Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
[300000kk prize!]...
Last post by glitch
Today 09:33 AM
Good as New - [SHC event]
by Myling
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 09:26 AM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by paris
Today 09:23 AM
Scars soaked in a Honey...
Last post by Aroogi
Today 09:22 AM

Old March 15th, 2023, 09:01 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: Mossy Lookout [Enforcers Only]

( @Ravensong @TheNyanCatMinecart so I figured Dawn would just naturally grab Elm and Ivy on her way out, but I can edit my post if there are any problems with it) @Cherry~ @NinjaBloss @perseus. @Rose @daenerys

So, this place seemed rather dangerous to be considering the Enforcers' meeting place. Thankfully, she enjoyed courting danger almost as much as playing with chaos. The leader glanced down at the brambles lining the sides of the fallen tree with interest and then continued on her way across the wooden bridge so as to not hold up either medicine cat. Dawnstar had more or less barged into the medicine den and demanded Elmshadow and Ivysnake come with her without explaining where they'd be going. She had told her Enforcers at the last meeting to expect her to call them together to discuss more about ThunderClan, she just forget to add when. Welp, tonight would be that night.

Leaping off the trunk, she landed on the large bolder and naturally made her way as close to the center as possible and took a seat there, enjoying the mossy cushion underneath her. It was kinda like being on the Shadowledge, just with water. Dawnstar waited for the medicine cats and the rest of the enforcers to gather around her before she started barking at them all. She didn't bother with repeating why they were all gathered here, she assumed all the cats currently before her had brains that made them more competent than the average warriors and dumbasses that Dawnstar was stuck dealing with. So the Queen simply jumped into the discussion starting with Shadowfur and the events.

"Shadowfur, you said you wanted to host an event for battle. You can host it, I was planning to do one anyway, and it's no fur off my back if you want to do it. However, if you really want to hold a battle refresher, I want their claws out. In a real battle, claws are unsheathed, fangs are bared, and pain is never absent. Of course, no severe damage should be done, but a few scratches isn't going to kill anyone or put them out of work."

The leader turned her head to look at the medicine cats. "Also, it might be a good idea to see if one of you can stick around for the event. Those in battle should learn how to take care of minor injuries, just knowing how to properly apply cobwebs and stem bleeding could potentially save a life. I don't see the point in teaching them about too many herbs, I believe keeping a cat alive long enough to be treated by one of you should suffice unless you think otherwise." Dawnstar gave both Elmshadow and Ivysnake a chance to throw something different at her paws. As hot-tempered, and controlling as Dawnstar was, she was not above taking advice or hearing out those who speak so long as some merit and actual thought was put into anything said against or in addition to her initial plans.

"Since our goal is to move into ThunderClan's territory and steal a landmark, I think it might be a good idea to host a training event in the Icy Heartlands, the terrain is similar to ThunderClan's, and focused on ambushing. ThunderClan's territory isn't nearly as densely shadowed as ours, and they'll have the home advantage should they decide to fight us over it. Setting up ambushes might give us an unexpected edge necessary to even out that advantage. Mirehound, you said you planned to host an event focused on silent communication. I think that could go paw in paw with the ambushing tactic."

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old March 15th, 2023, 10:53 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Wearing the shadows like a second pelt, Mirehound followed closely behind Dawnstar as the massive leader had made her way out of ShadowClans' camp, through their territory, and to this... rather treacherous part of land. Blue eyes surveyed the sheer drop offs to the stream below but her lean muscles held no hesitation in leaping onto the fallen tree. Claws gripped the bark and with a swift pace that showcased her agile balance, the shadow incarnate cleared the bridge without difficulty and landed soundlessly on the other side. Springy moss underpaw had her glancing down for a brief moment before she moved to take a spot near the Queen.

Head up and ears attentive, the newest Enforcer listened quietly as Dawnstar launched into the topics. First up was her former mentor hosting a battle event - not surprising in the least. Claws would be out of course, as they were in all fighting events in ShadowClan. As it always was, it would be a good opportunity to sharpen skills and perhaps learn a move or two she hadn't known about beforehand. Participation would likely net her a way to release a bit of steam too; not that she would ever scar another Clanmate on purpose? But boxing a few of them over the ears, specifically the mouse-brains who thought it wise to yip and yap and complain about every little thing? It almost had her purring at the thought.

Learning the essentials for herbs was of interest, and Mirehound gave a nod in agreement. "I would have an interest in learning that. The basic herbs, at least." Flashes of the border skirmish reared in her mind but were kept heavily guarded from her expression. Perhaps if that had been a known trait among any of them, they wouldn't have lost so many cats. It was silly to think such things though, especially since they were in the past and there was nothing. All she wanted to focus on know was making sure she was equipped with such knowledge to hopefully aide in preventing more loss in the future.

Next topic was the discussion of fighting in the Icy Heartlands. It would be similar to ThunderClan terrain and might work well as a spot for her event. To that point it seemed her and their Queen shared similar thoughts. Mirehound had also been working on her tree climbing as much as she could before the battle, and hoped that despite not being a master at it yet, her basic skillset would aide her enough in setting up potential tree ambushes. She gave a nod of agreement to Dawnstar, having no issue with combining the two. "What about ambushes from trees? ThunderClan wouldn't ever guess that ShadowClan cats know how to climb. It likely can't be taught to the level of expertness that our forested neighbors possess, but I doubt they would expect us to drop down from anywhere above them. Especially if we struck on a moonless night."

Turning to speak to all of the Enforcers now, the shadow added, "It's not too difficult to learn, and we don't need to climb up high. The trees in ThunderClan are thicker than the pines here and provide more foliage to conceal ourselves in. If we aim at combining this knowledge with communicating silently, we stand a better chance at catching them off-guard and gaining the upper paw quickly, like you said." Looking back to Dawnstar, Mirehound nodded once. "I know Slytiger is able to climb, or at least knows how to. Perhaps I can have him co-host my event so we can work on intertwining the two."

There wasn't much else she had to add at the moment, so Mirehound glanced around at her fellow Enforcers as she awaited other thoughts. Regardless of whatever transpired at the inevitable battle for land, the shadow knew one thing to be certain; the cats in ThunderClan were sheep. Was ShadowClan? No, they were wolves. They would be wolves. Hungry for retribution and seeking payment in full. Because if even one wolf was left alive, the sheep were never safe. She had been left alive in the border skirmish; soon enough, her claws would get the vengeance they sought.

A certain flame flickered in the depths of the Enforcers' chest, fanning the ever-growing darkness she felt wrapping like eerie tendrils around her. Not that she knew it on a subconscious level, at least not yet. For now she kept her neutral, yet thoughtful expression and awaited others comments and thoughts.

[ @Undertaker @Cherry~ @NinjaBloss @perseus. @Rose @daenerys @TheNyanCatMinecart @Ravensong ]

Last edited by taillow; March 16th, 2023 at 12:53 AM.
Old March 16th, 2023, 12:10 AM
i'm back!! & amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

☄. *. ⋆ Sorrelflare
The russet cat had quickly followed after Dawnstar, xe had knew this meeting was going to happen so they had simply done duties and had just followed the Shadow Queen out of the camp and into the Mossy Lookout. He followed after Mirehound, ears twitching as he took a seat and wrapped his tail around his paws, standing up tall as he silently listened to everything Dawnstar had to say.

He nodded at the thought of learning the basics of herbs and healing, "I would as well, having that knowledge will be helpful." His ear twitched slightly as he listened to Mirehound's idea and he blinked, it seems they have had similar thoughts, he spoke confidently a few moments after Mirehound, so if anyone had any thoughts they could speak up.

"I think we should add tree climbing as a skill that apprentices must be taught. I feel like it's a skill that isn't brought up in training but if we enforce it in the training of the future Shadowclan warriors, we can become even more dangerous when attacking. Being able to ambush from above and from the shadows will make us stronger." Once he was done speaking he had gone quiet, though kept his face blank but he silently waited for the responses of his fellow Enforcers, but also the medicine cats and the Queen of Shadows herself.
[ @Undertaker @Cherry~ @NinjaBloss @Rose @daenerys @TheNyanCatMinecart @Ravensong ]

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old March 16th, 2023, 02:01 AM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Shadowfur followed the other Enforcers closely as they headed for the Mossy Lookout. It felt like it was only yesterday that they were here last, discussing the issues of Willowpaw and extra border patrols.

He took a seat in between Mirehound and Sorrelflare. He felt somewhat awkward being so close to his former apprentice, given the inexplicable rise in tension between them as of recent. Well, not totally inexplicable. She definitely didn’t appreciate him dragging her to Dawnstar’s den over the bad prey, but what else did she expect him to do?

Nothing specific had really happened to make Shadowfur feel as if things were worsening between them. It was just… a feeling. Like a stone pressing down on his chest.

He focused on Dawnstar’s words to take his mind off of this issue. He nodded as she brought up his idea of doing a battle session. Claws unsheathed: a policy he wasn’t a fan of, as he saw it as a pointless waste of herbs. His ears perked at the suggestion that everyone learn some herb knowledge; that made a lot of sense.

Mirehound and Sorrelflare launched into their own thoughts before he could say anything. Mirehound suggested that ShadowClan train in trees, which earned a curt nod of approval from him. It was a smart, out-of-the-den idea that could give them an edge over their enemy in foreign territory. I’m glad you still remember how to think like a proper warrior.

Sorrelflare suggested that they incorporate tree climbing into the regular training curriculum for apprentices, which Shadowfur wasn’t a huge fan of. To him, it felt like that would be blending ThunderClan’s way of life with ShadowClan’s to too great of an extent.

Glancing towards Dawnstar, he said, “I’ll begin making plans for the battle session right away. I’ll be sure to have claws unsheathed; any cat who takes it too far will be swiftly addressed.” He glanced around at his peers. “I’d like to have a couple of you to help me with the event. Mirehound, you already offered to help. If you’re still interested, I’ll take you.”

Once that matter had been settled, he turned his attention to the tree climbing issue. “I agree that tree climbing would be an excellent addition to our strategy. I think it could be an interesting thing to add to the regular apprentice curriculum, but I don’t think it should be a priority. There’s more important skills for apprentices to learn first; perhaps it can be a late-stage lesson for them.”

Curling his tail around his paws, he dove into his own thoughts. “I spoke with an apprentice at the Gathering. I coaxed some interesting information out of him: Sunkissed Creek seems to be a landmark of great significance to ThunderClan. It’s a favorite among many of their cats, and it’s a popular hunting spot. It’s a decent ways from both the camp and the borders, making me think it’s a feasible spot for us to take. It would be a good lesson for ThunderClan that we aren’t to be messed with.

“In addition, apparently their new leader has been suffering from some emotional problems as of late, and has been a ‘bit of a mess’. It’s not surprising, but instability in ThunderClan’s high ranks could mean they’re not going to come into this prepared at all.”

He did have one more idea to share, but he decided to wait for others to speak on what he’d just said, and on their own ideas.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; March 16th, 2023 at 02:01 AM.
Old March 16th, 2023, 12:47 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Larkfire
She/Her

Keen, amber hues of fire had watched Dawnstar as the colossal leader had left her den to take Elmshadow and Ivysnake on an abrupt hunt, or whatever it was they were doing. However, when she spotted three of ShadowClan's Enforcers slink after the Shadow Queen, naturally Lark recognized the meaning behind it and left camp as well.

The walk to Mossy Lookout did not take too much time, and before long she had found a place to settle beside Sorrelflare, a quiet hint of mirth dancing behind her eyes as she recognized the other former apprentice-mentor pair there was now. Hm, she'd still have to congratulate Mirehound on that.

Head tipping to the side, pointed ears flicking as Dawnstar began speaking, Larkfire mentally took a note of all that was being said. A mock battle event, held by Shadowfur. She would participate in that, though she saw both reason and other in the claws out part. Larkfire knew ShadowClan ran this way, claws out and all, so now all she could hope was for no major injuries to be sustained, lest Elmshadow and Ivysnake have to waste precious herbs. Her worrying had been for naught, however, for Dawnstar's next words were to state that no major injuries should be sustained. Anything severe was to be out of bounds, that was good.

Feathery tail swishing, Larkfire maintained her silence as the medicine cats were addressed next, and Mirehound's and Sorrelflare's voice sounded from the ranks beside her, affirming their intentions to seek knowledge on herbs. "As would I." She added to their statements, inclining her head. "Even minimal herb knowledge would do wonders."

After having said this, Lark shifted her gaze towards Shadowfur, silently taking in his input and storing it to the recesses of her mind for future use. For now, she had nothing else to say.

[ @Undertaker - Dawnstar / @Cherry~ - Shadowfur / @NinjaBloss - Vixensnarl / @perseus. - Sorrelflare / @daenerys - Mirehound / @TheNyanCatMinecart - Ivysnake / @Ravensong - Elmshadow & Cougarivy ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old March 16th, 2023, 08:08 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Vixensnarl
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝
Shadowfur's Meeting

The dark-pawed tabby listened as Shadowfur explained why they were there, a sneer curling on her lip at the mention of Willowpaw's murder. Whoever did this would pay. Taking one of ShadowClan's youths in the middle of their own territory was unacceptable. Opinions were given, and Vixensnarl took note of Shadowfur's proposition about patrols and Sorrelflare's event seeing as Larkfire had Deadwish covered.

"The extra patrols are a good idea. It also wouldn't hurt to use our privilege to go out alone and scout through the territory while remaining hidden. If there are any traitors going out alone they'll be easy to catch, and outsiders easy to sneak up on," she explained, pausing to lick a paw and drag it over her ears before continuing.

"Sorrelflare, your idea for more battle training is good. I can help you run the event if you need an extra set of paws."

@Cherry~ @Rose @perseus. @Ravensong

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Vixensnarl
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝
Dawnstar's Meeting

The Enforcer easily made her way across the log, sparing the brambles only a brief glance. She settled into an open spot and curled her tail around her paws, waiting as everyone else settled in. Vixensnarl listened closely as Dawnstar spoke, already knowing the reason they were called here for. Various offers were given, the one about climbing trees particularly catching her interest. "Tree climbing isn't a bad idea, but we'd have to find somewhere where the branches are low enough. Most pines in our territory have branches at the very top which are inaccessible. Other than that, I think it's good skill to learn, as well as the basic herbs."

Vixensnarl lifted a hind paw to scratch under her chin and then giving herself a quick shake before speaking once more. "Sunkissed Creek sounds feasible. Perhaps some of us could scout at night? I remember some of ThunderClan's territory from when we took them over last new-leaf. Ivysnake and Orchidmoon might also, as well as the others. If we did, it would be best if there were only two or three of us who went at night with our scents disguised. We could be in and out before ThunderClan even realizes someone was there. It would give us an edge if we knew the best spots to set up for an ambush and knowledge of the terrain beforepaw."

@Undertaker @TheNyanCatMinecart @daenerys

Last edited by Ian; March 16th, 2023 at 08:08 PM.
Old March 17th, 2023, 01:13 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Elmshadow**
@Undertaker @Cherry~ @NinjaBloss @perseus. @Rose @daenerys @TheNyanCatMinecart

The dark tom padded evenly after the massive leader. Other than the few lingering cases he had to address, he hadn't been too busy when Dawnstar had entered the den and demanded he and Ivysnake follow. She hadn't said where they were going or why but Elmshadow's mind remained blank beyond the order for him to follow the shadowed queen. He moved with efficient purpose through the forest until she stopped and leapt atop a large downed log. He blinked then followed unquestioningly. The log led over brambles and a steep creek and then Dawnstar dismounted onto a large, mossy boulder. Elmshadow looked around blandly then took a seat across from Dawnstar's position in the center of the boulder.

Shadowfur was given permission to host a battle event. Elmshadow listened silently as he put the pieces together. After the border skirmish with Thunderclan and now the increased interest in battle training, it was made quickly apparent that at least part of this meeting was regarding Thunderclan and retribution. The idea that Dawnstar even had to mention the training being claws unsheathed felt concerning. There was little use in training with claws sheathed. The heat of battle should not be clouded over by having to think about unsheathing one's claws, it should simply be second nature. He nodded once in acknowledgement as Dawnstar addressed Ivysnake and himself about attending the event in order to teach some minor life-saving treatments. Cobwebs and learning how to manipulate them effectively would be top of that list though burnet and oak leaves and even possibly stinging nettle crossed his mind as well. He glanced at Ivysnake. If she wanted to oversee the event, he'd go over with her some of his thoughts at a later point, otherwise he was sure he could find the time to join the event. He was more confident now that the medicine cat apprentice was using her time wisely and, as such, if she chose to prioritize something other than the event, he was sure it'd be worth it.

He sat idly back as he listened to Dawnstar go into other events and silent communication and moved his gaze levelly around as the enforcers began voicing their input but decided against offering any of his own until he got the full gist of everything going on.

**Cougarivy**

The mottled she-cat had been in the medicine cat's den when Dawnstar barged in and summoned the two medicine cats. She'd smiled and followed, noticing quickly the link between Dawnstar's curt mood and the enforcer meeting she'd referred to during the last clan meeting. Keeping her slight smile, she trotted bouncily after her mate and leader, out into the territory and then out onto the log that led to the mossy boulder across the rocky creek. When Dawnstar took a seat in the center, Cougarivy moved beside Elmshadow and sat down near his flank. She lifted her chin high, eager to let her ranked mate see her in her element. As Dawnstar started, the little she-cat's attention focused in on the massive queen. A claws-unsheathed battle training prompted her claws to slide out of their sheaths and scrape over the moss-covered rock. Ambush work and silent communication were intriguing, even more so as the promise of an impending battle filled the air around them. Planning ambushes and stealing a landmark. They'd have to decide on a landmark and then scout the area. Scouting the area before felt natural but it was too risky and unproductive to try scouting the entirety of the squirrels' territory for one feasible landmark. However, if they found a way to locate a landmark they'd have a much smaller area that'd need scouting out. She tried to remember back to when she'd lived in Thunderclan's territory for the coup to remember any specific pieces that felt worth the steal, either for Shadowclan's benefit or to provoke Thunderclan.

Her blue eyes moved to Mirehound as the newest enforcer started in on the conversation first. Shadowclan ambushing Thunderclan from the trees didn't feel right, though Cougarivy wasn't helpless in a tree, she'd actually done quite well for herself in climbing, catching onto the skill rather easily with her small, agile nature. But Shadowclan was known for their stealth, could they do the same in the Thunderclan's element in the tree branches? She cocked her mottled head in thought before positing, "I think ambushing from trees could give us away, actually. It seems like a good idea but Shadowclanners train their whole lives to be stealthy and all that on the ground. To climb trees isn't necessarily hard but it's something different to also be quiet and stealthy while in the trees. I think it's too risky to try to train a whole battle patrol first how to move around in the trees and then also how to be as stealthy as Shadowclan is known for." Her smile spread back over her face. She considered back to one of the original ideas posed at the inception of the enforcer rank, the idea that the enforcers should be versed in all of the different clans' strengths. "Buuuut we can train a smaller group and use it as a diversion technique. Say we use our given stealth to get into the territory, a few of us climb trees while the rest stay on the ground. Either we attack first from the trees and make them think we're all in the trees or we attack on ground first and then also surprise them from the trees. However we want to do the actual battle thing, I think there's less room for error if we stick to just a few of us in the trees." In a similar vein, Sorrelflare brought up adding tree climbing to the apprentices' normal training. She wrinkled her nose slightly, "What good does all that tree climbing do in a forest where the trees don't hardly overlap? It seems like a waste of time to me unless the apprentice is wanting or naturally gifted."

She turned her attention to Shadowfur when he began talking. She smiled and flicked her tail, "I can help with the battle training if you'd like." Then he said something really interesting. Sunkissed Creek, he'd coaxed information out of an apprentice at the Gathering, how resourceful, she giggled inwardly, though she did wonder exactly how he'd gotten such information from an apprentice and how accurate that information was. Young cats tended to believe everything that was important to them was important to everybody; so who was to say if this Sunkissed Creek wasn't just a special place to this apprentice and thus they were inclined to call in a treasured landmark? Nevertheless, Cougarivy didn't much care to squabble or get to the truth about a particularly valued landmark as much as she did taking something from the clan and hopefully getting her thrills in. She giggled at his last statements, "Thunderclan's leadership being unstable is hardly news. But even still, don't underestimate them, not that they've ever given me any reason to not but like expect the unexpected and all that, be prepared for anything."

Vixensnarl shared a similar view about Sunkissed Creek and her suggestion about scouting the territory brought another slight head cock from Ccougarivy. Vixensnarl had echoed a similar thought she'd already had about scouting and the little she-cat liked the other enforcer's ideas on it. It'd make the most sense to send in enforcers for the task or possibly cats who'd already been in Thunderclan territory before, as it seemed that was exactly what Vixensnarl was suggesting. "At least edge enough to not be at such a disadvantage. I like it, though we'd have to be careful. Any scent of Shadowclan left behind could tip 'em off and mess up the advantage of the ambush. But last time they simply let us walk right into their camp so a well-done stealth scouting mission seems nearly impossible to fail with Thunderclan."

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing

Last edited by Pitou; March 17th, 2023 at 01:13 AM.
Old March 17th, 2023, 07:58 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

~ IVYSNAKE OF SHADOWCLAN ~

Tall, angular, dark brown she-cat with distinctive ivy-like black stripes and piercing amber eyes.

Just behind Dawnstar and Elmshadow, a slender shape slid across the felled tree trunk, its dark brown pelt blending into the bark of the same color and the distinctive black stripes giving the illusion of shifting ivy vines. Ivysnake was walking casually, but she exuberated the deadly grace of a poisonous adder, her developing muscles sliding beneath her short fur with every step. Sharp amber eyes shifted left and right, taking in the terrain as they flashed noticeably in the newleaf sunlight. Dawnstar hadn't explained where they were being taken, but it wasn't Ivysnake's place to question. Dawnstar was the glorious leader, and Ivysnake was sure she and Elmshadow find out soon enough. I've never been here before. She stepped gracefully to avoid the intruding brambles that occasionally poked a little too close to the edges of the pine trunk, and her long tail lifted into the air so it didn't drag. Why is Dawnstar taking us here? Was it a private gathering place that Dawnstar used for special conversations, or was it simply a place in the territory where they wouldn't be overheard?

It was quite perilous. The clutching brambles, crushed brambles, rocky creek... Not that Ivysnake minded. Due to moons spent practicing the skill, she knew how to keep her balance, and she was sure even a young apprentice could make this walk. The fall was what made it dangerous. If a cat slipped or lost their wits, she could foresee many outcomes that would send them to the medicine cats' den - or Moonlit Grove. Our warriors should be skilled enough, she thought with a casual flick of an ear. If they couldn't keep their balance or risk a walk, they'd be throwing their credibility as warriors into jeopardy.

A muted thump sounded as the colossal, heavily muscled form of Dawnstar jumped onto a flat-topped boulder. Elmshadow was next, and Ivysnake followed, leaping lightly; her paws landed in the soft moss without a sound. This was why it was muted, she noted as she felt the downy material beneath her. This would make a good addition to the herb stores, but she wasn't going to collect any. She wasn't sure if Dawnstar wanted the area disturbed. Curiously, Ivysnake tasted the air. ShadowClan scent hung here - there had been other cats hanging around not long ago, and one of them was Vixensnarl. She also recognized the odor of Cougarivy; she'd grown accustomed to the mottled black-and-white she-cat's scent because of the time she spent hanging around Elmshadow. Both scents belong to Enforcers. Ivysnake studied the area with added interest. Water flowing over stones hummed in her ears; a sun hinting at the oncoming warmth of newleaf soaked into her thick pelt. It was difficult to get here, and the surrounding areas were dense with difficulties, but the boulder felt bright and exposed. It's still secluded. Dawnstar must use this place to meet with the high-ranking cats of the Clan. Ivysnake's paws tingled. To get on such good terms with the glorious leader and get a position both in her family and in the high ranks... It was everything she'd dreamed of as a kit even if she hadn't expected to become a medicine cat.

The tall tabby she-cat sat, curling her tail over her paws. Curiosity and seriousness were the only things that showed on her face as she took in the area and looked at Dawnstar. Her attention was quickly taken, however, by the cats who came streaming in after she, Elmshadow, and Dawnstar arrived. The first was Mirehound, the newest Enforcer who had been announced at the meeting after ThunderClan's provocative attack. Ivysnake had tried to pay attention to Dawnstar's words while dedicating her all to the injured. It was good that she absorbed information well; it hadn't been difficult multitasking. She didn't know a lot about Mirehound, but the Enforcer had proved herself to Dawnstar, and she seemed like a good warrior. Ivysnake dipped her angular head to the pitch-black rosetted she-cat as she took a seat near Dawnstar.

Next was Sorrelflare, Shadowfur, Larkfire, Vixensnarl, then Cougarivy, who hadn't been far on Ivysnake and Elmshadow's heels. Ivysnake stayed where she was, but she gave Vixensnarl, her companion in the Dawnstar family and platonic mate, a quick nod. She hadn't been able to talk with the dark-pawed tabby she-cat in a while, but she hoped they'd be able to do more together soon, especially with the looming conflicts with ThunderClan and their new leader. All Enforcers, Ivysnake confirmed as she lifted her gaze from Vixensnarl and scanned the gathered cats. She'd gotten the gist that they were coming, too, as they fell into step not far behind the leader and medicine cats. Cougarivy was looking especially smug, she noted. The Enforcers clearly knew about this meeting place - except for Mirehound, who Ivysnake noticed was looking around as if it was her first time here.

The instant Dawnstar began speaking, the medicine cat apprentice's attention honed in on her. Her gaze drew intent; her ears pricked and angled forward; her neck craned toward the leader ever-so-slightly. A battle event. Claws unsheathed. Ivysnake liked that idea. Would she and Elmshadow participate to hone their warrior skills? Dawnstar suggested that one of them stick around to teach basic herb knowledge, but surely they weren't here just for that. No matter what we're assigned to do, I'll obey. It's important. A feeling of purpose ran through Ivysnake, and a worm of excitement wriggled in her belly as Dawnstar added plans to take action against ThunderClan. Her claws flexed in and out, flashing against the fuzzy moss covering the boulder as the sun refracted off of them. Silent communication. Ivysnake's attention turned toward Mirehound, her head cocking to the side slightly. Her mind flew to Centipedepaw and Cowtuft, who used paw signs. Their sign language was different, but it might aid in the suggested "silent communication."

The Enforcers spoke up, and Ivysnake listened. They agreed with learning basic herbs, which made sense; it would only enhance their skills and survival abilities. Mirehound had great contributions. The idea of tree-climbing and communicating silently would give ShadowClan an advantage against their enemies. Sorrelflare backed this up, suggesting adding tree-climbing to every apprentice's curriculum. Having additional knowledge of each Clan's terrain would improve ShadowClan's battle skills, though when the conflict ended, they didn't want to force potentially unnecessary skills onto their youth. They were ShadowClan, not ThunderClan. Still, she saw its benefits. Ivysnake nodded to herself and continued to listen to the ideas the Enforcers threw out. Shadowfur wanted cats to aid him in the battle event; the medicine cat apprentice had to bite back her instinctive volunteering. She wanted to participate, but she didn't have time in her schedule. He also added his own take on the tree-climbing issue, which she agreed with.

Oh? Ivysnake leaned forward a little, a curious gleam in her eye despite her strict, albeit intrigued, expression. So, Shadowfur had gotten one of the mice to talk? An unstable leader. Her lip curled slightly with scorn. That wasn't surprising. ThunderClan was a mess, wasn't it? All the more fun for us to mess with, she reminded herself, curling her claws into the cushiony moss beneath her. Larkfire didn't have much to say on the matter, but Vixensnarl offered some intellectual input. Ivysnake gave her platonic mate a nod of approval. A good discussion was happening all around. Cougarivy contributed, too, surprisingly offering criticism on the tree-climbing idea - Ivysnake would've thought the little, agile, bloodthirsty Enforcer would be all for dropping out of trees onto their enemies - but she brought up some good points for discussion. She was right: ShadowClan didn't belong in trees. But with enough practice, they could get decent enough at it to use it against the squirrels.

Cougarivy provided a solution as well as her disapproval of making tree-climbing a part of every apprentice's curriculum. She closed her thoughts off with some notes on the other Enforcers' ideas. All Ivysnake could hear was well-thought-out, competent discussion. Planning for a battle, being around Dawnstar's elite, listening to those who actually dedicated their all to ShadowClan and behaved properly... it stirred something within Ivysnake. Excitement. Purpose. Stronger than before. For so long, she'd felt fed up listening to all the idiotic frog-brains groaning, complaining, and saying the most outlandish nonsense. But here, that was non-existent. This is how ShadowClan should be. How it should always have been. Ivysnake straightened her posture. These emotions played within her as she kept her expression serious, but there was no missing the gleam in her eyes.

All she wanted to do was join in on the conversation with her opinions on the matter. However, she had to address something else first. Medicine cat duties came before warrior obligations. Ivysnake turned toward Elmshadow and Dawnstar to address the leader's question. Her mentor had nodded, and she did as well. "I'd be glad to oversee the event, although Elmshadow and I can decide on who's the most available when the time comes." She glanced at the dark-gray-and-black tom to see if he had any more input, then swept her gaze over the Enforcers and their glorious leader.

"I like the ideas of tree-climbing, although when it comes to adding it into our apprentices' curriculum, I don't think it should be prioritized - at least, not when we're not fighting ThunderClan. However, I think every apprentice should have a basic lesson on the other Clans' fighting styles and how to adapt to different terrains. We're bound to fight the others at some point, so our apprentices should be prepared. Vixensnarl's idea of scouting the territory would also be beneficial. Those who remember the way through their territory best should go if we end up sending out a patrol." She looked at Vixensnarl. "I have a decent memory of their territory, but if we did take this course of action, I'm not sure if I'd be able to attend. There is much to do in the medicine den, especially with the fresh injuries of the war. There are others who remember the way." Her tail flicked. Ivysnake had a fantastic memory despite how long ago the ThunderClan takeover was, and she wanted to help in any way possible. However, her medicine cat duties came first.

But still.

The dark brown tabby moved her gaze to Dawnstar. "I take my duties as a medicine cat seriously. However, if I am needed for any warrior-related activities..." She flexed her claws once more. "I will be willing to fulfill them."

@Undertaker @daenerys @perseus. @Cherry~ @Rose @NinjaBloss @Ravensong

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old March 19th, 2023, 10:59 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@daenerys @perseus. @Cherry~ @Rose @NinjaBloss @Ravensong @TheNyanCatMinecart

With everyone here and settled noise quickly began filling the area as everyone began voicing their thoughts and opinions. It seemed like all the Enforcers were in agreement about learning some herbs, Dawnstar hadn't spoken the idea in direct regard to them. Still, she couldn't see how learning some basic medical training would be harmful. If the medicine cats had time and Enforcers wanted to learn, so be it.

As Mirehound brought up ambushing from the trees, Dawnstar listened to everyone else thoughts before determining her own. Cougarivy's brought the most feedback. She wasn't big on Sorrelflare's plan to prioritize tree climbing, yes, it was a useful skill, but they were called ShadowClan for a reason. Although, she supposed she could make it work somehow. Dawnstar enjoyed picking up different skills herself, she didn't use tree climbing in day-to-day life, but it was still nice to know.

"I like Cougarivy's plan, training a small unit of cats to ambush from the trees would be better than relying on a full-on ambush from the trees. Having them attack first then having the ground teams attacking after while they're looking up would be a nice surprise." Dawnstar could see too many problems arising if she put too many patrols in trees. Using them more as a distraction than relying on them sounded like the way to go.

"I don't mind if apprentices want to learn extra skills, such as fishing, swimming, tree climbing, or whatever, but as Ivysnake pointed out, it's not something we should prioritize. After they learn how to night hunt and move through the shadows silently, then they can pick up another lesson. But if they can't learn how to be a proper ShadowClan warrior I don't see the point in teaching beyond our basic curriculum." Dawnstar told Sorrelflare not outright saying no to his idea, but obviously, she had no intention of telling their apprentices to learn how to climb trees.

The Queen left Shadowfur to sort out what he wanted to be done with the event, paying little mind to it. Her attention was piqued when he brought up Sunkissed Creek. Dawnstar hadn't bothered paying much attention to ThunderClan's landmarks when she was there. She had been far too busy trying to get that stupid clan to stop blaming her for everything wrong with their Clan and do something for themselves. Learning that their new leader was under some stress was nothing new, as a few added ThunderClan and instability went together like leaf-bare and snow. Yet, considering how many warriors she lost because of ThunderClan's fleeting desire to steal, it'd be unwise to underestimate them.

Dawnstar's looked at one daughter when she brought up scouting and then at the other when she agreed with the idea yet did not actively volunteer to herself due to her med cat duties. She couldn't even be sour about Ivysnake lack of participation, she'd prefer Ivysnake prioritize being a medicine cat over a warrior. "If you're certain you recall the way, and won't be caught or leave any indication that we've been in their territory, then you can scout ahead with Orchidmoon. If you think you need a third member, then I trust you'll pick a clanmate that can keep up with you." The Queen told Vixensnarl with a flick of her ear. "You can come to report your findings to me once you're done."

With most of the important decisions out of the way, Dawnstar's thoughts drifted back to the group of cats who'd be ambushing from the trees. Aside from Slytiger, Dawnstar was trying to recall who else knew how to climb trees. Turning to Mirehound, Dawnstar told her. "Inform Slytiger he'll be aiding you with your event, it'll save us time if you two work together in teaching silent communication and tree climbing. I'll have Slytiger in charge of the group ambushing from the trees, have him select the best climbers from the event and we'll work from there."

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old March 22nd, 2023, 01:28 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

After Mirehound fell silent, she kept her ears perked to listen to what her fellow Enforcers thought, or had to say. Sorrelflare brought up an interesting point in making tree climbing part of the regular curriculum. While a well-intended thought, the shadow wasn't sure she agreed. Part of advanced training absolutely, once they learned how to stalk silent as the dead of night and thrive like a true ShadowClan warrior. Still, she would pitch the idea to both Sedgepaw and Ravenpaw to see what her own two apprentices thought. Having them overprepared was better than lacking in any areas, as far as she was concerned.

Shadowfur's approving nod was caught out of the corner of her eye, and Mirehound turned her distinctive blue gaze upon her former mentor as he spoke. Though there was a subtly narrowing of her eyes, she regarded him with a neutral and thoughtful expression. She would never admit it out loud, but knowing that he saw the merit in her idea had satisfaction sparking her paws, like touching them to cool water after traveling over jagged rocks.

An ear flick and small nod was all she gave in response to his recruitment of her for his battle event. A small smile appeared on her face as she imagined testing out battle moves with the old grump. While it would be educational to the majority of ShadowClan, it would perhaps serve as an outlet for Mirehound. Her and Shadowfur had drifted apart a bit, and with the Gathering still fresh in her mind she found that it would be perhaps useful to put this energy somewhere.

Then came what the shadow had been expecting. The smile vanished from her face, she watched as her former mentor detailed his account of information extraction from an innocent youth. The territory landmark was new but not the stress the new leader was apparently struggling with - it was practically a prerequisite to become ThunderClan's leader. Part of her wished that this had been at least a cat of warrior in rank, but no. It had been an apprentice. A kid who hadn't known any better and fell for the way Shadowfur knew how to use his words.

Larkfire was next, and Mirehound was most intrigued by her. They had a sort of budding... friendship? She wasn't exactly sure what you would call it - acquaintances, at least. Being the youngest among the Enforcers perhaps granted them the gift of understanding, and from that bonding. She didn't have much to add outside of agreeing that learning herbs would be smart.

What intrigued her the most though was Vixensnarl. Blue eyes gleamed as she spoke of scouting ThunderClan territory. Dawnstar's brief (and ultimately futile) leadership of the Clan had been right after she was named a warrior. Night scouting was a brilliant idea, and Mirehound gave a single nod in agreement. Though the shadow had confidence in her ability to stalk through the still night air undetected, ThunderClan was unfamiliar to her. Best to leave it up to those who knew where they were setting their paws.

Cougarivy offered up a counter argument to ambushing from the trees, to which Mirehound listened intently. That was her main concern too, transferring the stealth they mastered on the ground up into the trees. She was confident that some cats could hold their own, but a majority of ShadowClan might stumble around like bumbling idiots - that, she did not want. But instead of just putting up a counterargument, the Commander did something that earned Mirehound's respect; offered a compromise that seemed even more beneficial than the other idea. "That could work," Mirehound mused in agreement, nodding along. It would work brilliant so long as it went off without a hitch.

Dawnstar's daughter spoke next, adding her opinion on tree climbing. It seemed most everyone was in agreement that while teaching and learning it would be useful, it should only be done as additional training. It was interesting, her being both the Clans' medicine cat and a skilled warrior. Mirehound recalled admiring her work ethic, though wasn't that huge of a fan of the way she seemed to anger easily. But who was the shadow to judge when she had gone off on Grapevine not even half a moon ago?

The Shadow Queen soon spoke her own thoughts, agreeing with both Cougarivy and Ivysnake. It seemed the investigative plans would be underway soon as well, with Vixensnarl and Orchidmoon taking the helm. Mirehound didn't feel the need to offer herself up for the patrol; she would be plenty busy assisting in Shadowfur's event as well as running her own with Slytiger.

Speaking of, the shadow nodded as Dawnstar tasked her and her co-host with intertwining their event and producing the ambushing group from it. "Of course. I'll get started on it at once," she promised, already thinking of how to approach it. The tom reminded her of Foggypaw in a way, with all his charisma and - nope. A dull ache in her head caused the memories to shatter into nothingness, though only a blink registered on her face.

There was one last thing she wanted to touch on, after giving more thought to the opinions on tree climbing. "If enough apprentices show interest at the end of their training, I would be open to offering these advanced lessons specifically in tree climbing. With it being taught after everything else, it wouldn't necessarily be a requirement but they would be going into warriorhood with at some knowledge of how to remain adaptable." She wasn't sure how well the next portion would go over, but offered it anyways. "Perhaps each of us," she cast her gaze around the Enforcers gathered, "could take on a specialized skill that ShadowClan does not naturally display - such as swimming, tree climbing, endurance - and offer these more advanced lessons for apprentices to have the option in partaking in once they complete all of the other necessary requirements."

For now there was nothing much more to add, seeing as plans were being made and advancements were on their way through. It felt nice to get through a meeting so smoothly - this was nothing like the usual forest fire meetings that she and the others had to endure when getting the rest of the Clan together.

[ @Undertaker @perseus. @Cherry~ @Rose @NinjaBloss @Ravensong @TheNyanCatMinecart ]