“Romeo, Romeo, where art...
Last post by Rowan
Today 01:10 PM

Old August 5th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Default Tinker and Willy

The afternoon was cool but the sun cut through and warmed Tinker's long fur pleasantly. She purred as she closed her eyes and allowed the warmth to soak through her fur and kiss her skin beneath.

A soft rustling caught her attention; her ear twitch and her gaze sprung open towards the source of the noise. A stray feather was flitting across the crumbled dirt of her garden. She dropped down into a hunter's crouch. Her feathered brown tail swished through the air behind her. She wiggled her butt in anticipation. Just as the unwitting feather made for a gap in the fence, Tinker sprung from the coiled energy of her bunch back legs. She hit the ground and swiftly raced over the last tail length and pounced, trapping the feather beneath her forepaws.

She sat back and purred. Lifting her feet away to bat playfully at the freed feather, sending it softly drifting one way and the next.

But movement caught her attention, interrupting her play, from the open gate. A cat was peering around the corner. She forgot the feather and turned her attention to the newcomer, cocking her head curiously.

@WarriorzFan

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 5th, 2021, 04:20 PM
S t a r's Apprentice!

My Mood: Incognito
Default Re: Tinker and Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post
The afternoon was cool but the sun cut through and warmed Tinker's long fur pleasantly. She purred as she closed her eyes and allowed the warmth to soak through her fur and kiss her skin beneath.

A soft rustling caught her attention; her ear twitch and her gaze sprung open towards the source of the noise. A stray feather was flitting across the crumbled dirt of her garden. She dropped down into a hunter's crouch. Her feathered brown tail swished through the air behind her. She wiggled her butt in anticipation. Just as the unwitting feather made for a gap in the fence, Tinker sprung from the coiled energy of her bunch back legs. She hit the ground and swiftly raced over the last tail length and pounced, trapping the feather beneath her forepaws.

She sat back and purred. Lifting her feet away to bat playfully at the freed feather, sending it softly drifting one way and the next.

But movement caught her attention, interrupting her play, from the open gate. A cat was peering around the corner. She forgot the feather and turned her attention to the newcomer, cocking her head curiously.

@WarriorzFan
Willy was taking his sweet time bounding down the road when he saw a rather excited looking she-cat. He had no one to hang out with and the gate was open, so he guessed no one really cared if he came in. “Hello? Lovely weather we are having! My name’s Willy, but you can call me Tell if you want. Or if you care enough to want to know.” He said. "...What's yours?" he finished awkwardly.

Last edited by WarriorzFan; August 5th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old August 5th, 2021, 05:03 PM
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorzFan View Post
Willy was taking his sweet time bounding down the road when he saw a rather excited looking she-cat. He had no one to hang out with and the gate was open, so he guessed no one really cared if he came in. “Hello? Lovely weather we are having! My name’s Willy, but you can call me Tell if you want. Or if you care enough to want to know.” He said. "...What's yours?" he finished awkwardly.
Tinker giggled and shook out her long fur. "Of course I care to know! My name's Tinker."

She padded openly towards the tom and sat neatly in front of him. "It is a lovely day." She cocked her head as she stared at him. "'Tell', that doesn't sound like it comes from Willy. How'd you get the name Tell?"

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 5th, 2021, 05:09 PM
S t a r's Apprentice!

Quote:
Tinker giggled and shook out her long fur. "Of course I care to know! My name's Tinker."

She padded openly towards the tom and sat neatly in front of him. "It is a lovely day." She cocked her head as she stared at him. "'Tell', that doesn't sound like it comes from Willy. How'd you get the name Tell?"
"I was named after a skilled archer named William Tell. He once shot an apple square off someone's head with an arrow, I've heard. They named me Willy so it sounded better but I think Tell sounds less babyish. I suppose I just gave it to myself. Tinker...Odd name, but a nice one as well, reminds me of technology like the lightbox and the people who made it and so many other things." he said.
Old August 5th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Raven

Quote:
"I was named after a skilled archer named William Tell. He once shot an apple square off someone's head with an arrow, I've heard. They named me Willy so it sounded better but I think Tell sounds less babyish. I suppose I just gave it to myself. Tinker...Odd name, but a nice one as well, reminds me of technology like the lightbox and the people who made it and so many other things." he said.
Tinker's eyes widened as he told his story. "Oh, that's...cool, I guess." She laughed. "I'm not sure I know what 'archer' is but it sounds like this William Tell was pretty good at it." She shrugged with a good-natured smile, "In any case, Tell is a good name."

She pricked her ears at the sound of rustling from within her housefolk's nest but nobody came to the door so she turned back to Tell. "I'm not sure how I got the name Tinker but my housefolk seemed to like it. After they started using it for me they got me this pretty thing." She looked down proudly at the gold disk fastened to her neck by a soft pink band.

Tinker looked back up at Tell. "Do you have housefolk around here?"

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing

Last edited by Pitou; August 5th, 2021 at 05:28 PM.
Old August 5th, 2021, 05:39 PM
S t a r's Apprentice!

Quote:
Tinker's eyes widened as he told his story. "Oh, that's...cool, I guess." She laughed. "I'm not sure I know what 'archer' is but it sounds like this William Tell was pretty good at it." She shrugged with a good-natured smile, "In any case, Tell is a good name."

She pricked her ears at the sound of rustling from within her housefolk's nest but nobody came to the door so she turned back to Tell. "I'm not sure how I got the name Tinker but my housefolk seemed to like it. After they started using it for me they got me this pretty thing." She looked down proudly at the gold disk fastened to her neck by a soft pink band.

Tinker looked back up at Tell. "Do you have housefolk around here?"
"I think so...yes. Hmm, you say they got you that collar after naming you? were you a stray before that? I bet that is why they named you that! Listen, if you were a stray, because strays have to fight for themselves, they become independent and more on topic, resourceful, like a tinkerer!" he theorized. He quietly admitted to himself that this cat was totally the type that got more interesting the more you knew. He wasn't compeletely surprised as that was how socialization works, but some people turn out to be jerks while others do not. She was the latter kind.

Last edited by WarriorzFan; August 5th, 2021 at 05:41 PM.
Old August 5th, 2021, 06:32 PM
Raven

Quote:
"I think so...yes. Hmm, you say they got you that collar after naming you? were you a stray before that? I bet that is why they named you that! Listen, if you were a stray, because strays have to fight for themselves, they become independent and more on topic, resourceful, like a tinkerer!" he theorized. He quietly admitted to himself that this cat was totally the type that got more interesting the more you knew. He wasn't compeletely surprised as that was how socialization works, but some people turn out to be jerks while others do not. She was the latter kind.
Tinker cocked her head, studying Tell. A stray? What's that?

"Oh!" She bounced upright as her mind whirled. "You mean like Old Leo from my last garden? He didn't have any housefolk. My housefolks fed him though, they left food outside even though he'd never let them touch him." Tinker went silent as her mind delved into her memories. Old Leo was a mystery to her, not wanting housefolk, and he was often grumpy but she liked him well enough. Then she smiled. "No, not me. I've always had housefolk. I don't remember much from before my housefolk, I was just a kit. But I remember them playing with me and I fell in love so fast," she purred. "They're so good. But I didn't get this...collar, for a while in the beginning." She looked down at her collar. "But when they put it on me I just knew we were going to be together forever."

She glanced back into her garden letting her warm feelings linger openly. Then a thought struck her and she looked back at Tell. "Say, you know an awful lot about stuff. How old are you anyway? And how'd you get to know so much? Maybe I can learn a whole lot from you!"

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 5th, 2021, 07:52 PM
S t a r's Apprentice!

Quote:
Tinker cocked her head, studying Tell. A stray? What's that?

"Oh!" She bounced upright as her mind whirled. "You mean like Old Leo from my last garden? He didn't have any housefolk. My housefolks fed him though, they left food outside even though he'd never let them touch him." Tinker went silent as her mind delved into her memories. Old Leo was a mystery to her, not wanting housefolk, and he was often grumpy but she liked him well enough. Then she smiled. "No, not me. I've always had housefolk. I don't remember much from before my housefolk, I was just a kit. But I remember them playing with me and I fell in love so fast," she purred. "They're so good. But I didn't get this...collar, for a while in the beginning." She looked down at her collar. "But when they put it on me I just knew we were going to be together forever."

She glanced back into her garden letting her warm feelings linger openly. Then a thought struck her and she looked back at Tell. "Say, you know an awful lot about stuff. How old are you anyway? And how'd you get to know so much? Maybe I can learn a whole lot from you!"
"I have a School Teacher and a Lawyer for Housefolk, so I pick up a lot. I am not really that old. I am like 35 moons. You-you would? Umm...One of the reasons I know so much is that I have no friends... Everyone teases me for being a brain. I know I'm smart, but deep down I feel so stupid." he said, almost on the verge of tears. "Sorry, that was probably weird and way too emotional for you..." he said Awkwardly.
Old August 5th, 2021, 08:24 PM
Raven

Quote:
"I have a School Teacher and a Lawyer for Housefolk, so I pick up a lot. I am not really that old. I am like 35 moons. You-you would? Umm...One of the reasons I know so much is that I have no friends... Everyone teases me for being a brain. I know I'm smart, but deep down I feel so stupid." he said, almost on the verge of tears. "Sorry, that was probably weird and way too emotional for you..." he said Awkwardly.
She wasn't sure about 35 moons not being that old; that seemed an eternity from her 11 moons but she shrugged. Tinker leaned forward and gave him a quick, friendly lick on his cheek. She laughed brightly. "Why would anybody not like you for knowing things? You aren't stupid, you've already taught me so much!"

She looked at him attentively, a gleeful gleam sparkling her brilliant blue eyes. "Well, you can't say you don't have any friends anymore because I'll be your friend!"

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 5th, 2021, 08:38 PM
S t a r's Apprentice!

Quote:
She wasn't sure about 35 moons not being that old; that seemed an eternity from her 11 moons but she shrugged. Tinker leaned forward and gave him a quick, friendly lick on his cheek. She laughed brightly. "Why would anybody not like you for knowing things? You aren't stupid, you've already taught me so much!"

She looked at him attentively, a gleeful gleam sparkling her brilliant blue eyes. "Well, you can't say you don't have any friends anymore because I'll be your friend!"
"Really? No way! You don't know what this means to me." he gave her a little friendly nudge and Asked: "Does your house have Air Conditioning? It is really hot out here and my long pelt is sticking to me!" he said jokingly.

"C-Would you like to see my Twolegplace? there are many lovely things there, like the glass thing that holds flowers so they can be admired and... Oh! The lightbox! I've figured out how to work it if you would like to see! Umm, but also, I've seen you with some loner, and I think you might have seen a bunch of new places in his company, so If you have any fun places to explore I would be happy to join you! Oh, look at me ramble! This is so embarrassing. Sorry, I've never done this before." he rambled.

Last edited by WarriorzFan; August 6th, 2021 at 06:46 AM.