Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Applications to join the Staff Team close at 11:59 PM EST today. Get them in while you have the chance!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
StarClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by bubble[error].
Today 10:36 AM
Art competition!
Last post by oakcrane
Today 10:34 AM
✩Star's Mass YCH Trade!✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 10:33 AM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by squidz
ShadowClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Forgetfulshape

Old January 29th, 2024, 09:51 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: WindClan Elders' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Active | Silver Tongue - Active | Beefed Up [Tier 1] - Inactive

Her mewing interrupted, a voice calling out in the elders' den, the senior warrior turned around, mismatched ears perked up in surprise. Most warriors and apprentices of WindClan seemed to forget about the elderly. It had not escaped Dapplebreeze just how very young most of the cats of WindClan were of late. Why, to be considered a senior warrior at her paltry sixty four moons of age - well, perhaps not paltry, but most certainly not so aged as to be senior - in this day and age was... rather sad, truly. Had WindClan's constant struggles wiped out so effectively those that had grown with her. Why, aside of Fallownose there was hardly any other WindClan born cats left of her generation. It was a disheartening thought, and she couldn't help but pray that her daughter would never have to face such a situation herself.

Soft, round, blue orbs were quick to land on Hawkfur, and the she-cat couldn't help the small twitch of her whiskers at the sight of the tom. She was not familiar with him. Her daughter, however? Oh, her sweetest bird seemed to be quite familiar with him. Perhaps now would be a good time to get to know him. Get a feel for this feline who had her darling's attention so aptly captured of late. His offering to help secure the elders' den for the leafbare was of course a good first impression, and the patched warrior could feel a small purr rumbling within. Leave it to her daughter to associate with the proper, hard working warriors of the clan. Her judgement seemed to be as impeccable as always... but then, she was her mother's daughter, she supposed.

"Oh most certainly, my dear. I would be delighted to have your assistance," Dapplebreeze responded, her maw curved in a polite, demure smile. "After all, any friend of Bravebird's is a friend of mine."

The words had barely left her mouth when another joined, coaxing the round faced former queen to look towards the entrance. Yet another warrior coming into the den, with prey for elders and ready to work were apprentices should be concerning themselves. As estranged as she was from her grandson - to the point of barely any cats even remembering their relation - she had admired his willingness to help around the clan when he had been a paw. No wall ever needed to be fixed, and no queen or elder was ever left hungry with him around. She should know, having been raising her precious and now long gone Ryepaw in the nursery at the the time. Well... if apprentices were refusing to do their assigned tasks, it was at least heartwarming to see warriors who did not see themselves as too above such menial labor to step up. Perhaps such hard working individuals would inspire the newer generation to be mindful of such things. Monotonous the work might be, but of incredible importance for the safety and health of the clan.

"Ah, greetings, Swiftfire. Marvelous to have your company, darling," she mewed, a polite purr alight in her voice.

Fully intent on getting back to her work, confusion fluttered in Dapplebreeze's gaze for a moment as Swiftfire deposited the vole before her, pausing her movements. It wasn't until the warrior spoke that she... blinked. Oh. Oh dear. Well then. Perhaps this warrior assumed she was moving into the elders' den? Come now. She was hardly the oldest warrior around. That honor went to Batglare, and he seemed to be quite strong and well suited for the warrior life, having even a young apprentice at tow. Perhaps it had been her bout of illness earlier? She had been left weak and malnourished in her nest for some time before she went to the medicine cat's den with young Firestorm and was forced to treatment by the equally fiery Lightningstorm. An apprentice at the time, as well... Her illness had taken an awfully long time to heal. Perhaps cats had just assumed that she would be retiring if she survived? Well, time to put an end to such thoughts now!

"I do appreciate the gift and offer, dearest, but I do believe some of the elders might be even more grateful for such attentions once they come back into the den. Perhaps old Garfield? Or Badgersnap?" she mewed, her voice polite and cheery in the full knowledge that she was sending the well meaning warrior pettily towards the potentially grumpiest of the elders, yet finding it hard to feel too guilty about it. Her tone soon turned serious, however, as she nodded in agreement with Swiftbird's tangent. "All jest aside, I do find myself agreeing with you, my darling. It's simply barbaric to be in the knowledge that this clan has as many apprentices as it has and not a single one has been doing check ups on the state of these dens! Surely not all of them can be out on the field at all times? It's like if these youngsters have forgotten that training is not all hunting and fighting. Clan life is about more than just the glory that can be found from such feats, after all," she sniffed, her tail giving a small tap of disapproval as she spoke.

@Micanomancy [Hawkfur] | @Tiabird [Swiftbird]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micanomancy View Post
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 46 moons
[Deep russet tabby with a white muzzle, chest and paws and sky blue eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Dapplebreeze - @Alchemist Kitsune ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur wasn't sure why he felt picked apart by Dapplebreeze's gaze, but it made him a little nervous. He also wasn't sure why he felt a strange desire to impress her. She was Bravebird's mother, yes, but just because he was friends with her daughter didn't mean he wanted to show Dapplebreeze he was worthy of being her friend. At least, it shouldn't mean that. He offered the older warrior a brief nod, trying to convey his appreciation for her in his eyes, but kept silent.

Swiftfire's approach caught him a little off guard, but he offered the warrior a nod as well, appreciative that another warrior was going to help with the dens. Surely the elder's den would be warm and cozy once the three of them were done. He winced when Dapplebreeze suggested Swiftfire give the prey to the rather cantankerous elders, resisting the urge to chuckle. Dapplebreeze and Bravebird were so alike, but Bravebird hadn't inherited Dapplebreeze's ability to tear a cat down with politeness and sweetness. Bravebird was very cutting and blunt, but the tom actually appreciated that about her. It was easy to tell what she was thinking.

He could tell Dapplebreezeappreciated the offer from the cat, however, and cast the younger warrior a kind look. "I agree." He meowed, his voice a little raspy with the cold. He cleared his throat, then spoke again. "I think some expectations should be set down by Fallownose. In my experience as an apprentice, I think apprentices do best when they're able to abide by a schedule while still having time to explore their hobbies. This way, they'll learn how to weave and build as well as fight and hunt." He realized he was rambling a little, and quickly shut his mouth with a sheepish look. "Of-of course all apprentices are different." He found himself very passionate about the well-being of apprentices, since his own had gone missing not too long ago. He continued weaving, though it was basic at best. He hadn't learned the extensive techniques, but it got the job done.

Swiftfire
38 Moons
She/Her
Purrk(s): Ultimate Predator
------------------------------

She perked an orange brow up in response to Dapplebreeze's suggestion of handing the prey off to one of the crabbier elders. But her gaze remained stoic. "You still need your strength, Dapplebreeze. I will take Badgersnap something when he returns, but this vole is for you." She smiled patiently, "If you wish to share it, that is fine. Or save it for later. The choice is yours." She gave the senior warrior a chuckling purr. Truthfully, she was taken aback by the agreement regarding the apprentices.

But to give young cats the incentive to respect the older generations, Swiftfire wasn't certain stricter schedules and hobbies were the solution, and she said as much, though she gave Hawkfur a pensive glance. "New skills are nice, but there's plenty of skill to be passed down. Respect is what needs to be taught now...right?" She furrowed her brow, "I remember that I wasn't allowed to hunt or eat for myself until the elders were fed, kits too...and cleaning out bedding was an everyday task. Apprentices think it's all for punishment now, that it means they don't have to actually do those chores unless they get in trouble." She was speaking openly now, something she didn't often do. But this was a troublesome situation, and two warriors shared the sentiments she did. She cared deeply for her own apprentices. But they seemed unmotivated, confused, even rebellious. She wanted to curb that, show them by example that taking care of the Clan was not a punishment, but an honor.

Swiftfire turned and shook her head, "It's like taking care of the cats who took care of them and their own parents is some big nasty deal. But it's not." She sighed, "A-Anyway, I am glad to see the repairs are going along alright. You never answered if you needed anymore supplies, so, I guess you don't." Swiftfire chuckled and shrugged before grabbing some moss and stick and finding a spot to work, sitting back to work and weave the materials into the walls of the den.
Old January 30th, 2024, 09:28 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

NIGHTHAIL
she/her. 36 moons. long haired black and grey molly with lighter splotches; blue eyes; scarred
( purrks; the collector )

nighthail, originally planning to go on a walk, stops when she notices a pile of snow forming in front of the elder's den. her ear twitches in irritation, looking around the clearing. had nobody noticed and tried to clean it up? entering the elder's den, she looks down at the snow littering the den floor with narrowed eyes. she begins to scoop away at the snow, successfully cleaning the den. windclan didn't need any sick elders.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old February 5th, 2024, 01:51 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Active | Silver Tongue - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 1] - Inactive

The patched molly had been out on the clearing, having a rare moment for herself. The amount of sunning offered by the sky during leafbare was rare, and usually not the most comfortable. There was plenty of snow on the ground, albeit softer... mushier in the relative warmth of the day. Relative in comparison to the earlier, frost filled days, which were admittedly not the warmest, but the senior warrior was not one to complain. Instead, she lay by the center of the clearing, staring up at the broken clouds with a peaceful look on her blue hues. At least... until a small scampering caught her attention.

It was quite the sight. A tiny speck of a kit skittering as sneakily as he could from the nursery. Which of course meant he had barreled out into the open with the grace of a just woken up badger - rather fitting, considering his name - and was scampering about erratically. An intriguing sight, but not the reason why Dapplebreeze kept an eye on the youngster. His mother seemed to have not yet realized he was missing from the nursery - not that she blamed her, it was always easy to have your little ones sneak about with larger litters... and even smaller ones with especially high escapist tendencies amongst their ranks were nothing to scoff at either - and she would hate for the little one to go back to his nest with a bruise or a scuff of some sort. Or worse... to not come back at all. The cloudy sky did not provide much aid in seeing hawks flying above the open plateau, yet the she-cat remained vigilant, mismatched ears perked up as she kept her eyes on the kit.

It became evident when young Badgerkit was quite done with his excursion, his frantic, desperate looking around for where he had come from tugging at the warrior's maternal heart. And yet laying she remained. It would be a good lesson for the kit, one way or another. To learn the ins and outs of the camp, or to learn that perhaps staying with his mother until he was a bit older might not be all that terrible an idea. And yet... neither seemed to happen as his panic... vanished? The cream and tan she-cat's whiskers twitched with amusement, impressed by the kit's already adventurous spirit. He would be quite the pawful for whoever ended up apprenticing him once he came of age. Perhaps a formidable future warrior of the clan in the making? It was too early to tell, of course, but she always did like to think the best of the clan's darlings and their future.

Noticing his tiny paws carrying him over towards the elders' den, Dapplebreeze purred, lifting herself before following after the lad. She was certain he would be in no danger in there, but perhaps it would be best to make sure he was alright... and make sure he found his way back to Laurelwinds once his little excursion was done. Round paws padding softly through the snow, the senior warrior entered the elders' domain silently, preferring to avoid bothering anyone if she could help it. The oldest of the clan had earned their rest, after all... although she couldn't see how an impromptu visit from a curious darling would be a bother to anyone. Then again... she'd always had her soft spot for the clan's youngest.

She found the black and white tom swiftly, making himself quite at home in a currently unoccupied nest. Perhaps the excitement from before had been enough for the sweetheart. He did seem quite young. A moon at most, if she had to guess. With a demure smile gracing her soft features, the former queen approached the curled up kit, hearing his purring from a distance. Placing one paw inside the nest, the older feline tilted her head, curiously staring at the little intruder fondly.

"Oh, my my. Aren't we rather young to be sleeping in the elders' den, my dearest? Was the nursery proving too loud for a good rest?" Dapplebreeze asked in a soft whisper, offering a gentle blink in the kit's direction.

@Tiabirb [Badgerkit]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old February 11th, 2024, 08:52 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Active | Silver Tongue - Active | Beefed Up [Tier 1] - Inactive

The senior warrior's whiskers twitched appreciatively as Swiftfire took her words with grace. She had seen warriors get so riled up at the slightest of teases. Blinking appreciatively at the tortoiseshell, she dipped her head. If the darling lass was going to be such a good sport about her words, the least she could do was accept the kindness. She would simply go out hunting later to replenish the pile. Despite her older age when compared to most of the warriors in the clan, she still felt a sense of obligation to ensure the queens and elders were well fed before she ate. Perhaps it was the very morals that had been instilled in her by her mother and further reinforced by her mentor, but she found the older she got, the more meaningful their teachings rang.

"I'm afraid a big part of it too is simply how sheltered youngsters have become these days. Back when I was an apprentice, we were allowed to go out and hunt alone. We were trusted to learn to provide on our own. I of course understand why Twilightstar has made the decisions she has made regarding the young darlings. They are not warriors. It is our task to teach them and keep them safe. But... it does feel like some sense of responsibility has been lost with this. Perhaps the youngsters don't feel respected themselves, unable as they are to leave on their own. Relying on warriors for everything. Unable to stretch their wings, as it were. Maybe it would be wise to begin allowing those who have shown most promise in their training more liberties as they learn?" Dapplebreeze mused, her blue eyes adopting a thoughtful look.

A small hum escaped the round faced she-cat as she continued working, her mind reeling with ideas on how to better the will to not only learn, but integrate themselves into clan life that the younger generation seemed to be so sorely lacking right now. Perhaps it was her overly maternal nature taking over, but she did wonder if the fault lay in the warriors. Not entirely, as there was definitely some very attentive apprentices that were obviously eager to learn, but there was no doubt that something was missing. Expectations, as Hawkfur had put it. Maybe then they would see why taking care of each other was of such import.

"Pardon?" the former queen mewed, taken out of her innermost thoughts as Swiftfire spoke. One mismatched ear twitching as she caught on to what the warrior had said, she offered a demure smile before pointing towards the small pile of materials she had brought along with her, noting that between her and Hawkfur it had begun dwindling faster than she had anticipated, and would no doubt take a bigger toll if another warrior was added to the mix. "Well, I had brought some paltry materials I could scavenge about the camp. Leaf-bare is being most unkind to us this cycle. But I would be most grateful for more moss and sticks if you could bring them in, dear. If none is readily available, I believe a small patrol to gather more might be in order. Easier to find the materials to rebuild than for our medicine cat to scour the plateau for greencough medication, I'm afraid."

@Micanomancy [Hawkfur] | @Tiabirb [Swiftbird]
| Sneaking in a personal roleplay response. Shhh. Don't tell my supervisors. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios

Last edited by Alchemist Kitsune; February 12th, 2024 at 10:52 AM.
Old February 19th, 2024, 11:32 AM
My element is water

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Bored

Snowkit tiptoed into the Elder's Den, with her sister Duskkit following. Her eyes darted around, as though looking for trouble. Which, of course, they were. "Ready for that story, Duskkit?" Snowkit asked her sister, trying to sound casual and failing. Snowkit was giggling too much.
@Moondapple
Old February 19th, 2024, 11:40 AM

Bump Policy: 1 week (3 days if urgent)
My Mood: Blah

Duskkit picked up the rock in her tail eyes sparkling with mischeif. "Get it together!" She whispered. "It will be over before it even starts!"
Old February 19th, 2024, 12:43 PM
My element is water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondapple View Post
Duskkit picked up the rock in her tail eyes sparkling with mischeif. "Get it together!" She whispered. "It will be over before it even starts!"
"Okay, okay," Snowkit swallowed her giggles. "We need to get an elder's attention. Can you do that? I don't know that I can stop laughing."
Old February 19th, 2024, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wispwillow View Post
"Okay, okay," Snowkit swallowed her giggles. "We need to get an elder's attention. Can you do that? I don't know that I can stop laughing."
Duskkit came up to the elders (who will remain unnamed) "Hey can you tell us a story?" Duskkit asked with sparkling eyes. As the elders started to tell a story she slid her tail across the den to snowkit. "grab it!" She whispered to snowkit.
Old February 19th, 2024, 01:06 PM
My element is water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondapple View Post
Duskkit came up to the elders (who will remain unnamed) "Hey can you tell us a story?" Duskkit asked with sparkling eyes. As the elders started to tell a story she slid her tail across the den to snowkit. "grab it!" She whispered to snowkit.
Snowkit grabbed the rock then inserted into some bedding.
Old February 19th, 2024, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wispwillow View Post
Snowkit grabbed the rock then inserted into some bedding.
Duskkit rean out of the elders den and into the clearing and waited for snowkit.