Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Haven Springs
Last post by forest
Today 10:24 AM
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by chickadee
Today 09:54 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Dust
Today 09:53 AM
EVERYTHING FINDER
Last post by Fernwillow
Today 09:50 AM

Old March 10th, 2020, 04:16 PM
Kindheart

My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss kitty cat View Post
She nodded @Slatepaw
Once Sandwhisker returned to the shore, she shook her dripping pelt for a moment before sitting on the shore and beginning to groom her pelt backwards, grumbling around mouthfuls of hair, "Make sure to push your pelt up to let it dry faster once you're done because it's cold out."

My Characters | RP Tracker

Wondering what my characters think of yours? View their thoughts!

Everything Finder

Last edited by Slatepaw; March 12th, 2020 at 12:58 AM.
Old March 10th, 2020, 05:57 PM
Blood and shale

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
@FuzzyRatto

Owlpaw nodded, slowly flicking her tail from side to side. “Al- Alright, I’ll be sure to pounce next time.” The young apprentice glanced around for a moment before turning and walking up to Lightstreak. “Can- Can I try again?”
[Sorry it's been so long-I ended up going on hiatus again]

Lightstreak nodded. "Of course. Now, hurry up. I'm going to go catch something myself." She turned and left. When she was sure the apprentice couldn't see, smell, or hear her, she quickly caught a mouse and turned around. She then began to track Owlpaw, waiting to see what she would do next.

"What do you care what other people think?"
-Arline Feynman

"When you're happy, smile! Smile!"
-Miyuki-chan, Smile Precure! Movie: Ehon no Naka wa Minna Chiguhagu!

"Embrace your shining future!"
-All the Cures, HUGtto Precure

"When in doubt... C4."
-Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters
Old March 11th, 2020, 09:40 AM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TawnyNeedsACoffee View Post
(I AM SO SO SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE REPLY!! It got burried :c )

BumbleFrost continued to circle the tom her voice blunt as she cut off what he was saying, making sure he understood the meaning behind her training tactics, again this is how she thought it was best to teach them. Using the element of surprise. Being alert... Being unpredictable."Life isn't fair AsterPaw, its unpredictable, you won't know what's going to get thrown at you in a battle until you experience it... Now repeat to me, what is lesson one?". Her brows furrowed slightly as he responded now seeing him alert and following her with his eyes she spoke up."Being alert is important, distractions are dangerous and can get you or your Clanmates killed... Now that you see to be prepared...". She trailed off and finally came to a halt a few Paw lengths away from the tom, her blue eyes glinted somewhat as she sized AsterPaw up."We are going to work on your defensive skills today...first dodging".her voice was cool and collected as her sleek tail flicked slightly.'He's focused...good'. She thought this approvingly as she spoke once again, explaining."As much as offensive skills are good.. It would prove somewhat useless without having good defensive skills...today's training session will require you to focus and ignore all distractions...are you ready AsterPaw?". She asked this gave a tiny smile incase the young tom was getting nervous.

(Your good! )

"Lesson one is to ignore distractions. Be alert and know what's going on around you so you protect you and your clanmates." His voice was angry. His hotheadedness was getting the best of him...

He listened to the she cat, his mentor. As she halted, his eyes traveled over the she cat, watching for signs that she was going to move, to come at him.

How could offense be useless without defense? They were the opposite of each other weren't they? It didn't make any sense what she was saying!

This confused the young tom cat, and that frustrated him. As she smiled at him, it glinted in his pale orange eyes. "That doesn't make any sense." He paused, eyes darting from side to side as he rolled what she said over in his mind. He ignored her final question. If he had questions he wasn't ready. "Aren't offense and defense are the opposite of each other?"

He was still angry, but now his focus was less on his anger, more on the frustration. He stood, tail wavering in the air behind him, face scrunched up as he stood, his stance wide.
Old March 11th, 2020, 06:05 PM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

[That’s fine]

@FuzzyRatto

Owlpaw took a deep breath as she glanced around, feeling a bit nervous. Her mentor had just left her alone with barely any hunting skills, and no fighting skills. It was alright though, right? Lightstreak would come back in a few minutes, wouldn’t she? The apprentice sat down and began waiting. She wanted her mentor to see her catch something, she wanted to make Lightstreak proud of her. Owlpaw let out a sigh when she realized she should probably just start hunting. Who knew how long it would take her mentor to catch something. Plus, there was always next time, wasn’t there? She slowly got to her paws and began scenting the air, hoping to pick up some sort of scent. It took her a while, but when she finally did pick up a scent she immediately followed it, making sure to keep her pawsteps light. Owlpaw crept around a bush, her eyes lighting up when she spotted a shrew scurrying around, most likely trying to find food. The apprentice quickly dropped into a hunting crouch, slowly stalking forward then hesitating for a few moment before pouncing, nipping it on the neck to kill it.

Character Site

Old March 12th, 2020, 08:14 AM
eternally tired

@Slushie

Morningmeadow walked into the apprentice den. Looking for her apprentice, “Goosepaw… Wake up! Its Battle training today!” Goosepaw had seemed excited to train when she had given him the choice, so she was going to work him a bit hard today.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old March 13th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Blood and shale

Quote:
[That’s fine]

@FuzzyRatto

Owlpaw took a deep breath as she glanced around, feeling a bit nervous. Her mentor had just left her alone with barely any hunting skills, and no fighting skills. It was alright though, right? Lightstreak would come back in a few minutes, wouldn’t she? The apprentice sat down and began waiting. She wanted her mentor to see her catch something, she wanted to make Lightstreak proud of her. Owlpaw let out a sigh when she realized she should probably just start hunting. Who knew how long it would take her mentor to catch something. Plus, there was always next time, wasn’t there? She slowly got to her paws and began scenting the air, hoping to pick up some sort of scent. It took her a while, but when she finally did pick up a scent she immediately followed it, making sure to keep her pawsteps light. Owlpaw crept around a bush, her eyes lighting up when she spotted a shrew scurrying around, most likely trying to find food. The apprentice quickly dropped into a hunting crouch, slowly stalking forward then hesitating for a few moment before pouncing, nipping it on the neck to kill it.

Lightstreak, who had been following her, stepped out of hiding. "Nicely done! Now, that's you're first catch made with me! Let's go back and drop these off at the fresh kill pile. If you want, we can do some more training afterwards."

-Arline Feynman

"When in doubt... C4."
Old March 13th, 2020, 06:46 PM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyRatto View Post
Lightstreak, who had been following her, stepped out of hiding. "Nicely done! Now, that's you're first catch made with me! Let's go back and drop these off at the fresh kill pile. If you want, we can do some more training afterwards."
Owlpaw jumped when Lightstreak jumped out of the bushes. “I- I- Okay.” She grabbed her catch and followed her mentor back to camp.

Character Site

Old March 13th, 2020, 08:39 PM
Blood and shale

Quote:

Owlpaw jumped when Lightstreak jumped out of the bushes. “I- I- Okay.” She grabbed her catch and followed her mentor back to camp.
[Where shal we resume?]

"We really need to develop your sense of smell. I have the perfect exercise."

-Arline Feynman

"When in doubt... C4."
Old March 15th, 2020, 05:11 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @:Grimm: ]

Goosepaw's ears shot up, and he raised his head, not looking the least bit tired. "Well, what are you waiting for?" he yelped, leaping to his paws. "Show me the way! I can't wait for this!"
Old March 16th, 2020, 08:19 AM
Need Coffee? Ask Tawny!

Bump Policy: Bump me after 3 days please ^^
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetahPelt View Post
(Your good! )

"Lesson one is to ignore distractions. Be alert and know what's going on around you so you protect you and your clanmates." His voice was angry. His hotheadedness was getting the best of him...

He listened to the she cat, his mentor. As she halted, his eyes traveled over the she cat, watching for signs that she was going to move, to come at him.

How could offense be useless without defense? They were the opposite of each other weren't they? It didn't make any sense what she was saying!

This confused the young tom cat, and that frustrated him. As she smiled at him, it glinted in his pale orange eyes. "That doesn't make any sense." He paused, eyes darting from side to side as he rolled what she said over in his mind. He ignored her final question. If he had questions he wasn't ready. "Aren't offense and defense are the opposite of each other?"

He was still angry, but now his focus was less on his anger, more on the frustration. He stood, tail wavering in the air behind him, face scrunched up as he stood, his stance wide.
BumbleFrost heaved a small sigh as she relaxed her muscles, it seems she's confused the young apprentice already. The she cat spoke cooly now answering his question although being somewhat blunt about it to make sure he understood what she meant, she knew she could not make sense sometimes...BumbleFrost wasn't the most social cat so sometimes cats misunderstood what she meant."Yes they are...I was trying to express that defensive is just as useful as offense but only using one of them would make it less likely for you to win in any fight". Hoping she hadn't confused the Tom more although seeing the frustrated look, she clicked her tongue slightly before she spoke up again."Look, I'm sorry for surprise attacking you at the start but trust me there is a reason why I did that...and make sure you are ready for those... This is how I'm going to test if you have been paying attention or not".The Molly knew that AsterPaw seemed to have a temper streak, not that she really cared she could show him how to release his anger in his attack during training sessions and besides the tom was lucky to get a mentor who actually did their job."Now, Dodging is important to lesson one, requires you to be alert and to focus...for example if I did this-". She harshly wacked the Tom with her sheathed paw over the head, she then did it again only this time AsterPaw instinctively ducked and avoided getting hit, BumbleFrost continued in a approving tone."Good, you're learning, let's see if you are able to keep this up, I'll do this with you for a bit and then I want to see you do it to me". Explaining this she started thrashing her paw at him, directing for his face, giving blow after blow with her claws sheathed for obvious reasons. AsterPaw dodged some and other he got hit, she allowed him to catch his breath now and again and finally she gave a approving smile, the first actual smile she has cracked for most of the day."Good job, so far you are doing better then I thought you would...now the real challenge..I want you to do that same thing I was doing to you...if you manage to land a blow on me I promise to do offensive training next lesson and leave some of the defensive training for another day". She made this compromise to try and motivate him since the Tom seemed to be eager to learn battle moves as do most cats, little did the young Tom realise that by practicing this dodging technique that he was also getting stronger in his frontal attacks.

Last edited by TawnyNeedsACoffee; March 16th, 2020 at 08:21 AM.