Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 04:09 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 03:41 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM

Old June 21st, 2023, 01:43 AM
:P

Status: 彡 ╰► hiatus ; ghost of a werewolf lurking bout forums✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 oh Gods oh gods oh ogds oh godf hngrj tggggd.99p4t,sfkkk
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

「☆」 THE GENTLE GIANT 「☆」
╰► COWTUFT
he | him ★ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears + scar over his neck; left green eye and right blue eye ★
ೃ⁀➷ @Alchemist Kitsune @Radetzky @jupiter

Cowtuft smiled gently at Hawksprint, dipping his head with gratitude as the warrior left. That tom was always a gentleman -- truthfully, the medicine cat felt guilt about his lack of verbal speech. It was easier with those younger, older.. things got complicated, complex, and it was easier to not. Comfortable to not. Hazykit seemed to be still nervous, shifting with her gaze glued to the ground. Cowtuft sighed quietly, suppose there was not much he could in those regards.

He took a few pawsteps back, being resigned to the seat of bystander. He kept watched of Lightningpaw's movements, watching her chew the herbs she had gather and begin to look closely at Hazykit's wounds. Good, good. He was looking approvingly, even if he had no doubt his apprentice would succeed. This was a simple case, and she had dealt with worse when she wasn't even under his training. Ears perking up as Lightningpaw reassured Hazykit, and Cowtuft was smiling a little bit.

If there was anything important when it came to this role of healing, it was being kind. Maybe not a requirement, but in his eyes? Having compassion was what kept them aligned with StarClan. It was good. A happy chirp came from him once Lightningpaw applied the final touches, showing a confident grin. He chuckled at the metaphor, flashing a kind smile to Hazykit. "Be..careful with the cobwebs -- do not go.. playing too rough, and try to.. not sleep on it.. but you are free to go, ..please come back if it begins to bother you...!" Cowtuft explained, letting the kit be free from a likely scary situation.

Turning his body to Lightningpaw, the medicine cat listened to what she had to say. "Correctt-o..!!! For uhm, all..! You also have, very good nest-side.. manner, so bonus.. point. Marigold prevents.. further infection and treats the present one.. dandelion will help with the bruising.. and with any irritation or pain.. poppy seeds were not provided because the wounds were not that severe and Hazykit is young..!! And cobwebs.. help keep everything secure.. and clean, " He finished off.

─────✰✰✰✰✰─────

ೃ⁀➷ @Alchemist Kitsune @Small

Cowtuft would focus the parts of the most severity burns with cobwebs, unsurely no debris could be able to be irritate it. However, after watching Mothpaw's own burns begin to heal he had a basic understanding of the way these types of injuries differed from gashes. He kept the cobwebs light but covered, careful to not layer it on too tight lest the pressure cause Smallpaw to be put in any unneeded pain.

He let out a bit of a shaky breath, pushing his herbs into a proper pile and pulling back to assess his finished product. Even with his clumsy paws, muscle memory made his wrappings neat. Cowtuft's eyebrows were furrowed a little bit ago, not entirely sure if Smallpaw was completely unconscious or slipping inbetween. Hopefully the later, the medicine cat would prefer for him to eat the poppy seed Lightningpaw had put down.

He turned to look to her at the question, shaking his head back and forth. "I .. would like to see.. how he is - ,, unfortunately, the more lucid.. he is - the better, and.. with the weakness, there is a bit of a risk, " Cowtuft explained, rising to his paws. "I do however have burnet on paw, " while it didn't help with pain, it could help with strength.

The gentle giant padded into his storage once more, grabbing onto the burnet leaves and carrying the herb out. He set it down at the edge of Smallpaw's nest, only time would tell, but he didn't believe it would be fatal. "Good for strength.. " There was a small pause, "Lightningpaw.. where did you find Smallpaw..anywho..?"

─────✰✰✰✰✰─────

ೃ⁀➷ @Alchemist Kitsune @Light000

A yawn stifled from Cowtuft, slowly rising to his big ol' paws and listening to someone at the very far away entrance. It was too far in fact. Why must it be so far? He had been very warm. .. there had been a good dream, that he had forgotten! but it had been a great dream! Nonetheless, Cowtuft came out of his sleeping chambers and headed to the entrance.

There was an big cat with a little cat combined with a muffled voice. The scent of milk was present, but it was a little too confusing for him to put a name to any faces. Especially considering the little cat had a twisted leg and well, he did not know any kits that had that!! Cowtuft nodded his head, gesturing for the two to come in with a smile.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; June 21st, 2023 at 02:04 AM.
Old June 21st, 2023, 04:26 PM
No touch or I bite

Status: I haven't seen shampoo since 2003, I was born in 2011
Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Leafpelt tilted her head for a moment before coming in, she left her kit on the ground and stared at cowtuft's eyes ''Hello, my kits were a few sunrises ago, but this one is the only survivor, and it's leg is starting to grow on a weird angle and it's worring me, could you help me with that?'' The tortie said with her usual sweet voice and after saying that she sat down, letting Mintkit lay on her front paws.
@Alchemist Kitsune @x ghostie

Join WastingClan

My shady corner where I sell stuff

PURRKS: Mind reader Mintpaw (Active)
Old June 24th, 2023, 12:53 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningpaw |

Stuck inside the herb storage, Lightningpaw muttered under her breath. One of the patrols had taken it upon themselves to bring in the herbs themselves, and while she was grateful for the forethought, she. Liked. Her. Herbs. Where. They. Went.

Taking a deep breath, the medicine cat apprentice struggled to calm herself. She was obviously getting a little restless. She'd barely left the den the past few days. Stuck inside once more, memorizing herbs, trying to find something... anything, really, to heal Milkpaw's cough. The oriental calico was certain that if she could find a cure for him, she could find a cure for many other felines in the camp that had suffered from breathing problems due to the fire. And if none were doing as bad as Milkpaw? Well, she would have knowledge for the future. Knowledge she would hopefully never need, but it was best to have it and never use it than need it and having never known what could help.

Large, white ears perked up as a voice carried over, softly, towards the herb storage. It was a familiar voice, and the young molly pressed forward, curious as to who it had been. Upon reaching the entrance to the den, she found her mentor already there, giving their visitors a quiet look. Almond shaped eyes softened slightly as she noticed a familiar face with a young kit with her. No doubt Leafpelt's sole kit had managed to make it through the moon, his eyes and ears now open as he lay besides his mother. The queen hadn't seemed very eager for her help the last time, despite her weakened condition, and Lightningpaw couldn't help but wonder if there had been some more complications despite the seemingly healthy kit before them now.

"Alright there, Leafpelt? I see your kit is doing well. What's your name, eh love?" Lightningpaw mewed as she walked over besides her mentor, the greeting just as much for Cowtuft's sake as it was for the queen's. Turning towards the black and white tom, she added an explanation, hoping the medicine cat remembered her report. It had been about a moon, judging by the kit's age. Time certainly seemed to fly... "This here is Leafpelt. The queen that gave birth in the clearing. Had three kits, only this little one made it."

Lightningpaw kept her voice low, in a whisper for only Cowtuft to hear. She did not mind Leafpelt hearing an explanation of what had happened. The queen had been there. The kit, however, did not need to hear such horrible things at such a young age. Lightningpaw's own journey through that rabbit hole had begun at a similar age, and she sometimes felt like she still hadn't reached the finale of that fall.

Upon hearing the mostly ginger tortie speak, the younger tortie and white turned curious eyes upon the little tom, noticing the leg's growth. Curiosity and concern crossed her gaze, realizing she'd never seen something like this before. She certainly hoped the little one hadn't experienced any pain because of it. With her lack of experience on the topic, however, Lightningpaw remained uncharacteristically quiet. She would follow Cowtuft's lead gladly on this. No need to hurt the kit or make a wrong call over something perhaps easily solved or which needed no solving at all!

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft] | @Light000 [Leafpelt - Mintkit]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old June 24th, 2023, 11:18 AM
No touch or I bite

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not

''Mintkit its glow name'' She mewed ''Mintkit doesn't seem very affected by it, so I don't think it is causing pain, but I don't know, I'm not a med cat'' She said before grabbing the kit.
Mintkit was quiet, and was slim, but it wasn't very remarkable due to the fluffy fur glow had, but if it wasn't by the crooked leg, glow seemed healthy.
@x ghostie @Alchemist Kitsune

Join WastingClan

Old June 26th, 2023, 05:26 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningpaw |

There was some relief washing over Lightningpaw as she realized she'd done the right thing. Her instincts had been right in only giving Smallpaw the one poppy seed. Small victories and all that. There was still ample concern as far as whether the apprentice would make it or not, but she'd done the best she could. Cowtuft would hopefully know how to treat him moving forward. No. Scratch that. Cowtuft would know how to treat him moving forward, no doubt about it.

Large ears giving a twitch of annoyance at her mentor's question, she turned to look at him, a frown already beginning to mar her features. "Apprentice's den. Can you believe it? Not a single bloody apprentice could be arsed to help him. Judging by how he looks and the stench of infection in the den, he'd been laying there for at least a full day. I know some cats are having breathing problems... but not every apprentice has their nose clogged up with smoke. How hard can it be to simply ask if the cat that sleeps besides you is alright?" she responded, going into a tangent as she felt her anger rising. "I have a right mind to march straight to Twilightstar and tell her about this... This is ridiculous, innit? You'd think all we've gone through would have made the others realize how much we need to look out for each other. Not make the same mistakes from before..."

Guilt washing over her as she remembered how callously she'd left Featherfoot in a similar condition before, the lithe calico faltered, taking a deep, shaky breath in an attempt to calm herself. Shaking her head, she flattened her ears, tail tapping restlessly against the soil beneath. "Sorry 'bout that... Is there anything else I can do to help?" the apprentice added, an apologetic look upon her face as she turned her eyes towards her mentor once more.

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft] | @Small [Smallpaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old June 27th, 2023, 02:10 PM

Bump Policy: Atleast a week! ( Summer break of course longer )
My Mood: Happy

( I hope Smallpaw won't die of stubbornness LOL )

Smallpaw's baggy eyes narrowed to the foggy sun shining in the medicine den.
He heard some rumbling from Lightningpaw's voice, irritated- mostly.
He scoffed as he thought about the apprentices walking past him, while he was hiding his bleeding patches, and holding in his coughing spree.
He couldn't help but disagree that it wasn't the apprentices fault- mostly he WANTED it to be no ones fault. Smallpaw felt guilty of being so stubborn and arrogant to not come to the medicine den sooner, when it was only some fresh wounds and a sore throat.
He let out a slight rasp of a cough. He thought for a moment of the chances of him passing away, but before he could come to an conclusion he closed his eyes to slipping into unconsciousness.

Last edited by Small; June 27th, 2023 at 02:11 PM.
Old June 28th, 2023, 09:07 PM
Pfp from Charat.me

Bump Policy: don't bump me if you don't want bumped

, @x ghostie

Rockshard huffed through the scrap of fur as she dragged Halfpaw into the Medicine cats den... she ignored his squeals of protest...

She had questions, and he needed to get something for that cough of his

"Flower Power is Key, Dear, To A Healthy body and a Healthy Mind" - Harley Quinn of Rose Mist Flower Farms
Old June 30th, 2023, 02:18 AM
:P

Status: 彡 ╰► hiatus ; ghost of a werewolf lurking bout forums✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 oh Gods oh gods oh ogds oh godf hngrj tggggd.99p4t,sfkkk

「☆」 THE GENTLE GIANT 「☆」
╰► COWTUFT
he | him ★ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears + scar over his neck; left green eye and right blue eye ★
ೃ⁀➷ @Light000 @Alchemist Kitsune

Cowtuft's ears perked up as Lightningpaw came from the herb storage. He wasn't entirely sure what she had been doing in there but was grateful she was here, nonetheless. Maybe he should re-decorate their den. It was a little bare, wasn't it? Goodness.. Cowtuft hoped everything appeared to be tidy, he was never sure these days! It could get a little messy at times.

It was only when his apprentice spoke that the medicine cat appeared to come back into focus, unaware he had gotten distracted. Ahh, so this was Leafpelt. Cowtuft's expression softened as Lightningpaw quietly whispered to him a swift explanation. He nodded his head, remembering her report. It was not uncommon for little ones to be lost in litters. They were fragile, it could easily take a turn for the worse.

He turned to look back to Leafpelt with a sympathetic gaze, "I am.. so very sorry.. for your loss.." He replied in sign, eyebrows furrowing close together at her concern. Cowtuft rose to his paws and approached the small kit, sniffing its leg that did appear to be starting to become twisted. Hm.

He pulled back, a small tilt of his head. "I.. golly, am not sure... if there is anything I can do.." He confessed, looking back at the mother with an apologetic gaze. "Sometimes.. these things happen.. they will still become a warrior.. if worse comes to worse, and can learn to adapt.. but.. I -.." He chewed nervously on his bottom lip, "have a small idea..? It is not,, intended for.. these things, but it might help.." Cowtuft explained in a vague manner, turning away from the two and heading into his storage.

He would gather a stick, moss, and cobwebs before coming back out. Splints were typically for broken limbs, not .. un-broken things. He wasn't sure how it would work, but maybe if there was early intervention it could encourage proper growth in glow. Cowtuft approached the kit, "I am... going to try and wrap your leg.. and make it a little straighter.. okay little one..? Let me know.. if it hurts.. I will try to not bend it.. in an uncomfortable manner.." He spoke quietly to Mintkit, nodding his head up and down.

Furthermore, the medicine kit went on to create a makeshift splint for Mintkit. It was split in two, not forcing the leg to go in an complete unnatural straight angle but with a lesser severe twist. Then, Cowtuft padded it with moss and wrapped it in cobwebs. "D..does that feel okay..?"

─────✰✰✰✰✰─────

ೃ⁀➷ @Alchemist Kitsune @Small

The medicine cat was a bit surprised at the sudden tangent Lightningpaw went on. He wasn't sure what had prompted his question, curiosity, maybe. It should've been caught sooner, but Cowtuft always thought that. He always thought he should've been able to intervene earlier. Unfortunately, there was no cure for some of his clanmates' stubbornness. Some wouldn't seek healing, and he couldn't do daily check-ins on every single clanmate of his. (Maybe it might be good to work on a way to do so. Something to garner attention of all his clanmates and offer an opportunity.)

"It.. is peculiar, " Cowtuft confessed quietly, a saddened look coming across his expression. "But I truly believe.. our clanmates did not do it out of malicious intent.. " If he put doubt in one, he would put doubt in everyone. He offered Lightningpaw a small smile, mulling over her words. "Perhaps, it might do good.. to teach the apprentices tell-tale signs of sickness.. in case they are not aware..!" He blinked at her last statement, a knowing look appearing in his eyes. Ah. He could see it now.

"It is alright.. little lily.. Smallpaw is in our paws now, and he will be safe.. and treated.. all he needs now is time to heal, " He explained, eyes flickering to Smallpaw who was rasping slightly. Though, swift to slip into sleep. Hmm. "I want to keep.. him supervised.. for a few days.. but after that, he should be alright.. just needs to come in for check-ins.. For now.. let's give him a quiet place to rest, hm?" He prompted gently, rising to his paws.

"You did wonderful bringing him in.. thank you, Lightningpaw.. I know things can be stressful..We can talk outside.. if you would like ? Just a little, to admire the clouds.." He offered, because maybe, a fresh air might be good.

─────✰✰✰✰✰─────

ೃ⁀➷ @Rogueheart

Cowtuft had been organizing and replacing the moss in his nests. He was happily in his thoughts, daydreaming about the stars and frolicking in the meadow. It was only when squeaky protests could be heard than he was dragged out of his daydream. Uhmmm. Cowtuft turned to the entrance, blinking rapidly in confusion. Well. He had not expected this!! He pushed whatever he was doing to the side, approaching the larger cat with the smaller cat. Sniffff. "Is..everything alright..?" Cowtuft signed in mild confusion.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; June 30th, 2023 at 02:53 AM.
Old June 30th, 2023, 12:56 PM
No touch or I bite

Mintkit whined a bit, as Cowtuft wrapped glow leg, but stopped soon, it wasn't painful for the kit.

Leafpelt nodded at Cowtuft ''It's okay, it was not my first litter, and they weren't my first stillborns.'' The blind she told the medicine cat.
@x ghostie @Alchemist Kitsune

Join WastingClan

Old June 30th, 2023, 03:50 PM
Pfp from Charat.me

Bump Policy: don't bump me if you don't want bumped

@x ghostie

"Yes, Yes Cowtuft, Everything is Fine... ish." Rockshard meowed with a sturn look
at Halfpaw "it's just that Halfpaw is apparently not smart enough to come to you about his burnt paw pads or the fact he's been having coughing fits"

Halfpaw sat down slowly, a look of fear and shame on his face.

"i also have something i'd like to discuss with you afterwards if its alright" Rockshard meowed

"Flower Power is Key, Dear, To A Healthy body and a Healthy Mind" - Harley Quinn of Rose Mist Flower Farms