Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Character Resources

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Rowan
Today 04:29 PM
ShadowClan Medicine Cat...
by ellie
Last post by sillycreatur
Today 04:27 PM
May Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Spider-in-the-corner
Today 04:20 PM
{~SomePerson's Rickety Art...
by Myling
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 04:20 PM
Grandpa bonding time! [P]
by Poprock
Last post by Poprock
Today 04:11 PM

Old September 11th, 2017, 08:00 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default SkyClan Medicine Cat Applications

SkyClan Medicine Cat Applications

As the sidebar and Clan News suggest, SkyClan is left without a medicine cat after Ebonyfrost's recent resignation. We will be hosting applications to fill the role, but it is imperative that you thoroughly read the information below before submitting a response.

The Aforementioned Important Information That You Absolutely Must Read or Bad Things Will Happen

As always, the High Rank eligibility standards apply.
Quote:
High Ranks are earned. ... To remain a candidate, demonstrate consistent activity over the course of the previous sixty days, abide by all Guidelines, and be an active, friendly, and contributing member of Warrior Cats Online.
We are searching for a non-traditional character to step into this rank. It is open to apprentices, warriors, senior warriors, and younger elders, but make the character stand apart from what is painted as the "usual" medicine cat! Uniqueness (not to be confused with a lack of realism) is ultimately what we're looking for in your character, which can be anything from personality, past experiences, age, physical characteristics, etc. Being shy, awkward, talkative, or having an uncanny ability with herbs are not considered unique traits.
We have no preference between preexisting and newly-created characters. You are not obligated to include whether this character currently exists or has just been made.
Specifically for past High Rank holders: You can feel free to apply if your "cool down time" has expired, however we will likely choose someone who has not had a previous high rank. Current High Rank holders: Share encouragement if you'd like, but please don't be dismissive of your fellow users by commenting on your inability to apply.
If your application is illegible or otherwise difficult to read, we will be forced to discard it.

Do not apply if:
You cannot publish at least three main roleplay posts per week (does not have to be with the high ranking character).
You are unwilling or unable to participate in site-wide plots.
You would like your character have a love interest and/or kits as the medicine cat and expect they will keep the rank.
The character described in your post is not the character you will be using in roleplay.

Application Process

To avoid forcing the staff to be organized for once limiting creative freedom, there is no form. Your application task is to simply reply to this thread, telling us about your character in your post. It can include as much or as little information as you'd like, and there are no length or structure requirements.
Using a form, picture, or a character site link anywhere in your application will result in disqualification.
Seriously, we will delete your post and we won't even give it a funeral.

Applications can be edited up to September 21st, 2017 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time, and we will be selecting someone on September 23rd, 2017.

Closing Notes

Let myself or another staff member know if you have questions or concerns regarding this process, as we'd be happy to provide any assistance possible.
Best of luck to all who are interested! We look forward to reading your submissions.
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat Applications

Name:
Magnoliawool

Appearance:
Magnoliawool is a tall and lean molly with quite fuzzy fur. Her fur is very soft, perhaps softer than most. Her eyes are a shade of leaf green, and her fur has several small patches of ginger.

Personality:
Magnoliawool is very shy, and has a small exspanse of herb knowledge. She dislikes fighting battles and hunting as she isn't very good at it. As she fights, she always apologizes when a cat hissed in pain, and when she hunts she is quite clumsy and steps on many twigs. Magnoliawool has a rather strong intrest in plants, however, and often fiddles with them instead of paying attention. She daily daydreams and dozes.
Magnoliawool is also very hyperactive. Some might say she even gets mood swings. Magnoliawool can go from anxious to excited very quickly. One moment she can be shyly introducing herself, and the next she can be inviting her new aquaintence to race.
As she grew, she was always shamed for her day dreaming. She always pointed out the littlest things, and distracted any patrols she was on from whatever they were doing. Gatherings were not her forte as well. Too many cats and too much noise does not do good for an easily distracted molly. Magnoliawool is pretty hyperactive at Gatherings as well.

Why She Would Be Good For This:
Her habit of pointing out small things would be good for spotting herbs, signs from StarClan, and maybe even an injured cat. Magnoliawool has no intrest in mates or kits either, and would rather focus on other things. The death of her sibling, Daisypaw, many moons ago could help her focus on saving lives. She blames herself for not being able to save Daisypaw from a fox attack. Daisypaw had bled out and Magnoliawool could do nothing to stop it.

Activity:
I am on every day 4:00-9:50. On weekdays I am on any time - 1 AM

Plot Ideas:
Maybe Magnoliawool could point out something small, like a magnolia leaf on a patrol, and the Clan leader and deputy could decide whether or not this is a sign.

Last edited by Role; September 11th, 2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Name:
Magnoliawool

Appearance w/ Description:
Magnoliawool is a tall and lean molly with quite fuzzy fur. Her fur is very soft, perhaps softer than most. Her eyes are a shade of leaf green, and her fur has several small patches of ginger.

Personality:
Magnoliawool is very shy, and has a small exspanse of herb knowledge. She dislikes fighting battles and hunting as she isn't very good at it. As she fights, she always apologizes when a cat hissed in pain, and when she hunts she is quite clumsy and steps on many twigs. She always pointed out the littlest things, and distracted any patrols she was on from whatever they were doing. Gatherings were not her forte as well. Too many cats and too much noise does not do good for an easily distracted cat. She is deemed as "hopeless" Magnoliawool has a rather strong interest in plants, however, and often fiddles with them instead of paying attention. She daily daydreams and dozes.
Magnoliawool is also very hyperactive. Some might say she even gets mood swings. Magnoliawool can go from anxious to excited very quickly. One moment she can be shyly introducing herself, and the next she can be inviting her new aquaintence to race. She can sometimes become tired. Tired of what, you may ask? Tired of anything! Working, friends, enemies, StarClan, her Clan, etc. Energy comes with a price, you know.

Why She Would Be Good For This:
Her habit of pointing out small things would be good for spotting herbs, signs from StarClan, and maybe even an injured cat. Magnoliawool has no interest in mates or kits either, and would rather focus on other things. The death of her sibling, Daisypaw, long ago could help her focus on injuries. Daisypaw died in a fox attack, and Magnoliawool could do nothing but watch. This could make her more determined.

Activity:
I am on every day 4:00-9:50. On weekdays I am on any time - 1 AM

Plot Ideas:
Maybe Magnoliawool could point out something small, like a magnolia leaf on a patrol, and the Clan leader and deputy could decide whether or not this is a sign.

Last edited by Role; September 11th, 2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:21 PM
whats up danger?

good luck to all, hopefully Daypaw wont be to grumpy to whoever makes it c;
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:30 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Coconutkit (side note, is a five moon old kit alright as she'll be six moons of age when selected. Coconutkit doesn't know her sexuality, as she's a kit;however, she'll be asexual. Coconutkit was born a kittypet under the name of 'Coconut' which explains the name. She is bright and curious and loves to learn new things. As currently she thinks she'll be a warrior apprentice and is looking forward to hunting rather than fighting. Coconutkit typically mistakes play fighting as aggressive fighting and breaks up the fights.she loves Starclan and hopes one day she'll get a dream from them. She thinks herbs smell cool, but hasn't yet developed interest in them. She loves to play mouse and warrior. She has white fur that's mattered, sorta like a coconut. She has emerald green eyes.

Interview: (note, Coconutkit's responces are A)
Q: Why do you want to be a Medicine Cat?
A: It's full of good smelling herbs and I help my clan...though I can't hunt...
Q: What would you offer if you were to become a medicine cat?
A: I'd heal cats and be kind to everyone.
Q: Alright. Thank You.
A: No Problem!

Pistachiopaw (side note: Currently DS healer, but dreams of clan life). She is 27 moons old and terrified of everyone. She is kind, polite, and doesn't know how to make a joke. She tries to help heal and dreams of learning clan secrets. She jumps out of her skin or umm fur when someone speaks to her. She knows its not normal, but doesn't care. She loves mice and squirrel. Her worst fear is socialization. She doesn't know Starclan exists;however, when she joins Skyclan she'll believe strongly in it.She has musty brown fur and hazel eyes.

Interview: (note, A stands for Pistachio's answers)
Q: Hello, Pistachio can I ask a few questions.
A: Please tell me no Syndicate cats are here *voice sounding excessively distressed*
Q: Nope, just us. Now, why would you want to join a clan?
A: B-B-Because I won't always have a threat of death lingering near me and...and the clans are more knowledgable of herbs.
Q: Do you have a preference of clans?
A: No. They basically are the same. They all have good hunters and fighters, good healers, and fair leadership. They believe in not murdering. The only difference is one is on the moore, one in the woods, one by a river, one in a swamp, and one by some cliffs.
Q: Alright. Thank You. And- I pressume you have previous knowledge?
A: Yes. I know all the knowledge a healer from the Syndicate cat know.
Q: Thank you, and have a good day
A: You mean terrifying, but thanks I guess.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; September 12th, 2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

(Off topic idk where to post this, but i cant see my reply. Did it get deleted and why?)
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:35 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Hedge has turrets. If you are unaware of what that is it's a condition where the subject will randomly scream/curse/yell for no reason. If you'd like to understand more about it feel free to read the definition online. Hedgehog in his backstory will not show any of this turret behavior. But to undrstand it better when he feels pressure or cats watching him his shouts get harder to control. Another thing they cannot control turrets, they will try but cannot fight turrets and just try hard to settle with it.

KITHOOD

Brambletwist; Hedgekit? That's a strange name don't you think?
Bearwhisker;No of course not. It makes him stand out.. Right?
Brambletwist; but hedge? He sounds like a plant not a warrior!
Bearwhisker; hush hush, maybe he's more an emotional warrior or something... Right hedgekit? He could be hedgehog, look at his spiky fur. Isn't that so adorable.
Hedgekit; *inaudible mewling*
Brambletwist; see the thing hasn't said a word in weeks! I'm starting to get disappointed. He isn't the size of a runt but he sure acts like one.
Bearwhisker; Did you call my son a thing? Are you crazy? He's a kit for goodness sakes brambletwist!
Brambletwist; our son, don't forget. But I don't think I want him anymore. So keep your stupid son. Look at his siblings, they are already tussling. They will make me proud. He's just a disappointing scrap of fur.
Bearwhisker; fine. He's destined for greater things than you or any old kit has ever been! Just you see you fox hearted mouse dung! Get away from my kits bramblewhisker!

APPRENTICESHIP

Bearwhisker; Hedgepaw... Please.. Honey go. I'm going to be ok just trust me, daddy and I are just going to talk things out. Go! Go now!
Hedgepaw; Mom! He's going to... Mom! Please just come with me. He's going to hit you again! I can't just stand by and not do anything please-
Bearwhisker; if you've ever loved me you will go now! I will return to you and your siblings, go tell them.
*screaming and yelling. A horrid screech echoes in the darkness as hedgepaw darts away towards camp*
Sweetstreak; Hedgepaw. I'm sorry I haven't seen her, I can ask to send you on a patrol? I mean I havtn seen your father either. Your sure they were near the training moor?
Hedgepaw; of course. That's where they were! I wouldn't lie!
Lilacblossom; SOMEONE! Get the medicine cat I found bearwhisker. She's been hurt and I think it's brambletwist!

WARRIOR CERMONY

Sweetstreak; Hedgepaw, bearwhisker would have been proud of you. And I know she's watching from starclan. Wherever your father is I bet brambletwist is proud too.
Hedgepaw; but... How can she see me? How do I know? He's never been proud of me. He killed her! He's a murderer and he never loved me. How can you say that!
Sweetstreak; you will know when she wants you to know. She's proud even if she can't see it. No matter what, he is your father. He did love you.
Hedgepaw; sure. Whatever you say.
*From now on you will be known as Hedgehog!*
*Hedgehog! Hedgehog! Hedgehog!*

WARRIOR

Sweetstreak; Don't you think your bring mad? You cannot leave after your father. He's been gone for moons without a single trace. You can't take off when your clan needs you hedgehog! Your being a mouse brain.
Hedgehog; I've been training for this since that night! She told me not to worry she told me to go, I won't let somebody boss me around like that ever again! Isn't that the point Sweetstreak? You of all cats should know why I'm doing this! Let me leave before I force my way out of here!!
Sweatstreak; that's enough about her, she was protecting you otherwise you would have been killed hedgehog! Stop about this now! *hedgehog fed up with his previous mentor jumps at her in attempt to escape*
*agravated screeches erupt from the exit of the camp where the two are broken apart and hedgehog is being watched quite closely. Guarded in camp while he slowly grows more ambitious and anxious to find his father and avenge his mothers death*
*Hedgehog has now formally shut himself from the clan. Despite being in physical space his mind is gone. Day by day that passes he trains harder than anyone. He was previously small harmless and unwilling to talk with anyone, shy, inocent, calm and collected. Like an apprentice he battle trains himself or goes to training sessions to perfect his moves alongside apprentices. And as this ludicrous act continues soon people cease to speak to him in fear. His claws are sharpened and his body tattered. He refuses to make eye contact or speak and has fallen into strict schedule... What has the naive tom we once knew run off too? He spent his warrior moons like this barely speaking over a whisper to anyone*

ELDER

*within the first few days of finally retiring despite his stellar endurance and health another elder had suggested he attempt to become medicince cat recently recalling the resignation of ebonyfrost*
Sweetstreak; being a senior elder I've seen lots if troubled cats. Not as troubled as hedgehog. The poor thing has been working after achieving his lifetime goal of killing his father. I'm Thinking that... Bramblefoot? No it was brambletwig.. No err it was twist I believe must be dead and still he has rejected the life of an elder til now.
liliacblossom; I remember that, I knew it had been brambletwist. His wretched scent was all over his mother- poor guy I knew it was hard knowing the medicince cat couldn't have done anything.
Sweatstreak; Right. Must've been tough. I mean he fought me over it. He's surely troubled, it's a shame to see his light burn out rvening though he could be a warrior for many moons to come. But I guess he forgot why he had been going after it- his energy just drained with no purpose.
Lilacblossom; he could have a future yet. I hear ebonyfrost has resigned, perhaps he could waste all his energy and purpose and being a medicince cat huh? Wouldn't that be somthing. A warrior turned medicince cat. Pfft haven't heard that in moons!
Sweetstreak; That's not to bad. Actually that's a perfect idea.. I should tell him. He could train with starclan or somthing. We should speak with grousestar! Wouldn't that be fantastic?
Lilacblossom; your taking that seriously? I mean I couldn't possibly see it but if it gives him purpose why not?

Attenpt to socialize

You approach the tom who is hunched over his diner both claws inking into the earth on either side. He lifts his gaze to spot you scorching your very soul with an orange gaze. You notice his fur with irregular patterns and shape. It spikes out in many different directions and you kinda chuckle to yourself. You freeze when you notice him staring you dead in the face, unmoving like a stone.
The tom rises to his paws and you stop dead, is he coming over? The answer is yes. You start to panic and swallow the bile in your thrust when suddenly the slender tom bumps your shoulder nearly taking you off your paws before strutting away. You thought as a new warrior it was a good idea to get advice from senior warriors such as that warrior but your re thinking your approach.
You notice he's left his crow behind. Maybe you should start off on another paw. You race over and snatch the bird before hauling it in his direction. He had settled down and shut his eyes. Being as quiet as possible you approach ABD set the bird down. He flicks his ear dismissively until you prod his side gently. Suddenly you feel your ears ringing and a growing pain on your face. You look down to see him staring you down fuming. His paw was out and settled back on the ground with his claws seathed.
Refusing the urge to tell or cry you slit out the bird and stomp off. He had smacked you? What? What kind of senior warrior snacks other cats without warning like that. You make a mental note to avoid him at all costs. To think you were going to think some cat thought to get his mind off his past a medicince cat was a good idea? You had known about his rouge edges but was it that severe they wanted a role switch in order to get him to focus less on violence and revenge. Was that a punishment?

Overall finisher !!
Still hellbent on revenge the Tom stalks the clan as an elder. He spent his life
Striving after revenge he couldn't have obtained, since his father brambletwist
Ended up running off tripping into the river and being carried away to his death.
Since than hedge has been so focused on it. Despite the possibility of becoming
A medicnecat he will brefusly refuse to keep his violent tendencies quieted. But
Overtime he would learn that he must put his violence and personal issues to
Rest once and for all.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Last edited by wren; September 21st, 2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:41 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
(Off topic idk where to post this, but i cant see my reply. Did it get deleted and why?)
please make sure you've read the original post thoroughly.

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Swanbelly is a snowy white molly with fluffy medium-length fur and bright blue eyes. She has a strong build, standing shorter than most warriors but not the shortest of them. She has a few battle scars on her pelt, the biggest being on her stomach, dragged from her side to her belly. She is a lovely cat, to look at and to be around, but she has long given up on finding love. When she was younger, she had attempted to become a mother but gave up on her wish after a few failed pregnancies. Because of this, she has a deep respect for all the queens and a love for every kit as if they were her own, this also leads to her feeling anger towards mothers who don't seem to appreciate how blessed they truly are.
Now, at the age of 48 moons, she figured Starclan didn't plan for her to fall in love and make a family, so she gave up on it. She explained this to her then mate and he seemed to understand, they split and Swan hasn't had a mate since. One of her most shown traits is her willingness to obey, it's not that she doesn't stand up for herself it's more of she isn't the leader type at all. She's never been very good at coming up with ideas or plans so she is much rather to follow orders from anyone else rather than doing what she would come up with.
Swan is a skilled fighter, very willing to fight for her clan or anything she has faith in. She doesn't think twice about her decision to protect a cat and will sometimes end up getting hurt because of this. She can be pretty blunt a lot of the time, some can get frustrated by this but a lot of the times she doesn't even notice if she's being blunt.
One of her most interesting aspects is her sense of humor, which tends to be a bit... dark at times. She uses humor to lighten a situation and the jokes she tells usually is linked to the situation itself. Some could call this inappropriate but sometimes all a cat needs is to laugh a little. It is clear which cat Sawn likes and dislikes because her attitude towards them is different. If she dislikes a cat she doesn't bother with manners, usually, but all the same, she would protect the cat if they were in trouble.
Swan's way of speaking is odd to some cats, her words end up slurred at all times, which sometimes gives a cat the impression of her being tired or disorientated, but that is just how she has always spoken and no one can really explain it.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad King View Post

please make sure you've read the original post thoroughly.
Just saw it a moment ago! I was coming back to delete my post XD
Im editing! Sorry! ^^