Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Go to first new post It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by Ian
Today 10:40 PM
Twilight Falls
by Ian
Last post by ollie
Today 10:37 PM
hey brother, there's an...
by wolfie
Last post by wolfie
Today 10:32 PM
Three Peas in a Pod [p]
by Dark
Last post by Dark
Today 10:31 PM
Spear Fishing - Group...
by Bean
Last post by Tallstar
Today 10:21 PM

Old October 30th, 2023, 01:05 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

It was the dead of night when the WindClan leader made her way up the hillside and into the clearing. She moved as quietly as she could or at least tried not to step on the numerous crunch leaves that littered the clearing, and made her way over to the Galewood. Twilightstar made sure not to stray more than a tail length away from the tom that she was leading into the camp.

"We're going to visit the medicine cats, they're friendly I'm sure you'll like them." Twilightstar meowed to Crowtooth, veering around the large trunk of the tree to get behind it. The leader paused in front of the opening the lead underneath the tree and tossed an encouraging glance over to Crowtooth before lowering herself into the short tunnel that led the the space the medicine cats occupied.

"Cowtuft, Lightingstorm, are either of you still up?" Twilightstar called as she took a seat on the den flooring waiting to see if either one or both would answer her. She was hoping one or both would show up, she'd feel bad about having to wake them if they were sleeping yet she really needed them to look over Crowtooth's head alongside any of his older wounds. She wasn't sure if he'd be able to serve as a warrior as he currently was, and was in debate on making him elder. But if they said he was good to go, she'd see about working something out with Dustbunny.
@Alchemist Kitsune @wolfie @Rani

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old October 30th, 2023, 01:43 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Exiting the tunnels had shown the tom even the moonlight was not kind to him. While the sun had scorched his darkened eyes the first time he'd tried to leave the tunnels so long ago and left them aching for days while the moonlight had hurt it hadnt blinded so badly.

He'd fallen back a bit on this instance of exiting. Hissing as the bright moon hurt his eyes and had even been reluctant to try again for a good ten minutes until Twilightstar had coaxed him out with gentle words and promises of help. Still, the tom scorned the light in his state. It was too much to see, to feel, even in the darkened night and itd taken the solution of keeping his eyes sealed shut for him to edge away from the tunnel entrance and follow her into the open to the camp. It hadnt slowed him down though.

Even blind with eyes closed like a kit the tom had kept easy pace with the leader, ears flicking in paranoia of the newness of open air. But he'd traveled blind for as long as he clearly remembered. The tunneler was used to it and, padding with ears flicking around and whiskers brushing the ground he'd easily navigated and walked, a good sign in his state. It seemed even if it'd take a long time until he was alright with opening his eyes and seeing, even in the night, it wouldnt handy-cap him from rejoining the clan in hunting and life at all.

Still, going to the medicine cats for help was a good idea.

Following the old molly through the camp, nose twitching at the familiar not familiar scent the tom hesitated at the entrance to the dens. The sharp smell of herbs, the distant one of sickness and injury, it was familiar and a forgotten part of the tom feared it. Flashes of muffled memory of loneliness, fear and pain pain pain in weak sickness overwhelmed him for a moment and the toms bad breathing worsened in this. He didnt understand how and why or ever clearly remember it, but in a place like this his throat had been ruined. It was a scary thing and something told the tom he'd avoided places like this like the plague before.

Except.... This wasnt the old den. This wasnt the one Coyotesnarl had neglected him in, left Crowkit to choke. That difference was somehow enough for the tom to duck in and join Twilightstar, sniffing the air.

"I-" He hesitated, rasping and unsure "Im thinkin' of a name I think.... Somethin' familiar?" His head tilted to the smaller molly unsure, "Does the name Peach....Amber(?) mean anything? I can' remember ah face but the smell makes the names come." Memories seemed to be returning on a trigger and at faster pace, not lost to Crowtooth as might be expected.

@Alchemist Kitsune @wolfie @Moonraven
Old October 31st, 2023, 04:36 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningpaw |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

The more Lightningpaw interacted with this molly, the more she had to wonder why she had returned. It was clear this apprentice did not appreciate being close to her, and while normally she wouldn't take this to heart - it was hard to find fault at those being annoyed or in a sour mood due to feeling ill or injured - it seemed to almost run deeper with this one. As if it didn't have to be her - or a healer in general - but anyone. Perhaps she would be feeling better as the days progressed, or maybe she would prove to be just like the others. Lazy and content in letting others do things while she got away with the bare minimum. The lithe calico sincerely hoped that wasn't the reason this paw had returned. It didn't seem to be the case - not with her having denied skipping apprenticeship altogether - but the young medicine cat apprentice found herself being disappointed by clan cats as a whole in new ways every day.

Working swiftly - the wounds many but gratefully not complex enough to warrant an extended stay - the Oriental mix stepped back once she was done, settling nicely besides her mentor. Ears perked up, she noticed the signs the gentle giant was using to communicate with - the now confirmed - Silverpaw, and she couldn't help but wonder if the apprentice would understand him. Most WindClanners understood enough to get by, but this apprentice was... old. By apprentice standards, in any case. Tigerpaw old. And from context she could understand enough to know that Cowtuft had not been the medicine cat when this one had vanished. Whether the newcomer wanted to listen to her speak or not was irrelevant. Instructions for aftercare were given no matter who you were.

"Cowtuft believes Silverpaw is a lovely name. Reminds him of the moon. But on a more serious note, he's letting you know that you need rest. That leg's gonna need all the nest time it can get, innit? If it starts to bother you, come back here. Regardless, once you have regained some strength, come back for a general check-up. He'll want to ensure your wounds are healing along well. If that's all, however, I believe we'll be out of your fur now," Lightningpaw mewed, a sterner look on her face as she repeated her mentor's instructions before giving Twilightstar a nod, letting her know she was free to head on out with Silverpaw and take care of whatever extra business they might have.

@Moonraven [Twilightstar] | @wolfie [Cowtuft] | @Estelle [Silverpaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old November 2nd, 2023, 11:35 AM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

Cowtuft shuffled through his herb storage, picking out any withered herbs and pushing them into one pile. His nose wrinkled, letting out a small huff. Sometimes herbs would get mixed around and hidden. He tried to keep it organize but goodness, when healing he was always rushing. It was to his surprise to realize they DID have catmint. Cowtuft looked at it for a long while. ",, i just sent a patrol out to find more, " He shook his head and went back to organizing. After he was finished, he would discard the withered herbs.

[ relogging!
gathered on 9/29/23 : 3 cobweb, 1 stick
gathered on 9/28/23 : 7 catmint, 8 sorrel, 4 cobweb, 2 stick, 1 marigold
gathered on 9/15/23 : 3 dandelion ]

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; November 2nd, 2023 at 11:35 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2023, 10:56 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

[ CLOSED & done with @wolfie + @Alchemist Kitsune permission ]

Another day, another round of tampering.

Nothing of note had come from last time, so Scorchedfang decided to up the toxicity. Finding Cowtuft's supply of deathberries tucked beneath a leaf, he took a few extras and crushed them over a pawful of herbs. He didn't recognize them, but one had several bright yellow flowers on its stem.

Once he was satisfied with the amount of poison, he carefully discarded the berries, as he'd done before, and made his departure.

Hopefully this would have better results.
Old November 3rd, 2023, 09:18 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime i might be slow to Respond
My Mood: Cheerful

@wolfie

MeadowLark the new warrior of WindClan walked into the med den "hey got any herbs for this?" she asked showing CowTuft the large gash in her leg "i walked near a bager's set hehe" she chuckled "i guess being a new warrior does not mean i know the territory" she sat down in a nest
Old November 4th, 2023, 12:59 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

Lightningstorm could feel her lip curl at the unhelpful answer offered by the molly. Or rather incomplete. Yes, she had at the very least offered to tell her she was nauseous, but unfortunately the lack of details gave her very little information on how to proceed. Was she nauseous from having eating crowfood? Was her stomach upset from the tainted water at Twilight Falls? Deciding against her better judgement to assume the lack of a response meant she had done none of those things, she gently pressed her paw at the molly's side, only to draw it backwards the moment Tigermist began heaving.

Despite not looking forward to having to clean up a mess, the fact that the tabby seemed to not be emptying the content of her stomach anytime soon relieved the healer for a wholly different reason, a small sigh escaping her. She'd seen enough warriors go through these symptoms since her kit days to understand what was happening. Mood swings, rounder look, and nausea that seemed to come out of nowhere? Looked like the nursery was going to get a new queen soon enough. It honestly surprised her, that the apprentice who had been so vocal about wanting her freedom and her warrior status had decided to strip it all away and start a family so quickly, but she frankly wasn't about to judge her over it. Some felines simply enjoyed looking after kits or wanted to start their own families as soon as they found their soulmate - stars knew her mother seemed to find one of those every moon - and honestly, she was fine with it. Besides, there was plenty other reasons to judge this one, in any case.

"Well... I'm afraid I have some bad news for you, love," Lightningstorm mewed delicately, knowing full well their herb stores were heavily depleted still due to the shortage of herbs that had accompanied the heavy battle, move, and fire that the clan had experienced this year. "I am afraid that I can't heal you proper. I would offer some juniper berries, but I'm 'fraid I used up the last of those on some of my patients with breathing conditions. The ones affected by the fire, you know? The good news is, while the juniper berries might have taken away your nausea, they really wouldn't have cured you none. You're not sick, although..." the calico mewed, allowing an amused smirk to cross her maw as she spoke. "Might want to consider tellin' Twilightstar you'll be movin' to the nursery soon. Warriors' den is no place for kits, 'specially so close to leafbare."

@bubblegum. [Tigermist]
| Tigermist's pregnancy confirmed. We can continue the roleplay, but no need to respond past this if you prefer. |

Old November 4th, 2023, 06:18 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |

Lightningstorm could feel her lip curl at the unhelpful answer offered by the molly. Or rather incomplete. Yes, she had at the very least offered to tell her she was nauseous, but unfortunately the lack of details gave her very little information on how to proceed. Was she nauseous from having eating crowfood? Was her stomach upset from the tainted water at Twilight Falls? Deciding against her better judgement to assume the lack of a response meant she had done none of those things, she gently pressed her paw at the molly's side, only to draw it backwards the moment Tigermist began heaving.

Despite not looking forward to having to clean up a mess, the fact that the tabby seemed to not be emptying the content of her stomach anytime soon relieved the healer for a wholly different reason, a small sigh escaping her. She'd seen enough warriors go through these symptoms since her kit days to understand what was happening. Mood swings, rounder look, and nausea that seemed to come out of nowhere? Looked like the nursery was going to get a new queen soon enough. It honestly surprised her, that the apprentice who had been so vocal about wanting her freedom and her warrior status had decided to strip it all away and start a family so quickly, but she frankly wasn't about to judge her over it. Some felines simply enjoyed looking after kits or wanted to start their own families as soon as they found their soulmate - stars knew her mother seemed to find one of those every moon - and honestly, she was fine with it. Besides, there was plenty other reasons to judge this one, in any case.

"Well... I'm afraid I have some bad news for you, love," Lightningstorm mewed delicately, knowing full well their herb stores were heavily depleted still due to the shortage of herbs that had accompanied the heavy battle, move, and fire that the clan had experienced this year. "I am afraid that I can't heal you proper. I would offer some juniper berries, but I'm 'fraid I used up the last of those on some of my patients with breathing conditions. The ones affected by the fire, you know? The good news is, while the juniper berries might have taken away your nausea, they really wouldn't have cured you none. You're not sick, although..." the calico mewed, allowing an amused smirk to cross her maw as she spoke. "Might want to consider tellin' Twilightstar you'll be movin' to the nursery soon. Warriors' den is no place for kits, 'specially so close to leafbare."

@bubblegum. [Tigermist]
| Tigermist's pregnancy confirmed. We can continue the roleplay, but no need to respond past this if you prefer. |
(I'll just do a simple short post of her leaving in happiness)

*Tigermist's jaw dropped and ran off*

help choose my new cat's clan

◺--------------◿

Last edited by bubble[error].; November 4th, 2023 at 06:19 PM.
Old November 6th, 2023, 03:24 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

She could hear the sounds of shuffling and voices before her name was called, and the lithe calico was swiftly up. Yet another sleepless night for her after the stars forsaken half baked message sent to them by those whose heads were so far up in the sky she wasn't certain they really understood the living anymore. If they did, they would certainly be a bit more empathetic, she would assume. This was of course if one believed they cared, which quite frankly the younger of the WindClan healers was starting to be more and more inclined to believe was very much not the case. Twilightstar's voice was like a balm for her boredom, however, and swiftly she was up, a light call to her mentor trilled before she bounded away to meet up with the leader and... whoever this cat was.

In an instant it was clear this cat was... not okay. It was a miracle in and of itself that he at least seemed to be able to move! Never had she seen a cat look more skeleton than fur, and the closer she got the more she noticed bunches of what appeared to be bugs encrusted to his fur, big, gray and bulbous in nature. Lightningstorm had never seen such a creature, and was only convinced they were bugs instead of warts by the movement some of those bulges presented. Nothing was as astounding, however, as the lack of infection in the air. The young molly would have assumed a cat looking as distraught as this one would be teeming with disease, yet despite the heavy scarring and obvious wounds suffered in time, those seemed to be long healed - or as close as some came to said state - with the feline's lack of nutrition and bug situation taking clear precedence.

The tom's words as the medicine cat approached catching her attention, the wiry framed molly tilted her head in confusion. Peach? Amber? There was only one Peach she knew of, and that was Peachfrost. As for Amber... she knew no one with that name... although she would be lying if she didn't admit to having a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that she should know who this tom was speaking of. Regardless of the situation, the molly decided introductions were in order, and offering the leader a welcoming grin, she opened her mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by a yawn she quickly stifled before attempting to communicate once again.

"Awake and raring to go, Twilightstar. Fraid I'm neither Peach nor Amber, love, but I'll do what I can to help. Name's Lightningstorm, and I'm one of WindClan's medicine cats. Reckon it's alright with you if I get a bit closer and ask you some questions? Our herb stores can help, but only if I know what I am treating," the molly asked, waiting politely by the tunnel's entrance.

She had seen enough cats in bad condition to know that just because they had arrived here or been escorted here by the leader it wasn't a guarantee that they wanted to be tended to. There were neither enough herbs in their stores nor did she have the patience to waste her time. The spotted healer would of course treat a patient without question, no matter their condition... but she would not do so at the detriment of her own life. If the warrior was just as likely to attack her as they were to be treated by her, the only help she would offer was showing them to the exit and tell them to come back when they'd gotten their heads out of their arses long enough to grasp at the common sense needed to not make idiot remarks. This tom seemed to be relaxed enough despite his obvious injuries, but one could never be certain. Besides, most illnesses were much more than skin deep. She couldn't tell if the cat was emaciated due to an inability to hunt due to illness or injury or due to a lack of hunger until she got to talk to him, now could she?

@Moonraven [Twilighstar] | @wolfie [Cowtuft] | @Rani [Crowfoot]

Old November 6th, 2023, 07:04 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 27 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Red_Fang
Cowtuft's floppy ears perked up as a feline walked into his den. A small gasp at the gash over their leg, nodding his head up and down. Yikes! That didn't look fun. He did pause for a moment, eyebrows furrowing together. "Pardon? Dear, did you never receive.. a tour of the territory ..when you were an apprentice..?" He signed with his paws, huh. That was particularly strange! Cowtuft didn't believe Twilightstar would have missed that. Maybe this was a new cat. New, new.

Their name was escaping him. He shook his head back and forth before shuffling off into his herb storage. They needed treatment, anyway. Luckily it wasn't a very large wound. He grabbed a marigold flower and begun to chew it up while he took the cobweb back with him to meet the warrior.

He sat down in front of them and spat out the poultice onto his paw pad. Then, he dabbed it into their wound before wrapping it in cobwebs. "That should do it..!"

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @poppy. @lem~ @Alchemist Kitsune || SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG
Cowtuft shuddered. Watching someone attempt to coax a herb down an unconscious patient's throat he felt as if he was one doing it. It was one of the less unpleasant yet needed actions.,, he could've saved Cloudpaw the experience but alas, it was hard to get a word in. And probably a good learning opportunity. Don't sneak out kids.

The splotched medicine cat sat a tail-length away, predominantly supervising as Lightningpaw handled the specifics of it. He figured Ravenpaw would be alright. The bloodloss was concerning (and he didn't have much experience with snakebites so perhaps it was normal for it to be this profusely) but they didn't appear to be fatal. He did wonder if Cloudpaw was telling the full story, eyebrows furrowing close together. Quite a coincidence but Cowtuft didn't press.

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Moonraven @Rani @Alchemist Kitsune
Sometimes when things got.. difficult he would relive his traumatic experiences in his sleep. Somethings were muscle memory and on this specific night — it was unpleasant. Cowtuft was not in his nest but deep in the quarantine section of his and Lightning's den. His eyes were closed and his movements were jagged, pacing about the room and stopping every so often. Leaning down to do something, chewing motions, dragging his leg behind him and moving panickily. His eyes were open but it was clear Cowtuft was anywhere but his den. Not truly. He talked often in his sleep but the words weren't quite right, not clear and sometimes was only warbling noises. Squeaks, and yelps.

At least he wasn't outside of his den this time. He was unaware of the noises happening in the main section of the den or that he was simply needed. Cowtuft was stuck in a loop of a nightmare. A given with Lilypool's death. Clearly, at one point in his current scenario he had used up all his herbs. He attempted to enter his herb storage. Keyword is attempted. Cowtuft was never graceful and this did not change even when sleepwandering.

His shoulder bumped against the wall harshly and he stumbled, a loud yelp falling his lips. Paws smashed onto something squishy, though he didn't quite feel it due to the lacking of sensations in his frontpaws. His limp hindleg thumped with pain in resistance to the fall and Cowtuft was awake. Gasping, and gulping down air for the life of him. He was here, here, here.

There was blood on his paws.

Cowtuft screamed.

Until he realized the proper cause — small deathberries — "Oh bloody hell, " The massive tom hissed lowly. Right. Right. He was in his herb storage. Why of all places was he in here? "Blimey,, " he murmured, shaking his head back and forth with brewing confusion. He wasn't sure what time it was as he tried to wipe the berry juice off his paws. He exited the herb storage to be met with three cats in his den.

Uhm. He looked outside to see the dark, night sky. He looked back. One of the cats was ,, quite large and goodness, Cowtuft's expression softened with immediate concerned. They were clearly not doing so hot. He was a bit confused and still sleepy, so he dipped his head in greeting. Heat flushing his fluffy fur. Right. One of the cats was Twilightstar. She was the only cat he knew with one-eye. The other had large ears,, calico markings. Feather. Feather in her fur. Lightningstorm. Cowtuft was fairly certain the other cat was a newcomer. He was also fairly certain he didn't have any the proper herbs to help them.

Their eyes were shut, damaged? They didn't have celandine and it looked like bugs were on their fur. No mice bile. "Good evening, dear, " He cleared his throat softly, voice scratchy from underuse and a bit shaky. "Apologizes,, if I startled you.. uhm, got.. a bit startled m,, myself, ah.. " He offered up, tail flickering back and forth. He didn't believe they had any herbs to help this feline at the moment unless they wanted a poppy seed. Cowtuft would have to go out and find specific herbs. The matted fur,, well,, he didn't have a proper clue about that. Or the dent in their head. Golly! What could've happened there?

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; November 6th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.