a few tail-lengths away. She scampered over, hooked it on one sharp claw, and dashed back to Stagkit. She lifted the scrap of moss in the air excitedly and widened her eyes, then, after setting the scrap down, pointed with her tail directly at the exit to the warm nursery.
Then she looked him in the eyes and tilted her white furred head to the side, gesturing with her small paw for him to pick. It took a while, but hopefully he would get the point.

Bumping For @Socks

Last edited by Undercover; September 18th, 2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

@Scarwings | @starfall | @Constellation | @Boulder | @Foggy22 | @Mystical
It was uncertain to the black-furred warrior when it came to knowing how long the birth had gone on for, but throughout all the pain and stress that ensued from it - his beloved mate had gotten through it and he had been by her side with every second until the very end. “You did wonderful, my love..” He murmured, giving Talonfang a gentle nuzzle as he rested his chin on her back ever so gently, making sure to be quiet and soothing towards her after the long birthing. His icy blue-hued eyes, however, would not stray far from the sight the laid before him. Five, small bundles laid against one another in front of their mother’s belly, all ranging in size and appearance when it came to their fur patterns. He could see a small bit of him and his mate in each one of them, a smile never leaving his maw as he realized something - he was a father. Sproutwhisker was finally a father to five healthy kittens. A tear slipped from his eye at the thought and he purred as he grew emotional at this realization, never even thinking he would be apart of a family like this ever in his lifetime. “They’re all so beautiful..” He whispered to his mate, hearing tiny speaks and purrs coming from them now and then. It was a beautiful day outside and the tom couldn’t ask for a better time for their children to be birthed.
Old September 18th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Open to RP Whenever

My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
It was uncertain to the black-furred warrior when it came to knowing how long the birth had gone on for, but throughout all the pain and stress that ensued from it - his beloved mate had gotten through it and he had been by her side with every second until the very end. “You did wonderful, my love..” He murmured, giving Talonfang a gentle nuzzle as he rested his chin on her back ever so gently, making sure to be quiet and soothing towards her after the long birthing. His icy blue-hued eyes, however, would not stray far from the sight the laid before him. Five, small bundles laid against one another in front of their mother’s belly, all ranging in size and appearance when it came to their fur patterns. He could see a small bit of him and his mate in each one of them, a smile never leaving his maw as he realized something - he was a father. Sproutwhisker was finally a father to five healthy kittens. A tear slipped from his eye at the thought and he purred as he grew emotional at this realization, never even thinking he would be apart of a family like this ever in his lifetime. “They’re all so beautiful..” He whispered to his mate, hearing tiny speaks and purrs coming from them now and then. It was a beautiful day outside and the tom couldn’t ask for a better time for their children to be birthed.
A deep purr rumble from Talonfang's throat. She was exhausted but couldn't help feeling energetic about the kits arrival. She groomed each and every one of them. "Like you," she replied back. She nuzzled him and curled her tail around the kits, to keep them safe and warm. They were wonderful. Talonfang never thought she'd see the day that she'd have a mate and kits.
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarwings View Post

A deep purr rumble from Talonfang's throat. She was exhausted but couldn't help feeling energetic about the kits arrival. She groomed each and every one of them. "Like you," she replied back. She nuzzled him and curled her tail around the kits, to keep them safe and warm. They were wonderful. Talonfang never thought she'd see the day that she'd have a mate and kits.
“What would you like to name them?” The black-furred warrior murmured to his mate, looking down at the tiny bodies with a softened smile. There were three males and two females among the litter, some having more black in their pelts than others and some looking bigger than a few - no matter their differences, he loved them all the same. He bent down and gently nudged one of the tom-kittens, a gentle purr coming from him. “I think this little fella should be named Beechkit.” Sproutwhisker said, noting how their fur was almost completely white except for some black spots on their face and muzzle, “Does that sound like a nice name for them?” He smiled at Talonfang, a certain warmth and overjoyed happiness within his gentle blue-gaze.

Last edited by Captain; September 18th, 2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Open to RP Whenever

Quote:
“What would you like to name them?” The black-furred warrior murmured to his mate, looking down at the tiny bodies with a softened smile. There were three males and two females among the litter, some having more black in their pelts than others and some looking bigger than a few - no matter their differences, he loved them all the same. He bent down and gently nudged one of the tom-kittens, a gentle purr coming from him. “I think this little fella should be named Beechkit.” Sproutwhisker said, noting how their fur was almost completely white except for some black spots on their face and muzzle, “Does that sound like a nice name for them?” He smiled at Talonfang, a certain warmth and overjoyed happiness within his gentle blue-gaze.
Talonfang nodded and nudged another kit, "This one could be Jaguarkit," she licked them and tears of joy started to form.
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:

Talonfang nodded and nudged another kit, "This one could be Jaguarkit," she licked them and tears of joy started to form.
A softened chuckle rumbled from the black-furred male as he licked the small tom-kit that his mate had named. “He does look like a proud little hunter, a fierce jaguar without a doubt.” Sproutwhisker mentioned, looking to the third male among the litter, sniffing him now, “I think his name should be... Wavekit..” The warrior remarked, his whiskers twitching. With the three males now named, he now turned to look down at the two she-kits, smiling down at his precious daughters. “What would you like to name your beautiful daughters?” He asked Talonfang, giving the pair of them a few gentle licks of his rough tongue to make sure they kept warm and safe against their mother. He then nuzzled his mate, wiping away her tears with a smile as he kept back his own emotions now.
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Open to RP Whenever

Quote:
A softened chuckle rumbled from the black-furred male as he licked the small tom-kit that his mate had named. “He does look like a proud little hunter, a fierce jaguar without a doubt.” Sproutwhisker mentioned, looking to the third male among the litter, sniffing him now, “I think his name should be... Wavekit..” The warrior remarked, his whiskers twitching. With the three males now named, he now turned to look down at the two she-kits, smiling down at his precious daughters. “What would you like to name your beautiful daughters?” He asked Talonfang, giving the pair of them a few gentle licks of his rough tongue to make sure they kept warm and safe against their mother. He then nuzzled his mate, wiping away her tears with a smile as he kept back his own emotions now.
Talonfang purred loudly and nosed each of them, "Pitchkit, and Spottedkit," she confirmed. She was overjoyed but exhausted so she let her head lay down on the nest. Who knew giving birth was so tiring?
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBandits View Post
Mulberrykit barreled into the nursery full steam, so full of energy she found it hard to stop. She tried to plant her paws, to slow her momentum, but instead tripped over herself and rolled right into a queen's nest. Oops, She though for a second, but then turned her attention to trying to get back up on her paws. She was lying upside down, her belly tilted outward and her back paws splayed over the nest. Reacting quickly rather than logically, the kit squirmed, throwing her legs off of the nest. They landed with a soft thud, but then she got up and turned to look back at Palekit. Her eyebrows furrowed together when her friend claimed she'd won. No; all I did was crash into it. I haven't technically got it yet. So that's what she said.

"What? No; I haven't picked any up or made a ball yet, which means you can still win!" Mulberrykit's eyes now shone with friendliness. She was extremely competitive, yes, but not at the expense of a friend or, in this case, being called a cheater. She wanted to win fair and square, or sulk about it fair and square. Palekit didn't even get a chance! She deserves one, so I'm gonna give her one! "Let's see... since we've both already found plenty of moss, let's see who can make a mossball the fastest!" Hoping no one noticed, the kit ran over to the nearest nest and, using her tiny claws, managed to get a chunk off the nest and into her mouth. This'll do! She ran back over, separated the bundle into two pieces, and gave one to Palekit. "When I say go, try and make a mossball as fast as you can!" She crouched down, ready for the competition and hoping her friend was too."Ready? Set? Go!"
Watching her friend, Palekit couldn't help but laugh as the other rolled into a nest, using a paw to stifle her giggles. As soon as she thought that maybe her laughter would hurt Mulberrykit's feelings, however, the young she-kit stopped, instead calling out a timid, "Are you okay?" She inched closer to the other feline, pale green eyes rolling over Mulberry to check for any injuries- she had gotten a scratch from a thorn once, and there had been this stuff called blood. That wasn't fun one bit. But her friend seemed fine, and Palekit gave her a small smile.

"Really? I can?" She questioned the other excitedly, giving a small hop in her spot. Palekit gave an attentive nod when Mulberrykit explained the new rules- all she'd have to do was make a moss ball quicker! That'd be fun; though, she'd never made a moss ball herself so she wasn't sure she'd be the winner. That was fine with her, though, as she'd be having fun with her new friend regardless. The she-kit eagerly grabbed a piece of the moss and prepared herself, happiness gleaming in her eyes. Something so simple, such as having a friend to play with, simply made the young cat's day. As soon as Mulberrykit shouted out the command, the fluffy kit got going, first trying to roll the moss in order to make a ball- but it wasn't fully sticking, and she wasn't sure exactly how everyone got it to stay! Frustrated, Palekit sat back up and stared down at her clump of moss with a disdainful huff.

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old September 18th, 2017, 07:44 PM
This account is no more!

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
The she-kit mewed, scrambling to get closer to her mother's belly. Her siblings wiggled around her, and she was very cozy with their bodies pressing against her's. She mewed once more, and then latched on to her mother' belly, purring happily.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
The she-kit's ears pricked up slightly as her three brothers were named. My turn next! she thought. She wondered what she would be called, and what her sister would be called.
Quote:

Talonfang purred loudly and nosed each of them, "Pitchkit, and Spottedkit," she confirmed. She was overjoyed but exhausted so she let her head lay down on the nest. Who knew giving birth was so tiring?
Spottedkit! I like that name! she wondered happily, and kept nursing. And Pitchkit! She couldn't wait until she opened her eyes.

If you want to RP with me, just PM or VM me!
Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?