Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Fritter
Today 03:07 AM
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 03:06 AM
April Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Lightningpaw666
Today 02:22 AM
RiverClan Outsider Joining
by Estelle
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:04 AM
Roaring Cliffs...
by taillow
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:01 AM

Old July 27th, 2020, 10:22 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Croakingpaw unsheathed his claws so he stopped slipping before carefully sneaking forward, but he was stepping a bit to loud so he alerted the frog who hopped away, but towards Adderfang.
Quick as a flash Adderfang moved to redirect the frog to her apprentice with a stamp and a scooping paw barking out a "Think fast!" As the frog made to jump over his head. She'd tell him how and why he should step quieter later for now this was a good way to look at reaction time and lunging skills.
Old July 27th, 2020, 10:46 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

[ @Arie @Moon Lily ]

Snowball? Oh, that must be him. What was it with nicknames involving snow? Snowflake, Snowball... and Frosty. Out of all of them, he was fairly sure that the best one was Snowflake... or was be biased? Was it possible to be biased while choosing a preferred nickname? Frostpaw was feeling a bit lost, not knowing what on earth to do about the obvious and rising tensions that surrounded Doepaw and Irisflame. It was just his horrible luck to be caught in the middle of it all without any knowledge of why they were fighting so freely in the first place. Was it because of Irisflame's frequent and somewhat irritating comments...? And what was Doepaw saying about having beaten Irisflame up before? Alright, so he would be a sight guide. That didn't sound too difficult. It would likely be less confusing than attempting to decipher the ongoing argument around him. Frostpaw barely batted his tail at Irisflame's deathberry comment. It wasn't that he didn't believe her, but more that he was already too bewildered to care at the moment. Not that he was outwardly showing it. His confused expression and his understanding expression was about the same, as were those two and about every other one of his not-too-negative expressions. And deathberries were a perfectly necessary item to have in a medicine den, unless the current healer preferred plunging her claws into already-suffering feline's throats, of course. Did Irisflame just make another comment about his and Doepaw's nonexistent relationship status? Couldn't she just stop? And what was with that drawling, flirtatious voice? For guardians' sake, they were still apprentices! Senior apprentices, very close to becoming warriors, but still! Frostpaw wasn't even sure if he liked Doepaw that way. Well, he probably did but he might not, leaning towards the former. He hadn't had enough time to think it through, alright? Love and personal happiness had never been important to him before. Needless to say, the large tom was very relieved when Irisflame finally started listing which herbs that he and Doepaw would need to find. Marigold was straightforward, he hadn't known that dandelion was used by medicine cats, what in the world was coltsfoot, go near the twolegs place for catmint, and borage was fuzzy with purple flowers. Right. Hopefully he wouldn't forget all of that. Actually, that was a lot of herbs... how long would this herb-gathering patrol last? Would they just be wandering around the territory until they found everything? Frostpaw stood at Doepaw's poke and flicked his tail respectfully at Irisflame. He didn't miss the stray pebble that went flying in the medicine cat's direction. Padding quickly after his retreating tabby friend, the white tom quietly asked, "Should we head towards the twoleg place now and collect whatever herbs we find along the way?" Ha, he had said 'find' instead of 'see' that time.
Have a wonderful day!
Old July 27th, 2020, 10:54 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Quick as a flash Adderfang moved to redirect the frog to her apprentice with a stamp and a scooping paw barking out a "Think fast!" As the frog made to jump over his head. She'd tell him how and why he should step quieter later for now this was a good way to look at reaction time and lunging skills.
Croakingpaw flinched at first before outstretching a paw and raking his claws through the frog, yeah it was a messy kill, but he had killed it.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old July 27th, 2020, 11:27 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Croakingpaw flinched at first before outstretching a paw and raking his claws through the frog, yeah it was a messy kill, but he had killed it.
... Good enough start Adderfang supposed. Now for tips. "The reason the frog heard you was your steps, they're too loud. Lightly step onto the ground for a second like you're testing the ground then put your weight on it. It will slow you down in the beginning but as you grow more experienced it'll be unnoticeable. Also unless you're working with dangerous prey scoop with your paws to try to limit claw use, rabbits, rats, snapping turtles (though I would not recommend hunting them) and predators. Frogs don't generally require the same force they're not gonna hurt you only get you a little slimy." She meowed amused most of this seemed like things rectified with lots of practice, he had the base of the techniques down.
Old July 27th, 2020, 11:31 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
... Good enough start Adderfang supposed. Now for tips. "The reason the frog heard you was your steps, they're too loud. Lightly step onto the ground for a second like you're testing the ground then put your weight on it. It will slow you down in the beginning but as you grow more experienced it'll be unnoticeable. Also unless you're working with dangerous prey scoop with your paws to try to limit claw use, rabbits, rats, snapping turtles (though I would not recommend hunting them) and predators. Frogs don't generally require the same force they're not gonna hurt you only get you a little slimy." She meowed amused most of this seemed like things rectified with lots of practice, he had the base of the techniques down.
Croakingpaw nodded,” It’s hard to walk quietly in the mud” he meowed. As he tried to stalk quieter, still landing heavy with his front paws, but getting his back legs quieter.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old July 28th, 2020, 12:37 PM

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
+ @Rainquail +
[Apologies! Didn't see your post due to the @ not getting put in my mentions lol]

Whitepaw felt determination grow like a fire in his chest at the praise. Cloverwish almost never gave praise! This caused him to purr slightly,but he kept his stance at his mentor's words to start moving. Giving a nervous nod, he started moving, his limbs feeling weird due to the position. Continuing his movement, he made it about a fox length or two before stopping to let his limbs rest from moving in the new and uncomfortable position, kinda just standing crouched.

Once he felt like he was ready, he started going again, but again, his limbs felt weird and the movement made his limbs ache and scream at him to stop and just move around normally. This caused some problems, causing him to be a bit shaky as he kept going.
Stormfly frowned as her apprentice's stance was becoming shaky and obviously strained. No, not in disappointment, well, yes, but not at him specifically. His former mentor must not have worked with him....
Well, barring Crowskip but really, she hadn't done anything with him either, but she didn't have him very long before moving to the nursery.
"You are straining too much to be of use when hunting. Try a slightly lower crouch, and if you are still uncomfortable, give your legs a rest by uncrouching for a bit and try again."
She wanted to get right to hunting, she felt she had stayed far too long in the nursery as is and wanted desperately to feel useful.

@Splashy
((Sorry! I lost this somehow?? I'll try to keep up better in the future))

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old July 28th, 2020, 03:50 PM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Stempaw shrugged,” It worked. Yeah, no bird hunting yet.” she meowed before spotting a mouse an dropping into a hunter’s crouch sneaking forward before lunging and killing it.
assuming stempaw was talking about honeysnake's... methods of training, duskblossom shook her head. "just because something works doesn't mean it's correct or effective..." the warrior murmured in response, which was kind of making her start doubting a lot of things that she thought were right. deciding not to linger on that topic too long, duskblossom watched as stempaw got another mouse.

that was.. what? 1 squirrel, 1 mouse from duskblossom, and 2 mice from stempaw? dropping into a crouch again and keeping her body low, duskblossom crept around as she opened her mouth and scented the feint sniff of squirrel. following it obediently, the female jumped and overestimated the amount of force she'd need, sending the mouse fleeing faster than duskblossom could gather her bearings and chase it.

attempt #2. waiting a few moments before trying again, duskblossom wandered for a little bit, not finding any more prey until alas there was a strong odor of vole. getting into position, the warrior stealthily walked along the forest floor until she finally got close enough, took an extra second to make sure her force-to-distance ratio was correct, and made a dive for it, fumbling around as she got her footing right before quickly biting it.

"alright! that's.. 1 vole, 1 squirrel, and 3 mice in total? that should be about enough - we should probably go back before we won't be able to bring it all back. not that i dont think we could bring it all back if we caught more, pfftt, but this should be enough for a hunting trip!" taking the vole and mouse that she'd caught, duskblossom waited for stempaw to do her thing or reply and collect her prey before she went back. this was surely enough? 5 pieces of fresh-kill between the both of them was pretty reasonable, in her opinion.
Old July 28th, 2020, 04:13 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post

assuming stempaw was talking about honeysnake's... methods of training, duskblossom shook her head. "just because something works doesn't mean it's correct or effective..." the warrior murmured in response, which was kind of making her start doubting a lot of things that she thought were right. deciding not to linger on that topic too long, duskblossom watched as stempaw got another mouse.

that was.. what? 1 squirrel, 1 mouse from duskblossom, and 2 mice from stempaw? dropping into a crouch again and keeping her body low, duskblossom crept around as she opened her mouth and scented the feint sniff of squirrel. following it obediently, the female jumped and overestimated the amount of force she'd need, sending the mouse fleeing faster than duskblossom could gather her bearings and chase it.

attempt #2. waiting a few moments before trying again, duskblossom wandered for a little bit, not finding any more prey until alas there was a strong odor of vole. getting into position, the warrior stealthily walked along the forest floor until she finally got close enough, took an extra second to make sure her force-to-distance ratio was correct, and made a dive for it, fumbling around as she got her footing right before quickly biting it.

"alright! that's.. 1 vole, 1 squirrel, and 3 mice in total? that should be about enough - we should probably go back before we won't be able to bring it all back. not that i dont think we could bring it all back if we caught more, pfftt, but this should be enough for a hunting trip!" taking the vole and mouse that she'd caught, duskblossom waited for stempaw to do her thing or reply and collect her prey before she went back. this was surely enough? 5 pieces of fresh-kill between the both of them was pretty reasonable, in her opinion.
Stempaw flicked her tail in obedience,” Of course.” she meowed ready to go back to camp and begin her night training, as soon as the sun set.

Old July 29th, 2020, 02:08 AM
Just a Christian

My Mood: Queenly

+ @Rainquail +
Whitepaw found himself nodding to his mentor, lowering himself even closer to the ground and started moving, the determination as well as pressure to impress his mentor screaming at him at every movement. His movements felt a bit better from the lowering, but it still strained him due to having to be in a semi-new position. Standing for a second, he closed his eyes and imagined Beastspark's training. With his eyes closed, he padded forward, his ears perked for noises around him as he padded around a pinetree, ignoring the poking in his paws as he went.

Every pawstep slowly got him use to the position, causing it to strain less and feel more natural. Opening his eyes, he looked up at his mentor, staying in his crouch as he did so.

Character Site is in the works.
Old July 29th, 2020, 10:32 PM
a plant

My Mood: Yeehaw

Post Re: ShadowClan Territory

Venompaw was out hunting for today, she would bring back some prey to her mentor to show that she had the hunting part down. She was looking around her...and she bumped into someone else Omg Im so sorry I didnt see you, I was looking for prey and I got distracted and, Im sorry
@Radiantshine