Last post by f0rg0tt3n_v0id
Today 01:50 PM
✦ RiverClan Self-Exiles -...
by paris
Last post by PoisonOrchid
Today 01:36 PM

Old September 23rd, 2023, 12:09 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Haggard Ruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed Flower View Post
Mushroomkit

'Bumblestar..? I heared that before.' The kit thought, unsheathing his claws and drawing a wobbly star in the dirt, looking back up at pretty cat for approval. 'Does she likes?' Mushroomkit thought, glancing at his father. @Vixlz
She didn’t notice it until she felt eyes burning into her pelt. She looked down at him and then to the far from straight.. she wanted to say star? In the dirt. Nonetheless, she would support him. “That’s amazing. Your so talented, little Mushroom.” she purred, nuzzling him. Although, she did hate the fact it reminded her of Bumblestar, she wouldn’t tell that to the kit

@Vixlz
Old September 23rd, 2023, 01:53 PM
Saki means hope <3

Status: Whenever I sit in my bed, the giant bear I got when I was six stares me down
Bump Policy: 24h
My Mood: Unpredictable

@Caspian @Shadowed Flower

We are roleplaying here now

|
|
v

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=69680

"Just be yourself, there is no one better" - Taylor Swift
Help hatch my babies!

My characters and me have different views! Please do not connect their thoughts and feelings to mine. <3
Old September 23rd, 2023, 01:55 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixlz View Post
Alright!
Old September 24th, 2023, 10:12 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Sprucepaw |

No one had showed up. The young ThunderClan apprentice was fuming. In his own, emotionless way. The one time he desperately wanted to leave camp, actually do some hunting - if only to get away from Monster - and Flashy and Freckles were nowhere to be seen. This was one of the things the former kittypet just couldn't wrap his mind around concerning the cultists he'd found shelter with. They were all about teamwork, and family, and loyalty, yet never - more like rarely, but details - had he met a single cat that showed any of these attributes. They were mostly in this all for themselves. Take Flash and Freckles, who had just left poor, little, inexperienced Fudge on his own. Well he'd show them. He'd bring back so much prey they would be ashamed of themselves.

The chocolate point honestly had no idea where this fervor was coming from. Maybe a part of him had started to reluctantly see the nicer side of the clan's cats thanks to The Boulder, and the reality that The Boulder was unique amongst a sea of hypocrisy and facades was a kick to the gut. Maybe he was really, really peeved that the one time he was raring to go no one else was, after all, why should he be the only one showing any enthusiasm when he could care less? Or maybe it was just that he was hungry. Whatever it was, it was gnawing at him, telling him to go out and do something for once, and forgetting entirely about that one little rule, the one where apprentices weren't allowed outside on their own, he arrived at the ruins, scouring the area for prey.

It felt odd being out here all alone. He'd never had any real interactions with his mentor. The molly had obviously chosen to ignore his existence for some reason. Either he did not meet her expectations as an apprentice - which he was honestly fine with - or she didn't care to train a former kittypet. Whichever the case, it meant one thing. One less cat to socialize with. And yet even with his lack of socialization, his lack of seeking out cats to groom and talk with, Fudge had found that he was surprisingly always seemingly... in someone's presence. He didn't know how that had come to be, but it certainly made the wide, ruined landscape feel even emptier in the absence of a particularly brown furred mountain of a cat's form.

Putting the thought out of his mind, the young apprentice decided to put into practice what the very mountain of a cat had taught him instead of missing them. Not that... he actually missed them. No. He just... thought it notable how silent it was without their incessant chatter. Yeah. That was it.

Emerald orbs shifted from left to right, almost as if he was sensing some cat looming around, about to poke out of the shadows and make fun of him for his unspoken rambling. It made sense he supposed. This place was swarming with the scent of cats. Lots of cats. Was this a commonly hunted area? If it was, maybe that meant that he would have some level of success here.

Success he did have, gratefully, in at the very least finding some edible prey. A wood mouse was skittering about, sniffing with it's longer snout as it nibbled at some seeds scattered in the ground. Licking his whiskers at the sight of the morsel, Fudge dropped to a hunter's crouch, his tail kept low as he ensured he didn't make a sound while approaching his quarry. Of course, with his stare so focused on the mouse, the long furred tom failed to see the small tunnel in the way, his paw instantly dipping inside as a pair of razor sharp incisors clamped down on it. A shriek of pain escaping him, the Birman mix pulled his paw right out of the hole, a mole flying out with it, the earthworm that it had evidently been making a meal out of taking to the air as well.

A small dance followed, the wood mouse entirely forgotten as the apprentice flailed his paw rapidly in the air, circling about in a clear GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF ME! display. Why? Why couldn't he have just one moment of peace whenever he went out hunting?! He blamed Yowly. He had no idea what the second in command had to do with anything, but it was obviously his fault!

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Fudge managed to calm down enough to have the sense of mind to drop his paw and bite the mole right back, killing it in an instant. Released from the infernal creature's iron grip, the tom snarled, his sides heaving as he struggled to get air, his paw bloodied up from the creature's bite and throbbing with pain. As he placed his paw down on the ground, he winced, a sharp bolt of lightning forcing him to put his paw right back up. Alright... so he wouldn't be doing any more hunting for today. That was... pathetic.

Ears flattened, the brown furred tom glared at the dead creature, anger clear in his normally deadpanned features. How had he messed this up so bad? That mouse had been as good as his. But no, this stupid mole had to make a tunnel right where he was hunting. Who made a tunnel in the middle of a clear hunting path?! And now, all he had to show for it was this idiot mole. Who even ate mole? Well... hopefully someone, because he hadn't just hurt his paw to have no one eat it.

Disappointment washing through him, Fudge grabbed the creature, slowly calming down enough to adopt his more emotionless expression once again. At least the thing was bigger than the wood mouse had been. This better be worth the long limp back to camp he was facing right now. Hopefully that didn't mean he was going to be stuck inside camp now. This whole trip had been made to avoid being stuck inside camp, thank you very much. Ugh... could this day get any worse? Don't answer that.

-

[+1 mole]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old October 12th, 2023, 10:34 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

It had been a few moons since she had been here. Torn apart, torn to shreds. Echo smiled faintly. "Welcome back," she whispered. She was still traumatised by what happened here, and it was a wonder she survived.

(btw this is echopaw)
(open)

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old October 20th, 2023, 09:46 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post

*-Asterpaw-*
20/100
he/him || 8moons || no purrks
Lanky, flame point siamese with heterochromatic eyes

At the call of his name followed by the nudge, Aster pushed himself to standing and stretched. "Ok," he said evenly, suppressing his joy at the chance to leave camp and see their territory for himself. "Where to first?"

[ bumble - @dino. ]
"Figure we'll start with Haggard Ruins. Close enough to everything else 'n we can hit what we missed on the way back."

Assuming Asterpaw was following, Bumblestar ducked out of the den and led him out of camp. It was a mildly lengthy trek from the camp, but she'd had worse, and she figured he had, too.

She stepped through the barrier of the old rundown camp and glanced down to Asterpaw. "Watch your step," she murmured, gesturing to the old sinkhole in the center of it all, where an old tree sank halfway into it. "Might still be a little unstable. This was our old camp, 'till the ground caved in and swallowed most of it, 'n we moved to the one that you know. Right now, this is used as a decent hunting grounds. Moles, mice, other ground rats. Just gotta mind the center. You fall in, you're probably not comin' back out if you don't have someone else with you."
Old October 21st, 2023, 09:55 AM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
"Figure we'll start with Haggard Ruins. Close enough to everything else 'n we can hit what we missed on the way back."

Assuming Asterpaw was following, Bumblestar ducked out of the den and led him out of camp. It was a mildly lengthy trek from the camp, but she'd had worse, and she figured he had, too.

She stepped through the barrier of the old rundown camp and glanced down to Asterpaw. "Watch your step," she murmured, gesturing to the old sinkhole in the center of it all, where an old tree sank halfway into it. "Might still be a little unstable. This was our old camp, 'till the ground caved in and swallowed most of it, 'n we moved to the one that you know. Right now, this is used as a decent hunting grounds. Moles, mice, other ground rats. Just gotta mind the center. You fall in, you're probably not comin' back out if you don't have someone else with you."

*-Asterpaw-*
30/100
he/him || 8moons || no purrks
Lanky, flame point siamese with heterochromatic eyes

Following close behind, Asterpaw made sure to take in their surroundings, trying to commit to memory the path traveled to get here. This - Haggard Ruins, Bumblestar had called it - had been the clans old camp. Looking around, the siamese thought he could see where dens used to be, old and falling apart now, but their mark in this place still remained. The hole in the center of everything was... scary. Aster wanted to shudder just looking at it.

"Steer clear from the pit of doom, got it," he noted, mostly to himself, but if Bumblestar heard then at least she'd know he was taking the information in, right? That one rule about staying away from the massive hole didn't seem too hard to follow, anyway, what self respecting cat would want to jump in a hole and probably to their deaths?
Old October 24th, 2023, 04:50 PM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

| Larchflame |
( @spookywynds )

It hadn't taken the two very long to reach their destination, the camp, still crushed mess in a pit, yet the birds called overhead and she could already smell a mingle of a couple different prey scents, as if unbothered by the tragedy that had befell the clan cats in this very place. Or, she supposed, this was now their home, so they were just going about their business as normal. She flicked her tail to indicate to stop to her patrol mate, before turning to speak with him.

"I'll go left, you go right. We'll find more prey if we split up here than if we stay together." she was going the opposite direction around the sinkhole to when she had gone hunting with AlderFoxstep, she wanted to see what was over on this side, post-sink. "We'll meet back here about.. sun high? That should give us both enough time to catch a thing or two." As she begun to make her way to the left of the sink hole she called over her shoulder to her companion "Stir clear of the void, I'm not going down there to drag your sorry tail out."

And with that she disappeared into the foliage, her mouth open to check for scent trails.

Character Bio's | Tracker/Finder
sootkit: worldweaver 1, herbal knowledge 1 - silverkit: go with the flow, beefed up 1
Old October 25th, 2023, 07:42 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolloween. View Post
| Larchflame |
( @spookywynds )

It hadn't taken the two very long to reach their destination, the camp, still crushed mess in a pit, yet the birds called overhead and she could already smell a mingle of a couple different prey scents, as if unbothered by the tragedy that had befell the clan cats in this very place. Or, she supposed, this was now their home, so they were just going about their business as normal. She flicked her tail to indicate to stop to her patrol mate, before turning to speak with him.

"I'll go left, you go right. We'll find more prey if we split up here than if we stay together." she was going the opposite direction around the sinkhole to when she had gone hunting with AlderFoxstep, she wanted to see what was over on this side, post-sink. "We'll meet back here about.. sun high? That should give us both enough time to catch a thing or two." As she begun to make her way to the left of the sink hole she called over her shoulder to her companion "Stir clear of the void, I'm not going down there to drag your sorry tail out."

And with that she disappeared into the foliage, her mouth open to check for scent trails.

yarrowcrest // he/him // 19 moons
purrks: mind reader [INACTIVE], flock together tier 1 [ACTIVE]

---

A bit bossy but he didn't mind the instruction. For what feels like the 100th time this morning, he nods to her in understanding and slowly begins creeping off toward the right. Ears are perked in high alert and his jaw hangs open as he scents for prey in the grasses around the silent pit, bright blue hues scanning the underbrush for any sign of movement. This time of year squirrels were getting nice and fat for the winter... Not many birds, as they were beginning to fly somewhere far away to escape the cold. When the scent of squirrel hits him, it has his fur standing on edge. First sign of prey. Not too far off. Scenting the wind, he turns his head in the direction of the small animal and begins to creep silently.

Hunkered amongst the grasses, he watches the fat squirrel nibble on it's acorn in an attempt to get to it's delicious center. He creeps forward, a paw clumsily stepping onto a fallen leaf that causes him to freeze... But even though the squirrel stares him dead in the eye, it doesn't move. So he takes the opportunity to pounce at it, catching it in between both paws and delivering a swift bite to end it's life.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old October 28th, 2023, 12:28 PM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Sunleap led Dreampaw to the haggard ruins. Smelling a mouse the 67 moon old tom meowed what do you smell, remembering that his apprentice had said that he wanted to hunt a mouse. @GhostCop
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.