a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Warriors' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallulah View Post

Bravebird
She/her | 42 moons | Beefed Up T3 • One with the Warren
From where she had been finishing up her grooming in her own nest, Bravebird looked up at the sound of approaching paws. Ears swiveled forward as she recognized Dunecall and offered the tom a soft smile. It quickly turned into a frown however after hearing him refer to himself as an 'old sack of bones'. Wasn't he only two moons younger than her? She certainly didn't see herself as old - hopefully that wasn't how her Clanmates saw her either.

Without saying anything (except giving a snort) the warrior reached over and used her teeth to pinch the flea and remove it from the tom's pelt. It tasted disgusting and she quickly spit it out onto the ground, crushing it underneath one of her paws. "There, should be gone now." She offered a tense smile and gave a nod before turning back to finish the rest of her grooming. "Might want to get that cough checked out," she added as she smoothed down a patch of fur on her shoulder. "Don't want it getting worse for your 'old sack of bones'"

[ @Wingnettle ]
Dunecall
Windclan
48 moons | he/him

The Collector | Herbal Knowledge T1
Thankfully, he smiled back at the white-grayish she-cat and sat down beside her nest, on the bare ground (which felt a bit cold, but he didn't mind as long as he had good company). [B]"Thank you, my friend. It was really nagging, believe me!" Oh, his coughing was just fine. Why worrying over such trivial matters? He knew it was only fleeting.

"Would you mind keeping company to this old guy?" he chuckled, then raised his leg to groom it underneath, cause he felt a bit of itch and the fur there used to get ruffled up all the time. "Mhh, mhh. Y'know what, I might just go to Twilightstar one of these days and ask for an apprentice. I fear she doesn't want to give me these weights because she thinks I should already be in the elders' den, mhh."

He licked the other leg, keeping it straight and upward. Ah, Twilightstar will fly before she'll see him in the elders' den! No, he'll keep being a warrior as long as he had life in his veins, hopefully. "And what'bout you, little Bird? Do you have any apprentices right now under your wing?" he asked, genuinely not remembering whether she had one or not.

(Dunecall was aged to 48 moons, hope you don't mind!)
Old February 19th, 2024, 04:00 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Fallownose
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Fallownose allowed the flavor of the rabbit to coat his tongue as he chewed. The cold may have made the texture tougher and lessened the flavor, but it was still his favorite kind of prey.

Swallowing, he laughed at Firestorm's words, leaning in to quickly take another small bite before responding.

"I'm already gray, just not old! But I would love to see how far you've progressed. I still remember taking you and a few other apprentices out to teach you battle moves a long time ago."

Fallownose wished he could go back to those days we're everything in WindClan had been much more peaceful than it was now. Alas, it was impossible, and he would instead have to focus on the future.

Glancing at his nest, he made a spur of the moment decision and gently plucked a feather woven in with the moss out. Fallownose liked to decorate his nest with trinkets he found while he was out and about. He wasn't sure if Firestorm decorated hers, but it still couldn't hurt to show his appreciation for her kindness.

"Here. I found this about a moon ago, and I think it would suit you."

@Dark

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Burn Baby Burn

Firestorm found herself laughing at the deputy’s joke. He was indeed grey but not old! Of course, when she had said that, she hand’t been referring to his pelt color, but the joke was appreciated nonetheless.

The mention of the brief battle training that Fallownose had given her back then made her feel a twinge of sadness in her heart. Both her sister and Berrynose (then Berrypaw) had joined her in the training but were both gone in some shape or form. Berrunose being dead, and Sunpaw having gone missing about haflway through their apprenticeship. She wished she had been closer to both of them in the time that she had, but unfortunately she had taken that time for granted – something she would be sure to not do again.

Getting ready to comment on it, she noticed that the grey tom appeared to be looking for something. Thankfully, she didn’t have to wait too long, as Fallownose presented her with a feather. All the sadness from their conversation, and previous distrust of the tom due to Cowtuft’s exile quickly faded away as her eyes lit up with excitement. ”Ooh thank you, Uncle Fallow~!” She purred happily, heart swelling with gratitude from receiving a gift from her hero. Taking the feather from him, she began to rush to her nest, calling over her shoulder ”I’ll be right back, just you wait!”

Having woven the trinket into her nest in a similar manner, she bounced back (or as much as she could) to the older warrior. ”Ooh Fallowy Wallowy~” She chirped happily, plopping herself right back next to him. ”We should go back out! You and me! Teach me some more battle moves, ‘kay?” she asked, pale orbs gleaming with the prospect of a chance to spend more time with one of the mostest coolest cats in the clan (After her, but before Twinkles -- the other spots were still being determined, but Spots may very well overtake him). 'Please please please say yes!' She begged inwardly, hoping that he would agree to her request. The orange tabby couldn't even imagine how cool she'd be if she learned more personally from the deputy and future leader of the clan himself! Oh oh oh! Maybe she could also convince Twinkles to teach her a little something. What cat in the clan could say they learned from two leaders of the clan at some point? Not many, surely!

[ @/Lillith ]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old February 21st, 2024, 06:10 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Littleshoc blinked.
(Closed)
Old February 24th, 2024, 09:53 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

nighthail rests.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old February 25th, 2024, 01:17 PM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Rabbiteye still existed.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old March 3rd, 2024, 02:07 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!

| Dapplebreeze |
Agatha Kitty - Active | Silver Tongue - Active | Beefed Up [Tier 1] - Inactive

The senior warrior had heard the news. She had been out hunting when she'd gotten a dreadful feeling in the pit of her stomach. Fear. It was... disconcerting. To feel so vulnerable while on WindClan territory. It had made her concerned, remembering her daughter and apprentice gone on that scouting patrol with Twilightstar. Realistically she was certain nothing would happen. The patrol had a myriad of warriors. Felines of all levels of expertise together for what no doubt would be a fun excursion. Perhaps lead to the discovery of a new shelter for dire situations. Emergencies like that dreaded fire from seasons before.

Dapplebreeze hadn't seen them yet. Neither Bravebird nor Brightpaw. Not after hearing about the attack. Oh, how foolish she'd felt. She should have argued with Twilightstar. Added herself to the patrol. She wasn't strong enough to fight a minx. The senior warrior was proud, yes, but realistic. And yet she could always hope... that maybe if she'd been present she could have taken the brunt of the attacks for her darlings. She would gladly expend her life to ease the suffering of those in her charge. It did not matter how old her daughter was, she would always be her little bird, and the task to safekeep would forever be hers, even from afar.

And yet she had failed. Had not been there for her clan. She wasn't naive enough to believe that she should have known. That Twilightstar should have known. Because who would have known, really? But reason had little hold here as the icy feeling of self perceived cowardice ran through her veins. It had taken her so long to even approach her. Hadn't been able to look her daughter in the eye after her having failed being there that day. Would her little bird understand that if she had known she would have been there? That if she could change places with both of them she would have in an instant?

The former queen had no idea, but she knew better than to stand around pondering on the what ifs of her actions. She had lost her son and lived a life full of regret over words spoken that could never be taken back. Over what had been left unsaid. She refused to have a repeat of this with her darling bird. She would not see her become another Whisperbreeze.

Gingerly, she stepped into the warriors' den, hoping to find her there. Dapplebreeze had no clue what she'd say. What the conversation would lead to. And it turned out... she wouldn't find out here. Not today, in any case. Her little bird was nowhere to be seen... albeit... there was perhaps another bird in the nest? Her eyes still getting used to the den's dim light, the patched she-cat allowed her gaze to rest on a red brown tabby pelt she had seen her darling flocking to quite often of late. And it took little thought to remember he had been a part of that patrol as well. His injuries screamed as much. Concerned, remembering his amicable nature last they had spoken, his eagerness to help, she approached, silently sitting besides him as she assessed his injuries. Not wishing to disturb him in case he found himself asleep.

@Micanomancy [Hawkfur]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old March 3rd, 2024, 09:49 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Dapplebreeze |

The senior warrior had heard the news. She had been out hunting when she'd gotten a dreadful feeling in the pit of her stomach. Fear. It was... disconcerting. To feel so vulnerable while on WindClan territory. It had made her concerned, remembering her daughter and apprentice gone on that scouting patrol with Twilightstar. Realistically she was certain nothing would happen. The patrol had a myriad of warriors. Felines of all levels of expertise together for what no doubt would be a fun excursion. Perhaps lead to the discovery of a new shelter for dire situations. Emergencies like that dreaded fire from seasons before.

Dapplebreeze hadn't seen them yet. Neither Bravebird nor Brightpaw. Not after hearing about the attack. Oh, how foolish she'd felt. She should have argued with Twilightstar. Added herself to the patrol. She wasn't strong enough to fight a minx. The senior warrior was proud, yes, but realistic. And yet she could always hope... that maybe if she'd been present she could have taken the brunt of the attacks for her darlings. She would gladly expend her life to ease the suffering of those in her charge. It did not matter how old her daughter was, she would always be her little bird, and the task to safekeep would forever be hers, even from afar.

And yet she had failed. Had not been there for her clan. She wasn't naive enough to believe that she should have known. That Twilightstar should have known. Because who would have known, really? But reason had little hold here as the icy feeling of self perceived cowardice ran through her veins. It had taken her so long to even approach her. Hadn't been able to look her daughter in the eye after her having failed being there that day. Would her little bird understand that if she had known she would have been there? That if she could change places with both of them she would have in an instant?

The former queen had no idea, but she knew better than to stand around pondering on the what ifs of her actions. She had lost her son and lived a life full of regret over words spoken that could never be taken back. Over what had been left unsaid. She refused to have a repeat of this with her darling bird. She would not see her become another Whisperbreeze.

Gingerly, she stepped into the warriors' den, hoping to find her there. Dapplebreeze had no clue what she'd say. What the conversation would lead to. And it turned out... she wouldn't find out here. Not today, in any case. Her little bird was nowhere to be seen... albeit... there was perhaps another bird in the nest? Her eyes still getting used to the den's dim light, the patched she-cat allowed her gaze to rest on a red brown tabby pelt she had seen her darling flocking to quite often of late. And it took little thought to remember he had been a part of that patrol as well. His injuries screamed as much. Concerned, remembering his amicable nature last they had spoken, his eagerness to help, she approached, silently sitting besides him as she assessed his injuries. Not wishing to disturb him in case he found himself asleep.

@Micanomancy [Hawkfur]
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 48 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky-blue eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur had been lightly snoozing when he heard and smelt someone coming into the den. He had been content to drift back to sleep, but both the sudden pause of the new cat and the ache rising in his wounds forced him to crack open his eyes and stare blearily at the cat in front of him. Ah, Dapplebreeze. He slowly pushed himself to a sitting position, yawning widely. His injuries weren't as bad as Bravebird's, but his front left leg had obviously been chewed deep, swaths of cobwebs wrapped around weeping wounds that left him unable to put much pressure on the leg while it healed. A few bite marks and scratches littered his shoulders and flank, though only one or two of them seemed worthy of cobwebs. His eyes were dull and tired, however, and he regarded Dapplebreeze a bit warily. Did she blame him for Bravebird's injuries? For not being able to protect her? Oh, maybe he should have pretended to be asleep so she could kill him quietly, without much fuss. Stupid Hawkfur stupid stupid!

Hawkfur swallowed past the dryness in his throat. "Er, was there uh, something you needed?" He asked quietly, head tilted in what he hoped looked nonthreatening and curious. If she wasn't here to kill him for being a failure, maybe she needed something. He would always be willing to help.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old March 4th, 2024, 05:47 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!

| Dapplebreeze |

There was a nervousness to the tom's demeanor that the senior warrior could not quite understand. Was it nightmares over what the patrol had gone through? Was it guilt for not having been able to foresee the unforeseeable? Was it... something else entirely? Perhaps he was like her? A sense of discomfort quick to form whenever he was down and out? Resting due to mandated recovery from the rather aptly named medicine cat. His instant question coaxing a polite smile, however, the patched feline shook her head, her eyes closing momentarily as she did.

"You'll have to excuse me, my dear. I was looking for Bravebird, hoping to find her here, but... well... I suppose it's not like her to stay put even when ordered to by Lightningstorm herself," she mewed, a light purr in her throat. True, she wished her daughter would listen if only for her own sake, but there was undisguised pride at the fact that even when injured so she would not allow herself to be a detriment to her clan.

"Seeing you here though, my darling... Well, I am well aware that my daughter was not the only one in that patrol. It will be a sad day for WindClan when us warriors cannot look past our own noses to care for every one of those that surrounds us, wouldn't you say? So tell me, Hawkfur, how have you been? I heard the fight was quite brutal. Minks... of all things. It seems we are always being challenged in some new way, this clan of ours."

Dapplebreeze found herself shaking her head again, this time a level of tiredness in the motion. The vision of an exhausted, older she-cat was soon dissolved, however, as she opened her eyes, a burning bloodlust and hunger for battle clear in them as she gazed down at the tom with some scrutiny. Hawkfur was injured. That told her he had fought for his clan, and she approved wholeheartedly. Any warrior who returned without a scratch while apprentices had incurred the creatures' wrath was a coward in her eyes, unworthy of the title of warrior of WindClan. But she sought more from this one. A deeper understanding. She hadn't missed the glances exchanged between him and her sole remaining kit. Surely no one would blame her for wanting to see how he fared in the aftermath. Wanting to learn what made him tick.

@Micanomancy [Hawkfur]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old March 4th, 2024, 06:19 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Dapplebreeze |

There was a nervousness to the tom's demeanor that the senior warrior could not quite understand. Was it nightmares over what the patrol had gone through? Was it guilt for not having been able to foresee the unforeseeable? Was it... something else entirely? Perhaps he was like her? A sense of discomfort quick to form whenever he was down and out? Resting due to mandated recovery from the rather aptly named medicine cat. His instant question coaxing a polite smile, however, the patched feline shook her head, her eyes closing momentarily as she did.

"You'll have to excuse me, my dear. I was looking for Bravebird, hoping to find her here, but... well... I suppose it's not like her to stay put even when ordered to by Lightningstorm herself," she mewed, a light purr in her throat. True, she wished her daughter would listen if only for her own sake, but there was undisguised pride at the fact that even when injured so she would not allow herself to be a detriment to her clan.

"Seeing you here though, my darling... Well, I am well aware that my daughter was not the only one in that patrol. It will be a sad day for WindClan when us warriors cannot look past our own noses to care for every one of those that surrounds us, wouldn't you say? So tell me, Hawkfur, how have you been? I heard the fight was quite brutal. Minks... of all things. It seems we are always being challenged in some new way, this clan of ours."

Dapplebreeze found herself shaking her head again, this time a level of tiredness in the motion. The vision of an exhausted, older she-cat was soon dissolved, however, as she opened her eyes, a burning bloodlust and hunger for battle clear in them as she gazed down at the tom with some scrutiny. Hawkfur was injured. That told her he had fought for his clan, and she approved wholeheartedly. Any warrior who returned without a scratch while apprentices had incurred the creatures' wrath was a coward in her eyes, unworthy of the title of warrior of WindClan. But she sought more from this one. A deeper understanding. She hadn't missed the glances exchanged between him and her sole remaining kit. Surely no one would blame her for wanting to see how he fared in the aftermath. Wanting to learn what made him tick.

@Micanomancy [Hawkfur]
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 48 moons
[Russet tabby with tuxedo markings and sky-blue eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Bravebird mention - @tally (come here and get some Bravebird praise)]
· · ────────────── · ·
Hawkfur seemed to relax as Dapplebreeze settled down and began to chat, the red warrior stretching his injured leg out so it stopped aching. He chuckled when she referenced Bravebird's inability to stay put even when ordered to, shaking his head fondly. It was something that both vexed him and made him like her even more, because as much as he wished she would take care of herself, her drive made him want to be a better warrior himself.

Then Dapplebreeze cast a pointed look to his wounds, mentioning the mink patrol, and Hawkfur visibly folded in on himself, gritting his teeth and staring at the ground. She wanted to know how he was? Why? He had left her daughter to get mauled by minks. He should have ignored Twilightstar's orders and gone straight to her. If he had, maybe she wouldn't look at him so... strangely.

Forcing his jaws to part and words to rise like bile from his throat, Hawkfur answered. "I've been alright. My injuries aren't severe, and I'll be back up soon." Not soon enough. He felt his sanity dripping like water from icicles with every moment he spent pent up in camp, alone with his thoughts. "We were very lucky," he admitted, "Twilightstar was able to organize everyone so we weren't picked off one by one." Well, almost everyone. Hawkfur felt actual bile rise in his throat, and he hastily swallowed it down, clearing his throat and blinking up towards Dapplebreeze. "I had never fought a mink before, and let me tell you, I never want to do it again." He shuddered. "Horrible creatures."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old March 6th, 2024, 12:11 PM
♡Me, myself, and I♡

Bump Policy: ✮Every Other Day✮

Redstrike✮He/Him✮ 20 Moons✮Straight ✮Warrior ✮App: Orangepaw
After speaking with his new apprentice, Redstrike padded into the Warrior's Den quite tired. He went over to his nest and seated into it, not ready to sleep. He laid down and began thinking of what to teach Orangepaw tommorow.

⋆⋆☆⋆⋆⋆⋆☆⋆⋆
☽.Xai.☾
♰He/Void/Zir/They♰
⋆。°✩Genderfaun✧.°
♡Taken♡