Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Rugged Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post

[ Cherryswirl - 52 Moons]
She/Her | Chaotic Good | Lionheart
Go With The Flow [Active]

Oh! Looked like Ashenlake found them just in time! Cherryswirl gave the warrior a greeting dip of her head before waving both of them with her tail,

"Sure are! Lets get a move on - it's not too too far, but the range is certainly a good climb up!" And with that, Cherryswirl began the trek out of camp and towards the range

-----------------

Phew. Ok yeah - even if she had come up this way recently, this trek up was still putting a huge pressure on her joints. On top of sleeping like her pelt was covered in burrs and the lack of swimming exercise because of the weather, stars... she was feeling it. Oh right!

"Looks like you'll be directing us, Minkpaw - I'm not sure what Fading was hoping for us to find up this way other than some sticks." Cherryswirl purred with amusement, giving the apprentice a flick with her tail,

"Are you familiar with herbs at all, Ashenlake? This could be a good learning session for us-" She meowed cheerfully to the other, "Mink's been learning a lot lately, it's certainly helpful while we're without a medicine cat. Every cat's been chipping in which is... a relief to say the least..."

[ Post Order: @al3cc766 | @Streamtail ]
->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons, the collector, herb2] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

it wasnt long until the apprentice was quietly panting behind cherryswirl, even after a moon back to training she had yet to regain most of the strength she once had. or perhaps just wrongfully remembered having.
breathing slowing now that they werent moving anymore she hummed in response, it surely didnt look very good for them up here, perhaps they could find some chervil or thyme, if anything at all.
"i'll see if i can find anything, if not we can just collect sticks and cobwebs." she replied, i would have been better to send them into the territory, or literally anywhere where they could look for herbs..perhaps it hadnt been fadingsuns smartest choice to send a herb patrol here.
"oh, i dont think its a lot you know but thank you, youve been a big help" she redirected, still unsure about being complimented on her knowledge of herbs.

@Streamtail

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements
Old February 13th, 2024, 07:05 AM
Happy about life :3

Bump Policy: Anytime, as long as you didn't JUST post! I'm forgetful and have lots of rps atm, so it's fine! ^^
My Mood: Cheerful

Ashenlake

Asenlake nods to Minkpaw, giving her a smile before turning to answer Cherryswirl.

"Oh, I really don't know a lot about herbs, probably nowhere near as much as Minkpaw. To be honest, this is one of the few herb patrols I've been on," He says, then he shifts his gaze to Minkpaw, "Okay, let's go then. Where do you think we should look, Minkpaw?"

Ashenlake looks around the area, it's really quite beautiful. But where would herbs be in this place? To be honest, this is his first time here on a herb patrol, he wouldn't know where to look.

He's a bit out of breath from the far walk, but he's recovering his stamina and he finds himself a bit more energetic than usual. Maybe it's the prospect of making acquaintances with some possible friends, or the crisp cool air filling his lungs, two completely unrelated things that make him ecstatic with vitality.

@al3cc766 @Dust

Click only one |

"Love your neighboor as yourself." - Lev. 19:18

~Eveningstar is the current Morningclan leader, she has a semi-open den policy.~

Last edited by Streamtail; February 13th, 2024 at 07:16 AM.
Old February 16th, 2024, 01:26 AM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Fadingsun made his way off to his own part of Rugged Range. Despite the rocky crags, vegetation did manage to make its way here and there. The dream-y part of him thought how that was rather poetic- life could always find a way to make it through, even in the worst of conditions. Cold wind whipping, salt spraying over the rocks, a harsh earth that certainly wasn't forgiving-

A scream sliced through his thinking, causing his head to whip around towards its source. Eyes darted from side to side, looking for where exactly this screaming cat was. He didn't see anyone, but then the horrifying realization dawned on him: if they weren't in front of him, that must mean they went over.

He began sprinting towards the cliff edge. Fadingsun had been too consumed in his thoughts to recognize the scream as either Cherryswirl's or Dusklion's, which was probably for the best. If he'd known the scream belonged to his sister, it might've just paralyzed him with fear again.

Paralyze himself with fear his mind indeed almost did, as he skidded to a halt at the cliff's edge and saw Dusklion hanging there by the tips of her claws. Images of her plummeting to her death raced through his mind- but they wouldn't stop him from saving her. Not this time. He was older now, and not quite so stupid.

Lunging forward, he made to sink his teeth into her scruff. If he was successful, he'd try his best to pull her back up to safety. It wouldn't be too easy, but dammit he was going to give his last breath to make sure she didn't fall.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old February 20th, 2024, 05:47 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

"I wish I could help more!" Cherryswirl lamented softly, giving each feline a soft glance,

"Aye, what do you think then Minkpaw? Any idea where to look?" Cherry gave a quick look around, though to be fair, it wasn't like she was finding anything other than crumpled leaves and sticks. Picking up a few wouldn't be a bad idea. So, pacing ahead slightly, the warrior began to scoot some smaller twigs into a pile, placing them to the side of the trodden path.

"Just in case we need them later! Now, pick and choose Mink - let's see what we find!"

[ @al3cc766 | @Streamtail ]

---------------------------------------

Cherryswirl stopped momentarily, her stance tensing as she reached the outer border. She hadn't gone too far... but she couldn't have sworn she heard something - had that been a scream? Her hackles stood on end, muscles twitching as she turned back to where she had left the siblings. There was no sense in risking it - especially if her gut was absolutely positive that was a scream. An intruder? A predator? Nah, she'd be worried about it the whole time she was patrolling. So, scurrying quickly back to where their initial assembly place, she was absolutely shocked to see Fadingsun leaning over the edge of a cliff face,

"FADING-" She yowled, before her eyes followed his struggle to see Dusklion precariously struggling on the side. "DUS-" She couldn't even finish her sentence. The Lionheart raced forward, pebbles scattering as she halted beside the two warriors. Her heart was pounding, the adrenaline pulsing through her veins as she reached forward to try and grip the remaining scruff in an attempt to help Fadingsun pull her up. Claws extending into the rocky dirt beneath, she would do everything in her power to make sure nothing lethal happened to either one of them.

[ @tallulah | @Cherry~ ]

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old February 21st, 2024, 04:49 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Dust @Streamtail (sorry i completely forgot about this)
minkpaw shook her head, "no idea, i assume we just go look around, especially spots where the ground is less rocks." she mewed absentmindedly.
[rolled 2x for lavender (17,10) , rolled 2x for blessed thistle (1, 20) , rolled 2x for goldenrod (18, 10), rolled 2x for cobwebs (17, 19)]
nosing around the few bare shrubs she was able to find one not yet crumpled lavender and one flower she could only guess to be some kind of thistle. paws carrying her a bit further away from the group she pushed her head into one of the few dense shrubs her eyes landed on a plant she was vaguely familiar with, goldenrod. they had actually no idea what it was used for but judging by the horribly bare surroundings she should rather take anything vaguely familiar in hopes that it helps. lastly, a easy one, cobwebs. circling the shrub in hopes of finding some cobwebs she got lucky and was able to collect two.
"are you two done?" she mewed, returning to where she had split from the two cats.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements
Old February 21st, 2024, 06:49 AM
Happy about life :3

Bump Policy: Anytime, as long as you didn't JUST post! I'm forgetful and have lots of rps atm, so it's fine! ^^
My Mood: Cheerful

Ashenlake

The tom mumbles a cheerful reply (it sounds like a yes), he was able to find a stalk of yarrow in his mouth (2x dice, 8, 11). The tom looks at Minkpaw's haul with a slight look of awe, he'd just grabbed what vaguely looked like a herb to him, leaves, stem, you know, the basics.

@Dust @al3cc766

Click only one |

"Love your neighboor as yourself." - Lev. 19:18

~Eveningstar is the current Morningclan leader, she has a semi-open den policy.~
Old February 21st, 2024, 08:56 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Cherryswirl nodded along with Minkpaw's words, deciding to mingle around a leaf-bare withered patch of overgrowth, nudging away bits and pieces of small rocks to see if any new growth (or old) was on the way.

[ Rolled to find herb - 18 | Pass! ]

Oh! Looked like she wasn't too shabby at finding some plants this time. It looked like... well... to be honest it looked like it had been roasting in the sun like a discarded piece of prey... but she thouuugghhht it was a sprig of thyme,

"Well," Cherryswirl murmured happily, her head swaying back and forth in delight, "Don't mind if I do!" Plucking the stem with her teeth, Cherryswirl scooped it up and gave one last final look around... Didn't seem like anything else was going to be found. Looks like it was time for them to scamper back to camp then! Padding over to her patrolmates, the Lionheart gestured to the sprig in her maw,

"Found this, nothing else... All done!" She glanced between the two of them to get a good count of the supplies, though... she'd have to get the names of them when they got back to camp! Ha!

"Let's start heading back now! Come on," Cherry flicked her tail to follow.

[ Nahh!! My bad entirely :> @al3cc766 | @Streamtail ]

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; February 23rd, 2024 at 04:22 PM.
Old February 21st, 2024, 09:24 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Dusklion
She/her | 25 moons | RiverClan Warrior
[ Shadow Fiend • Go with the Flow • Beefed Up T3 ]
"Help me! I can't... hold on! Help me!"

Despite her desperate attempt to block the memories out they came in full force even behind closed eyes. Falling, the storm raging around her. Firmly believing she was going to die. It had been an all-consuming thought in the moons following the incident, haunting her every paw step. Dusklion had really thought she had gotten past it, worked through it...

...but here she was, just as pathetic as that day.

It was then she felt teeth latch into her scruff, followed by another set, and soon enough she felt herself being lifted. Paws scrambled in the air until they felt solid ground and Dusklion immediately curled in on herself, tightening into a shaking ball. Even with her fur fluffed out it was apparent how small she was. Small and shaking and tucked in on herself.

She was alright. She was safe. She was on solid ground.

After a beat or two, Dusklion finally uncurled and stood on shaky paws. Nothing was broken, nor was she injured. "....T-Thank you." Uncharacteristically quiet the smaller she-cat turned to look at her Clanmates, unable to hide the fear in her gaze as it traveled back towards the edge of the cliff that had almost sealed her fate.

[ @Cherry~ @Dust ]
Old March 11th, 2024, 04:45 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Dusklion

She needed a breather - something to keep her mind off of that. With all things she did to quiet the Rage, Dusklion found her paws heading for a specific landmark - Lionsrange. No, to her it wasn't "Rugged Range" - why they had even renamed it that in the first place was enough to drive her frustration. At least they were closer to it since the camp move, so it didn't take nearly the same amount of time to feel the ground change under paw.

The last time she had been up here had been during her patrol with Fadingsun and Swirls. She hadn't seen the latter around camp for a bit and it made her wonder where she had gone off to. Hopefully she was safe... Pushing such thoughts away from her brain the dark tabby parted her jaws to scent the air. Hunting out here, in the exposed open, was different than the forest. Still she managed to catch wind of prey, head snapping to see a weasel poking out from some of the rocks.

Immediately she slipped into a crouching position, stalking forward yet staying close to the shadows the range provided. The weasel didn't seem to notice her as it started to forage in a nearby patch of dead grass. Dusklion held still for a moment before she shot out towards it, crossing the distance easily and slamming a claw down onto the creature's head. It let out a startled cry before it was cut short, teeth biting down on the back of its neck.

With the weasel dangling from her mouth, the dark tabby made sure to refresh the scent markers around the range while she was here, casting a glance towards the outskirts every now and then. So far they hadn't had any trouble with outsiders, but Dusklion didn't want to give them a reason to start.

Once the range was heavily marked and the scent was refreshed - patrols needed to start being sent out here again, she took note of - Dusklion turned and padded back towards camp.
Old March 12th, 2024, 01:44 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Sweetsong
34 Moons
She/Her
Herbal Knowledge T1; Flock Together T1; Dreamwalker
--------------------------------------------------------------
Herb Patrol

Her paws carried her across the territory toward the crags and rocks of the range. It wasn't the prettiest part of the territory, but it was a good place for their goal nonetheless. Borage was their primary target, and as Sweetsong glanced between rocks and scraggy bushes, she frowned. Plenty for cobwebs, but not a sign of borage. A distinct smell, right? Not very descriptive, so instead she focused more on finding any sign of the star shaped flowers.

It took her a good bit of searching, but before long, she found a patch among some dried grass, and she eyed the flowers closely, committing them and with a few sniffs, the scent of this herb to her memory. Keeping Mistyshard's instructions in mind, she used her claw to cut the leaves from the stalks. With two to maybe three leaves per stalk, she had a fine stack before long. She went to pick them up, scrunching and recoiling a bit at the bitter taste for a moment. She made sure to set them in her jaws carefully, avoiding her tongue touching the leaves.

She glanced around for her patrol mates, realizing that she...hadn't exactly given them any directives. Was she supposed to? Oh goodness...her mind had been singularly on finding borage... Embarrassment flooded through her pelt, and she lowered her gaze, heading back toward one of the crags she had seen cobwebs hanging inside of. She pulled out a couple of pawfuls, sticking them to her pelt as she had before. Then she waited, setting the borage down by her paws.

[+5 Borage, +2 Cobweb]

@Fish [Adderpaw] @JackHunt_17 [Cloudheart]