Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan > ShadowClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
I'll come up with a name...
by ollie
Last post by ollie
Today 09:51 AM
RiverClan Floodstone
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:45 AM
Hawkcatcher's finder <3
Last post by leopardheart00
Today 09:43 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 09:40 AM
Raptor Hunting
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 09:38 AM

Old April 4th, 2024, 01:42 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Riddle me this… [Herb Gathering Event]

Bleedingkit
Shadowclan Kit | He/Him | 2 Moons | Just a Scratch

Well that was enough for Bleedingkit! He was enough of a follower and a people pleaser that he already hadnt wanted to leave camp and make the adults upset at him and with the encouragement (and so promises of praise and being like, Bleedingkits favorite thing) the kittens focus happily shifted to joining in on the activity.

"See Ashkit! We be ok, lets go see!" The other kitten hadnt wanted to go because she was scared of the medicine cats den right? Maybe Bleedingkit could help with that "If Mister Moss is mean Ill tell on her to Mama! Mama's Mister Moss' boss so Mister Moss! Ashkit doesnt like Dieing so none of that or I tell!" There, problem solved and there was no reason to be scared~ The little bengal shot the other kitten a wide grin before he wobbled over flanking her, excited to learn.

So from what Bleedingkit understood eating the red berries was bad even if they did look yummy. Made sense and he was satisfied after giving them a sniff to make sure he'd not forget the scent, but with everyone asking questions the little bengel felt he needed to as well.

Despite the shaking and how he wobbled with the motion a little paw raised in the air, wiggling, until it caught Mossfreckles attention before the kitten asked "Where you find Dead-berries? Is there a bad bush that makes them to run away from?"

@Dolomedes @Fawn<3

Last edited by Rani; April 4th, 2024 at 02:06 PM.
Old April 4th, 2024, 06:47 PM
burnout senior… for now

Status: I promise I don’t bite… well I do but it’s with love
Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3
My Mood: Angelic

Event [#event]

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat apprentice

LESSON TWO

Oriental shaped ears perked to take in the surprising amount of questions that the kits asked, words tumbling over each other as each bright eyed face started enamoured or horrified at the sight of the crimson berry that rested ever so gently under his white tipped paw, ”Deathberries are known to kill cats in seconds, Sleepykit, so as sad as it is, there is very little you are able to do so this best to prevent consumption in the first place,” a pause as he flipped through the questions in his starry mind, ”the berries are okay to touch though, in the end it is best to leave them alone and let Lostspark and I - and the select few we send out - to handle the berries and other poisonous herbs. As for the bush Bleedingkit, it’s a large and branchy tree that looks kind of like a pine tree,” seeing that there was no more questions the freckled medicine cat apprentice moved on to acknowledge the forever queen who had come in along with some of the straggling kits, ”Your presence is always welcome here Nightshiver, I will always appreciate an extra set of paws - especially when it come to the future of our clan.” Rolling options over in starry mind the oriental shaped feline contemplated the attention span of the kits gathered before him, he had one more herb with him so he would proceed onto lesson two before he stood and delivered the second to last riddle, ”Our next herb is Deadly Nightshade - or simply Nightshade - it has distinctive vivid purple flowers with erect yellow centers and once the blooms die the wilted buds form dark almost black berries that stick out from a star shaped flower looking bit that attaches them to the stem of the plant. Similar to Deathberries, Nightshade kills very quickly so it’s better to leave it be, cats will usually present usual signs such as gagging and vomiting and will be dead within a matter of minutes,” the freckled herbalist stood and stretched momentarily before continuing on, ”I am going to place these in storage and grab the last herb for our lessons then deliver the next rounds riddle, be good for Nightshiver.” Scooping the Deathberries and Nightshade gently up in his maw Mossfreckle padded from the mouth of the medicine den and into the belly, eyes blinking as his mossy hues adjusted to the ever dimming depths, the two poisonous herbs were placed in their proper place and in their place the feline grabbed a delicate purple flower before padding once again to the mouth of the den - eyes blinking the whole way as they readjusted to the afternoon sun, ”Fogwatcher, please keep an eye on this flower,” his tones where a throaty purr but they held a weight of authority within them, ”do not let its pretty features fool you.”

ROUND THREE

Mossy hues watched felines filter in and out for a moment, to his delight many had comfrey laden in their maws, ”Warrior and apprentices of Shadowclan lend me your ears,” Mossfreckle yowled from where he stood half way between the medicine den and the clearing - most of his focus still on the kits which he had positioned in his peripheral… he trusted Nightshiver and Fogwatcher but insecurity was raking at his tattered heart… it was better safe than sorry - ”the next riddle is as such - Rats!! But there is always ’morrow and the herb is a tall, leafy stemmed plant with flat-topped/ dome-shaped clusters of white flowers with yellow centers ,” for the time being the freckle spotted apprentice sat for a moment, curling his feathery tail over his dainty white tipped paws and watched the cats return out in yet another endeavour. Assured that the felines were off on their task, the oriental shaped medicine cat apprentice padded on diligent white tipped paws back to the medicine cat’s den and the awaiting gathered fluff balls.

ROUND THREE ENDS 8TH OF APRIL

❀⊱ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ♡ - - - ⊰❀

* All post will be made in this thread with a mention of where they are headed if you chose a place other than Shadowclan Territory for apprentices and up and the medicine den for kits
* IC your cat can find herbs based off of the description, I fully understand that some of these herbs will be unknown to your character. To get a point all you need to do is put your answer in brackets in bold at the top of your post, if the herb is correct OOC your character will net + 1 of such and you will get a point.
* Please only post once between each Mossfreckle post regarding to your task (post all participating characters at once) - for apprentices and warrior this will be returning and waiting for the next riddle for kits it will be going with Mossfreckle to the medicine cat’s den and then once per each lesson.
* You can join at anytime but if you are an apprentice and up you need to wait for the next riddle (round two) to participate, for kits you have until the first lesson post to join - just make a note you are joining in the den (IC Mossfreckle would prefer that participating kits attend all the lesson, however)
* Please note that IC Mossfreckle will scold kits who try to put the herbs in their mouth, these herbs are dangerous and will kill your kit your kit if consumed, if you are looking to do suck please seek other mean as this event is meant for clan engagement and not as a way to dispose of unwanted characters.
* points will be tallied at the end of the event

Feel free to vm if you have any questions or concerns

@Dust @SuspiciousMindz @Dark @vellichor @ItsATryp @naiad @Madelaine @furrensic @Dirtfur @Undertaker @Estelle @nykyrian @Silverware @Abyssopelagic @Willowfern @Rani @gs29513 @fading @JackHunt_17 @iliri @Willie Warf @LostInTheOrchids @Frozen Reign @Poprock @poppy @Fritter @Wintersun @Levi 99 @starry @Tiabirb @staurn @carmen @Nixey @Pitou @Swiftheart <3 @nyx @Galaxy_ @Lillith @taillow @bubble[error]. @Bean @Tecumori @Zei @SpiritWolf_yt @sol. @MockingRabbit @Wingnettle @Alchemist Kitsune @Ashwing @Rose @Caspian @Faith. @Streamtail @Red Dawn @Sakura. @lem~ @wendigo @hermeswind @Spookez. @SeonghwasBunnyEars @Scourge2346 @Ymir @FruitBatz @Cinnamon~ @Eden @Morrigan @Snowyfeathr @Omari @Katiethewolfchild @roo! @Spider-in-the-corner @Cubeisdagoat @Carrot @Zorua @Ladieratt @ChaosBringer. @hades. @R0ttenC4ndy @Neptune. @lane @Wyv3rn @peachfuzz~ @RavensCall @Sleek @Snips @Theodore_510 @silas @paris @Fish @Mica @hawkboi @JenxyMoo99 @Starphobia @*_Athena_* @spoon_ @Blueberry^^^Galaxy @Woody @ThePrettyPurpleDemon @lunartranquility @Kuwu @endlesshax @Samantha @Desert Rain Frog @Firestar512 @.Sunshine. @Fealixx_SIO @Moon Shark @Kieran. @lys.luvbot @lesbianism @Naila @chickadee @Collieheart @MangofDoom @arrow. @Marigoldwhisper @Artemis @StormyDays @ShadeCosmic @Myling @f0rg0tt3n_v0id @Beanz @Epiales @alec @IntrovertIRL @Never @Fawn<3 @MoonCat @kittycatburmise @MaplestrikeWCUE @ashstar1 @RoboPrism @Dolomedes @Littlesun0112 @zozelen @Moondapple @bramblemask @Blazing @JuniperSeed @20874 @ramen @DaffodilFlight @Cubehadtomakeanotherone @SootyPatootie

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat

Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Last edited by ellie; April 4th, 2024 at 06:53 PM.
Old April 5th, 2024, 03:42 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

Windflowerpaw
14/100

tags; ( n/a )

she/they / shadowclan apprentice / mood switches

Windflowerpaw frowned. She didn't understand the riddle much, but guessed it was a clue for what it did. She headed off anyways, looking for any flower that was white and dome looking.

Finding something that could be it, she nipped some off and took it with her.

+2 comfrey, +1 yarrow

[YARROW]

Last edited by nyx; April 6th, 2024 at 11:12 AM.
Old April 6th, 2024, 03:34 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

(+2 Wild Garlic)(Yarrow?)
Shrewstep had coped well with the first two riddles but was beginning to struggle quite a bit more as Mossfreckle evidently upped their difficulty. He really lacked anything to go on now, and so was left blinking in bemusement as the other cats hustled about camp and back out again. Perhaps he should have gone along for the kit lessons, he might have learned something instead of being on this wild goose chase! But no, he was a warrior, a rather old one at that, and had to be chasing herbs. The only thing he perhaps understood was the reference to rats. There was some plant cats had to roll in after encounters with rats, and while he had no idea whether it had white flower or anything of the sort, it certainly had a distinctive smell he was able to track down. Not particularly wanting to get that taste in his mouth Shrewstep settled for scratching about at the base of the plant in hopes of digging it up or something. Shockingly, this sort of worked. It had a strange, white lump on the bottom, but at least he hadn't needed to get any of the grass-looking but spicy-tasting plants juices onto his tongue. With two of the herbs-he-didn't-quite-know carefully held in his maw, he headed back to camp and dropped them outside the medicine den. Poor Mossfreckle was going to have to do a bit of sorting things once this strange scavenger hunt was over.

Last edited by gs29513; April 6th, 2024 at 05:19 PM.
Old April 6th, 2024, 05:53 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Birdkit
ShadowClan
she/her | 6 moons
[Blue-grey tabby with dark blue overcoat, white underside and amber eyes]
Purrks: Lyrebird's Lullaby [PERMANENTLY ACTIVE]
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Oh thank goodness, Freckle said they were okay to touch as long as they were careful. Her fluffed fur calmed a bit, and she was able to sit (mostly) still while he brought out a new herb and began talking about it. Birdkit listened intently as Freckle talked about the dangerous berries, describing them and giving a warning that they were very deadly. Birdkit eyed them. They didn't look very deadly! Personally, Birdkit thought it was dumb that some herbs were poisonous when they looked so tasty. Who thought of that?? Birdkit had half the mind to ask that question but Mossfreckle stowed the herbs away and asked an unfamiliar cat to watch over them while he went to give instructions for the other cats. Nuh-uh! Birdkit popped up to her paws and skittered after Mossfreckle. She didn't say anything, only kept by his paws as he called out orders.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old April 7th, 2024, 03:04 PM
Master of bad jokes

Status: Please bump me if I haven't replied to an rp I'm very behind schedule!
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Busy

Quietkit
Shadowclan kit

Another lethal herb, and quite an eye-catching one this time. Quietkit's interest was growing by the second as she surveyed the deadly nightshade with subtle admiration. She'd noticed that there was a pattern with these plants, the prettiest ones always seemed to be the most dangerous ones. Fooling cats with their looks and then ending them in an instance, quite an amazing tactic if you ask her.

Darkcloud
Shadowclan warrrior
Purrks: Just a scratch and Shadow fiend(both inactive)

[Yarrow]

Confusion clouding her amber gaze as Mossfreckle described the herb, Darkcloud didn't have a clue what herb this was so she'd have to have a pretty good guess and hope she got it right. Returning to the territory again, Dark searched intently for this mystery herb.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Last edited by Morrigan; April 7th, 2024 at 03:05 PM.
Old April 7th, 2024, 08:43 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Fogwatcher]
ShadowClan Warrior
Flock Together [T1] | Bilingual [T1] | The Collector

The warrior was very content with watching over the flower for the pretty kitty. He wouldn't be tasked with this if it weren't important, so he guarded the flower while Mossfreckle tended to the next riddle. His tail waved across the ground behind him as he sat. His gleaming eyes running over each curious kitten. This was a good idea. The best idea, actually. The more knowledgeable the clan, the better off they were!

[Rainkit]
ShadowClan Kit
No Purrks

Rainkit sat and listened. She'd remember those herbs. She'd remember the description of them and know what they do to cats. Honestly, the idea of a quick death appealed to her. It might be a bit morbid for her age, but her little mind was already filled with darker thoughts she locked away. This information would just add to that. She'd have to remember these herbs for when, or if, she'd ever need them.

Her dazzling blues watched the medicine cat walk away for a moment to address the other cats. Then they'd settle on the last flower, a pretty purple one that Fogwatcher was guarding very closely. She wouldn't be able to get near it as long as he was there, which was a good thing in this instance.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old April 7th, 2024, 11:45 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Bleedingkit
Shadowclan Kit | He/Him | 2 Moons | Just a Scratch

Ok so a bad berry bush existed and Bleedingkit was going to avoid it! As well as the new flower Mossfreckle brought out. Did all bad plants look pretty? Because these herbs all looked nice and not evil-harmful but actually were. Hmmm maybe Bleedingkit should just never touch a plant unless his Mama instructed him it was ok to... That sounded smart.

The little bengal had a question though, raising a wobbly paw again and asking "If dead-berries and night-plant are bad why have them? And why put them in the planty place with the good plants?" Bleedingkit just didnt get why they kept bad plants around at all if they were so bad?

Last edited by Rani; April 7th, 2024 at 11:45 PM.
Old April 8th, 2024, 08:42 AM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

starlingstreak

snakes and turtles, she had no idea what that was. starlingstreak sat in thought, trying her best to drudge the plant from the muck that was her memory. looking back up, it appeared that most of the remaining cats had dissapeared from the clearing. rats. jumping from her place in thought, she ran into the forest, head lowered as she observed the undergrowth. yellow and white, lovely. perhaps it would be better if more cats were knowledgeable about herbs and their uses, but that was an issue for the plebians, she was above all that, being famous and all. snatching up the first white plant she found, the tortoiseshell raced back to camp. “i’m not late! perfectly on time, as always!”

[ yarrow ]

that's all folks

unless?

rose stole carmen's identity
Old April 8th, 2024, 08:37 PM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

[yarrow] Eaglepaw looked for a warrior that she could leave camp with.

Flamepaw looked for a warrior to leave camp with.

Spiderpaw gathered what she thought was the herb with Shrewstep and 'Little'paw.

Littlepaw gathered what he though was the right herb with Spiderpaw and Shrewstep. @gs29513

Twistedkit listened. So Nightshade had purple flowers with a yellow center? She felt wrong being treated as a kit even though she ranked as one, as she was seven moons old. Her rank didn't make being treated like a little kit feel any less embarrassing.

Salamanderkit listened. She remained at the back, not bothering to peek around the larger and older kits as the big, scary, and strange cat described what nightshade looked likr. She was far too timid to ask any questions or even consider trying to eat the plants, which was stupid. Why would you try to eat something if you didn't know what it was especially if it would make you... whatever dead was.. The moon old kit might not know what dead was, but did know that it was probably something bad.
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.