Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Applications to join the Staff Team close at 11:59 PM EST today. Get them in while you have the chance!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
May Gathering
by dino.
Last post by starry
Today 12:13 AM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by beau
Today 12:08 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by burntToast
Today 12:07 AM
Caduceus Place [Invite...
by Rani
Last post by Rani
Yesterday 11:54 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Madelaine
Yesterday 11:44 PM

Old March 10th, 2024, 12:42 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: the things we lost [malcontent burial event]

Sparrowsnarl
RiverClan
he/him | 50 moons
[Heavily scarred, fluffy dark brown tabby with amber eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Mistyshard - @starry ] [Dusklion - @tally ]
· · ────────────── · ·
"Yes," the tabby rumbled as he padded up to Mistyshard and Dusklion's sides, Duckshade draped across his back. The large tom seemingly had no issue carrying the fallen clanmate. "What you have achieved is no small feat, Dusklion. Celebrate that before you mourn the 'what-if's." His voice was quiet, and he wouldn't meet either of their gazes, but at least he was talking in full sentences to them. Perhaps he would become more comfortable as he worked with them. It wasn't as though he was trying to tell her what to do, but merely providing comfort and reassurance in the only way he knew how. He didn't know Mistyshard or Dusklion well, but he respected them both as warriors.
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old March 10th, 2024, 12:44 PM
♡Me, myself, and I♡

Bump Policy: ✮Every Other Day✮
My Mood: Blah

✮Shadowtail✮He/Him✮24 Moons✮Gay ✮Warrior
Thought he was injured, Shadowstar ran over to help carry any cat. His ear flatten with sadness at the sight of death. May Starclan accept them and may they watch over the clan.
{Open}

⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆
☽.Xai.☾
♰He/Void/Zir/They♰
⋆。°✩Genderfaun✧.°
♡Taken♡
Old March 10th, 2024, 03:28 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Asleep

[ TW: minor suicidal thoughts ]Fallenwish felt wrong. So many cats- about six, she believed- had lost their lives. It had been her job to prevent that. Of course, she had spaced out, ignoring at least Moonfoot and Pricklestep.

Those cats had died protecting what was at least their home at one point- maybe some had been missing for tens of moons. Fallenwish had survived, but she remained much less useful. Thankfully, she could still operate with her front paw, but she was still impeded. Maybe if she had died, there would be no difference.

No, don't think that. Fallenwish thought. She'd find a way. she was better alive than dead. She walked over to try to help anyone who needed it.
[ open ]

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3

Last edited by hades.; March 10th, 2024 at 03:31 PM.
Old March 10th, 2024, 03:42 PM
Giving you a warm welcome

Bump Policy: bump whenever, but respond time will prob be weekends or slow :33<
My Mood: Busy

Bayblood joined in the small group of cats mourning their clanmates, its always a shame when a clanmate dies.

"Thou art unfit for any place but hell."~shakespear
Slime'Tuft is JuniperClan's medcat app. and has a semi-open den policy
auction day! i cant believe it!

Desert Rain Frog hopped in! Blxze. lit this sig. *Lunastar* trampled this sig doing quadrobics. ~MothDust~ drew silli kittis here. leopard. brought her cats in here to destroy the place.

name and pronoun shop
Old March 11th, 2024, 02:10 AM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

( @tally - for fading's glances at dusk )

Fadingsun was still in somewhat of a haze; the past couple of days had been a massive blur. The invasion, the aftermath, the meeting- the meeting. He hadn't fully processed that yet at all. He hadn't been expecting what had happened; he knew he'd step up and do what needed to be done, but he felt so incredibly overwhelmed at this very moment.

It seemed that the bodies had been taken up by others, so he lingered near the back of the group in case anyone struggled. Every now and again, his eyes would dart towards Dusklion. Her outburst at the meeting had certainly not been forgotten, and it weighed heavily on his mind. He wanted so badly to talk to her, to figure this all out, but now was not the time. Besides, a conversation like that needed to happen in private.

[ open! ]
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; March 11th, 2024 at 02:11 AM.
Old March 11th, 2024, 10:11 AM
death does not define us

Status: ★ umbrae et pulvis sumus ★ ★ PART RAT ★ ~ Forever known as ~MothDust~
Bump Policy: doesn't matter to me :)
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theraphosa View Post

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 15 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze looked away from the prey pile he had been staring at and up towards Mistyshard, his already heavy bones from work were weighed down with the grief that had been swimming in the back of his mind came rushing like a flood to the forefront of it. Pricklestep, Moonfoot...flutterpaw, Smolderpaw, Troutfall, Duckshade, Frostpetal, and Foxmoon. So, so many lives were lost and Seabreeze felt his eyes start to sting with tears and the burials haven't even begun. Lifting himself onto worked paws, he wanted to approach and help carry the bodies as needed but he wanted to give the families of those cats more time to do so if they wished. The tom looked pointedly away from Flutterpaw despite the horrid guilt that burnt his throat like bile as he did so.

Cloverpaw's haunting was worse than ever. Though he knew that Cloverpaw was likely the one that would help guide these cats if she had any say in the matter, then after that she would talk their ear off about Starclan's hunting grounds and all the cats who she has met. Seabreeze hoped she has found a new listening buddy now that he was separated from her. Seabreeze dug his claws into his own paw, this is not about Cloverpaw, this is about the clanmates that have fallen. Despite the pinpricks of blood that welled up along his front paw from his abuse, Seabreeze looked around the crowd making sure that each cat didn't need help and that every body was being carried out.

[OPEN]

Frostmelt
|he/him|purrks: N/A|moons: 17| riverclan warrior|

Frostmelt padded up to the other warrior calmly. He paid no attention to the blood, not yet. There was no point in panicking, was there? He would help get some of the cat's bodies out of the way. It didn't make him sad, though he wished he felt the pain of the warriors who lost their lives. And it didn't pain him to see the Riverclan cats who lost their lives, but the thunderclan cats. Did that make him a traitor? At least we knew the riverclan cats, knew they were good, and knew that they would go to Starclan and continue there. But what of the pain of Thunderclan?

For each body he came up against he closed their eyes and shuttered from the look of pain on their faces. He didn't fight in it, it made him feel guilty. "Hello Seabreeze," Frost said in a low voice, as if trying not to scare the cat away. Frostmelt knew how skittish Sea could be when he felt threatened. He trailed on the side of Seabreeze, slowly. Frost's tail slowly swung back and forth before stopping at another body to close their eyes. Blood surrounded each cat, slowly sinking into the dirt, and what might grow in those spots now? blood red roses, he would think. Roses to honor each death, each life that is given, and each that is taken.

He wasn't about to ask, either, why Sea was crying. Was he bad at this? Comforting? It made him feel uncomfortable, he admitted. He wasn't the best at it, though he tried his best to. "I.. ah, do you need any help?" he asked quietly, not really sure what for, but just a general question. He knew most people asked someone who was sad if they needed help, right?

૮ ྀིྀིྀི₍ ⸝⸝•̥\./•̥⸝⸝ ₎ ྀིა Fawnheart<3 gifted me this fawn and threw flowers on my profile ❀ | TheRadioDemon gave headpats to all here ( T_T)\(^-^ ) | Ravenswings was here :> | Beanz is locked hostage here from Moths duck army | finley.exe is headbanging to mindless self indulgence :0 | Starphobia has showered stars upon everyone. Stars everywhere! | leopard. cats tramped the place... THEY HAVE COME AGAIN! | CrimsonOaks held up two gay cats here and the lion king theme song started. | Nyx's WCO soul is still here
Blaze left her art supplies here ☆♡♤◇♧○□
Art Shop

Last edited by Epiales; March 11th, 2024 at 10:12 AM.
Old March 11th, 2024, 10:28 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Inspired

Stagheart walked solemnly towards the dead cats, pausing by the edge to allow any family members to approach them first. He'd do whatever heavy lifting he had to, but didn't want to intrude. He did his best to ignore the sting of the deep punctures of his wounds, a frown on his face as he watched the caravan of bodies slowly being lifted and carried away to their final resting place. He started to move towards the last cats, committing to carry at least one unless stated otherwise.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice.

Last edited by squidz; March 11th, 2024 at 10:29 AM.
Old March 11th, 2024, 12:25 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

The words of Mistyshard and Sparrowsnarl, who had come to join them, were heard by Dusklion's ears and she knew that they were only trying to help her. How was she suppose to celebrate when it was suppose to be her? She lashed her tail behind her and shook her head as if to disengage the morbid thoughts flooding her brain. It had been quiet today, but the Rage was waking up and whispering in her ear now ; soothing and soft to the point where it took everything within herself to not follow it.

She parted her jaws to answer either of them when her eyes that were darting around caught sight of Fadingsun. Their blue hues narrowed and she bared her fangs silently, briefly. "How can I celebrate when he knew how much that meant to me?" she snapped, keeping her voice low. "He knew, ever since we joined, and I... he knew, and he accepted anyways."

Removing her gaze from her brother and fixing it straight ahead, Dusklion continued on without any other words being spoken.

[ @starry @Micanomancy @Cherry~ ]

Last edited by taillow; March 17th, 2024 at 11:10 AM.
Old March 11th, 2024, 01:54 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Event [#event]

Mistyshard

The molly shrugged a little at Dusklion's words, unsure how to react. It appeared there had been a plan between the two of them since they joined the clan, which included Dusk's name being called during the announcement Birdsnow had made... but no, it had been Fadingsun. Maybe it had been his dream too, but he'd never told Dusklion because he didn't want to hurt her? She shouldered the two warriors in silence for a few moments before she finally find the right words. "...It is frustrating for you, but look on the brighter side of things. What you have achieved is something others could only dream of. Don't let anything pull you down, and one day, you'll achieve your goals."

She did think Dusk's brother deserved it just as much as she did, but she wouldn't mention that here because it would make the situation worse.

When they arrived at Sleepy Thicket her shoulders were completely aching and her stub of an ear was throbbing horribly. Letting out an exhausted sigh she slid Troutfall off her shoulders and turned to all the cats that had gathered. Some cats found death hard to deal with and she was here to take care of that by giving a little speech before they buried the bodies.

"We have lost many clanmates to this battle. Losing friends, family, apprentices... or just simply the loss of a clanmate hits hard." Mistyshard was definitely talking from experience here. Almost her whole family and friends? Dead. She dipped her head to the fallen, then continued. "Most of them have fought hard and well for RiverClan, and made many memories with us. Sometimes it can be hard to accept lives must end and we need to continue as before, but it is an important part of clan life. With battle comes death, that isn't news, but still it hits like a boulder everytime."

"All of these cats blessed RiverClan with their presence and their spirit will not be forgotten." She tossed a brief glance at Foxmoon's corpse and debated if she should mention the previously missing cat not really doing something, but that would ruin the spirit. Dusklion had a point though. "Today we have gathered here to bid farwell to these cats for the last time. Instead of crying remember all the good moments you've lived through with your clanmates and although those are all memories one day, they brought you the happiness, rage and many other feelings that come with a life."

"Life is not about the number of breaths we take, but about the moments that take our breath away. Remember that. Their physical presence may be absent but their spirit lives on and their different aspects of personality continue to guide us. None of this will change the fact that we've lost eight clanmates, nor will any words fill the pit that has been left. These cats bravery continues to live in our heads and their laughter echoes in our hearts."

"As cruel as their death may seem today don't let it throw you off your path. Don't let loss take it's toll on you like it did with me moons ago. I've lost everyone and yet I'm standing here, stronger than ever through the things I have experienced in my many moons. Pricklestep, Moonfoot, Troutfall, Duckshade, Flutterpaw, Smolderpaw, Frostpetal and Foxmoon will all be missed greatly along with their courage and passion for the clan."

"If anyone would like to say their last goodbyes do so now, anyone else can help me dig the graves. And if you ever seek assistance or someone to chat with because you need help with coping... feel free to come to me, I've got plenty of experience."

Okay, that was a lot to say. Mistyshard took a deep breath and started digging a grave, kicking up dirt as quickly as possible with her front paws. They'd need eight graves in total.

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old March 11th, 2024, 02:22 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 15 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze looked over to Frostmelt and shook his head lightly. The tom guickly wiped his eyes swiftly, some of the blood flecks on his face but he didn’t take notice of it. The sandy grey-blue feline stood up and pointed his muzzle towards the remaining apprentice and warrior. Smolderpaw and Frostpetal. “Smolderpaw and Frostpetal still needs to be carried over and then graves need to be dug.

It hurt so bad, it hurt worse because he wasn’t crying for them but rather Seabreeze was crying for his sister who already had her mourning vigil and burial. He doesn’t…remember it well, he was too lost in his mind and the memories surrounding that time is all hazy and lost. But this wasn’t for her, this was for the warriors and apprentices lost in the raid. The tom stood up suddenly on shaky paws before he made his way over to the apprentice.

Seabreeze may have not had the best experience with dealing with the apprentice but he wasn’t going to hold it against the poor kid. He was holding onto hope that Seabreeze simply lost in a stupidly, loyal way. Seabreeze was impressed with how strongly the cat held to his morals till the end, “Alright, come on now. You did right by yourself and that’s all that matters in the eyes of death.” As he whispered to the apprentice’s body, Seabreeze picked him up and laid the smaller feline across his shoulders carefully making sure that the other’s tail didn’t drag.

Then he followed the rest of the cats out to the Sleepy Thicket. The final resting place. It’s been awhile since he’s been here. Seabreeze finally slowed and stopped when Mistyshard announced their arrival and began asking for help. The tom walked a few paces away from everyone and gently laid down Smolderpaw’s body. Taking care to fix up any too messy fur on the apprentice before turning to Mistyshard.

I can help with digging.” Then as his eyes flickered in the direction of her grave he faltered and amended his words to Mistyshard, “Just not where over there please. I’m still haunted myself.” Surely, Mistyshard understood given that the molly had faced countless lose in her own life. She can understand how particular you can find herself being to avoid being reminded. She can understand he doesn’t want to see his late sister’s grave.
[ @~MothDust~ - Frostmelt | @starry - Mistyshard ]

[forgive me for mistakes, I’m in mobile rn ;-;]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]

Last edited by Dolomedes; March 11th, 2024 at 04:01 PM.