Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 01:32 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by CallMeCrimson
Today 01:26 PM
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by Lucythecat
Today 01:22 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 01:09 PM

Old April 6th, 2018, 10:19 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default In the Aftermath of Turmoil [private]

[[i apologize for the shortness of this starter ahh but it's late as it is]]
@Duskflight

After the Gathering had broken into their separate Clans and departed from the Seastones, Rabbitfluff remained in a daze of wonder and anxiety, an odd cross of emotions of an equally odd time of tension between the Clans. Luckily, SkyClan seemed to be keeping out of it despite Grousestar's small dispute with Fallenstar. He suppressed a shudder as he recalled the RiverClan leader's ... audacity. Not the most tactful, but Grousestar had handled it with professionalism and grace. Speaking of his friend, he saw Grousestar among the scattered clanmates heading back to their territory and caught up with the tabby tom, falling in step with his taller companion.

While he didn't know why he felt the need to speak with him, Rabbitfluff determined it had to be either a sense of duty--being a friend to Grousestar--or maybe a way of calming his own gnawing fear over the increasing lust of blood among the other Clans.

"Hi," he greeted, tone amiable enough. Most wouldn't even get that from him. "That.. was," he paused, "a rather turbulent meeting, but if I may... I'd like to compliment you on your boldness." He recalled the way surprise had swept over him when Grousestar firmly spoke out against Fallenstar, who had it rightfully coming to him. "I expected nothing less of you, of course, but you were quite eloquent in reminding Fallenstar of his position." It simply wasn't in Grousestar's playful nature-- at least what he'd witnessed, but nevertheless he was pleasantly stunned by it.
Old April 9th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: In the Aftermath of Turmoil [private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benrito View Post
[[i apologize for the shortness of this starter ahh but it's late as it is]]
@Duskflight

After the Gathering had broken into their separate Clans and departed from the Seastones, Rabbitfluff remained in a daze of wonder and anxiety, an odd cross of emotions of an equally odd time of tension between the Clans. Luckily, SkyClan seemed to be keeping out of it despite Grousestar's small dispute with Fallenstar. He suppressed a shudder as he recalled the RiverClan leader's ... audacity. Not the most tactful, but Grousestar had handled it with professionalism and grace. Speaking of his friend, he saw Grousestar among the scattered clanmates heading back to their territory and caught up with the tabby tom, falling in step with his taller companion.

While he didn't know why he felt the need to speak with him, Rabbitfluff determined it had to be either a sense of duty--being a friend to Grousestar--or maybe a way of calming his own gnawing fear over the increasing lust of blood among the other Clans.

"Hi," he greeted, tone amiable enough. Most wouldn't even get that from him. "That.. was," he paused, "a rather turbulent meeting, but if I may... I'd like to compliment you on your boldness." He recalled the way surprise had swept over him when Grousestar firmly spoke out against Fallenstar, who had it rightfully coming to him. "I expected nothing less of you, of course, but you were quite eloquent in reminding Fallenstar of his position." It simply wasn't in Grousestar's playful nature-- at least what he'd witnessed, but nevertheless he was pleasantly stunned by it.
{It's totally okay, no reason to worry !!}

Grousestar had made sure to wait for Auroraflame and the rest of the clan at the designated boulder before they began to make their hurried journey back home in the rain. However, the leader hung back, letting his clanmates and deputy race on ahead. His face was drawn into a stony, emotionless one and his eyes distant, not completely paying attention to what was going on around him. He was buried in his thoughts, analyzing what he said, what the other leaders had said, the course of events that had happened. The leader analyzed his own actions, his own words and the response of the other leaders. How Blazingstar had seemed to almost stand with him against the Riverclan leader. It wasn't something that he could get over. And it surely wasn't a mistake that the Windclan leader had done so. As for the Riverclan leader. Somehow that tom had managed to get completely under Grousestar's skin. Had dug under his happy demeanor to take out something he never wanted to express in front of his clanmates, in front of anyone. That was reserved to times when he could be alone and express it freely. He needed to be the happy, friendly, cheerful tom that everyone seemed to know. They didn't need to know that he could be anything else but that.

A familiar voice met his ears, drifting through the cloud of thoughts to bring him back to the present, his fur drenched and a sharply concentrated look on his face. Looking over, he felt the look soften and the beginnings of a smile touch his lips. It was Rabbitfluff.

"Greetings Rabbitfluff." He meowed back quietly, matching his own pace with the pace of the tom next to him. "I appreciate it, however it was not something I anticipated on doing and quietly regret doing so." There was a soft sigh that followed this statement, his head turning forward, his tail lowered, nearly touching the muddy ground but not quite doing so. "As delightful as it is to put someone in their place, it's set a gear in motion I believe. No one will be forgetting this gathering, no one will forget what was said and what is done so I will have to live by my words and my choices. I only hope that were right and that I was not the one to bring on the wrath of Starclan that killed an innocent messenger."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 10th, 2018, 09:55 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
{It's totally okay, no reason to worry !!}

Grousestar had made sure to wait for Auroraflame and the rest of the clan at the designated boulder before they began to make their hurried journey back home in the rain. However, the leader hung back, letting his clanmates and deputy race on ahead. His face was drawn into a stony, emotionless one and his eyes distant, not completely paying attention to what was going on around him. He was buried in his thoughts, analyzing what he said, what the other leaders had said, the course of events that had happened. The leader analyzed his own actions, his own words and the response of the other leaders. How Blazingstar had seemed to almost stand with him against the Riverclan leader. It wasn't something that he could get over. And it surely wasn't a mistake that the Windclan leader had done so. As for the Riverclan leader. Somehow that tom had managed to get completely under Grousestar's skin. Had dug under his happy demeanor to take out something he never wanted to express in front of his clanmates, in front of anyone. That was reserved to times when he could be alone and express it freely. He needed to be the happy, friendly, cheerful tom that everyone seemed to know. They didn't need to know that he could be anything else but that.

A familiar voice met his ears, drifting through the cloud of thoughts to bring him back to the present, his fur drenched and a sharply concentrated look on his face. Looking over, he felt the look soften and the beginnings of a smile touch his lips. It was Rabbitfluff.

"Greetings Rabbitfluff." He meowed back quietly, matching his own pace with the pace of the tom next to him. "I appreciate it, however it was not something I anticipated on doing and quietly regret doing so." There was a soft sigh that followed this statement, his head turning forward, his tail lowered, nearly touching the muddy ground but not quite doing so. "As delightful as it is to put someone in their place, it's set a gear in motion I believe. No one will be forgetting this gathering, no one will forget what was said and what is done so I will have to live by my words and my choices. I only hope that were right and that I was not the one to bring on the wrath of Starclan that killed an innocent messenger."
The change in Grousestar's demeanor upon seeing his presence reminded him that perhaps there was at least a shell of the leader he knew, even if it had been a night that'd taken its toll on everyone.. but in particular, the leaders. Perhaps it was more troubling to stay in the middle of this mess than be amongst the fighting, as they were being pressured to choose a side, none of the others taking their neutral stance as an answer to conflict. How these Clans had managed to survive so long being at each other's throats all the time was beyond him, though he did worry for SkyClan's future, assuming they would have to get involved in some way eventually.

Although a bit surprised by his regret, he said, "Understandable, but you shouldn't believe that your words sparked any animosity that wasn't already there. I believe RiverClan has bigger issues to contend with-- the Clans' paws are full." If Grousestar was concerned his actions had suggested a quiet alliance, Rabbitfluff didn't think he had to concern himself with that; nobody expected anything from him, yet they all were trying to grab SkyClan's favor. Eyes narrowed in thought, he inquired, "Do you believe that's set a negative precedent? I simply cannot fathom that they'd stoop to organizing an attack." Not only would that be foolish of RiverClan, but also highly unnecessary and poorly planned given the circumstances.

Rabbitfluff's mood was darkened by the mention of the messenger's death, a sign of an angry StarClan as far as he knew. His stomach twisted. "If it's of any comfort," Rabbitfluff cleared his throat, trying to shake the horrible memory away, "I don't believe StarClan's fury was directed at you." There was a cold tone to his meow, a sharp edge directed not at Grousestar but at the other leaders -- through their actions during the Gathering, none had won any favor or sympathy from him. They all behaved like kits, and StarClan had sent a grisly reminder. "Any reasonable cat would agree that what you did was justified, considering what that... furball was saying." How he'd been acting was atrocious for a leader, and Rabbitfluff mused about how the tree could have squished him instead, and perhaps ended many struggles of the Clans. It wasn't that he believed it should have happened that way--after all, no death was preferable, but if it had to have been someone.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old April 12th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

The change in Grousestar's demeanor upon seeing his presence reminded him that perhaps there was at least a shell of the leader he knew, even if it had been a night that'd taken its toll on everyone.. but in particular, the leaders. Perhaps it was more troubling to stay in the middle of this mess than be amongst the fighting, as they were being pressured to choose a side, none of the others taking their neutral stance as an answer to conflict. How these Clans had managed to survive so long being at each other's throats all the time was beyond him, though he did worry for SkyClan's future, assuming they would have to get involved in some way eventually.

Although a bit surprised by his regret, he said, "Understandable, but you shouldn't believe that your words sparked any animosity that wasn't already there. I believe RiverClan has bigger issues to contend with-- the Clans' paws are full." If Grousestar was concerned his actions had suggested a quiet alliance, Rabbitfluff didn't think he had to concern himself with that; nobody expected anything from him, yet they all were trying to grab SkyClan's favor. Eyes narrowed in thought, he inquired, "Do you believe that's set a negative precedent? I simply cannot fathom that they'd stoop to organizing an attack." Not only would that be foolish of RiverClan, but also highly unnecessary and poorly planned given the circumstances.

Rabbitfluff's mood was darkened by the mention of the messenger's death, a sign of an angry StarClan as far as he knew. His stomach twisted. "If it's of any comfort," Rabbitfluff cleared his throat, trying to shake the horrible memory away, "I don't believe StarClan's fury was directed at you." There was a cold tone to his meow, a sharp edge directed not at Grousestar but at the other leaders -- through their actions during the Gathering, none had won any favor or sympathy from him. They all behaved like kits, and StarClan had sent a grisly reminder. "Any reasonable cat would agree that what you did was justified, considering what that... furball was saying." How he'd been acting was atrocious for a leader, and Rabbitfluff mused about how the tree could have squished him instead, and perhaps ended many struggles of the Clans. It wasn't that he believed it should have happened that way--after all, no death was preferable, but if it had to have been someone.
Grousestar flickered his gaze over as he heard his friends response. That's why he liked to talk with Rabbitfluff, he had a good head on his shoulders, he was intelligent and he didn't sugarcoat it. He always provided good insight, and it helped when his own head wasn't clear, full of doubts and frustrations. "I wish the animosity didn't exist at all. I don't want to make an enemy, and I hate to see these clans suffer with war after liberating them. I didn't risk Skyclan lives just for them to go at each other like a bunch of undisciplined rogues." The tip of his tail flicked in frustration. He didn't like to think the clans owed him, or Skyclan anything, but he did think he at least deserved for them to not try and kill each other. To bring him and his clan into unnecessary conflict and take Skyclan lives. However, Rabbitfluff's question brought him out of frustration, head shaking with certainty.

"No. I don't think they would dare do such a thing. And even if they did, they'd be walking into something that they wouldn't easily get out of." Pupils narrowing, the leader frowned, looking ahead again. Despite being humble, he believed Skyclan was far better than any other. It was his clan, his family. Their strength was unrivaled, as was their cunning. If it so happened that another clan did attack, they would be walking into a deathtrap. During the liberations, Skyclan had not used their usual tactic of attacking from above, from the trees, so that was certainly a trick they still had up their sleeve.

The leader's expression softened a bit as his friend cleared his throat, emerald eyes focusing on him again. Blinking, he would nod his head slightly, putting thought into it before deciding to believe him. Snorting, he couldn't help but feel slight anger rising in him again, just at the thought of Fallenstar. "I wish he hadn't gotten to me like that. I shouldn't have acted like that in front of my clan, or any other for that matter. I don't want everyone to think of me as that... That's not me." A rumble of thunder rolled through the sky, followed by a sigh from Grousestar. "I didn't even want anyone to know I had that side to me. And yet he brought it out."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old April 16th, 2018, 06:44 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Grousestar flickered his gaze over as he heard his friends response. That's why he liked to talk with Rabbitfluff, he had a good head on his shoulders, he was intelligent and he didn't sugarcoat it. He always provided good insight, and it helped when his own head wasn't clear, full of doubts and frustrations. "I wish the animosity didn't exist at all. I don't want to make an enemy, and I hate to see these clans suffer with war after liberating them. I didn't risk Skyclan lives just for them to go at each other like a bunch of undisciplined rogues." The tip of his tail flicked in frustration. He didn't like to think the clans owed him, or Skyclan anything, but he did think he at least deserved for them to not try and kill each other. To bring him and his clan into unnecessary conflict and take Skyclan lives. However, Rabbitfluff's question brought him out of frustration, head shaking with certainty.

"No. I don't think they would dare do such a thing. And even if they did, they'd be walking into something that they wouldn't easily get out of." Pupils narrowing, the leader frowned, looking ahead again. Despite being humble, he believed Skyclan was far better than any other. It was his clan, his family. Their strength was unrivaled, as was their cunning. If it so happened that another clan did attack, they would be walking into a deathtrap. During the liberations, Skyclan had not used their usual tactic of attacking from above, from the trees, so that was certainly a trick they still had up their sleeve.

The leader's expression softened a bit as his friend cleared his throat, emerald eyes focusing on him again. Blinking, he would nod his head slightly, putting thought into it before deciding to believe him. Snorting, he couldn't help but feel slight anger rising in him again, just at the thought of Fallenstar. "I wish he hadn't gotten to me like that. I shouldn't have acted like that in front of my clan, or any other for that matter. I don't want everyone to think of me as that... That's not me." A rumble of thunder rolled through the sky, followed by a sigh from Grousestar. "I didn't even want anyone to know I had that side to me. And yet he brought it out."
Rabbitfluff hadn't taken Fallenstar's anger too seriously. "Just seems like a new leader trying to push himself above the experienced ones," he muttered under his breath, "so I hardly think anything will come of it, though perhaps he's reconsidering his position in the forest." He wasn't the high and mighty leader he believed himself to be, and what Grousestar said to him maybe made him think about that. "It's a stretch to claim SkyClan has drawn any lines in the sand." Everyone had been frustrated with Fallenstar as far as he was concerned, SkyClan was merely the one that ended it. "But I understand," Rabbitfluff meowed with a sigh, his head lowering in slight defeat as he thought about their time among the other four Clans. "I don't know how they've managed to survive so long if they're like this with one another-- it's simply cruel and unnecessary." Unrefined, they were little more than the savage cats kittypets thought they were.

Although he had been willing to hold his tongue, he realized he had to know. "What do you think of SkyClan's presence... here? Do you believe we're better off, living with them?" Sure, they'd rescued the Clans from the clutches of evil, but aside from gain a new territory and a bit of extra land, it sometimes felt like they were the little fish in a big sea. They may be the stronger Clan since they weren't involved in the petty fights of the rest.

"You've set a fine precedent to them. They would have to be mousebrains to not realize SkyClan shouldn't be disrespected, and I agree-- it would not be in his interest to focus his belligerent attention upon us." But if he did, StarClan forbid, he had confidence they'd soon learn what a mistake they'd made.

Unsure if he should attempt to comfort Grousestar, or if the situation even warranted it, he was silent for a moment as he thought about that. "Even if he managed to get under your pelt, it was the most graceful lecture I've witnessed in my time, so I hope you're not ashamed of your actions. You're well-spoken, and snapping at the fishy furball didn't change that."

Old April 20th, 2018, 01:18 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

Rabbitfluff hadn't taken Fallenstar's anger too seriously. "Just seems like a new leader trying to push himself above the experienced ones," he muttered under his breath, "so I hardly think anything will come of it, though perhaps he's reconsidering his position in the forest." He wasn't the high and mighty leader he believed himself to be, and what Grousestar said to him maybe made him think about that. "It's a stretch to claim SkyClan has drawn any lines in the sand." Everyone had been frustrated with Fallenstar as far as he was concerned, SkyClan was merely the one that ended it. "But I understand," Rabbitfluff meowed with a sigh, his head lowering in slight defeat as he thought about their time among the other four Clans. "I don't know how they've managed to survive so long if they're like this with one another-- it's simply cruel and unnecessary." Unrefined, they were little more than the savage cats kittypets thought they were.

Although he had been willing to hold his tongue, he realized he had to know. "What do you think of SkyClan's presence... here? Do you believe we're better off, living with them?" Sure, they'd rescued the Clans from the clutches of evil, but aside from gain a new territory and a bit of extra land, it sometimes felt like they were the little fish in a big sea. They may be the stronger Clan since they weren't involved in the petty fights of the rest.

"You've set a fine precedent to them. They would have to be mousebrains to not realize SkyClan shouldn't be disrespected, and I agree-- it would not be in his interest to focus his belligerent attention upon us." But if he did, StarClan forbid, he had confidence they'd soon learn what a mistake they'd made.

Unsure if he should attempt to comfort Grousestar, or if the situation even warranted it, he was silent for a moment as he thought about that. "Even if he managed to get under your pelt, it was the most graceful lecture I've witnessed in my time, so I hope you're not ashamed of your actions. You're well-spoken, and snapping at the fishy furball didn't change that."
Despite the words being muttered and his brain being slightly muddled by the previous events, Grousestar had caught the words that came out of Rabbitfluff's mouth. The tip of his tail wriggled in quiet frustration again, but he bit his tongue. He would have to give it more thought when he wasn't in a state like this, when he wasn't frustrated, angry, and worried about Starclan. He needed to have a clear mind so that he wouldn't handle this situation in the wrong way. "A stretch, but one I hope other's haven't reached yet. I dislike choosing sides, though.." A gust of breath escaped him as he shook his head, admitting to what he didn't wish to admit. "Skyclan will eventually choose a side." As for his friends last words, he could only nod. The leader completely agreed. He just couldn't understand or even fathom why they were like this. Was there just some deep seeded belief that their must always be war? That peace must be a fleeting thing and not everlasting? The only group that had made his view on peace falter was the Dusk Syndicate, and now, they were gone, dismantled. There was no good reason to fight, and it seemed the only reason the other clans were doing so was because of alliances.

The question caused the Skyclan leader to pause, his paws stopping in the mud and his gaze fully turning to the warrior. His jaw tightened slightly and for a long moment there was nothing but the sound of rain and distant rumble of thunder. "I don't.. I don't think I can answer that question right now." He eventually mewed, slowly his paws beginning to carry him forward again.

And the leader fell quiet again, letting Rabbitfluff talk to fill the gap but not offering much of his own input. Right now, he felt as if he had one hundred moons resting on his shoulders and wished for nothing more than a warm den and rest, Rabbitfluff's company as well, but he was sure the warrior would want to rest.

Grousestar offered a small smile, his emerald gaze focusing on the smaller tom for a moment before mewing, "Thank you Rabbitfluff. I appreciate it."

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old May 15th, 2018, 12:50 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Despite the words being muttered and his brain being slightly muddled by the previous events, Grousestar had caught the words that came out of Rabbitfluff's mouth. The tip of his tail wriggled in quiet frustration again, but he bit his tongue. He would have to give it more thought when he wasn't in a state like this, when he wasn't frustrated, angry, and worried about Starclan. He needed to have a clear mind so that he wouldn't handle this situation in the wrong way. "A stretch, but one I hope other's haven't reached yet. I dislike choosing sides, though.." A gust of breath escaped him as he shook his head, admitting to what he didn't wish to admit. "Skyclan will eventually choose a side." As for his friends last words, he could only nod. The leader completely agreed. He just couldn't understand or even fathom why they were like this. Was there just some deep seeded belief that their must always be war? That peace must be a fleeting thing and not everlasting? The only group that had made his view on peace falter was the Dusk Syndicate, and now, they were gone, dismantled. There was no good reason to fight, and it seemed the only reason the other clans were doing so was because of alliances.

The question caused the Skyclan leader to pause, his paws stopping in the mud and his gaze fully turning to the warrior. His jaw tightened slightly and for a long moment there was nothing but the sound of rain and distant rumble of thunder. "I don't.. I don't think I can answer that question right now." He eventually mewed, slowly his paws beginning to carry him forward again.

And the leader fell quiet again, letting Rabbitfluff talk to fill the gap but not offering much of his own input. Right now, he felt as if he had one hundred moons resting on his shoulders and wished for nothing more than a warm den and rest, Rabbitfluff's company as well, but he was sure the warrior would want to rest.

Grousestar offered a small smile, his emerald gaze focusing on the smaller tom for a moment before mewing, "Thank you Rabbitfluff. I appreciate it."
"I'm aware," Rabbitfluff meowed, a touch flippantly but wasn't dismissive of what Grousestar was saying. It was more resigned, as if they both knew it would eventual boil over and SkyClan would be forced to determine which road they were going to take, which Clan was the one less wrong in a pool of immoral, opportunistic leadership. "If tensions ease, you won't have to." But that seemed silly, they never truly went away or faded. Grudges were held forever here, brought up at any chance to get the other Clan to bend-- he suppressed another sigh, once again reminded of how barbaric the rest of the Clans behaved.

He wanted to suggest that Grousestar attempt to wager peace between them since nobody needed wars and more blooodshed, but he figured it would fall on deaf ears or result in temporary peace. Everyone had the innate notion that war was the standard and peace was the abnormality, that wasn't something they could talk out of them. And when Grousestar murmured that he couldn't answer, Rabbitfluff nodded numbly and offered a simple, "Of course." Emotions were high right now, he understood.

"I hope you.. acknowledge that I would be willing to listen in the future, if--perhaps--you'd like someone to speak with, or run ideas by." Although he believed Grousestar already knew, he didn't want his best friend to be trapped in his own mind, thinking there was nobody to turn to. "I've appreciated this chat as well. You're," a pause, "delightful to converse with."

Old May 22nd, 2018, 04:25 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

"I'm aware," Rabbitfluff meowed, a touch flippantly but wasn't dismissive of what Grousestar was saying. It was more resigned, as if they both knew it would eventual boil over and SkyClan would be forced to determine which road they were going to take, which Clan was the one less wrong in a pool of immoral, opportunistic leadership. "If tensions ease, you won't have to." But that seemed silly, they never truly went away or faded. Grudges were held forever here, brought up at any chance to get the other Clan to bend-- he suppressed another sigh, once again reminded of how barbaric the rest of the Clans behaved.

He wanted to suggest that Grousestar attempt to wager peace between them since nobody needed wars and more blooodshed, but he figured it would fall on deaf ears or result in temporary peace. Everyone had the innate notion that war was the standard and peace was the abnormality, that wasn't something they could talk out of them. And when Grousestar murmured that he couldn't answer, Rabbitfluff nodded numbly and offered a simple, "Of course." Emotions were high right now, he understood.

"I hope you.. acknowledge that I would be willing to listen in the future, if--perhaps--you'd like someone to speak with, or run ideas by." Although he believed Grousestar already knew, he didn't want his best friend to be trapped in his own mind, thinking there was nobody to turn to. "I've appreciated this chat as well. You're," a pause, "delightful to converse with."
If tensions ease. His mind repeated, a sigh being released internally. Perhaps Grousestar was losing his touch of optimism for even he couldn't see the tensions just going away. They were too strong, if anything, they were likely only to grow stronger before boiling over into war. But Rabbitfluff likely already knew that, he was a smart tom, smarter than himself Grousestar would happily admit, and there was nothing wrong with that. "I only hope that Starclan will help guide my choice if the time comes." Murmured the tom with a meager glance upwards. The rain didn't seem to want to stop anytime soon and it would likely rain throughout the night.

Despite the heavy and rather dark emotions running through the leader, he couldn't help but smile at his friends offer. It was an offer he already knew existed, even if it hadn't been stated verbally yet. The compliment however was a surprise and it even caused his brows to arch; it had caught him off guard. Even in this state, when optimism and joy seemed to be fleeting, he had enjoyed the conversation?

"I appreciate the offer. In fact, I just may take you up on it. Would you be free later in the evening? I need to clear my head first, but afterwards I'd be more than happy to discuss things if you would have me. And.." The brown tabby paused, flicking his ear, fixing his emerald gaze momentarily on his shorter friend. "You're certainly a good conversationalist as well."

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?