Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 12:44 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:07 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old June 9th, 2023, 04:35 AM

Bump Policy: Atleast a week! ( Summer break of course longer )
My Mood: Happy

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Smallpaw unconscious, could only leave a grunt from pain, he had his eyes slightly open so that he could see the light of the clearing, and after a darker light.
The room smelled like herbs, and it felt like his paws were floating- was he in the medicine den? But he was ok, right? His head was spinning and his breath was going faster than first. And was he laying on something? He heard voices, kits, apprentices... And he heard a panicking voice of Lighteningpaw.... It was silent for a moment for him, he heard a really distant, comforting voice of lightningpaw. Reassuring something, he didn't know what.
After another silent moment, he decided he needed some rest, not feeling like floating anymore. He let his eyelids fall.
Old June 9th, 2023, 06:11 AM

Bump Policy: Atleast a week! ( Summer break of course longer )
My Mood: Happy

(forgot to mention)
(message above)
@Alchemist Kitsune
@x ghostie
Old June 9th, 2023, 11:25 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningpaw |

It was a rare moment of tranquility for the pale calico as she lay curled up in her nest, the tree's roots and the ventilation of the den providing a pleasantly cool atmosphere despite the fast approach of greenleaf. Dustbunny had done an amazing job on their new den, as far as she was concerned. The young apprentice had never lived through this season, but from what she kept hearing, it was the complete opposite of leafbare which... granted... seemed about right. What with the name and all. Feeling herself drifting between sleep and awareness, Lightningpaw's ears perked when she heard a call all of a sudden for Cowtuft.

From the sounds of it, this wasn't a personal visit. More like... a kit? Wounded? Hazykit? Confusion visible on the abyssinian mix as she realized she hadn't the foggiest clue who this Hazykit was - and furious about it, seeing as how she made it a point to know who everyone in the clan was - Lightingpaw got up, stretching reluctantly before heading up to the den's main chamber.

Upon arrival, the spotted molly's gaze landed on Hawksprint and an unknown kit openly annoyed at the warrior. Whiskers twitching with mild amusement at the kit's attitude, Lightningpaw approached the two of them, dark limbs lazily crossing the distance between them. Opting to sit down as to not overwhelm the already not overly enthused kitten, Lightningpaw offered a friendly blink before turning her attention upon the warrior. It seemed she had reached them before Cowtuft, which worked just fine for her. It was always good as far as she was concerned when she met up with patients before her mentor. Allowed her to clearly speak the visitor's names for the black and white tom's benefit, potentially avoiding any awkward moments, and it allowed her to more easily translate if she was here from the beginning.

"Kind of you to bring this here... Hazykit, was it? Pleasure to meet you, love. Name's Lightningpaw. I'm the medicine cat apprentice here, and I promise we don't bite... much..." she mewed, remembering her last tests she'd done on Firepaw to see if a good nibble on her tail would wake her up after growing unconscious. The results had been inconclusive so far. "You doin' alright yourself, Hawksprint?" Lightningpaw added quickly, attempting to cover up her small lapse with a quick shift in topic, a teasing smirk on her face despite herself.

-
@x ghostie [Cowtuft] | @Radetzky [Hawksprint] | @jupiter [Hazykit]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios

Last edited by Alchemist Kitsune; June 9th, 2023 at 11:25 PM.
Old June 10th, 2023, 04:01 PM
:P

Status: 彡 ╰► hiatus ; ghost of a werewolf lurking bout forums✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 oh Gods oh gods oh ogds oh godf hngrj tggggd.99p4t,sfkkk
My Mood: Lurking

「☆」 THE GENTLE GIANT 「☆」
╰► COWTUFT
he | him ★ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears + scar over his neck; left green eye and right blue eye ★

[ *all roleplays are being assumed to take after the herb patrols have returned. this is to ensure the current roleplays are going in a timely-mannerly with sufficient supplies. ]
ೃ⁀➷ @jupiter @Alchemist Kitsune @Radetzky

Floppy ears perked up at the sound of Lightningpaw's talking. Cowtuft had been in the herb storage, organizing the herbs his patrols had collected. Sounds were always a bit muffled to him, but he could make out a few things. Setting them away, the medicine cat exited the storage - ducking into the entrance to see his clanmates. Cowtuft dipped his head in greeting, going to move to stand by Lightningpaw's side.

The gentle giant was swift to survey the scene, listening to his apprentice speak. Ah, Hazykit and Hawksprint! He smiled softly at her, pleased he did not have to play a guessing game. He shook his head back and forth at Hawksprint's question. He did not need any herbs! It always troublesome doing so. He stepped forward, approaching the kit that was beginning to shrink back. "It's.. okay.. you do not need to worry..We are going to help..!!" He whispered in an hushed tone, attempting to keep it low enough that Hawksprint wouldn't hear. He waved his tail, leaning down carefully to see her wounds. Cowtuft's eyebrows furrowed close together, turning to look to Lightningpaw.

Her wounds weren't quite severe, so perhaps it was time to offer a learning experience for his apprentice. Cowtuft entered into the storage and grabbed a marigold flower, dandelion, and a cobweb stick. Coming back out, he set it down at Lightningpaw's paws. Leaning forward to whisper into her ear, "I.. want you to.. handle this one..!! Remember previously..? You are going to want to.. chew the leaves of the marigold and the dandelion.. then, wrap it in cobwebs..? Then, tell me why.. you think we used those specific herbs.."

─────✰✰✰✰✰─────
ೃ⁀➷ @Alchemist Kitsune @Small
At the sound of his name, Cowtuft was scrambling to his paws and bursting into the entrance of their main section for patience. A worried look was plastered over his face, tail fluffed up in shock. The scent of infection hung heavy in the air and choked up his throat. With his many moons of experience, it was easier to pick up on the way it smelled. Cowtuft approached cautiously into the borrow, frowning softly at the scene. Goodness, this certainly did not look any good! Chattering his teeth at Lightningpaw, he dipped his head with gratitude.

He supposed within all the chaos, Smallpaw's wounds had gone unnoticed. His focus had been primarily those with the most severity. Withdrawing back from the two apprentices, Cowtuft rushed into his herb storage. Paws slipping wildly, and he knocked into the wall with a high-pitched yelp. He.. was still beginning to learn how to navigate without sensations in his frontpaws and an injured hindleg.

Pushing through the sudden pain, he grabbed dandelion flowers and marigolds. Swiftly taking ahold of a cobweb stick and the stem of a poppy seed, he rushed back into the main section. Still slippery as ever, appearing to be more like a newborn kit than anything.

Setting the items down, he pushed the poppy flower to Lightningpaw and made a chomping gesture. Poppy seeds.

Cowtuft grabbed ahold of the marigolds leaves and the flowerhead of the dandelion, beginning to mash them together into a fine poultice. Spatting it out onto his paw pad, he started to gently dab it into Smallpaw's burns. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be helping with the pain until the numbness settled but he hoped so. Perhaps he should see if he could find any more of the roots and leaves.

After he applied the poultice, Cowtuft started to cover the burns gently with cobwebs to hold it all together.

─────✰✰✰✰✰─────
ೃ⁀➷ @Alchemist Kitsune @magpie.
Cowtuft was curled up in his wide and open nest, his short snout tucked under his feathery tail. After a night of nightmares and sleepwalking, often bumping into walls and causing a racket; he was finally beginning to settle down. With his sleeping chambers in the back of the den - the light from the sun didn't quite peak in.

It was the little pitter-patters of mischief and the tiny voice of a younglin' that started to stir Cowtuft from his light sleep. Mismatched hues beginning to flutter open, blinking away his weariness. "Mmrp?" He yawned, his tongue rolling out of his mouth. Stretching his long and massive body, he started to move. His leg was beginning to throb with pain, he wondered if it was going to rain today. Thoughts still hazy, he rose to his paws - curious to follow the source of these voices..

He stepped quietly, barely making a sound as he entered into the storage. Leaning against the doorway, he lift a paw to stifle his giggles at the scene. Oh golly! A kit had snuck into his herb storage. Very disastrous. (Cowtuft didn't mind, he missed playing with them. Still, herbs weren't the best to be playing around with. )

Carefully, the gentle giant reached over to scoop a mossball from the department of ah .. trinkets he kept for the kits to play with. He pulled it towards him and then gently batted it towards the young kit. Cowtuft did not know who they were, but it didn't matter. It seemed like a game was going on, and he would be best to play along. "Exc..excuse.. me? You say.. you are the prettiest flower in.. all the lands..?" He quipped, "I think I have a .. quest for you..sent from the Mother.. Bee.."

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; June 10th, 2023 at 09:55 PM.
Old June 11th, 2023, 12:05 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningpaw |

Cowtuft had been swift to respond to her calls, a fact the apprentice would forever be grateful for. It did not matter what she thought of others' attentiveness when it came to the clan, her mentor had never fallen folly to such self centeredness, as she was certain he never would. After taking one look at her and Smallpaw, he was gone. Off in the direction of their herb storage. A sigh of relief escaped her. He would know how to heal Smallpaw. The small apprentice would live. Everything would be okay.

A sharp yelp of pain bringing her out of her temporary, euphoric state of mind, Lightningpaw's hackles raised, calling out to Cowtuft with worry. Was he alright? Had something happened? He hadn't been fully himself since the fire... but then, neither had she. No one had. It was hard to go back to your past state when so much had changed.

Gratefully, it appeared her worry had been for naught. The black and white furred giant soon appeared with a bundle of herbs at maw. Handing her a red flower, he quickly gestured, intent clear. Poppy seeds. Smallpaw needed some poppy seeds. With a nod, Lightningpaw quickly pawed at the flower, removing a single poppy seed. It was one seed for kits... two for adults. She remembered as much from her previous kit lessons. Smallpaw was no kit... but at his young age, he wasn't necessarily an adult either. And between his small size and weak state, the medicine cat apprentice feared overfeeding him one too many.

A frown appeared on her face, wondering if her call was right. Truth be told, she wasn't even certain if Smallpaw was conscious or not. One at a time. Just try to go for one at a time... That's what she would do. Gingerly, the lithe calico chewed on the poppy seed for a moment before trying to feed the pseudo poppy poultice to the frail apprentice. It should be easier to down than a pristine, unchewed seed, in any case.

"There you go, Smalls. Come on. You'll be al'ight. You reckon he could take a second one?" Lightningpaw asked her mentor, looking through the plentiful infected wounds on the apprentice. While she had assessed already that perhaps a second might be too much, the young molly fully understood that she was basing this on very basic knowledge with no experience to back it up. She wasn't so proud as to let her already set mind be unwilling to change if it was wrong. Especially when it wasn't her life on the line.

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft] | @Small [Smallpaw]

Old June 11th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Taylor's Version

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Angelic

Hawksprint

The tom was pleased to see Lightningpaw walking up to them. "I'm pretty good" He answered her. He was tired after the fire and everything with the new camp, but nothing other than that. A good night's rest and he'd feel much better. Hawksprint turned to Cowtuft as he showed up. Okay, good, he wouldn't have to go get any herbs at least. He looked at Hazykit, hoping her injuries weren't too bad. Seeing as Cowtuft let his apprentice take care of her, he assumed it probably wasn't anything too bad. Lightningpaw is very good, and so is Cowtuft. You're in safe paws" He promised Hazykit. "I'll go for now then, since there isn't anything else for me to do here and it looks like you two got everything handled" Hawksprint hoped she'd be alright.

[ @x ghostie - Cowtuft ] [ @Alchemist Kitsune - Lightningpaw ] [ @jupiter - Hazykit ]

don't hesitate to bump me after 24 hours if I haven't replied!

have a great day everyone

check out my character bio!
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=61464
Old June 12th, 2023, 01:37 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Hazykit

The young molly, still salty about being dragged in here, looked up as Lightningpaw approached. Hazykit felt a small, reluctant smile grow on her face as the apprentice joked. Or... it didn't sound like a joke. Whatever that was. The final member of the healing duo appeared, as he leaned close to inspect her wounds, she lowered her head and inhaled sharply, out of instinct. Nodding in response to his words, the kit shuffled her paws, looking at the ground. Hawksprint was gonna leave now? Sighing softly, she just... waited. Waited for this to be over with. So she could go back to playing alone in the clearing.

[ @x ghostie @Radetzky @Alchemist Kitsune ]
Old June 12th, 2023, 11:54 AM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningpaw |

With Cowtuft's appearance, Lightningpaw offered a half smirk to her mentor before he turned his attention towards the young patient, who evidently did not enjoy having any level of attention on her. Whiskers twitching in mild amusement - surely she couldn't be feeling too terrible if she had that much fight in her - Lightningpaw suddenly sobered up, focusing on the kit's movements. This didn't seem the usual sick kit that didn't want to eat the nasty, bitter herbs. This seemed... a little different. A frown furrowed her brown, but the apprentice remained quiet, allowing her mentor to evaluate the patient.

Her concern abated as Cowtuft began inspecting the calico, the apprentice turned towards Hawkspring as he spoke, nodding as he began to leave. "Sure thing! Thanks for the help, Hawksprint. Don't be a stranger," she purred, waving a gentle goodbye with her tail before turning back towards the black and white tom who had begun to approach her.

Large ears perking up as her mentor whispered his instructions to her, almond shaped eyes glinted with excitement. She was going to treat Hazykit, even with Cowtuft here? Beaming up at the tom's nose, she nodded, nimbly turning around as she made her way towards the herb storage. Grabbing one marigold and dandelion, the molly began heading out, only to stop and twirl on the spot, realizing she'd left the cobweb behind in her eagerness to get the materials as quickly as possible. Mouth full of herbs, she dropped the bundle besides the kit, giving her a small smile of encouragement before beginning to chew on the marigold.

It was never pretty. Having to make poultices. The herbs tended to taste bad - nothing even remotely as horrid as that root though, it had been a few days and she could still taste it - the spitting them out wasn't the most pleasant of experiences, and the patients tended to only reluctantly allow themselves to have the medication placed on them. Not that she could blame them, really. As she chewed, the lithe calico turned her focus on Hazykit, looking through the smaller wounds that peppered the molly's scruff. Compared to some of the other wounds she had tended to since the fire, the kit's scrapes were positively benign. It was no reason to ignore them, however, especially with the infection evidently settling in.

Finished with the marigold, Lightningpaw spat the concoction on her paw, grimacing slightly at the taste. And to think she might get used to that someday. Offering her paw gently to the kit, she signaled with her nose towards her scruff, waving the paw softly. "I'll be putting some of this on your wounds to get rid of that nasty infection. I promise it won't hurt you. If you start feeling uncomfortable, though, you let me know, a'ight? We'll make you feel good as new!"

Her promise to not hurt the nervous looking kit out of the way, Lightningpaw attempted to place the marigold poultice on her wounds, slowly chewing on the dandelion as she worked. Her tongue growing ever so slightly numb as she readied it for Hazykit's injuries, she spat the yellow mush onto her paw once she was done with the marigold, careful to ensure Hazykit's approval once more before moving on with the numbing poultice. Satisfied with her work, the apprentice grabbed the cobwebs from the stick, her whiskers twitching fondly as she remembered her adventures as a kit gathering cobwebs with Cowtuft. Back then she had always assumed she'd be gathering cobwebs only to help her friend. Never would she have guessed she would be gathering cobwebs to help her patients as well.

With a soft touch, the young apprentice attempted to place the final bits of her patient's treatment. The wound wasn't bleeding, which made her assume the cobwebs had a different motive this time around. This thought reminding her that Cowtuft was still in the den with them, Lightningpaw applied the finishing touches - Hazykit permitting - before assessing her work one final time. "There you go. Should be feeling spry as a hare in a few days. Won't even be able to tell you were injured," she mewed, flashing a confident grin towards the small kit.

Silence following these words as she assessed what she'd just done, Lightningpaw nodded, her gaze on her mentor as she spoke once more. "Infection. Hazykit's wounds were infected from going untreated. The marigold has been used to handle the infection. The dandelions were to numb the area. As it heals, it might become scratchy, even if it is painless now. Scratching might reopen the wounds and infect them again. With this, we ensure both a painless and more comfortable recovery," she mewed, her white paw tapping at the bottom of her chin as she spoke, her expression thoughtful.

"The cobwebs," she added, placing her paw down. "They are to cover the area, correct? Avoid debris and things that could irritate the wound or wash away the poultice while it does it's job. That sort of thing?" There was a hint of a question in her last sentence, insecurity finally gnawing its way through her thought process. She was fairly confident in her response, but... she really had nothing to back up her confidence only that educated guesses. Hopeful eyes daring to stare at her mentor's heterochromatic hues furrowed with mild concern as she awaited his assessment.

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft] | @Radezsky [Hawksprint] | @jupiter [Hazykit]

Old June 14th, 2023, 06:26 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningpaw |

Tail lashing with concern behind her, Lightningpaw entered the medicine cat's den, having just spent most of the morning talking to the remaining queens over her vanished mother. No one had seen the abyssinian mix, and the medicine cat apprentice was worried. Her wounds had been horrendous. This wasn't her first vanishing act, but with her burns, the lithe calico couldn't help but wonder if she had snuck out in the middle of the night to head back to their old territory. Try and find her brothers again. Except this time, she had low hopes for a triumphant return.

Her mood low, jaw set in a determined expression that masked the sorrow brewing in her heart, Lightningpaw stopped. There were... voices? Echoing through the empty den. One was easy enough to make out. It was her mentor. The first one, however, the smaller one. The medicine cat apprentice could not recognize it. Curiosity taking over her, the wiry framed molly padded forward, poking her head into the herb storage, only to find the gentle giant positively cooing over a fluffy, pale kit. One of the few born right before the fire, maybe?

Nose wrinkling as a small, sad smile gracing her face, Lightningpaw remained by the entrance, not wishing to interrupt the two at play. It had been some time since she'd heard Cowtuft speaking so joyfully. After all that had happened, he deserved a break. A pleasant visit from a cute kit. It had been some moons since she had been the one who could provide that sort of comfort. The odd visit that could take his mind away from herbs and patients. Keeping others healthy while conveniently forgetting to care for himself. Now she was a part of that herb filled world, and another reminder of his role in the clan.

Shaking her head, she bounded off, making for her nest. She had things to consider. Tests to perform. Herbs to study on her quest to heal her friend. Time for mourning the loss of her mother would have to wait. For now, it would be best to do as she had been doing for the past quarter moon, and bury herself in work.

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft] | @magpie. [Cottonkit]
| As much as I wanted to, I couldn't find a way to make Lightning interrupt these two being adorable. |

Old June 17th, 2023, 05:46 PM
No touch or I bite

Status: I haven't seen shampoo since 2003, I was born in 2011
Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Leafpelt had Mintkit grabbed by the scruff ''Lightingpaw?'' She muffled. ''May I get in?''. Mintkit had his eyes open widely, staring at the strange-smelling den and wagging it's fluffy tail.
@Alchemist Kitsune @x ghostie

Join WastingClan

My shady corner where I sell stuff

PURRKS: Mind reader Mintpaw (Active)

Last edited by Partypooper; June 17th, 2023 at 05:46 PM.