Last post by taillow
Today 06:05 PM

Old March 4th, 2017, 12:43 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoireRose View Post
''I know,'' Featherspeckle sadly mewed, ''But even when friends-'' She quickly shut her maw, sighing. ''Nevermind. It's not worth re-telling anyway.'' She shuddered inwardly, and looked away. She didn't want to build a wall. Or, it wasn't the word she wanted to use. It just felt right in a sense. She was thinking along the lines of building a barrier, something hard to break through. If she was her old self once again, she knew she would be easily taken advantage of.
They were both hurting that was for sure, and she didn't know exactly why he was hurting, but after hearing those words, ''...let my heart heal...''she trailed off thinking the same way.
Hearts do heal, right? Or do they remain emotionally damaged from prior? Her heart was healing...at least she hoped it was. She needed her mind to heal. When she dreamed, she thought about a cliff. The pretty wildflowers below, and she was on the edge, not afraid to let go. She would feel the wind gracing her fur, and she would fall. She would allow herself to let go.
Then, her heart may fully heal.
Living was suffering...it was painful that she was daily reminded of these thoughts that consumed her. Being underground was a constant thought for the young warrior, but she wouldn't allow herself to leave yet. Not while she's accompanying this strange tom that she thought of as a early friend.
''Time is everything,'' She mewed. If only we learned to use it more wisely...she thought to herself and sighed once more.
Featherspeckle did not want to live on that sad side of life anymore. She wanted to move on and be able to embrace a bright future, but how could she with the depressing thought of always falling off? She didn't want to actually fall off. She wanted to live. Maybe get a mate, have a couple kits, watch them grow and whatnot. She wanted that, but she didn't think it would last long.
It was definitely in the back of her mind, for she had more important thoughts worrying her. At this exact moment, she wanted to focus on the tom in front of her, not be on such a depressing topic that both of them clearly had understanding to, but refused to speak upon. And, she didn't want to pry into his business. She wanted to take her time. Get to know him, and see where life leads them. Maybe it'll lead them to the end of the rainbow...she lightly gave the thought a laugh, and took a quick glance at him.
''Well, it seems as if we both had some unfortunate events happen to us,'' She mused, but on a happier note, she said, ''We'll heal each other in time, but for now, how about we get to know each other more? Other than your awkwardness,'' she giggled, her eyes flashing in amusement. He did have some quirks to him, that's for sure. She wondered a lot about him, and hoped to stick around long to figure him out. She gave him a light bump, swishing her tail in the process. ''You interested in any other things?''

Of course, they would have a good-no, great- no, wonderful friendship. Featherspeckle would make sure of it.
The Abyssinian wasn't quite sure what to say. He wanted to help the she cat, but she seemed to be stuck...not in the past, exactly, but stuck in her own thoughts. He knew what it was like to be trapped in your own mind and miss out on life. For a moment, his hues brightened as he realized she might be able to tell him what was wrong. Was she really going to trust him? Was this really happening, right now? His ears pricked up and he listened attentively, until she stopped speaking and his expression dropped once more. Just for a moment, he had thought that she might actually believe in him. That she might actually trust him."I'm not going to hurt you. You can trust me." Martenthorn mewed sadly, a distressed expression showing in his hues. He wanted her to believe in him so badly. Well, maybe believe in weren't the right words for it, but...he wanted her to care about him. A sigh, so quiet and soft that it was almost impossible to catch escaped the tom and he lowered his hues, trying desperately not to meet Featherspeckle's gaze. He was afraid he would find something there that he didn't want to see, and he was tired of hoping and trusting only to be crushed moments later. He hated that wonderful feeling right before now, because it only ever went away.

The tom sighed again, a little louder this time, but it was still fairly quiet.

She would have had to have very good ears in order to hear it, and while he imagined that she had good hearing, he didn't want her to be able to hear it. "Time is everything. Time and--" He cut his voice off, lowering his hues to look at his paws again. They appeared to be slightly cleaner, and he wondered if he had absentmindedly walked through a puddle or something to wash them off. It would have stirred up the bits of dirt and grime at the bottom though, wouldn't it? The tom shifted his weight uneasily, a sigh escaping him as he anxiously waited for something else to happen. A lighter subject might be nice. Though he was enjoying this talk, it was beginning to grow darker by the minute, and he wasn't exactly loving the thought that at any second, one of them could get offended and leave. He wasn't too easily offended, but he wasn't sure about the multi-colored she cat beside him. "That sounds good to me. Since I would like you to see something other then my awkwardness. Which is already pretty obvious." He shrugged, before smiling brightly at the she cat. They were getting fairly deep into the territory now, and he was wondering if it would be a good idea to go ahead and turn around, head back. It would certainly make sense, at least to him.

Then again, sometimes he had a different idea of sense then other cats.

"We-ll...I like just walking out here in the territory. I like to watch the sky when the sun comes up and goes down, and the stars...I like to watch kits playing. I like to play with kits. Stuff like that." The tom mewed, glancing at Featherspeckle. He wondered what kind of things she liked to do. She seemed like the kind of cat who liked quieter activities, and things that were softer. She looked like she had a soft pelt, too...he wondered how often she groomed it. He had seen she cats sitting around, grooming themselves-- but he couldn't put all the blame on them, he had seen toms doing it as well. He stopped walking for a moment, glancing over at Featherspeckle as though she were a wild animal that he wanted to observe and watch, learning all about it.

"What about you?" He asked, with a slight twitch of his tail.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 4th, 2017, 01:46 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The Abyssinian wasn't quite sure what to say. He wanted to help the she cat, but she seemed to be stuck...not in the past, exactly, but stuck in her own thoughts. He knew what it was like to be trapped in your own mind and miss out on life. For a moment, his hues brightened as he realized she might be able to tell him what was wrong. Was she really going to trust him? Was this really happening, right now? His ears pricked up and he listened attentively, until she stopped speaking and his expression dropped once more. Just for a moment, he had thought that she might actually believe in him. That she might actually trust him."I'm not going to hurt you. You can trust me." Martenthorn mewed sadly, a distressed expression showing in his hues. He wanted her to believe in him so badly. Well, maybe believe in weren't the right words for it, but...he wanted her to care about him. A sigh, so quiet and soft that it was almost impossible to catch escaped the tom and he lowered his hues, trying desperately not to meet Featherspeckle's gaze. He was afraid he would find something there that he didn't want to see, and he was tired of hoping and trusting only to be crushed moments later. He hated that wonderful feeling right before now, because it only ever went away.

The tom sighed again, a little louder this time, but it was still fairly quiet.

She would have had to have very good ears in order to hear it, and while he imagined that she had good hearing, he didn't want her to be able to hear it. "Time is everything. Time and--" He cut his voice off, lowering his hues to look at his paws again. They appeared to be slightly cleaner, and he wondered if he had absentmindedly walked through a puddle or something to wash them off. It would have stirred up the bits of dirt and grime at the bottom though, wouldn't it? The tom shifted his weight uneasily, a sigh escaping him as he anxiously waited for something else to happen. A lighter subject might be nice. Though he was enjoying this talk, it was beginning to grow darker by the minute, and he wasn't exactly loving the thought that at any second, one of them could get offended and leave. He wasn't too easily offended, but he wasn't sure about the multi-colored she cat beside him. "That sounds good to me. Since I would like you to see something other then my awkwardness. Which is already pretty obvious." He shrugged, before smiling brightly at the she cat. They were getting fairly deep into the territory now, and he was wondering if it would be a good idea to go ahead and turn around, head back. It would certainly make sense, at least to him.

Then again, sometimes he had a different idea of sense then other cats.

"We-ll...I like just walking out here in the territory. I like to watch the sky when the sun comes up and goes down, and the stars...I like to watch kits playing. I like to play with kits. Stuff like that." The tom mewed, glancing at Featherspeckle. He wondered what kind of things she liked to do. She seemed like the kind of cat who liked quieter activities, and things that were softer. She looked like she had a soft pelt, too...he wondered how often she groomed it. He had seen she cats sitting around, grooming themselves-- but he couldn't put all the blame on them, he had seen toms doing it as well. He stopped walking for a moment, glancing over at Featherspeckle as though she were a wild animal that he wanted to observe and watch, learning all about it.

"What about you?" He asked, with a slight twitch of his tail.
Featherspeckle felt a surprised expression come over her face. She stared at him with her bright yellow eyes, and she looked down sadly. ''It's not that I don't trust you,'' she replied meekly. ''It's just...I don't trust myself at the moment.'' Besides, she didn't want to relive the memory of being such a reckless, and foolish she-cat that did everything for love or friendship. She did not want to be that she-cat that had to impress everyone she past.
She was perfectly fine with trying to impress herself. Which was hard enough already as it is.
''If you stick around longer,'' She mused, ''And if I don't scare you away...perhaps I would, tell you things that might make you...'' She trailed off, sadly. ''I just don't want to feel judged. And, I don't want to lose you.'' She didn't know why she said that, but it came out, and it oddly didn't feel weird when she said it. It made her feel a type of pleasant feeling.
''And, if it means anything, which it probably won't,'' she says, slightly twitching her ears, ''I like your awkwardness...it's pretty...cute, in a sense.'' She finishes and a smile twitches onto her maw as she gave a gentle look at the tom next to her.
She had to stop for a few minutes, feeling her gait lesson. She wasn't tired, but more on the way of becoming stressed,and she didn't want to feel stressed. When she continued to walk, she caught up to him quickly. ''Kits are amazing,'' She mused, excitedly. Probably too excitedly, for she loved taking care of small kits as well. ''I know you'd definitely be a great father with a trait like that.''
She swished her tail before saying, ''I really don't do much really. I just...hang around, watching the others carry on with their business, and play vanish,'' She shrugged, ''Not really much for me to do since I'm quiet...withdrawn.'' And you'd probably leave me as well once you realize how extremely boring I am to your life...
Old March 4th, 2017, 03:24 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Featherspeckle felt a surprised expression come over her face. She stared at him with her bright yellow eyes, and she looked down sadly. ''It's not that I don't trust you,'' she replied meekly. ''It's just...I don't trust myself at the moment.'' Besides, she didn't want to relive the memory of being such a reckless, and foolish she-cat that did everything for love or friendship. She did not want to be that she-cat that had to impress everyone she past.
She was perfectly fine with trying to impress herself. Which was hard enough already as it is.
''If you stick around longer,'' She mused, ''And if I don't scare you away...perhaps I would, tell you things that might make you...'' She trailed off, sadly. ''I just don't want to feel judged. And, I don't want to lose you.'' She didn't know why she said that, but it came out, and it oddly didn't feel weird when she said it. It made her feel a type of pleasant feeling.
''And, if it means anything, which it probably won't,'' she says, slightly twitching her ears, ''I like your awkwardness...it's pretty...cute, in a sense.'' She finishes and a smile twitches onto her maw as she gave a gentle look at the tom next to her.
She had to stop for a few minutes, feeling her gait lesson. She wasn't tired, but more on the way of becoming stressed,and she didn't want to feel stressed. When she continued to walk, she caught up to him quickly. ''Kits are amazing,'' She mused, excitedly. Probably too excitedly, for she loved taking care of small kits as well. ''I know you'd definitely be a great father with a trait like that.''
She swished her tail before saying, ''I really don't do much really. I just...hang around, watching the others carry on with their business, and play vanish,'' She shrugged, ''Not really much for me to do since I'm quiet...withdrawn.'' And you'd probably leave me as well once you realize how extremely boring I am to your life...
Martenthorn's ears went back as he heard the tone in Featherspeckle's voice. She was telling the truth, he could feel it...and he felt horrible. What kind of a friend was he being, pressuring her like this? Although all he wanted to do was help, he could practically feel how panicked she was and the tip of his tail twitched nervously. He hadn't meant to sound to mean. But it had just sort of...slipped out that way, he supposed. "It's alright, I-I'm sorry. I get it, it's a little hard to really t-trust yourself when you've been hurt, isn't it?" He asked in a gentle voice, trying to look as soft and friendly as he possibly could. It was the least he could do after sounding so rude. He felt horrible about it, of course, but what could he really do? Was there anything that he could really do?

He wasn't sure.

Martenthorn was used to being a mess-up...he'd failed at things, although he'd won at things as well. He was a cat who knew what he wanted. Not to mention a cat who knew how to get what he wanted, and how to use his skills to his advantage, and no one else's. But he liked to help others, which just might have been part of his problem. He knew that he was never going to grow younger. He was constantly getting older, and although right now he was practically in the prime of his youth, he was unsure just how long he had. He'd seen cats killed in battle...many, many times. Over and over again, he'd heard stories of brave cats who had been killed over jealousy or small things like that. He didn't want something like that to happen to him or someone he cared about.

So understandably, he was a bit wary when it came to the heart.

"Nothing you could tell me would chase me away. Trust me, I've heard some pretty-- and seen some pretty-- odd things in my lifetime. So whatever you might tell me, I can promise you that I won't walk away." Martenthorn mewed as gently as he could. He could feel warmth creeping up under his fur and blushed a little, turning his head away from her so she couldn't see the expression on his face. "Thanks. That means a lot, since I don't really-- I mean-- no one ever says stuff like that to me." He mewed, glancing back at Featherspeckle, his hues now much brighter then before. They looked happy-- truly happy. He barely had time to catch her next comment, and cocked his head to the side. "Well thank you. I'm sure you would make a wonderful Mother-- I don't know if you realize it, but you've got a very sweet personality." He mewed. He wasn't trying to make her nervous or uncomfortable by complimenting her-- he was just stating something that he was noticing, something that Martenthorn tended to do quite a bit. He wasn't sure what to say when she spoke again, and he looked away awkwardly. The she cat seemed so depressed, it was unnatural. Unhealthy, at the very least.

He wanted to help her-- he just didn't know how.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 4th, 2017, 04:21 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
Martenthorn's ears went back as he heard the tone in Featherspeckle's voice. She was telling the truth, he could feel it...and he felt horrible. What kind of a friend was he being, pressuring her like this? Although all he wanted to do was help, he could practically feel how panicked she was and the tip of his tail twitched nervously. He hadn't meant to sound to mean. But it had just sort of...slipped out that way, he supposed. "It's alright, I-I'm sorry. I get it, it's a little hard to really t-trust yourself when you've been hurt, isn't it?" He asked in a gentle voice, trying to look as soft and friendly as he possibly could. It was the least he could do after sounding so rude. He felt horrible about it, of course, but what could he really do? Was there anything that he could really do?

He wasn't sure.

Martenthorn was used to being a mess-up...he'd failed at things, although he'd won at things as well. He was a cat who knew what he wanted. Not to mention a cat who knew how to get what he wanted, and how to use his skills to his advantage, and no one else's. But he liked to help others, which just might have been part of his problem. He knew that he was never going to grow younger. He was constantly getting older, and although right now he was practically in the prime of his youth, he was unsure just how long he had. He'd seen cats killed in battle...many, many times. Over and over again, he'd heard stories of brave cats who had been killed over jealousy or small things like that. He didn't want something like that to happen to him or someone he cared about.

So understandably, he was a bit wary when it came to the heart.

"Nothing you could tell me would chase me away. Trust me, I've heard some pretty-- and seen some pretty-- odd things in my lifetime. So whatever you might tell me, I can promise you that I won't walk away." Martenthorn mewed as gently as he could. He could feel warmth creeping up under his fur and blushed a little, turning his head away from her so she couldn't see the expression on his face. "Thanks. That means a lot, since I don't really-- I mean-- no one ever says stuff like that to me." He mewed, glancing back at Featherspeckle, his hues now much brighter then before. They looked happy-- truly happy. He barely had time to catch her next comment, and cocked his head to the side. "Well thank you. I'm sure you would make a wonderful Mother-- I don't know if you realize it, but you've got a very sweet personality." He mewed. He wasn't trying to make her nervous or uncomfortable by complimenting her-- he was just stating something that he was noticing, something that Martenthorn tended to do quite a bit. He wasn't sure what to say when she spoke again, and he looked away awkwardly. The she cat seemed so depressed, it was unnatural. Unhealthy, at the very least.

He wanted to help her-- he just didn't know how.
She licked her maw, and flattened her ears. Featherspeckle didn't want to think she disappointed him, but she felt as if she did. She whimpered, ''I'm sorry. I-I-I honestly don't know what's wrong with me. One moment, I'm fine, and the next I'm sooo sad. I'm just...stressed.'' She plopped down, tired of walking. She wanted to have a mental breakdown, but she made it this far. And, she wasn't going to cave in for her mind to take over her. Featherspeckled picked herself up, and seeing a nearby small pond, she padded up to it, and sat down on her haunches. She didn't know if Martenthorn followed her or not, but at that point, she wanted everyone to leave.
''I just...I'm depressed one moment, and the next, I try,'' She swallowed a lump in her throat to keep from crying. ''I try so, so hard to be happy...or to keep myself away from other cats. You know, cats don't want to be around a cat that brings them down.'' She huffed. Her fur was light, but her heart felt heavy. She looked down at her reflection, and clawed at the water in anger. She splattered at the water, and even after hearing those nice things Martenthorn said about her, she couldn't believe them. ''I'm never going to be worth anything.'' She said, feeling vanquished of power and energy, and she refused to look at the water. Especially the reflection that made her angry. ''You want to know?'' She turned to stare, ''You want to know that I think everyday I should just go to a ledge and jump off? How I constantly dream of letting go?'' Okay...the tears were definitely there. She felt her pelt becoming moist. Was she sweating? No, she wasn't. Perhaps some of the water got onto her fur.
''You want to know about the voices as well?'' She mused, kicking a nearby rock into the pond. ''The way I'm always second guessing myself...the way I feel so empty...because I was once in love...because I did anything for love, when that no good, low-life, low-down piece of crowfood...!'' Her claws were out. She was ready to lash at something, but she had to maintain herself because of her new potential friend.
She wondered if he was going to stay.
Or if she ran him away.
Either way, she wondered if she would stay.
Or if she would run away.
She already told him too much, and that's not even half of it. Truth be told, her first love never been apart of a clan, but she could vividly see that rambunctious tom again, his green eyes glowing, and the way he lied to her effortlessly, and the way she allowed herself to be satiate by those lies.
She retracted her claws, and closed her eyes.
She didn't want to admit that she felt it heavy on her, or that she felt pressured. Either way, she let a little out. And, a little was enough.
Old March 4th, 2017, 08:38 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
She licked her maw, and flattened her ears. Featherspeckle didn't want to think she disappointed him, but she felt as if she did. She whimpered, ''I'm sorry. I-I-I honestly don't know what's wrong with me. One moment, I'm fine, and the next I'm sooo sad. I'm just...stressed.'' She plopped down, tired of walking. She wanted to have a mental breakdown, but she made it this far. And, she wasn't going to cave in for her mind to take over her. Featherspeckled picked herself up, and seeing a nearby small pond, she padded up to it, and sat down on her haunches. She didn't know if Martenthorn followed her or not, but at that point, she wanted everyone to leave.
''I just...I'm depressed one moment, and the next, I try,'' She swallowed a lump in her throat to keep from crying. ''I try so, so hard to be happy...or to keep myself away from other cats. You know, cats don't want to be around a cat that brings them down.'' She huffed. Her fur was light, but her heart felt heavy. She looked down at her reflection, and clawed at the water in anger. She splattered at the water, and even after hearing those nice things Martenthorn said about her, she couldn't believe them. ''I'm never going to be worth anything.'' She said, feeling vanquished of power and energy, and she refused to look at the water. Especially the reflection that made her angry. ''You want to know?'' She turned to stare, ''You want to know that I think everyday I should just go to a ledge and jump off? How I constantly dream of letting go?'' Okay...the tears were definitely there. She felt her pelt becoming moist. Was she sweating? No, she wasn't. Perhaps some of the water got onto her fur.
''You want to know about the voices as well?'' She mused, kicking a nearby rock into the pond. ''The way I'm always second guessing myself...the way I feel so empty...because I was once in love...because I did anything for love, when that no good, low-life, low-down piece of crowfood...!'' Her claws were out. She was ready to lash at something, but she had to maintain herself because of her new potential friend.
She wondered if he was going to stay.
Or if she ran him away.
Either way, she wondered if she would stay.
Or if she would run away.
She already told him too much, and that's not even half of it. Truth be told, her first love never been apart of a clan, but she could vividly see that rambunctious tom again, his green eyes glowing, and the way he lied to her effortlessly, and the way she allowed herself to be satiate by those lies.
She retracted her claws, and closed her eyes.
She didn't want to admit that she felt it heavy on her, or that she felt pressured. Either way, she let a little out. And, a little was enough.
The Abyssinian's hues were constantly growing wider, and finally, they softened. He listened to her speaking, though his expression was always gentle through her words. He knew she was hurting. He knew she was tired, and scared...and he knew that she was worried. But it was going to be alright. He wanted to make her believe that, he just didn't know what a good way to show her that everything would be alright would be. He didn't know what to do. There was nothing that he could do. Besides not run away. Right now, the best-- and only-- thing that he could do was stay right beside her, and show her that he wasn't going to run away. That he was here, and he was here for her. That was the one and only thing that he could do. After she was finished speaking, Martenthorn took a breath and padded up beside her, looking at her as though she were the only thing he could see. The only thing that he wanted to see. And that was important, because he knew it would make her feel like he really cared...which he did, but he wasn't always sure of how to show it. He sighed, looking down at the water through which she had passed a moment before. And now he knew what he was going to say, what he needed to say to show her that no matter what, she would always have one friend who cared.

And that would friend would be him, he would stay by her, and he would support her through whatever she needed. He couldn't promise that he would stay forever. He couldn't promise that he would be there in a minute. Something could happen any second and either one of them could die, or be seriously hurt while the other might have something important to do. But he could promise her that as long as he could, he would stick by and support her. "You want to know something, Featherspeckle? There are many, many cats who have been the same place you're at right now. There are so many cats who want to just jump off that ledge you mentioned. And I know-- because I've been there before." He mewed, glancing at the she cat with compassion showing in his hues.

He knew that he couldn't possibly completely understand what the female was going through, but he was getting a pretty good idea. He knew that there were struggles that each individual went through on their own, and he couldn't know what her experience had been. "But I'll tell you, if you do jump, you could hurt yourself very badly. I know you think it's going to be worth it, but it won't-- not unless you trust that there's someone there to catch you at the bottom." He hadn't personally jumped, but he remembered someone telling him the same thing a few moons back. The irony in it was that it was the same she cat who had rejected him, left him...so he wasn't sure whether the advice he was giving her was completely true and reliable or not. "I wish you could see yourself the way that I can see you...even in these few minutes I've known you, I wish you could see yourself that way. You're a great cat, Featherspeckle. You're intelligent. You're braver then you think. You've got a wonderful personality and you're so, so beautiful. You're going to make someone very happy someday, but you have to believe me when I tell you that you are an amazing cat. Okay?" Martenthorn mewed.

He could see that she was crying. He didn't want her to cry. Had what he said had any effect on her at all? Was he could to change this, make this any better for her? He wanted to, more then anything else. And he was hoping that perhaps, just maybe, things were going to work out okay after all.

Old March 4th, 2017, 10:10 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
The Abyssinian's hues were constantly growing wider, and finally, they softened. He listened to her speaking, though his expression was always gentle through her words. He knew she was hurting. He knew she was tired, and scared...and he knew that she was worried. But it was going to be alright. He wanted to make her believe that, he just didn't know what a good way to show her that everything would be alright would be. He didn't know what to do. There was nothing that he could do. Besides not run away. Right now, the best-- and only-- thing that he could do was stay right beside her, and show her that he wasn't going to run away. That he was here, and he was here for her. That was the one and only thing that he could do. After she was finished speaking, Martenthorn took a breath and padded up beside her, looking at her as though she were the only thing he could see. The only thing that he wanted to see. And that was important, because he knew it would make her feel like he really cared...which he did, but he wasn't always sure of how to show it. He sighed, looking down at the water through which she had passed a moment before. And now he knew what he was going to say, what he needed to say to show her that no matter what, she would always have one friend who cared.

And that would friend would be him, he would stay by her, and he would support her through whatever she needed. He couldn't promise that he would stay forever. He couldn't promise that he would be there in a minute. Something could happen any second and either one of them could die, or be seriously hurt while the other might have something important to do. But he could promise her that as long as he could, he would stick by and support her. "You want to know something, Featherspeckle? There are many, many cats who have been the same place you're at right now. There are so many cats who want to just jump off that ledge you mentioned. And I know-- because I've been there before." He mewed, glancing at the she cat with compassion showing in his hues.

He knew that he couldn't possibly completely understand what the female was going through, but he was getting a pretty good idea. He knew that there were struggles that each individual went through on their own, and he couldn't know what her experience had been. "But I'll tell you, if you do jump, you could hurt yourself very badly. I know you think it's going to be worth it, but it won't-- not unless you trust that there's someone there to catch you at the bottom." He hadn't personally jumped, but he remembered someone telling him the same thing a few moons back. The irony in it was that it was the same she cat who had rejected him, left him...so he wasn't sure whether the advice he was giving her was completely true and reliable or not. "I wish you could see yourself the way that I can see you...even in these few minutes I've known you, I wish you could see yourself that way. You're a great cat, Featherspeckle. You're intelligent. You're braver then you think. You've got a wonderful personality and you're so, so beautiful. You're going to make someone very happy someday, but you have to believe me when I tell you that you are an amazing cat. Okay?" Martenthorn mewed.

He could see that she was crying. He didn't want her to cry. Had what he said had any effect on her at all? Was he could to change this, make this any better for her? He wanted to, more then anything else. And he was hoping that perhaps, just maybe, things were going to work out okay after all.
Featherspeckle let out a deep sigh. She stared into the water, looking at her--through her. Her ears twitched as she silently listened to what Martenthorn had to say, but she kept quiet. She didn't know how to respond. Here she was, breaking down in front of her potential friend.
What surprised her the most is that he listened to her.
He stayed.
He actually stayed.
Featherspeckle took a quick glance at him, her sadness fading away. She was even more surprised that he dreamed of jumping off a ledge as she have. She wondered if he still wanted to, but shook her head. He had his head on right more than she did anyway. Featherspeckle couldn't even stare at him. Or look into his eyes. But, she could listen to him. And, listening to him brought her slowly to seeing her rippling self through the water. She could make out her reflection clearly. She wanted to touch herself. Let herself know that everything would be alright.
Featherspeckle didn't say anything for a long while. She listened to his words, and she wanted them to sink in deeply, so that her inner-most difficult self could have some belief as well. She wanted everything to be back normal. Before she met her, before she met him, before she allowed herself to be close to him, get to know him, love on him, believe in him.
Yet, everything started because of a simple tom. Or, everything started with her making the delusional decision to even get to know him in the first place.
She gave a light laugh at hearing him say she would hurt herself pretty badly, though it was true. She sensed some type of humor display in there.
''I'm glad you didn't fall either.'' She quietly said. ''You have such a strong spirit that can fight off these demons...and I'm just allowing these demons to eat up.'' She unsheathed a claw and circled it into the pond, overlapping her reflection.
Then...her heart stopped. She was touched. This made her drop everything she was doing, and in that exact moment, she stared deeply at the Abyssinian, a whimpering smile coming onto her face. With her head tilted slightly, and her ears pinned. She felt as if everything around them disappeared in that exact moment.
She didn't know what to say, or how to express herself. She wasn't that extremely affectionate...especially if she didn't know a cat very well. And, she wondered how messed up he was? How angry he was? How much pint up anger he held inside himself?
Was there any anger?
She doubted, but she knew the young warrior been hurt as she had. He's probably been through much worse and a lot more, she figured.
Featherspeckle did not know what made her do it. Perhaps it was the heartfelt speech, or the way his eyes gazed into her, but she ran up to him, and quickly nuzzled him under the chin. It only lasted for a few seconds, but it felt like a lifetime to her. She only realized it, after she heard herself purr, and she felt bewildered that she would even do something as such. She didn't want her new friend to feel uncomfortable around her, and she certainly didn't want to ruin their friendship.
After all, he did stay. He made her slightly happy.
When she pushed herself away, she sat down on her haunches, finding her paws pretty to stare at, afraid to even look into those hues of the young warrior.
Old March 5th, 2017, 02:56 AM
tired individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfybro View Post
While the wind barely ruffled her fur due to the thickness,she felt the other molly shiver and scoot closer to her. She didn't mind of course,she liked the feeling of Cloudedsky pressed against her. It felt as natural as breathing honestly. Instinctively she rested her head on the smaller cats,closing her eyes. "God you must be cold," she mumbled. At this point there was no way for them to be closer,seeing as she could feel Clouds body pressed against hers firmly and how her tail rested gently under hers. "It's no problem. I'm glad to share the beauty with you,it feels nice." which was true. While she loved to tree climb and gaze at the forest below it felt more calming and nice to do it with another,much less a cat she had grown quiet fond of. Before meeting the other she was quiet lonely,seeing as one of her only friends had left to go return being a kittypet. She had felt alone,focusing on warrior duties but it felt nice to actually have someone. Every inch of contact she was making only made her heart flutter a bit,and make her pelt grow warmer (which should help Clouded sky,supposivly.) and made her purr louder then she already was,making her happiness apparent and clear.
As the other warrior's larger head was rested, Cloudedsky's immediate response was to tilt her head upwards and bury her face in Briarbranch's fluffy cheek, a gesture she didn't realize she had done until it was too late. She decided to just stay there, hoping Briar wouldn't mind, and let the warm, fuzzy feeling engulf her.
Then she moved her head again to look at the scenery once more, careful not to push Briar away from her head accidentally. While she'd had her face buried in the other's fur, she realizes how much she enjoyed the brown tabby's scent. It felt comforting, and she felt like she wouldn't mind breathing in that scent forever.
In fact, she felt comfortable just being with Briarbranch, more so than she'd ever felt with another cat. There was a soft, calm smile on her face as she gazed forward. Her own purr, which had been faint and nearly undetectable at first, had grown in volume as well.
Old March 5th, 2017, 09:37 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn View Post

As the other warrior's larger head was rested, Cloudedsky's immediate response was to tilt her head upwards and bury her face in Briarbranch's fluffy cheek, a gesture she didn't realize she had done until it was too late. She decided to just stay there, hoping Briar wouldn't mind, and let the warm, fuzzy feeling engulf her.
Then she moved her head again to look at the scenery once more, careful not to push Briar away from her head accidentally. While she'd had her face buried in the other's fur, she realizes how much she enjoyed the brown tabby's scent. It felt comforting, and she felt like she wouldn't mind breathing in that scent forever.
In fact, she felt comfortable just being with Briarbranch, more so than she'd ever felt with another cat. There was a soft, calm smile on her face as she gazed forward. Her own purr, which had been faint and nearly undetectable at first, had grown in volume as well.
She could feel her cheeks grow warm as she felt her friends touch. She liked moments like this,especially with Cloud. In one of her favorite places in the trees and gazing over the scenery,snugged close together for warmed. This felt like home,having Cloud snugged in her side with a mix of purrs from both of them. She felt warmness inside of her,it felt like a mixture of butterflies and affection,but not nervous butterflies. Giddy butterflies of adrenaline,probably from being so close with one of her favorite cats. Her green eyes gazed over the scenery but her eyes were always drawn back to Cloudedsky,it seemed her pelt could reflect any color it wished and it was utterly stunning,it seemed so much brighter with the white color of the snow to reflect off of,her eyes bright. This to her was probably the true scenery,but she drew her eyes away not wanting o seem rude for staring. Her scent was like fresh leaves, intoxicating and she could let the scent invade her nose all day.
Old March 5th, 2017, 09:55 AM
'No Ones Better Than You'

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
A gentle swish of the branches and leaves hanging above a large apprentice made way for a flood of rain to come pouring through, soaking the she-cat and ruining her pelt that had been cleaned just before she had made her way out of the camp. Laurelpaw had barely managed to avoid getting wet by ducking beneath the undergrowth, but even that hadn't done much. Feeling the weight on her pelt grow with water each step, she only hoped that she would reach the cave soon. The miserable downpour did not put as much of a damper on her mood as it seemed, however. Soon, she'd be nice and dry with her mentor, Raggedfur, in the training cave. Sighing, she trotted onwards, wondering why the journey was taking much longer than it usually did; she supposed it had to do with the rain, seeming as if it were slowing time down to a near halt and forcing her to take much longer to get to her destination. Once the opening to the cave had come into view—Thank StarClan, I wasn't going in the wrong direction!—she bounded towards it and ducked inside.

Eyes adjusting to the dimmer light, she focused on her mentor, standing near one side of the cave. "Ah. Raggedfur," she meowed, a gentle purr coursing through her body as she spoke his name. "I hope you haven't been waiting for too long. Sorry if I caused any trouble by being a little late." Laurelpaw shook her fur out, spraying water in every direction, and of course, she gave him a sheepish glance for that unplanned action. "What will we be learning today?" In a murmur, she added, "Defense, I hope?" She had never been the best at offense, and yet she never wanted to be very good, as fighting was partially against her moral code. She never liked it much. Defense, however, was something she was rather good at. Not the best by a long shot, but she was getting there. Despite not having a fondness for fighting, she hoped to be ready to defend someone at the cost of her life in a heartbeat.
{ @Mistyfoot⚜️ Sorry for kinda interrupting, its just me and pathos kinda need to rp these too }

Goldenpaw looked into the wet, damp cave. The she-cat watched the two cats talk, and felt a pang of sympathy for the young apprentice. Her mentor dragged her of training in this weather? Cruel. The warrior doesn't even look like she wants to be here. The she-cat slithered silently forward, not being seen, which was quite an achievement for a cat with a golden pelt. Her amber eyes followed the nervous apprentice, her sharp expression softening. The honey coloured cat stepped forward; with a white lie on her lips, "Sorry for interrupting, but my mentor is ill. May I join in your training session? Me and..." The she-cat thought for a moment, isn't it Laurelpaw? "laurelpaw could compare each other and work together to be better."

{ Ive just realised how manipulative Goldenpaw is. Luckily, she has morals.}

Site Finder
Pet's name: Stardust ❤︎

Just Dm me.
I have a tumblr
Momotaro245.

- Currently -
i will reply weekends
Old March 5th, 2017, 11:14 AM
leave the past behind

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye Of The Storm View Post

{ @Mistyfoot⚜️ Sorry for kinda interrupting, its just me and pathos kinda need to rp these too }

Goldenpaw looked into the wet, damp cave. The she-cat watched the two cats talk, and felt a pang of sympathy for the young apprentice. Her mentor dragged her of training in this weather? Cruel. The warrior doesn't even look like she wants to be here. The she-cat slithered silently forward, not being seen, which was quite an achievement for a cat with a golden pelt. Her amber eyes followed the nervous apprentice, her sharp expression softening. The honey coloured cat stepped forward; with a white lie on her lips, "Sorry for interrupting, but my mentor is ill. May I join in your training session? Me and..." The she-cat thought for a moment, isn't it Laurelpaw? "laurelpaw could compare each other and work together to be better."

{ Ive just realised how manipulative Goldenpaw is. Luckily, she has morals.}
Laurelpaw turned away from her mentor long enough to see the other apprentice just before she spoke. Blinking, eyebrows raised for a moment in surprise, she tilted her head at the she-cat. She wasn't sure that she knew her name, but apparently, Goldenpaw knew hers, so Laurel couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt at not having remembered her name. "Yes, could she join us?" she inquired, glancing over at Raggedfur. "We would be able to work on things that we wouldn't normally be able to do with just two cats." Spending a moment to think about possible fighting techniques, she sat down and groomed her ears. After a few heartbeats, eyes flicking up and glancing from one cat to the other to see if they were impatient. Finally, she meowed, "Such as some self-defense moves when it's two cats versus one. My friend was telling me about it. I think that would be very helpful in battle." During the last gathering, she had met up with one of her friends from another Clan. They had told her all about their battle techniques, which, in hindsight, was probably a bad idea, but they were only apprentices; they didn't know that talking about that to a foreigner may have a negative impact.

lio was here ♥