Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 09:26 PM

Old April 6th, 2024, 05:32 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly
Default Re: WindClan Territory

Nectarpaw
21/100

tags; ( @taillow ; Bravebird , @Lightningpaw666 ; Lightningpaw )

he/him / windclan apprentice / people pleaser

The orange tabby apprentice had simply been kicking a rock around at camp when Bravebird approached him and Lightningpaw. The other apprentice was also mentored to Crowstumble, and apparently they also hadn't got much training. It was disappointing, to say the least, but when the Windclan warrior offered to host their training Nectarpaw's spirits were lifted.

White paws padded happily onto the grass, being carful not to treed on wildflowers. Nectarpaw freely embraced the wind blowing in his fur, glad to be outside once more. Green eyes trailed back to Bravebird as she asked the question.

"Erm.." Nectarpaw started hesitantly. He'd only gotten to practice hunting once before, but it was awful with his nub of a tail. On the other-hand, he isn't very strong and he would probably look clumsy trying to fight. He shook his head, right now its not..as important. What is important is getting training in that he needed and right now, battle training is what he lacked in.

"How about battle training first.. If that's okay with Lightningpaw." he meowed, glancing over to the other apprentice.

Last edited by nyx; April 6th, 2024 at 07:35 PM.
Old April 6th, 2024, 07:17 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever I am active always
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by taillow View Post
Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
Twilightstar's words of advice had been resonating with her all morning, and Bravebird found herself energized much more than lately. It was time that she let go of the past and started working towards a brighter future. Part of that meant training the Clan's next generation of warriors. She didn't have an apprentice of her own right now (all of Deadpaw's scent trails had led to dead-ends unfortunately) so that meant outside of her normal warrior duties she could focus on teaching those in the Clan who might need it.

Thankfully she had taken note of two apprentices who had been lounging around the clearing, having decided to round them up and take them out for some training. "Do you guys want to work on hunting first, or battle training?" Brave would offer a territory tour, but considering their mink infestation she figured it best to hold off for now. Her eye was pretty much healed, though still stung every once in awhile, and while she could fight she knew she couldn't do that and defend two apprentices.

[ Lightningpaw - @Lightningpaw666 ] [ Nectarpaw - @nyx ]
[ apologies, i misspelled a username! ]
Lightningpaw wanted to do hunting instead but he also knew Nectarpaw needed the fighting training. Unlike Lightningpaw, Nectarpaw was very gentle and not really wanting to fight. Lightningpaw was also kind but was willing to fight if the time came. Plus the two shared the same weakness of not being very physically powerful. Lightningpaw was fast on his feet but his small stature made fighting difficult for him.

Lightningpaw was a small cat with orange tabby fur short fur, yellow eyes, medium length tail pointy ears, and a scar of a Lightningbolt on his flank. However Lightningpaw only just started his training only being 6 moons old.

"Yeah we can go with fighting that's fine with me!" Lightningpaw would say willing to go along with the training that Nectarpaw most needed. "But don't think just cause we are training under the same mentor I'll go easy on you!" Lightningpaw challenged with a playful gleam in his eye.
Old April 7th, 2024, 09:49 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
The subtle bit of a challenge from Lightningpaw had Bravebird's blue eyes lighting up in amusement. It reminded her briefly of when her and Whisperbreeze had been apprentices, or when her and Peachfrost had - immediately she pushed the thought from her head with a blink. There was no time to think such things, not after she had just spent the better half of the morning crawling out her self-imposed "pit of despair".

"Battle it is. We'll start simple, since you two are both new to training. First move you're gonna want to learn is a front paw blow. You want to raise your paw, like this-" The lilac lynx-point lifted a paw high in the air and brought it down hard in front of her. The swipe was enough to create a gentle gust of wind. Looking to Nectarpaw, her whiskers twitched before she lifted a paw above his head. "When you bring it down," she continued, gently bringing her paw down to attempt to lightly touch the apprentice's head, "you can aim for their head to stun, or their eyes to disorient them. One good smack can work, but I've found most success in rapid swipes."

Backing up a bit so she didn't hit either apprentice, Bravebird demonstrated the move by drawing her paw through the air quick - bap-bap-bap - in a rapid succession. Now her blue gaze flickered to the pair. "To dodge, you can duck down," the added as she ducked her head down, getting into a crouch, "and then dart to the side." Legs pushing off the ground she sprang off to the side. "Now, let's try with Nectarpaw attempting the move, and Lightningpaw you try dodging. Okay?"

[ @nyx @Lightningpaw666 ]
Old April 8th, 2024, 07:19 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

Nectarpaw
22/100

A wide smile parted his maw and he let out a few chuckles. "Neither will I." he meowed, winking at the apprentice. Nectarpaw listened to Bravebird intently, if he wanted to impress the cats he should probably perfect this. He blinked at the warrior as her soft paw landed onto his head.

"Okay..front paw blow. Used to disorientate and stun." he looked up for a second before adding. "Probably more scary once unsheathed." Nectarpaw shuddered, thinking about an enemy warrior lashing an unsheathed paw onto his eyes or head.

He watched as Bravebird lashed out and demonstrated quick blows. He lifted a paw on his own and attempted a swift blow to the air. His blow produced only a small wisp of air and he shook his paw to play it off. Nectarpaw noted the way to dodge and felt a bit more confident that he could do it. The tabby apprentice gave Bravebird a quick nod and moved to face Lightningpaw. He shook out his body before tensing his muscles for the blow.

He darted forward and lashed a paw out, aiming for the apprentice's eyes. Then he lashed another paw aiming for Lightningpaw's shoulder. His face was calm and foucs but his eyes held a bit of nervousness in them.

Last edited by nyx; April 9th, 2024 at 06:17 PM.
Old April 8th, 2024, 12:47 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBringer. View Post
Whisperingpaw(143/100)
Beefed Up T1 [ACTIVE] Survival Instincts[ACTIVE] Just a Scratch

Whisperingpaw watched as Dustbunny vanished into the dark tunnel, his fur prickling softly. He waited in silence for a rabbit to come bounding out of the darkness, his eyes fixed on the tunnel entrance in front of him. Whisperingpaw braced himself as he heard rapid pawsteps and a warning before the rabbit burst out of the tunnel and ran straight for him. In a flash of orange and green, Whisperingpaw pounced on top of the rabbit, using his weight to pin it down. He struggled for a moment then bit down sharply on the prey's neck, a wet snap filling the air for a moment as he broke its neck.

A loud purr rumbled from the tunneler's throat as she exited the tunnels and found Whisperingpaw catching the rabbit. He struggled for a moment but was successful in the end. "That was great! You are fast and you timed it perfectly. Such a natural hunter."She praised, oddly proudly for the apprentice's success.

"Unless you wanna come down and catch some other critters with me, you can wait here while I look for something else to catch." Dustbunny meowed, uncertain if he wanted to learn more after catching the rabbit.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old April 9th, 2024, 02:26 PM

Bump Policy: Whenever I am active always
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyx View Post

Nectarpaw
21/100

A wide smile parted his maw and he let out a few chuckles. "Neither will I." he meowed, winking at the apprentice. Nectarpaw listened to Bravebird intently, if he wanted to impress the cats he should probably perfect this. He blinked at the warrior as her soft paw landed onto his head.

"Okay..front paw blow. Used to disorientate and stun." he looked up for a second before adding. "Probably more scary once unsheathed." Nectarpaw shuddered, thinking about an enemy warrior lashing an unsheathed paw onto his eyes or head.

He watched as Bravebird lashed out and demonstrated quick blows. He lifted a paw on his own and attempted a swift blow to the air. His blow produced only a small wisp of air and he shook his paw to play it off. Nectarpaw noted the way to dodge and felt a bit more confident that he could do it. The tabby apprentice gave Bravebird a quick nod and moved to face Lightningpaw. He shook out his body before tensing his muscles for the blow.

He darted forward and lashed a paw out, aiming for the apprentice's eyes. Then he lashed another paw aiming for Lightningpaw's shoulder. His face was calm and foucs but his eyes held a bit of nervousness in them.

Lightningpaw was hit with the first paw hit but ducked under the second and would attempt to swat back with his front paw sheathed during the third swat. Lightningpaw while pretty untrained was small and fast making dodging and countering more natural. Lightningpaw obviously was trying to do more than he was told. Treating this almost like a real fight albeit he kept his claws sheathed. (Is this okay actually attempting to counter?)

Last edited by Lightningpaw666; April 9th, 2024 at 02:27 PM.
Old April 9th, 2024, 04:03 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

(Solo post; please do not reply!)

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Character bio can be read here.

Wolffang tore across the open moor. A stiff breeze blew his whiskers back and flattened his single ear against his head, soaking into his fur like water and chilling him to the bone. Yet the sensation, unlike water's liquid pull, wasn't unpleasant. In fact, he basked in it. Today couldn't have been more perfect. Clear blue skies stretched in every direction, and from it poured golden rays by a glorious sun. They tempered the frigid air like a caressing lick from a gentle queen. Green grass coated the world, too, sending delicate scents of fresh growth into his nose and mouth.

But stronger was the tempting aroma of the rabbit who was bolting in the other direction. It streamed toward him, making his mouth water. Wolffang pushed harder against the ground. He sped up, and the rabbit's bobbing white tail drew closer. His vision seemed to narrow so that there was nothing but his prey and the swishing grass. "Tunnel vision," he called it.

Almost there... Wolffang pushed harder, gritting his teeth as his muscles bunched and strained. The rabbit was closer now. He sank into his haunches - then sprang. For a heartbeat, the world slowed. The sun glinted off of each sharp clawtip. His broad gray paws angled so they'd be in prime position. His shadow fell over the brown rabbit as it rapidly approached. It turned its head, beady black eyes reflecting terror and resignation...

Wolffang crashed into it, wrapping his legs around its neck. It shrieked, but it was too late. His teeth sank into the back of its neck, and he jerked his head to the side. Snap! The creature quickly went limp.

Panting with exertion, the former deputy scanned it. He smiled. That's a good one. It was nice and plump from newleaf's riches. He lifted his head and looked around. The vibrant green grass, the bright, blooming flowers, the breeze, the sun... Everything was perfect. A deep purr rumbled in his throat. Warmer days are coming. And with them, WindClan will prosper.

Of course, there were troubles. Minks had infested parts of WindClan territory, and RiverClan was getting aggressive. His claws dug into the earth. We'll deal with them. Life always throws something at us, and we always overcome it.

Wolffang leaned over and grabbed the rabbit's scruff. He dragged it to a gorse bush, where he carefully hid it. The world was alive with potential fresh-kill. He needed to weasel it out.

Scanning the area nearby, he came across some holes in the ground. The scent of mice was pungent. He licked his lips. Plenty of you to feed the Clan. Crouching down, he slid behind the bush and waited. One popped its head out. Wolffang pounced, snapped its neck, and quickly slipped back behind the bush. He did this a few more times. Once, he accidentally left his spot while the mouse was looking at him, and it disappeared down the hole, but another quickly followed.

He had three mice by the time he was finished. Wolffang dragged the gray creatures over to the rabbit. It was a nice bounty. And quite a difficult one to carry. That was all the hunting he'd do for now. But he was bound to find more.

As he gathered it all up and figured out which way was best for carrying it home, he couldn't help but feel so happy to just... be alive. Here in WindClan, his home, freed of his mental burdens and helping his Clanmates out instead of stuck in the stars, unreachable. Don't go where I can't follow, Leopardsong had pleaded. StarClan be cursed if he didn't do whatever he could to stay alive - although, of course, he'd do anything to protect and help his Clan.

There were still things to do, things he had to improve upon. He hadn't gone on patrols lately; he hadn't attended meetings or Gatherings. I still need to talk to Bravebird. But no guilt accompanied the thought. Wolffang was prepared to do what he needed to do, weighed down no longer. Energy fizzled in his paws as he headed home. The scent of prey-blood flooded his nostrils.

What a wonderful day.

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old April 10th, 2024, 07:42 AM
My element is water

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Bored

Wingbreeze- Expecting Queen she/her
Hawkflight- Warrior, and mate of Wingbreeze he/him

Wingbreeze's body was twisted up from where she had falled, a snake bite on her leg. Hawkflight's lifeless body was curled up near her, evidently haven tried to kill the snake and protect his mate.
@Moonraven
Old April 10th, 2024, 01:19 PM
⯎ Never Be Alone ⯎

Status: ♢You Dart across the floor♢ Try not to lose your head♢
Bump Policy: Unless I say otherwise, two days.
My Mood: Amused

Blazesong led Hollowfoot allllll the way out to the outsider border, slightly ragged from the wind. 'Lright, Hollowfoot, here's the Outskirts borders. Yous didn't cause trouble, 'll give you that much. Her lavender eyes watched him thoughtfully, surveying him up and down. You best be off. 'D wish you luck if y'weren't exiled, but'ch'are, so bye now. She flicked her tail in what she thought was a very mature way, then dipped her head, eyes fierce either way.

Don't 'spect us to shows mercy if you come back beg'n for mercy. n'less you ask for Twilghtstars. Then You might get to camp in one piece. she announced, eyes wide and one brown raised as she flicked a paw. She watched him intently. If he turned on her, she'd bites him, yep-yep. Lots, yep. Not that she thought he would. Hollowsfoot seemed freakishly calm about his own exile. She didn'ts trust it, nope-nope, not one bit. He better watch his paws! She wanted to bite! Twilightstar was so sad now. He deserved a good chomp! A really good, big chomp, yep-yep! No, no, no. She wasn't gonna chomp him, nope. She had to be goods. Really good. But she felt slightly smug about something. She couldn't help it. Snoozingthorn (Nobody could stop her now!) had leaped up and taken charge without asking, trying to lead him right out of camp, and she'd been chosen to lead the patrol! Ha! Hahas!

That was mean and she knew it. Immediately she felt a little sour for thinking such unmature thoughts. She was s'posed to be a warrior! A good, smart warrior! She was.... how old was she? Somewhere between ten and sixteen moons! Yeah! She didn't know, yep-yep. Unfortunately. Her memory failed her with remembr'ing her own birthday, yep-yep.

"Prepare for the horrors
This night will keep repeating over and over
And over
Until you make it to the end"

The cats are waiting for their toys impatiently
Old April 10th, 2024, 03:56 PM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Talented

Quote:
Originally Posted by blxze. View Post

Blazesong led Hollowfoot allllll the way out to the outsider border, slightly ragged from the wind. 'Lright, Hollowfoot, here's the Outskirts borders. Yous didn't cause trouble, 'll give you that much. Her lavender eyes watched him thoughtfully, surveying him up and down. You best be off. 'D wish you luck if y'weren't exiled, but'ch'are, so bye now. She flicked her tail in what she thought was a very mature way, then dipped her head, eyes fierce either way.

Don't 'spect us to shows mercy if you come back beg'n for mercy. n'less you ask for Twilghtstars. Then You might get to camp in one piece. she announced, eyes wide and one brown raised as she flicked a paw. She watched him intently. If he turned on her, she'd bites him, yep-yep. Lots, yep. Not that she thought he would. Hollowsfoot seemed freakishly calm about his own exile. She didn'ts trust it, nope-nope, not one bit. He better watch his paws! She wanted to bite! Twilightstar was so sad now. He deserved a good chomp! A really good, big chomp, yep-yep! No, no, no. She wasn't gonna chomp him, nope. She had to be goods. Really good. But she felt slightly smug about something. She couldn't help it. Snoozingthorn (Nobody could stop her now!) had leaped up and taken charge without asking, trying to lead him right out of camp, and she'd been chosen to lead the patrol! Ha! Hahas!

That was mean and she knew it. Immediately she felt a little sour for thinking such unmature thoughts. She was s'posed to be a warrior! A good, smart warrior! She was.... how old was she? Somewhere between ten and sixteen moons! Yeah! She didn't know, yep-yep. Unfortunately. Her memory failed her with remembr'ing her own birthday, yep-yep.