Last post by taillow
Yesterday 11:11 PM

Old August 14th, 2017, 01:45 PM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Her best friend. She means me. She means me! Badgerpaw was so excited he didn't even know what to do. For a moment he couldn't speak, and he just stood there before he gentle touched his nose to Lostpaw's ear. "I'll tell him." But there was no one to tell. Lostpaw loved him. She loved him. Or at least, she was interested in him - and was that the same thing? Maybe. Possibly. Badgerpaw's tail twitched and he swallowed just the slightest bit before he spoke again. "I love you." Strong words coming from a cat who wasn't very good at saying them. Strong words coming from the tom who had once been arrogant and stuck up and vain. Strong words coming from a feline who, previously, hadn't really cared about anyone but himself. Strong words coming from the apprentice who had met Lostpaw moons ago, and even from the first... he had appreciated her more then anyone else. Strong words coming from Badgerpaw, who had left moons ago. But he had meant every one of them.

They were just three words, three words that built someone up... and had torn apart hearts before. They could cause someone to be ecstatic or broken. Just three words, yet they were the hardest to say in any language. For Badgerpaw, anyways. Confessing love wasn't easy. It never would be. He knew he wanted to be with Lostpaw, but... he didn't know how. If you loved someone, you were as good as bonded to them, right? When they got old enough, they would be mates. Right? The thought had never crossed his mind that there might be other she cats or toms someday. That there could be other cats he would fall in love with, and other cats she would. He just didn't think about it because right now, his world was complete.

And whole. And full. That little hole that had been eating through his heart? It was gone. For the first time in a while, he felt whole and safe. He felt as though he were loved and cared for. And if Lostpaw thought she had feelings for him? He wasn't afraid anymore.
I love you.
He said it so easily, and as the words escaped him her heart nearly exploded and it was racing, as if trying to escape. She inhaled sharply, trying to gather her thoughts from those three words. She took in a deep breath, lashing her tail as twice.
"I love you too," she whispered the words, as if they would somehow ruin everything and tear them apart. But that's not what those words did, they brought two cats closer together and formed a tighter bond. They were meant to improve a relationship, not tear it apart. But ye, if said at the wrong time, those words would put a barrier between two cats that would be difficult to break down again.
Lostpaw's mind began to drift to random future events that they could share together. Perhaps, as warriors, they would become mates and then they would have kits. The she-cat couldn't imagine herself as a mother, but she knew someday it would be an exciting adventure that she would want to take. When she was younger she decided that she would either never be a mother, or she would be a better mother than her own. If she felt she couldn't be better, she would never have kits. She still had no idea if she could do it, and didn't want to overwork herself thinking about things that were far into the future.
There was no telling that they would end up having a future together. Anything could happen between now and then. It was a waiting game, and that was making the gray she-cat anxious.
Old August 14th, 2017, 02:27 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

The murky grounds made Chrysanthemumshade left a paw. When they finally arrived in Shadowclan just a few days ago, she was still getting used to the new surroundings. The new smells, scents, and everything. It was true that she wasn't near her pretty flowers any longer. Just the thought of them made the small feline want to cry. What if her pretty flowers got damaged in the flood? What if...they'll never grow back? Chrysanthemumshade padded on, trekking more so as she felt herself almost become overwhelmed with such sadness of the thought her flowers wouldn't be around. She couldn't sing to them, or talk to them. She couldn't do anything with them. "How long are we even going to be staying here?" She muttered, kicking a rock with a paw. She came out into the territory to hunt, but her mind became clouded with other thoughts. Even back in Shadowclan she knew she was a terrible Hunter-- but it never hurt to try...which she always did. She just sucked at it. Besides that, this was new territory. One that she wasn't used to. Her forest colored hues glanced around, the unpleasant scent of fish filling her nostrils. "Ugh." She grumbled, but could she complain? Her family was safe. Cloverwhisker and her kits were resting peacefully in the nursery, so that was good. She imagined Pufftuft was safe as well. So, that was good. "I guess...it wouldn't hurt to try." She mumbled, graciously setting one paw after the other as she dreaded the thought of hunting. When she appeared to be approaching a landing winged creature. A type of bird. She got into a low crouch, creeping forward. Oh, she hoped she would be able to land this meal...or, she would have to eat fish. Honestly, who would ever want to eat fish!?
@Mystical

Last edited by Brilliance; August 14th, 2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old August 14th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
The murky grounds made Chrysanthemumshade left a paw. When they finally arrived in Shadowclan just a few days ago, she was still getting used to the new surroundings. The new smells, scents, and everything. It was true that she wasn't near her pretty flowers any longer. Just the thought of them made the small feline want to cry. What if her pretty flowers got damaged in the flood? What if...they'll never grow back? Chrysanthemumshade padded on, trekking more so as she felt herself almost become overwhelmed with such sadness of the thought her flowers wouldn't be around. She couldn't sing to them, or talk to them. She couldn't do anything with them. "How long are we even going to be staying here?" She muttered, kicking a rock with a paw. She came out into the territory to hunt, but her mind became clouded with other thoughts. Even back in Shadowclan she knew she was a terrible Hunter-- but it never hurt to try...which she always did. She just sucked at it. Besides that, this was new territory. One that she wasn't used to. Her forest colored hues glanced around, the unpleasant scent of fish filling her nostrils. "Ugh." She grumbled, but could she complain? Her family was safe. Cloverwhisker and her kits were resting peacefully in the nursery, so that was good. She imagined Pufftuft was safe as well. So, that was good. "I guess...it wouldn't hurt to try." She mumbled, graciously setting one paw after the other as she dreaded the thought of hunting. When she appeared to be approaching a landing winged creature. A type of bird. She got into a low crouch, creeping forward. Oh, she hoped she would be able to land this meal...or, she would have to eat fish. Honestly, who would ever want to eat fish!?
@Mystical

Mudtuft was prowling silently through the forest, his Maine Coon paws making it easy for him to balance. Suddenly his gaze caught on a pretty silver gray she-cat. She must have been from his clan he concluded, as she seemed to be thinking of fish in disdain. Suddenly Mudtuft realized that molly was Chrysanthemumshade. A warrior around his age. The tom sat down silently, taking a moment to take in a few things about her. She was amusing, really, Mudtuft had to stifle a laugh. After a minute, he stepped out, hoping not to surprise her, and let out an amused purr. "Need some help?" he asked. Then, staying true to his flirtatious self he added, "Not that I doubt a pretty she-cat like you can catch a fish, or a mouse." he didn't say prey. No because she-cats should only catch small ground animals, and produce healthy kits. That's what his family had told him.
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:20 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

Mudtuft was prowling silently through the forest, his Maine Coon paws making it easy for him to balance. Suddenly his gaze caught on a pretty silver gray she-cat. She must have been from his clan he concluded, as she seemed to be thinking of fish in disdain. Suddenly Mudtuft realized that molly was Chrysanthemumshade. A warrior around his age. The tom sat down silently, taking a moment to take in a few things about her. She was amusing, really, Mudtuft had to stifle a laugh. After a minute, he stepped out, hoping not to surprise her, and let out an amused purr. "Need some help?" he asked. Then, staying true to his flirtatious self he added, "Not that I doubt a pretty she-cat like you can catch a fish, or a mouse." he didn't say prey. No because she-cats should only catch small ground animals, and produce healthy kits. That's what his family had told him.
Okay...when you hunt, don't make noise. Avoid obstacles. Avoid anything that makes noise. Keep your tail up. Maybe...can I do? Ugh! My tail is so fluffy though! I hate it! But, it's extremely soft...like a feather. I love it. But, I hate it. Now, I'm confused. What was I doing again? Chrysanthemumshade lifted herself from a hunting crouch. Her mind was in a frenzy. She didn't notice the other tom approaching her, and it made her jump slightly. But, cooled once she took a whiff of the family's or Shadowclan scent. Even though she been in Riverclan for a few days, she was still slightly untrusting towards the other cats. Yet, she wanted to impress anyone that wasn't from her clan. But, this cat-- Mudtuft was different. She seen him around every now and then, but she hardly tried to talk to him. Cats like him were bad news. Very bad news. And, now he was talking to her. Chrysanthemumshade looked up, tilting her head towards the tom. He asked if she needed help. Did she look like she needed help!? No--of course, she did! She was a terrible Hunter. She figured, he would actually help her. But, maybe, she just didn't feel like hunting. At his next words, the she cat began to roll her eyes. Ah, yup. How could she forget how much of a flirt he could be. "Ah, thank you for having faith in me," she giggled lightly. She couldn't catch a thing even if she tried. Multiple times she had. Multiple times, she failed. "I need the optimism, but hunting is probably not my...best suit." She looked away for a moment, then turned back to him, checking him over with her foresty hues. "But, sure, if you wanna help...you'll probably be doing most of the work anyway." She laughed. Toms like Mudtuft liked to flirt, She cats like Chrysanthemumshade? Played along for the praise, but honestly she would had liked to claw his ears off of he went too far.
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
(It really isXD)

Though Cloudstrike was still talking as Duskfeather mentioned that she preferred her short hair, she'd still paused to mew, "Yes, I'd imagine it gets cold in leafbare. But it must be pleasant in greenleaf." Her tangents went on and on and as Duskfeather said that her story seemed more of a fantasy, the molly shrugged, "Probably," she mewed without a hint of sarcasm in her voice, "but does it really matter? I've been told that before!" A smile crossed her maw. With as many thoughts as Cloudstrike had bouncing around in her skull, at least one of them would have to be that she wasn't exactly like other cats. Part of her knew that she was different, and calling it an active imagination was kind. The thoughts moved quickly, but that was one that stuck. Perhaps because every odd look brought it back to the surface. Due to this, she really appreciated the wording Duskfeather used.

Cloudstrike noted her companion's silence as she rambled about what nickname she should use, but thought nothing of it. She also noted that the stream was getting closer, and that there weren't any birds singing, and that clouds were starting to move away from the sun, and that fish must have a difficult time eating since they have such slippery fins. None of these things stayed at the forefront of her mind for longer than a moment, but somehow the nickname train of thought managed to reach completion. Cloudstrike was very proud of her nickname creation, but Duskfeather's suggestion made her pause. "You're right!" She purred, happy even though it wasn't what she'd originally decided on. "Dawn it is."

They'd reached the stream and Duskfeather had begun speaking. Cloudstrike heard every word, but was bounding into the water before her teacher had finished telling her not to worry. Perhaps it was the naivety, or perhaps her many thoughts left no room for fear but Cloudstrike never seemed to fear everything. She looked at everything with an open mind, including water despite having her camp just flooded. "This is fun!" She exclaimed, splashing about in the water. It was cold, but she didn't mind as much as she had earlier. Besides, the bog of Shadowclan territory had made her used to getting her paws wet. The water around her turned brown as the dried mud began to wash off, and her movement through the waves seemed to help remove the tougher bits until the long-furred warrior was almost clean.
At Cloudstrike's comment about the seasons, the sandy brown she-cat wouldn't say anything but would nod her head in total agreement because she was perfectly right. There was a reason Greenleaf was her favorite season and Leafbare was her least favorite and the white she-cat had just said it plain and simple. It wasn't very hard to realize that that was her reasoning behind her favorite season and least favorite season, but she still liked the fact that the she-cat said it. It was, in a way, pleasing to her ears to hear someone say her reasoning so clearly. Some cats thought of her as mysterious and weird, but Cloudstrike had just proved she was pretty normal and really not all that mysterious. A smile dawned on her lips for a moment before she was glancing back over at the other she-cat.
"No, it doesn't really matter. Sometimes fantasies are much nicer than reality anyways, so do go on and indulge yourself. Don't let me, or any other cat stop you." Meowed the Riverclan warrior kindly enough as her gaze went back to looking ahead as it had done several times before during their little trek to the stream.

Blinking as the Shadowclan cat went bounding into the water before she had even finished speaking, she would just huff out a breath and watch for a moment, letting herself trail off. Well I guess she isn't really scared of water like some cats are.
Clearing her throat the she-cat would take a much calmer approach to the entering of the stream and would simply stroll in, taking care to avoid the splashes of the white warrior whom she was supposed to be teaching. Flicking her ears she would watch Cloudstrike for a moment before padding out further into the deeper part of the stream, pushing off of the riverbed as it delved deeper to where her paws couldn't touch it. Swimming in place, she would turn around and fixate her gaze on her 'apprentice' again with a smile.
"It is pretty fun! You might even think it easy when you get the hang of it,
now come out into the deeper water. Now you don't seem the kind to scare easily, but I'll tell you it anyways. Don't freak out when your paws can't touch the bottom anymore, when you freak out, you start to flail, your head will go under and it'll just be a mess. The trick is to stay calm.
"

Swimming backwards a little bit, she would nod her head and wait for Cloudstrike to come out with her, being sure not to go too far out into the stream just in case the Shadowclan cat gets into trouble.
"You're going to have to keep your paws moving once you can't touch the bottom anymore, treat it.. As if you're walking in air. Your paws are going to push you along by moving the water and you can use your tail for steering." Explained the she-cat as she waited. Lazily small waves would make her bob up and down, but generally Duskfeather remained where she was in the water, measured, easy swats of her paws keeping her in place as the lazy current moved downstream. With the sun out, the water didn't seem too cold and really for Duskfeather, the water didn't pierce through her fur. Eating fish had it's advantages and the oils they provided definitely helped to keep the sting of cold from reaching her, something that unfortunately Cloudstrike would have to suffer.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Okay...when you hunt, don't make noise. Avoid obstacles. Avoid anything that makes noise. Keep your tail up. Maybe...can I do? Ugh! My tail is so fluffy though! I hate it! But, it's extremely soft...like a feather. I love it. But, I hate it. Now, I'm confused. What was I doing again? Chrysanthemumshade lifted herself from a hunting crouch. Her mind was in a frenzy. She didn't notice the other tom approaching her, and it made her jump slightly. But, cooled once she took a whiff of the family's or Shadowclan scent. Even though she been in Riverclan for a few days, she was still slightly untrusting towards the other cats. Yet, she wanted to impress anyone that wasn't from her clan. But, this cat-- Mudtuft was different. She seen him around every now and then, but she hardly tried to talk to him. Cats like him were bad news. Very bad news. And, now he was talking to her. Chrysanthemumshade looked up, tilting her head towards the tom. He asked if she needed help. Did she look like she needed help!? No--of course, she did! She was a terrible Hunter. She figured, he would actually help her. But, maybe, she just didn't feel like hunting. At his next words, the she cat began to roll her eyes. Ah, yup. How could she forget how much of a flirt he could be. "Ah, thank you for having faith in me," she giggled lightly. She couldn't catch a thing even if she tried. Multiple times she had. Multiple times, she failed. "I need the optimism, but hunting is probably not my...best suit." She looked away for a moment, then turned back to him, checking him over with her foresty hues. "But, sure, if you wanna help...you'll probably be doing most of the work anyway." She laughed. Toms like Mudtuft liked to flirt, She cats like Chrysanthemumshade? Played along for the praise, but honestly she would had liked to claw his ears off of he went too far.

Mudtuft nodded. He could tell. The molly didn't even seem to be focusing on hunting. Rather her mind seemed to be wondering. Classic. However, he had started the conversation, he needed to end it. Not quickly though. He was enjoying it. It was rather fun to flirt. Especially when he knew Chrysanthemumshade hated flirting. "In that case, I would give you a lesson," he started, taking a step closer. This was simple. "But you're not an apprentice. I wouldn't want to offend you." That was the truth, though if she did disagree with him, when he made a serious statement, well, lets just say he was ready. Mudtuft also made his voice innocent and sweet near the end, so that it sounded like he didn't really care to much. He did. But Mudtuft doesn't show.

Last edited by Cosmo; August 14th, 2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:59 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

Mudtuft nodded. He could tell. The molly didn't even seem to be focusing on hunting. Rather her mind seemed to be wondering. Classic. However, he had started the conversation, he needed to end it. Not quickly though. He was enjoying it. It was rather fun to flirt. Especially when he knew Chrysanthemumshade hated flirting. "In that case, I would give you a lesson," he started, taking a step closer. This was simple. "But you're not an apprentice. I wouldn't want to offend you." That was the truth, though if she did disagree with him, when he made a serious statement, well, lets just say he was ready. Mudtuft also made his voice innocent and sweet near the end, so that it sounded like he didn't really care to much. He did. But Mudtuft doesn't show.
Chrysanthemumshade gave the tom a peculiar look. Was he being...sincere? She didn't know, but with what happened when she was an apprentice with her mentor...she found herself not trusting any tom. On the other hand, her mother was plaguing her mind. Morphing it into something different. Impress every tom you come across, and they're sure to be trailing you like bear to its honey. Her eyes almost clouded over at the voice of her mother. Still haunting her, even beyond the grave. Chrysanthemumshade was confused as to why Mudtuft stepped closer to her, so on instinct she had stepped away. "A lesson?" She twitched her nose, blinking. As in a hunting lesson? That's something she rarely received with her own mentor. Her ears almost pinned to her head, but she continued to stare at him. "Offend me?" She repeated, almost laughing. Her mother's words had repeated in her head. Maybe, she would have a chance to impress him! Maybe...just maybe. Without the constant flirting acts and all since it made her uncomfortable but she adored getting praise...for some odd reason. "I could use a hunting lesson if you're up for it," she replied, stepping past him for a moment, the tips of her fur brushing his own. It was okay to flirt a little bit. Because in that way she was impressing him. Because, didn't he like that? And, if he liked that...then, he liked her! And, her mother? Proud... Her mother would be proud that she's feeding upon another cat's interest to obtain some praise. "Though I'll tell you now, I'm pretty-- untrainable." She laughed once more. In a way it was true. Blame it on her mentor who seen her as more of a lover than an apprentice, so she rarely got to learn the inmportance of anything. But, that was a secret no one knew. "So, you'll have to work extra-extra hard." She shrugged at him, but brushed her tail to her side as she moved on.
Old August 14th, 2017, 04:08 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
At Cloudstrike's comment about the seasons, the sandy brown she-cat wouldn't say anything but would nod her head in total agreement because she was perfectly right. There was a reason Greenleaf was her favorite season and Leafbare was her least favorite and the white she-cat had just said it plain and simple. It wasn't very hard to realize that that was her reasoning behind her favorite season and least favorite season, but she still liked the fact that the she-cat said it. It was, in a way, pleasing to her ears to hear someone say her reasoning so clearly. Some cats thought of her as mysterious and weird, but Cloudstrike had just proved she was pretty normal and really not all that mysterious. A smile dawned on her lips for a moment before she was glancing back over at the other she-cat.
"No, it doesn't really matter. Sometimes fantasies are much nicer than reality anyways, so do go on and indulge yourself. Don't let me, or any other cat stop you." Meowed the Riverclan warrior kindly enough as her gaze went back to looking ahead as it had done several times before during their little trek to the stream.

Blinking as the Shadowclan cat went bounding into the water before she had even finished speaking, she would just huff out a breath and watch for a moment, letting herself trail off. Well I guess she isn't really scared of water like some cats are.
Clearing her throat the she-cat would take a much calmer approach to the entering of the stream and would simply stroll in, taking care to avoid the splashes of the white warrior whom she was supposed to be teaching. Flicking her ears she would watch Cloudstrike for a moment before padding out further into the deeper part of the stream, pushing off of the riverbed as it delved deeper to where her paws couldn't touch it. Swimming in place, she would turn around and fixate her gaze on her 'apprentice' again with a smile.
"It is pretty fun! You might even think it easy when you get the hang of it,
now come out into the deeper water. Now you don't seem the kind to scare easily, but I'll tell you it anyways. Don't freak out when your paws can't touch the bottom anymore, when you freak out, you start to flail, your head will go under and it'll just be a mess. The trick is to stay calm.
"

Swimming backwards a little bit, she would nod her head and wait for Cloudstrike to come out with her, being sure not to go too far out into the stream just in case the Shadowclan cat gets into trouble.
"You're going to have to keep your paws moving once you can't touch the bottom anymore, treat it.. As if you're walking in air. Your paws are going to push you along by moving the water and you can use your tail for steering." Explained the she-cat as she waited. Lazily small waves would make her bob up and down, but generally Duskfeather remained where she was in the water, measured, easy swats of her paws keeping her in place as the lazy current moved downstream. With the sun out, the water didn't seem too cold and really for Duskfeather, the water didn't pierce through her fur. Eating fish had it's advantages and the oils they provided definitely helped to keep the sting of cold from reaching her, something that unfortunately Cloudstrike would have to suffer.
When Duskfeather agreed that fantasies are just as important as reality, Cloudstrike smiled. She hadn't met many cats who saw the value in daydreaming, and it was refreshing to find another cat with such an open mind. Splashing about in the water, Cloudstrike was having a lot of fun. She barely noticed the mud washing away or her companion entering the chilly water. However, Duskfeather's voice reached her and she stopped her playing to look at her teacher. The molly took note of Duskfeather's swirling paws, though the note disappeared soon after. She nodded at the Riverclan warrior's instructions and sloshed towards the middle of the river. The water rose on her body until finally her paws only skimmed the bottom of the stream. A jolt of excitement shot through Cloudstrike, but she still wasn't scared. She had the naivety of a kit in many ways, including the belief that everything would work out.

Cloudstrike moved farther into the water until she was in lie with Duskfeather and her paws couldn't find the bottom at all. She did her best to quiet her thoughts and pay close attention to Duskfeather's instructions. Her head was bobbing in the waves and dunking under the water, making it difficult to listen, but she managed to catch the part about keeping her paws moving. The white warrior tried it, and managed to regain her control in the water, skimming her paws through it, though not as powerfully as Duskfeather. Wonder shone in Cloudstrike's eyes and she exclaimed, "This is amazing! This must be how birds feel!" The molly felt weightless and loved the feeling of the water swirling around her. The current caught on her long fur and managed to drag her downstream a ways, but she didn't panic and actually found it rather fun. Figuring that she should be near Duskfeather for further instruction, Cloudstrike tried to propel herself towards her teacher. However, the current was moving in the opposite direction and , being an inexperienced swimmer, Cloudstrike ended up just paddling in place.
Old August 14th, 2017, 05:10 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameleaf View Post
Bramble shrugged.
"I guess..."
~~~~~~~~~
Shardkit was quiet for a moment,
then she let out a squeak as she opened her eyes.
"I don't know what to do," then she looked at Shardkit and gasped,"Bramble! Look she open her eyes!" Hollydawn purred with joy.
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old August 14th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

Bramble looked at Shardkit.
"Aww..."
~~~~~~~~
Shardkit looked around. Her blue eyes glistened as she looked at her mother.
@Charmer @Burnpaw

Character Site

Last edited by Tundra; August 14th, 2017 at 05:28 PM.