Today 10:23 AM

Old October 23rd, 2018, 01:27 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Default Re: SkyClan Skyboulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Northern_Lights~ View Post
| @Duskflight @Empress Of Evil |
Doveflight's cloudy form ambled toward the Skyboulder at the call of his leader, olive eyes ever attentive and inquisitive. Concern outweighed his curiosity as the pale tom pondered why Grousestar had decided to hold a clan meeting; there were no kits to be apprentices, or apprentices to become warriors, were there? Doveflight took pride in knowing the goings on of his clan, and guilt began to rise up within him at the thought of not knowing such important matters. The large tom took a seat, his pale fur standing out against the otherwise colourful sea of pelts as he centred all of his attention on Grousestar. As the leader began speaking, Doveflight couldn't help but gasp quietly at the news of Auroraflame's demotion and the reasoning behind it. She had gone behind Grousestars back? Doveflight couldn't bring himself to even imagine it, having thought so highly of the charcoal feline all throughout her time as Skyclan's deputy; it was impossible to think that time had come to such an abrupt end. The cloudy tom had been truly convinced Auroraflame would go on to one day be Aurorastar, how had his assumptions been so incorrect? Although Grousestar's words felt somewhat harsh to Doveflight, he reminded himself his leader had every right to be angry with his ex-deputy. She had mistreated his trust of her, and what a dishonourable thing to do that was. Still, it was hard to imagine anyone taking Auroraflame's place as deputy when she had maintained it to such a high standard prior to her neglectful demise. His olive eyes searched the crowd of cats, silently wondering which one, if any, Grousestar would declare as Skyclan's new deputy.

As if on cue, his leader spoke up again and began to shed light on Doveflight's irresistible curiosity; who would be Skyclan's new deputy? Skyclan would need a strong deputy, one who could help carry them through these rather hard times in regards to the issues with Riverclan (And Thunderclan, too). All murmuring dissipated into silence as everyone's attention rested on Grousestar, the tension within the clearing so intense it made the air itself feel thick and heavy. Suddenly, as Grousestar finished his announcement, all eyes within the clearing shifted toward Doveflight. The new deputy of Skyclan was to be...him? No, that cannot be right. He was more than willing to serve his clan, but was he really the right choice for a deputy? Part of him wanted to question Grousestar's choice, but the majority of his thoughts instructed him to trust his leader. He hesitated, before rising to his paws slowly. He tried to appear as confident as he could, chest puffed out and his head held high, as he made his way toward the very front of the crowd. The Turkish Angora eyed up his leader, olive eyes ablaze with a sea of emotions he'd never felt before. "I will serve Skyclan to the very best of my abilities, Grousestar." He couldn't think of much more to say as his mind ran on overdrive, thoughts shifting from one place to another at a rate that would have alarmed him had he given it a second thought. This was his chance to prove his absolute loyalty to Skyclan, he would be foolish to turn it down. A small part of him felt disappointed at the fact that he had to be the one to replace Auroraflame - in those few past times when he imagined himself as deputy, he imagined himself as her deputy, not her replacement. But Skyclan needed a confident and strong-willed deputy, not one who was too disappointed to serve his clan. His sole focus needed to be proving his utmost loyalty to Skyclan, and it started with siding with Grousestar's decision on Auroraflame. He reminded himself not to question whether his leader was too harsh regarding his decision, but to trust Grousestar to do only the best for his clan. Doveflight would ensure he tried his absolute best, for Skyclan he would ensure to make a good deputy.
Auroraflame had been extremely nervous about entering the camp. She knew that Grousestar would have to announce the news to SkyClan and she was scared, scared of what they would think of her. They would shun her. They wouldn't understand what she had did and why. She probably wouldn't be given a chance to explain either.
The warrior had hid her face as she had padded in beside Grousestar, now more of a prisoner than a clanmate. The angry flame that had flared at Grousestar had died down to a small flickering flame, and the shame and guilt had taken over her. She had failed SkyClan, both as their loyal deputy and as a key to peace.

She sat quietly and by herself, away from the rest of her clanmates, overwhelmed with shame and embarrassment. She was ashamed that she had failed to stay loyal to Grousestar, even though she had pledged her loyalty to the leader upon becoming warrior and deputy. She was embarrassed by all the attention that would soon be on her. But apart from those reasons and being viewed as a traitor to the clan, Auroraflame couldn't help but remind herself of the good things that she had done. The aim had been to save SkyClan, but no one would understand. Slowly, Auroraflame could feel the anger rising again.

Auroraflame kept her eyes down throughout the announcement, biting her lip to stop herself from protesting or from breaking down in tears of frustration again. She made no complaint as Grousestar announced that she was to stay in camp. She could agree that she deserved that, to some degree. But her posture sank a little as she realized that that meant she wouldn't be allowed to hunt and patrol for the clan. Auroraflame found herself quickly forgetting about this as a moment later, she realized that all eyes would be on her. She could basically feel the scorn and accusing glares on her figure and allow with the guilt and shame, anger settled into her eyes. Even her own clanmates wouldn't understand! They didn't understand what she had had to sacrifice for their sake. She shut her eyes tight, she didn't want to glare at her clanmates. They didn't understand and she would simply have to put up with that until she could prove that she had done the right thing.

Auroraflame wanted to dislike Doveflight for replacing her, but how could she? The inky she-cat knew that the tom was a respectable warrior and he was kind-hearted. She couldn't hate him, even if that was what she wanted. And anyway, SkyClan needed a new deputy, one who they believed they could trust. Surely Doveflight would do a good job of that. She could only watch Doveflight become as experienced a deputy as she had been, and later move on to be leader, while she crumbled to worthless dust, a life of which she hadn't expected to live.
Auroraflame finally looked up and ignored all the stares to focus on Doveflight. In her hues she held a bag of emotions. She was so confused. She felt angry, yet ashamed at the same time. And this was always changing. She didn't know how to act towards the tom, and in the end she decided to walk over to him. She kept her intense gaze only on him, trying to think of what she could say to him. She wanted to say something deep like, "Don't make the same mistake that I did," or "Focus on staying loyal to SkyClan and nothing more." But she realized that she didn't really mean either of those things and felt no need to say. "If you want advice on how to organize patrols and other deputy business, find me." That was all she could say.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old October 25th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

| @Empress Of Evil |
[This is so short, my apologies! <3]
Doveflight had been so absorbed in his thoughts he hadn't noticed Auroraflame approaching him. His mind felt heavy with all the sudden emotions it was trying to correct or justify, thoughts shifting every passing second. He was still in shock, really; never before had he imagined himself in such a position of both pride and disappointment. His emotions made him feel like a walking contradiction, every single emotion he felt accompanied by the complete opposite one. But he quickly drew his attention away from his thoughts, olive eyes finally becoming aware of the charcoal feline's presence as Doveflight quickly corrected his posture. He blamed his desire to look mature and or respectful in front of Auroraflame on a force of habit, having done so as a sign of respect toward her in her time as Skyclan's deputy. The pale tom inspected Auroraflame's features, taking note of how cold and frustrated she looked, a wave of guilt rising up within Doveflight as he began to question how honourable his lack of objection had been. No! He was on Grousestar's side, he had to act like it. She was a traitor, he needed to treat her like one. Her words came as a shock to him, Doveflight having prepared for her to dislike him. She wants me to be a good deputy as much as anycat...how can I treat her like a traitor after everything she has done for Skyclan? The cloudy tom was suffering a moral dilemma, which was more important: Loyalty or compassion? Sighing, Doveflight sided with his more amiable side, arguing that Auroraflame didn't need any more grief and certainly not from the tom who was going on to replace her. "Thank you, Auroraflame, I appreciate the offer." He spoke, his tone an odd balance between awkward and warm. The Angora shifted his weight about, pondering what else to say. He was almost certain that the charcoal she-cat needed uplifting, but comforting other's was not Doveflight's strong point. Still, it would be cowardly not to give empathy a try. "You were a good deputy, and Skyclan is greatly appreciative for all you did for the clan - even though they're not acting like they are." It was obvious that Doveflight was struggling to articulate and form the right sentence, his olive eyes clouded over with concentration as he struggled to say something uplifting. He wanted his words to make Auroraflame feel better, even if only by a tiny degree. Anything was better than nothing.
Old October 25th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

@Fuzzyfeline @~Northern_Lights~ @Delta

Grousestar's mind was still clouded with a volatile mix of emotions. He felt so desperately alone and confused, he wasn't sure who to turn to, even though he had just announced the new deputy. It still hurt to think that he couldn't go to Auroraflame anymore, for fear she'd simply turn around and tell the other clans anything and everything. He still wasn't sure what she was telling the other clans. And his closest friend, Rabbitfluff, hadn't been around. He hadn't seen the tom since... Since the walk back from when the Dusk Syndicate attacked all of the clans at the gathering. Who was he to turn to?
The tom forced out a breath and closed his eyes momentarily before making his way up to the peak of the Skyboulder. There were ceremonies he needed to attend to. Names to be changed, kits to be made into apprentices, apprentices into warriors. His duties wouldn't stop for his own personal turmoil.

"Cats of Skyclan will you please meet beneath the Skyboulder for a clan meeting!"

Pausing to allow the clan time to gather, he would continue on to call the name of cats with which would have ceremonies conducted.
"Lightningpaw, Mousekit and Ammilkit will you please step forward."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old October 25th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Dazzling star dust ✨

@Duskflight

Lightningpaw tried with all his might to keep a calm poster. He was nervous, was he really ready to be made a warrior? Snowbranch had trained him well he was sure if it, but had he really learned everything she could possibly teach him? Glancing around he looked for the white shape of his mentor. She may be clumsy and a bit scatterbrained but she was more like a mother to him then any cat had ever been. Pride soon wielded into.his chest as he thought that by being made a warrior he would be making her proud and would be able to set a legacy of his own, not of his murderous mother.
Taking in a deep breath the smoky feline stepped out of the cluster of pelts his pelt clean though ruffled in places from his fight against Passionstar were fur hadn't fully grown back. Aside from that the young tom's slick smoke gray pelt was glistening in the light. Amber eyes fixed on Grousestar he awaited his leader to go on and for the two kits he'd summoned to run out of the crowd. The excitement of bringing made an apprentice to much to keep them from running. I just hope I can make Snowbranch pride of me. He thought calming his racing heart. This was his warrior ceremony.

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old October 26th, 2018, 12:44 AM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post

Grousestar's mind was still clouded with a volatile mix of emotions. He felt so desperately alone and confused, he wasn't sure who to turn to, even though he had just announced the new deputy. It still hurt to think that he couldn't go to Auroraflame anymore, for fear she'd simply turn around and tell the other clans anything and everything. He still wasn't sure what she was telling the other clans. And his closest friend, Rabbitfluff, hadn't been around. He hadn't seen the tom since... Since the walk back from when the Dusk Syndicate attacked all of the clans at the gathering. Who was he to turn to?
The tom forced out a breath and closed his eyes momentarily before making his way up to the peak of the Skyboulder. There were ceremonies he needed to attend to. Names to be changed, kits to be made into apprentices, apprentices into warriors. His duties wouldn't stop for his own personal turmoil.

"Cats of Skyclan will you please meet beneath the Skyboulder for a clan meeting!"

Pausing to allow the clan time to gather, he would continue on to call the name of cats with which would have ceremonies conducted.
"Lightningpaw, Mousekit and Ammilkit will you please step forward."
Ammilkit wasn't sure if he could do this. It was finally time for his apprentice ceremony, but he didn't know if he was ready--he sure didn't feel ready. He wondered how Owlflame, the only cat he really knew in this Clan, would react to Ammilkit getting his name changed to a more traditional-sounding name--Glazepaw. The quiet kit felt that he stood out with his current name, something he didn't want to do.
He was shuddering slightly as he made his way to the Skyboulder. No one had even attempted to tame his fluffy white fur, so it stuck out in all directions and caused Ammilkit to resemble a large ball of fur or a particularly fluffy cloud. He silently wondered who his mentor was going to be. He hoped it was Owlflame--she was the only warrior he'd really ever talked to, and she seemed really nice.
Old October 26th, 2018, 03:38 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

| @Duskflight |
Mousekit's calico form was barely visible in amongst the sea of cats which had gathered around the Skyboulder, the abnormally small she-kit struggling to make her way toward the front. Anxiety consumed her thoughts and a sickly feeling tugged at her chest; was she ready to be an apprentice? She was no stranger to bullying, and the cruel comments she'd received were beginning to manifest into self-consciousness and a lack of self-worth. The other kits all think I'm too small and chubby to become an apprentice. What warrior would want to train me? The small bundle of fur pondered, her olive eyes darting around the clearing as if to inspect the faces of the gathered cats. She recognised next to none, other than a few of her family and friends. Eventually, she realised she could not avoid Grousestar and returned her gaze to the much larger tom; this was truly terrifying for little Mousekit. She wanted to idolise Grousestar, to look to him in times where she needed the inspiration to improve. But her anxiety forced her mind to view him as no more than another cat to disappoint. Curiously, Mousekit's eyes drifted to the other kit receiving their apprentice ceremony. Ammilykit She thought, trying to familiarise herself with the tom-kit's pale appearance. He too would be an apprentice, facing the same challenges as Mousekit. She supposed it couldn't hurt to make friends with him later on. Confident she'd gotten a good enough look of Ammilkit's appearance, enough so to remember it for future reference, Mousekit turned her attention to Lightningpaw. The fear that rose up within her at the knowledge that she would one day have to stand where he stood, ready to receive her warrior name, made her feel light-headed. She was quick to turn these thoughts away, knowing they would be of no use to her right now. She had moons to build up her strength and develop her skills. Praying to Starclan she received a kind enough mentor, Mousekit returned her attention to Grousestar and prepared for the most influential moment of her short life thus far.
Old October 27th, 2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Northern_Lights~ View Post
| @Empress Of Evil |
[This is so short, my apologies! <3]
Doveflight had been so absorbed in his thoughts he hadn't noticed Auroraflame approaching him. His mind felt heavy with all the sudden emotions it was trying to correct or justify, thoughts shifting every passing second. He was still in shock, really; never before had he imagined himself in such a position of both pride and disappointment. His emotions made him feel like a walking contradiction, every single emotion he felt accompanied by the complete opposite one. But he quickly drew his attention away from his thoughts, olive eyes finally becoming aware of the charcoal feline's presence as Doveflight quickly corrected his posture. He blamed his desire to look mature and or respectful in front of Auroraflame on a force of habit, having done so as a sign of respect toward her in her time as Skyclan's deputy. The pale tom inspected Auroraflame's features, taking note of how cold and frustrated she looked, a wave of guilt rising up within Doveflight as he began to question how honourable his lack of objection had been. No! He was on Grousestar's side, he had to act like it. She was a traitor, he needed to treat her like one. Her words came as a shock to him, Doveflight having prepared for her to dislike him. She wants me to be a good deputy as much as anycat...how can I treat her like a traitor after everything she has done for Skyclan? The cloudy tom was suffering a moral dilemma, which was more important: Loyalty or compassion? Sighing, Doveflight sided with his more amiable side, arguing that Auroraflame didn't need any more grief and certainly not from the tom who was going on to replace her. "Thank you, Auroraflame, I appreciate the offer." He spoke, his tone an odd balance between awkward and warm. The Angora shifted his weight about, pondering what else to say. He was almost certain that the charcoal she-cat needed uplifting, but comforting other's was not Doveflight's strong point. Still, it would be cowardly not to give empathy a try. "You were a good deputy, and Skyclan is greatly appreciative for all you did for the clan - even though they're not acting like they are." It was obvious that Doveflight was struggling to articulate and form the right sentence, his olive eyes clouded over with concentration as he struggled to say something uplifting. He wanted his words to make Auroraflame feel better, even if only by a tiny degree. Anything was better than nothing.
[I apologize that this is quite short!]

The inky warrior gave a shallow nod to his first response, before turning her body, ready to leave the scene. She could tell that it would get awkward soon, and it probably wouldn't be long before one of her clanmates came up to her and told her something that she really didn't want to hear. She wanted to get away from everyone else, and think about everything. She needed a bit of peace and she wanted to be isolated. But then the coldness spread down her body as she realised that finding her own little space would be impossible. She wasn't allowed out of camp and she bet a moon of dawn patrols that everyone would be keeping an eye on her traitorous figure. Auroraflame's jaw clenched. Even her right for freedom and privacy was gone now.

As she took a step away, the sound of the tom speaking again stopped her. She stood frozen, her head turned away from the tom but her ears perked attentively. Even through the immense coldness that she was immersed in, she could feel a little bit of warmth finding it's way into her. It wasn't enough to make her smile or to lift her spirits greatly, but it was a small gesture that she was grateful for. "Thanks," she said quietly, her voice cracking a little as she turned to face him. "Grousestar made a good choice," she said. A storm of emotions thundered within her. She was so confused, one moment sad and regretful, the next moment full of rage. And at the same time, she wanted so much to hate Doveflight, but she couldn't when he had acted so kindly towards her even after her acts of betrayal. Auroraflame hadn't expected to ever be saying such a thing, but here she was, defying the odds.

Old October 27th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Once the three young cats stepped forward, he believed it was best to start with the warrior ceremony. Surely the young cat was more than eager to be a true warrior of Skyclan now, and he wouldn't keep them waiting any more. So, focusing solely on Lightningpaw right now, he would speak.
"I, Grousestar, leader of Skyclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn.
Lightningpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?
"
Grousestar would settle his gaze on the young tom and wait for him to say the appropriate 'I do', before continuing on to finish his ceremony.
"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Lightningpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Lightningwillow. StarClan honors your gentleness, loyalty, and kindness and we welcome you as a full warrior of Skyclan."

Smiling lightly as the clan cheered the new warriors name, he would then turn to Mousekit.
"Mousekit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Mousepaw. Your mentor will be Dawnfrost ( @SpookyNight ). I hope Dawnfrost will pass down all she knows on to you."

Allowing time for the new apprentice to greet their mentor, and for the clan to yowl out the new apprentice's name, he would finally turn his attention to Ammilkit.
"Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what he/she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on she will be known as Glazepaw, for you must feel comfortable being called by your own name, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. Your mentor will be Owlflame( @~Northern_Lights~ ). I hope Owlflame will pass down all he knows on to you."

Taking a small breath as the clan now yowled out the new apprentices name, Grousestar would look down upon his clan with the slightest hint of exhaustion. Only the keenest of eyes could tell, but Grousestar had a deep desire to retire to his den early.
"That will conclude this clan meeting!"
And with that, the brown tabby would leap from the Skyboulder and enter into his den quietly.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old November 3rd, 2018, 04:37 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

[I apologize that this is quite short!]

The inky warrior gave a shallow nod to his first response, before turning her body, ready to leave the scene. She could tell that it would get awkward soon, and it probably wouldn't be long before one of her clanmates came up to her and told her something that she really didn't want to hear. She wanted to get away from everyone else, and think about everything. She needed a bit of peace and she wanted to be isolated. But then the coldness spread down her body as she realised that finding her own little space would be impossible. She wasn't allowed out of camp and she bet a moon of dawn patrols that everyone would be keeping an eye on her traitorous figure. Auroraflame's jaw clenched. Even her right for freedom and privacy was gone now.

As she took a step away, the sound of the tom speaking again stopped her. She stood frozen, her head turned away from the tom but her ears perked attentively. Even through the immense coldness that she was immersed in, she could feel a little bit of warmth finding it's way into her. It wasn't enough to make her smile or to lift her spirits greatly, but it was a small gesture that she was grateful for. "Thanks," she said quietly, her voice cracking a little as she turned to face him. "Grousestar made a good choice," she said. A storm of emotions thundered within her. She was so confused, one moment sad and regretful, the next moment full of rage. And at the same time, she wanted so much to hate Doveflight, but she couldn't when he had acted so kindly towards her even after her acts of betrayal. Auroraflame hadn't expected to ever be saying such a thing, but here she was, defying the odds.
| @Empress Of Evil |
[I'm so sorry this reply is so late, school has been killing me the past week ^^]
Doveflight felt a swarm of emotions rattle within him, a deep sense of derealisation taking over him as he contemplated how unlike the she-cat before him was to the deputy he had once looked up to. To a large degree he still did look up to her, but the sheer force of being thrown into deputyship had told him to think otherwise of her. She was a traitor, he should not be sympathising with her - what she had brought upon herself had been no fault of anybody but herself, the cloudy tom reminded himself that her guilt was not his to bear. Still, Doveflight was not a mean cat; he had an overstimulated sense of empathy for others, and Auroraflame was no exception to his character. "You're welcome," He mumbled, careful to maintain his amiability despite the sudden quietening of his tone. He was certainly not as angry as Grousestar was, given that his relationship with Auroraflame had never been as close as the leader's had. He maintained a sense of disappointment, though, drawing the emotion from his memories of having regarded the charcoal she-cat in such high regards. He felt foolish to have trusted her so faithfully. Had he ignored the signs that she would become a traitor? Had there even been any signs at all? Why, Auroraflame? You had so much going for you; Skyclan needed you! You have let them down in their time of need, how am I to be half the deputy you were? He pondered, lacking the courage to speak the thoughts aloud, stress rising up within him and making him feel slightly more irritable than usual. His irritability did not make him rude or brash, more so distant and reclusive - he needed time to collect his thoughts.
As the inky she-cat spoke again, Doveflight's olive gaze returned to her, eyeing her both inquisitively and cautiously. Grousestar made a good choice...? How can she be so foolish to think I am a better choice for deputy than her? He kepts his internalised anxieties quiet, instead opting to simply nod his head to her politely, a small purr just managing to leave him. "Thank you, Auroraflame," He responded, a soft, small smile lighting up his pale features if only for a fleeting moment. He thought, for a moment, about where Auroraflame was going to go; she had no privacy any more. What sort of life was that? Even prisoners had moments to themselves, surely an ex-deputy was entitled to some? He imagined the ridicule and torment she would receive, his fur spiking in such a way that only helped his "cloudy" appearance. It made him sick; yes, she was a traitor, but every cat deserved some ounces of respect. She had not taken a life, she had not threatened the safety of Skyclan - was she truly that terrible that she deserves no freedom whatsoever? "And Auroraflame? Please inform me if anyone...bothers you. I will see to it they stop, or at least do my best to try and stop it," He finished, his gaze wandering about the clearing as he tried to catch out any cats already trying to make Auroraflame uncomfortable. He could see that her guilt would torture her enough, she needed no more excessive punishments.
Old November 9th, 2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
| @Empress Of Evil |
[I'm so sorry this reply is so late, school has been killing me the past week ^^]
Doveflight felt a swarm of emotions rattle within him, a deep sense of derealisation taking over him as he contemplated how unlike the she-cat before him was to the deputy he had once looked up to. To a large degree he still did look up to her, but the sheer force of being thrown into deputyship had told him to think otherwise of her. She was a traitor, he should not be sympathising with her - what she had brought upon herself had been no fault of anybody but herself, the cloudy tom reminded himself that her guilt was not his to bear. Still, Doveflight was not a mean cat; he had an overstimulated sense of empathy for others, and Auroraflame was no exception to his character. "You're welcome," He mumbled, careful to maintain his amiability despite the sudden quietening of his tone. He was certainly not as angry as Grousestar was, given that his relationship with Auroraflame had never been as close as the leader's had. He maintained a sense of disappointment, though, drawing the emotion from his memories of having regarded the charcoal she-cat in such high regards. He felt foolish to have trusted her so faithfully. Had he ignored the signs that she would become a traitor? Had there even been any signs at all? Why, Auroraflame? You had so much going for you; Skyclan needed you! You have let them down in their time of need, how am I to be half the deputy you were? He pondered, lacking the courage to speak the thoughts aloud, stress rising up within him and making him feel slightly more irritable than usual. His irritability did not make him rude or brash, more so distant and reclusive - he needed time to collect his thoughts.
As the inky she-cat spoke again, Doveflight's olive gaze returned to her, eyeing her both inquisitively and cautiously. Grousestar made a good choice...? How can she be so foolish to think I am a better choice for deputy than her? He kepts his internalised anxieties quiet, instead opting to simply nod his head to her politely, a small purr just managing to leave him. "Thank you, Auroraflame," He responded, a soft, small smile lighting up his pale features if only for a fleeting moment. He thought, for a moment, about where Auroraflame was going to go; she had no privacy any more. What sort of life was that? Even prisoners had moments to themselves, surely an ex-deputy was entitled to some? He imagined the ridicule and torment she would receive, his fur spiking in such a way that only helped his "cloudy" appearance. It made him sick; yes, she was a traitor, but every cat deserved some ounces of respect. She had not taken a life, she had not threatened the safety of Skyclan - was she truly that terrible that she deserves no freedom whatsoever? "And Auroraflame? Please inform me if anyone...bothers you. I will see to it they stop, or at least do my best to try and stop it," He finished, his gaze wandering about the clearing as he tried to catch out any cats already trying to make Auroraflame uncomfortable. He could see that her guilt would torture her enough, she needed no more excessive punishments.
[ack sorry this is so late! ^^' and it's quite short too]

Auroraflame let her head drop a little, tired of feeling the burning gazes of her clanmates on her back. She was getting a little embarrassed with all this unwanted attention, and she was also angry. To meet any of their anger with her own anger would simply make her cry out of frustration once more, and she couldn't appear weak. She had to stay strong. She had failed SkyClan, but that didn't mean that she had to lose herself. She could and would stay strong. Her clanmates considered her a traitor now, but she could still raise her head high and show them that she could accept her punishment bravely. She lifted her head once more.
Auroraflame could feel a slight smile tugging at her lips as Doveflight spoke. The charcoal she-cat had never been particularly good at expressing emotions like love or appreciation, but in this moment, she just had to smile to show her gratitude for Doveflight kindness. Thank you StarClan that the new deputy is kind, she thought, her icy hues flicking up to glance at the sky momentarily. She returned her gaze to rest on the tom. The atmosphere had grown a little quiet now as Auroraflame racked her brain for something to say, but it seemed that they had said as much as they could. "Thank you. I'll leave now, just let me know if there's anything you need advice for," she said. The warrior didn't wait for a response before moving away. Out of habit, she took a couple of steps towards the camp entrance before she realized that she wasn't allowed into the territory. Smoothly, she fixed her mistake before anyone could notice her silly move and headed in the direction of the warriors' den. She kept her head down and her eyes focused on the ground, wanting to calm herself as she moved away anxiously. She ignored her clanmates and simply focused on making her way to the warriors' den. She had a lot to think about.