Old April 1st, 2022, 06:55 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: The Starcave

@Nixey
@Naiad
@x ghostie
@Rani

Rosepaw had never been here before, but she'd heard about this place. It was odd. As an outsider she'd had no knowledge of StarClan, but joining the clans had opened her eyes to a whole new possibility of a life beyond death. She wondered if her mama was somewhere, somewhere where rogues and loners went. Would she be disappointed in her for choosing another afterlife to visit?

The small cinnamon tabby walked up to the intimidating entrance. She then noticed Cowpaw and Jerkface. Jerkface seemed to be...sadface. Well, whatever, it wasn't her problem. Obviously. That's when she found out her paw instinctively reaching out and stopped herself backing up. Yes, it wasn't her problem, plus, if she asked what was wrong, he'd just yell at her. She sat down, waiting for everyone to gather and to in.
Old April 1st, 2022, 09:30 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Sundust trotted over, just behind Rosepaw. His pale eyes surveyed the small group briefly. Cowpaw was here - good, Sundust wanted to make up for the lackluster interaction at the gathering - as well as Snakeheart. Snakeheart. What was with him?

He surveyed the Riverclan medicine cat's face carefully, eyes narrowing as he absorbed the other tom's expression. He seemed.. solemn. Sad. What had his tail in a twist? The burly medicine cat opened his mouth to question what was the matter, before quickly shifting his gaze to the others. He doubted Snakeheart would appreciate his nosing about Riverclan's business. Really, the senior medicine cat would probably snap at him. Again. That would not make for good medicine cat meeting. Instead, he settled for a greeting. "Hello Cowpaw, Snakeheart." He dipped his head to the two other toms respectively. Where was Reedpaw? He bit back that question too.

He stood awkwardly for a moment, silent. What were they meant to do? He had never attended a medicine cat meeting before, and they had been an awfully big secret when he was a warrior. He was excited to potentially meet with Starclan, but standing outside the Starcave with the others, just looking around uncomfortably, kind of killed his energy.

"What.." The beginning of the sentence left his mouth before his could truly think about his words, "What do we do now?" He found his eyes wandering to Snakeheart once more, the eldest medicine cat. The only one here who would have a clue as to what they were meant to do. His gaze flicked away again, but then immediately returned. Why should they have to tiptoe around some grumpy furball? Sundust would look at him. He would ask questions. Yes, he would be sympathetic when needed. He would show common decency. But he wasn't going to cower from Snakeheart of all cats.

@Shade. @Rani @x ghostie @Nixey (is there a reason we're not mentioning Fletch for this?)

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit

Last edited by beau; April 1st, 2022 at 09:31 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 05:21 PM
Ni Ni

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Sleepy

Reedpaw had been growing steadily concerned for her mentor. His ragged, ruffled and quite honestly dirty fur told her he was not in the best place currently, and who could honestly blame the medicine cat? If Reedpaw had lost someone who was basically family to her, well, she couldn't rule out acting the same way as him. She stayed away from questioning any of his decisions lately and simply made sure she completed whatever task may have been assigned to her that day as Reedpaw was happy to help in whatever way she could. As such, she had been happy to follow behind Snakeheart to The Starcave.

However when they arrived she was a bit surprised that instead of awaiting for the others, Snakeheart was leading her inside. Maybe they were meant to meet inside rather than outside? That made the most sense to her, and quite honestly Reedpaw didn't want to consider anything else it could be. Though as her mentor began to speak Reedpaw could feel her heart sinking in her chest. She parted her jaws to argue with him, but decided against it as she knew Snakeheart could give her a nice chip in her ear were she to argue with him.

So instead she watched him exit the cave, her stomach swirling as she stared after him. He wasn't even going to remain inside the cave with her? He expected her to do this on her own for the first time ever? Well that didn't really seem fair to her, though then again maybe it was better this way as she was a bit afraid to mess up in front of him. This had to be simple enough, why else would he have expected her to do this on her own if it wasn't?

Swallowing back her worry, Reedpaw carefully made her way towards the stone she supposed was what he had spoken about. He had explained the basics of how to get in connection with Starclan, and with the instructions running through her head Reedpaw laid down carefully in front of the stone. She had to admit it was a gorgeous sight to behold, but she allowed her eyes to fall closed in this moment. Exhaling in an attempt to relax, Reedpaw slowly leaned forward to touch her nose against the surface of the rock. Silent hopes ran through her head that this would be as easy as Snakeheart had made it seem.

However, even as Reedpaw waited a few moments nothing happened. No dream, no Kestrelstar coming to see her, and no Starclan cat for that matter. Slowly her heart sunk into her chest, but she attempted to assure herself she had simply done something wrong. This had to work, she was chosen by Starclan after all, so why wouldn't it? Readjusting on the floor, Reedpaw brought her head back before slowly leaning back in and pressing her nose to the surface.

Hope fizzled out as nothing came the second time. Pulling back, that feeling of hopelessness was replaced by frustration. She wanted to rip the Moonstone from where it stood, seemingly taunting her with the way it shimmered and yet didn't deliver what she wanted, what she needed. She needed to prove her worth to Snakeheart, she had to. With a frustrated huff, Reedpaw pressed her nose to the Moonstone yet again, hoping the third time really would be the charm.

Though, when nothing came yet again, Reedpaw let out a frustrated growl before attempting to calm herself. Surely this was simply a mistake, surely Snakeheart would understand she had tried thrice and yet still got it wrong. Maybe he'd help her? Well there was only one way to find out. Turning on her paws, Reedpaw bounded after her mentors scent trail to the mouth of the cave.

As she emerged, the disappointment as evident on her features. She still felt like a failure, though, even if it was slim, she hoped Snakeheart would show a bit of comfort. However when she saw the three other cats gathered she felt her heart falter. She couldn't explain she had failed in front of them! 'Starclan please don't have Snakeheart asked what happened,' with this thought running through her head, she stepped to her mentors side with a forced smile. "Hello Sundust, Rosepaw," nodding in the direction of the Thunderclan cats, Reedpaw turned towards Cowpaw with a light chirp of "and, of course, Cowpaw."

@Rani | @Naiad | @Shade. | @x ghostie

"I am out with lanterns
looking for myself"

Old April 4th, 2022, 07:15 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

A blink. Two blinks. And then Cowpaw managed the impossible.

Roused from his depression slump Snakeheart cocked his head confused before stutteringly and weakly stating "Cowpaw its me.... Snakeheart. I-I know I look a tad off right now but I dont look that bad right?" The tom looked around at the other medicine cats gathered confused before focusing back on Cowpaw a puzzled expression on his face. "Right?!" Ok now he was perturbed Snakeheart placed a lot of importance on appearances and if he'd let his slip so far in his depression he was unrecognizable that was bad. So honed and focused by the sudden need to groom himself Snakeheart predictably ignored the thunderclan medicine cats and got to work setting himself back into order.

It wasnt to say he was totally better, he was clearly more listless then normal and while he was now putting in the bare minimum it did nothing to hide the dark bags and tear tracks branded into his fur. That would take time food and sleep, three things the medicine cat didnt have at the moment. Kestrelstar was gone. In a way that meant he had to step up yet again. (But when did that end. First Lionstorm retiring then Sootflare the traitor and Kestrelstar dead... when did him stepping up uncaring of his own current state end. Snakehearts heart hurt, this endless cycle only took from him.)

The Reedpaw came back and the tom was fighting back hopeless rage. She'd failed that much was clear once again and starclan wasnt that fitting. The apprentice who he'd chosen on starclans advisement couldnt talk with starclan. He'd chosen her for that, to do the one thing he couldnt in this role and..... No now wasnt the time for this the others were here and him and Reedpaw could talk about the future.

Voice still rough he explained "Generally the medicine cats talk for a time about how clan life is going, sharing techniques and news before going in to convene with starclan before parting ways. I already did some dreaming before you arrived as I wasnt sure you were going to show." A lie but who were they to call him on it. "And Reedpaw just finished herself though I wouldnt ask about it, dreams are generally kept secret for various reasons. But news... well Ill go first. Kestrelstar is dead, Id rather you hear it from me now. If you have anything bad to say about my brother I'd keep your maw shut however as I will not hold back if anyone tries to talk badly of him now." He didnt care if that made him like Frostpaw attacking during a medicine cat meeting, this was his brother they were talking about, he do worse then fight with claws for his sake.

@Naiad @Shade. @x ghostie @Nixey (I completely forgot bounce I am so so sorry this is what I get for doing posts half asleep @Fletcher if you wanna join please do bounce can be fashionably late)
Old April 5th, 2022, 11:58 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Nixey
@Naiad
@x ghostie
@Rani

Rosepaw was curiously but cautiously peering at the mark maw of the cave. She was a gloomy cat that didn't really see the good in situations most of the time. However, her keen intellect managed to shine through on occasion. She noticed Reedpaw coming out and nodded calmly at her greeting. She most certainly did not intend to exclude her just because of who her clan and mentor was.

She had been worrying about StarClan and such but the news from RiverClan surprised her. She hadn't known much about Kestrelstar except that he was apparently very against ThunderClan, at least for a time. She rolled her eyes, very covertly, as Snakeheart immediately started getting defensive. Yes, yes, we know you're a favoritism-obsessed jerk who refuses to look at things objectively, can we move on? Part of her hoped that, at least now that he was gone, the one that came after him would maybe hopefully not be so hellbent on making her life difficult.

She peered at the fascinating cave again and then looked back at Sundust. She assumed they had no news to report but she'd wait to hear what he'd say. She was anxious but intrigued by what would come after: meeting StarClan again.
Old April 14th, 2022, 02:22 AM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

@Nixey @Naiad @Shade. @Rani @Fletcher // i am so sorry this completely slipped my mind - i've been caught up in school stuff and sdjjfdsjfd
Oh. Oh, oh no.

Cowpaw whirled around as Sundust (assuming the small apprentice with him was Rosepaw, they were only possibility) spoke up - greeting him and ... his gaze flickered to the senior medicine cat who looked as bewildered as a bear. Heat flushed through his pelt at the reveal, his floppy ears lowering closer to his head.

Quickly shaking his head to reject Snakeheart's statement, offering a dip of his head in apologizes he shuffles away to stir in his own embarrassment. Reedpaw, he knows now, exits the cave and Cowpaw offers a shy smile to her. His feathery tail curls around him protectively and he feels awfully outnumbered at the moment. Maybe he should've asked Twilightstar to stay..

Cowpaw was quick to perk up as Snakeheart began to explain what they did actually do - this was something Cowpaw could do. Excited, actually, he was very interested in getting to know everyone! Even if uhm, it did seem a little tense? Gee, little may be .. just a bit of an understatement. He sits up, nodding along to what Snakeheart had to say with as much interest he could manage. Cowpaw needed to make up for his... misreading prior to this. Unfortunately, it's quickly lost because goodness gracious! He was not prepared for ... It did explain things.

"My... dearest respects... I am deeply sorrowed for your loss. I am... not sure what Windclan can possibly do but... do uhm, let me know..?" He gestures, his signs shaky because it feels... not enough but there isn't much one can say. Only offer support. Cowpaw shifts the weight to his other leg.

"Windclan is.. I believe we may have a... outbreak of.. whitecough? I am entirely unsure... but it is being.. handled, though,, all my thanks to uhm, Snakeheart..!" He signed, giving a nod towards the Riverclan's medicine cat. After all, he was the one who taught Cowpaw. "Besides... that.. we're alright..! I am currently... hoping to make a small.. " there's a pause in gestures while he reels over how to explain, "hidden storage ..? Only to put.. small toys in.. for any kits.. poor little ones, " He explained, a bit excitedly so - he was very happy with the idea. They just must be bored when they get cooped up and Cowpaw isn't one for conversation.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc
Old April 14th, 2022, 09:36 PM
I'm YOLOsixual &a mp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; P OGg ende r

@Nixey @Naiad @Shade. @Rani @x ghostie

Bounceberry, late as usual, managed to make his way out of Shadowclan without someone badgering him about something. He spotted the others from a bit further out, and grumbled to himself. New cats, it's always new cats, every one of them thought they were as important as the stars, he presumed.

He didn't care at this point, slinking over to take a silent seat next to Snakeheart, giving only a soft chuff as greeting, the tall tom basically towered over the others; especially those apprentices.

In terms of bulk...well...he could be doing better.

Bounceberry

Bump me literally whenever, I'm quite busy and do need reminders!

Bounceberry is Shadowclan's Medicine Cat, apply for healing here. He has a semi-open den policy, make sure to read the rules!
Old April 16th, 2022, 10:48 AM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Oh. That was why Snakeheart seemed so off. "I'm.. sorry for your loss. Kestrelstar was a good leader to Riverclan, the forest will miss him." Sundust didn't know the leader very well, but he felt any death deserved to be mourned. Thunderclan and Riverclan has their differences, but he could respect the former leader's drive to provide the best for Riverclan.

Cowpaw went next. Sundust was still getting used to the young tom's curious habit of speaking through movements, but they were easy enough to understand usually. A storage for toys? That was an interesting idea. If Thunderclan had more kits, he might look into doing the same, but the kit population was at a surprisingly manageable level, and the kits they had seemed to be awfully boring considering they never needed to come to the medicine cat. Of course, he didn't want a kit to get injured, but it was normal to have a few scrapes and bumps in kithood.

Quiet pawsteps caught the Thunderclan medicine cat's attention, and he glanced over he shoulder to see a tall figure coming to join the group. Ah, so this must be the ever elusive Shadowclan medicine cat. He flicked his ear to greet the new tom before beginning Thunderclan's news.

"Thunderclan doesn't have very much going on. All injuries and illnesses have been manageable. Dawnstar is still in Thunderclan, along with a few Shadowclan cats. I'm thankful to have Ebonyfang present, though; he's been a great help in teaching and assisting me and Rosepaw." He concluded with a nod of his head, and wrapped his tail over his paws.

@Shade. @Rani @Nixey @Fletcher @x ghostie

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit

Last edited by beau; April 21st, 2022 at 05:58 PM.
Old April 21st, 2022, 04:13 PM
Ni Ni

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours

Quite honestly Reedpaw couldn’t even look at Snakeheart, fearing the expression she may be met with had she turned to look at him. Instead she simply listened along to what he was saying, ears flickering with each word that left his muzzle. It was good that Snakeheart was explaining to the others how to do this. She knew he didn’t like Thunderclan, and for reasons that she could understand, but that didn’t mean he should withhold information like that. However as Kestrelstar’s death was mentioned Reedpaw felt a stir in her little head, ears angled towards Snakeheart as she thought on the leader.

She had always been told to never speak ill of the dead, but that didn’t mean Reedpaw couldn’t have her thoughts on the late leader. Honestly he had terrified her, and some part of Reedpaw was glad she hadn’t been able to communicate with him because that meant she didn’t have to come face to face with the former leader of Riverclan. However another part of her was cursing at herself for not being able to do so. She had failed Snakeheart, did that mean she had failed others too? Taking in a deep breath to try and steady herself, Reedpaw attempted to focus her thoughts here and now instead.

Then she turned her gaze to Cowpaw, who seemed to be going next with talking—or more so gesturing—about Windclan. The outbreak of Whitecough scared Reedpaw just a bit, considering she had never had to deal with an outbreak of any kind. The idea of having to help those suffering and keep the spread down as much as possible seemed like a lot. Though the idea of making a small storage of toys for kits seemed like a good idea, and Reedpaw couldn’t help but smile at it. Keeping the younger ones entertained rather than letting them focus on the fact of where they were was great.

Then the Shadowclan medicine cat appeared, and Reedpaw offered him a smile with a dip of her head. The first time she met him had been at her first gathering as a medicine cat apprentice, yet she had gotten nowhere close in size to him and therefore Bounceberry seemed a bit intimidating. Staying out of his way seemed to be the best option. She didn’t doubt he was better than most of the other Shadowclanners, but still. Always better to be safe than sorry.

Turning her attention to Sundust, she listened as the tom explained. She couldn’t help but cringe slightly when the mention of Dawnstar still being in Thunderclan came and went. Reedpaw couldn’t imagine that molly taking hold of Riverclan, digging herself into the middle of their business. She seemed terrifying enough as is, but having to constantly glance over her shoulder to make sure she wasn’t there, listening, seemed like something Reedpaw couldn’t survive. Though at the mention of a cat helping Rosepaw and Sundust, a smile appeared yet again.

@Naiad | @Rani | @Shade. | @x ghostie | @Fletcher

"I am out with lanterns
looking for myself"

Old May 20th, 2022, 09:05 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Cindersky
With the moon rising higher into the night air, Cindersky knew it was about time to get on with it. Her heart still beat nervously in her chest as her paws crested the slope that led downwards into the mouth of the mountain. Just ahead of her the whispers of the Starcave seemed to brush against her ears. Murmurs of cats that had come before were almost tangible on the breeze as she took a quick breath to steady herself.

"Thank you, for coming with me. And for standing for a changed ThunderClan. We all owe you monumentally, and I know that ThunderClan will be a glorious Clan once more because we have you as its medicine cat." Her gaze remained on Sundust, a warmth radiating from it. Memories of training the younger tom throughout his apprenticeship resurfaced in fondness.

Another breath was drawn in as Cindersky rolled her shoulders back, shaking her paws out lightly. The path begin to dip and lead into the Starcave, darkness enveloping her and her companion. Her eyes tried to squint ahead, the walls tightening in around her so that he had to step out in front of Sundust to avoid squishing up against him. With the closeless of the walls, Cindersky could practically hear her heartbeat in her ears as the blood roared in the background. Nerves were settling in now.

It seemed as if the darkness would never end, until Cindersky felt the tunnel widen and shimmering light flickered into view. All at once it swathed around her, causing a quick intake of air as it left her breathless. Before her, shimmering in all the glory that she had heard stories about, was the stone. Marveled for its gifted properties of allowing the Clans to communicate with StarClan, it certainly held up to the standards that Cindersky had.

"It is beautiful..." Her voice was soft as she stared wide-eyed, a kit-like wonder coming over her as she observed every little detail she could. Perhaps one of the most beautiful sights she had ever seen. "I press my nose to it, correct?" Inquisitive eyes turned towards Sundust as she awaited instruction from the medicine cat. After all, he had been here before.

[ @Naiad ]