Last post by Blazing
Today 01:46 AM

Old February 28th, 2024, 03:46 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
"It's going to make it harder to teach to a shy apprentice like mine. Well I'll do my best. Thanks see you guys later!" She walked out of the den not to surprised about what she learned. She was going to have to tell her apprentice that he would have to speak up for her to hear him.
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Well, at least she didn't take the news badly! Drizzlecloud trilled jovially, her tail thumping against the ground below in an almost excitable manner. “I'm sure you'll do well! Just remember to take the time to think about the steps that you and your apprentice can take together to help improve your communication between one another! Just let me know if you need any more help, okay?”

It was nice to see that Willowstripes wasn't too discouraged with the knowledge that she was experiencing hearing loss. As someone who dealt with the same thing, it was just… Oddly heart-warming. At the end of the day, it was nice to see others who were similar to yourself who were still completely capable and just as confident as they were before. It made her happy, at least, so she hoped for the best for her clanmate.

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old February 28th, 2024, 05:06 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 31 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Hmmmm.... Tingling paw, suppose that they could feel it meant it was getting better? Whatever it was it caused some involuntary twitches in the paw sheltered under Drizzleclouds tail and the tripod casted an apologetic look to Drizzlecloud as they mostly focused on Springpaw.

The apprentice didnt say much despite the fact that there was obviously more going on beneath the surface (Mudhound had experience with that, Sprucepaw did the same thing with little words and big thoughts and feelings) so what was there required some thought.

"Im sorry you got a chill Springpaw, it happens but I swear it always happens at the worst time right? God something important going on? Chill. Just dont wanna feel bad? Chill. Its reliable in that it sucks at least." Mudhound shifted and hummed, head resting on the lip of the nest and watching like a hawk for the moment Springpaw drew close enough so they could reach out and comfortingly groom whatever they could reach nest bound as they were. "You probably know best as medicine cat for what you need, but no one will blame you if you need to take a break from duties to recover. Everyone understands feeling bad and if anyone tries to give you flack for making sure a chill doesnt become a cold then send me after them and Ill make sure they learn better!"

The maine coon gave a gentle grin, eyes crinkling and added "Youre a kiddo still Springpaw, you shouldnt not enjoy being a kid just because youre a medicine cat kid. It may feel like it but the clan doesnt rest on your shoulders." Their gaze cast to Drizzlecloud too, mock scoldingly "Not on yours either just because youre an adult and big medicine cat! Even high ranks deserve rest and grace, its why Bumble-sis has hornets and Spider-dude delegates patrols to Wolfpaw sometimes. You should get that too! Healing helpers so you can take a break~" It was a good idea! It allowed Springpaw and Drizzlecloud to take breaks for chills and to have fun and relax as they obviously needed to do more!

Especially Springpaw, she was being too weighted down at so young and it wasnt good for her.

Then there was the other issue.... 'Everything going on' Yeah that was a toughie.
"Things are pretty rough right now arent they? On one paw this isnt new, living as a wildcat comes at cost and some time times are rough, but that fact doesnt make it easier to live through this..... I personally try to rationalize that death comes for everyone but even if they go early we'll see them again some day, for now we just need to enjoy the time with them and love them as they deserve so they never doubt that. Its still hard but life wouldnt be life without ups and downs."

At the comment on being glad no one was injured the soft smile changed being soft and perhaps a bit sad to being more wane. "Ah, theres a difference between physical injuries and mental I suppose. Im ok but the whole thing was horrible and I dunno if this helped anyone, not us despite trying to warn them off of any more of these events or them for giving them another chance and returning the bodies. My heart will hurt for a bit.

Buuuuuuuut helping your heart with another feather will help me! So dont worry about my heart, Im a fast healer."
True in multiple angles, as the tripods frostbitten paw was nearly completely warmed and though they ached with how much Riverclan had hated them and the bloodshed they always recovered well from all this.

@eris @Omari

Last edited by Rani; February 28th, 2024 at 05:07 PM.
Old February 28th, 2024, 06:22 PM

Bump Policy: 1-2 days
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Well, at least she didn't take the news badly! Drizzlecloud trilled jovially, her tail thumping against the ground below in an almost excitable manner. “I'm sure you'll do well! Just remember to take the time to think about the steps that you and your apprentice can take together to help improve your communication between one another! Just let me know if you need any more help, okay?”

It was nice to see that Willowstripes wasn't too discouraged with the knowledge that she was experiencing hearing loss. As someone who dealt with the same thing, it was just… Oddly heart-warming. At the end of the day, it was nice to see others who were similar to yourself who were still completely capable and just as confident as they were before. It made her happy, at least, so she hoped for the best for her clanmate.
"Thanks, could you do me a favour? Next time you see Spiderthroat could you him about my deafness?" Willowstripes asked as she walked out of the den. She had to get to her apprentice, who knows what trouble he had got himself into.

The greatest thrill is to not kill but to let live -James Oliver Curwood
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/111/jhn.3.16-17.NIV
Old March 6th, 2024, 12:36 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

The tabby she-cat's nose wrinkled as she entered the familiar den. It still smelled like herbs and sadness. No offense to the medicine cats, of course; they were competent at least. It was just this hellhole of a den they lived in. Violetfreckle couldn't handle the smell of herbs on her fur all the time. A shiver ran down her spine at the thought.

She carried with her a mouthful of yellow bells to put away. She figured it was one less thing for the medicine cats to do, especially with Drizzlecloud, well... Yeah. With that thought, she looked until she found where the herbs belonged. Yes. At least, she hoped. She turned around to sweep her gaze over the injured cats, feeling a prick of guilt. No, it wasn't her fault her leg had been broken. She shoved the feeling down.

// @paris \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old March 6th, 2024, 07:35 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Annoyed

ThunderClan Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellichor View Post
•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

The tabby she-cat's nose wrinkled as she entered the familiar den. It still smelled like herbs and sadness. No offense to the medicine cats, of course; they were competent at least. It was just this hellhole of a den they lived in. Violetfreckle couldn't handle the smell of herbs on her fur all the time. A shiver ran down her spine at the thought.

She carried with her a mouthful of yellow bells to put away. She figured it was one less thing for the medicine cats to do, especially with Drizzlecloud, well... Yeah. With that thought, she looked until she found where the herbs belonged. Yes. At least, she hoped. She turned around to sweep her gaze over the injured cats, feeling a prick of guilt. No, it wasn't her fault her leg had been broken. She shoved the feeling down.

// @paris \\

Larkswoop
Flock Together Tier 2
a mottled dusky-brown-and-white she-cat with green eyes.

____

Larkswoop lifted her head as she heard Violetfreckle enter the den. Good. Just the cat she had been looking for.

Tilting her head, she called out to the gray-and-white tabby warrior. ´´Violetfreckle? May I speak with you?´´
Old March 8th, 2024, 11:25 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

Unfortunately for the calico, her lips churned into a frown as she noted the signing that Mushroompaw was doing. Signing wasn’t one of her biggest feats, and she wasn’t necessarily the best when it came to reading signs. Perhaps it could’ve meant that he was willing to tell her what had occurred inside the territory that resulted in Fawnpaw’s death, but it could’ve meant something entirely different. All that the matter did was leave her in a jumbled mess, making the medicine cat apprentice briefly frown as she slowly nodded her head. “If… you are… implying me… that you… are willing… to explain… what had… occurred to… cause Fawnpaw’s… death… then I… am more… than willing… to listen… but if it… becomes too… much for you… don’t hesitate… to take a… break from… explaining… you’ve… been through… enough as… it is.” A tired smile wormed its way onto her lips, the calico using her tail to gently caress itself along the tom-cat’s shoulders as she awaited his explanation, furrowing her brows in preparation to try to read his signs so she could get the most of what he would be explaining to her.

@ChaosBringer. [ ignore how rushed this post is ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old March 8th, 2024, 01:03 PM
chasing away dreams

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

“Absolutely not.” Springpaw spoke, focusing on the small molly as she pulled away from the cleaned injury. “If… we let… you out… of our… sight… then we’d… be at… fault… you will… be staying… for the… time being… until we… have some… more marigold… to apply… to your wounds.” To be honest, Springpaw felt horrible for stating this to the young molly, but the calico wouldn’t want to risk anything horrid happening to the young apprentice if they let her off the hook too easily. Her gaze softened as she focused briefly on the moss-bed that Streampaw was currently lying upon. “For right… now… please… just stay… on your moss-bed… for the time… being… I’m not… wanting you… to go… out and… about with… a horrible gash… like that… on the loose.”

@Streamtail @Omari [ rushing through this reply sorry for it being bad ]

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Old March 8th, 2024, 06:21 PM
chasing away dreams

Springpaw

The tripod’s recommendation of her to take a break instinctively caused a curve to develop deep within the calico. Some things such as a break weren’t something that had occurred quite often in the young molly’s mind. Sure, it would help her from being consistently tired all the time from overworking herself and trying her hardest to keep her clan in shape and not crumble to ashes like it had moons before Bumblestar’s reign as leader. Springpaw wasn’t bound to have herself become like one of the past medicine cats and drown in a charade of failure. It was one of the more looming insecurities that kept hovering over her head, always mocking her very movements. She found herself shaking away the thought, focusing briefly on Mudhound’s words of comfort towards the fact that she had borne a chill. To be fairly honest, even if Springpaw was bearing this horrible feverish cold, she wasn’t going to allow herself to succumb to it even though it sucked worse than the entirety of the dark forest itself. That didn’t mean that she wasn’t going to consider Mudhound’s word. She wasn’t that mean to just ignore their word entirety. They were trying to help, and that was that.

Her tired smile faltered as Mudhoun’s words slowly seeped into the crevices of her mind, allowing herself to just listen to what they needed to say. Even if they were stating that she was at least still considerably a kid, Springpaw couldn’t see that. She was supposed to be holding a high representative of her clan. If she has shown any weaknesses, then why was she a medicine cat apprentice? “I… know that… I should… take more… breaks often… but I… can’t see… myself doing that… I don’t… wanna end… up like… all the… other former… medicine cats… I’m… not going… to allow myself… to dive down… in failure… like they’ve had… I’m not… making the… same mistakes… as they once… had.” It was true, as the young medic herself had practically remained stable in her position much longer than Cinderpaw once had. The thought of the former ThunderClan apprentice made her mentally grimace to herself. She hadn’t known her much, but she knew that during her time as a medic, she hadn’t tried to do anything to help assist her clan. Springpaw wasn’t like that. Hell, she wasn’t like any of the other medicine cats. Anyone can say otherwise, but she wasn’t allowing herself to go dive into failure and never lift herself back up. She learns from her mistakes and she pulls through. Bumblestar even said so herself when she had appointed the young medic as medicine cat apprentice that she saw greatness in both her and Drizzlecloud.

Thankfully, the mood was quickly lifted as Mudhound rambled on about being eager to make her heart happy by bringing her another owl feather. Their word alone was enough to make her lips form into another small, yet tired smile. Her nest had already been decorated with a random assortment of flowers and other nature-related things, she wouldn’t mind another item to get added to the mix. Her thoughts on the matter were soon uplifted as she glanced down towards the leg, noting its shallow, stiffened movements. The warmth was slowly working its way into their system, and Springpaw found herself pleased with its progress. “Your… leg is… warming up… nicely… I will… make sure… to grab… some moss… and cobwebs… that can… be wrapped… around the… limb… to hopefully… prevent… it from… coming back… but either way… how would… you feel… if I… made you… a flower crown?... I plan… on making… Bumbles… a crown… but I… just never… had… the chance to… make her… one.” It wasn’t anything much more than just a mere gift and a hobby that Springpaw genuinely enjoyed doing, But if Mudhound didn’t find anything towards the fact of her making them a flower crown, then it was perfectly fine by her nonetheless.

@Rani @Omari [ maybe this could get wrapped up real fast? ]

Old March 9th, 2024, 10:39 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud gently patted Mudhound’s paw with her tail, casting them a small smile of amusement at their twitching. It was no problem for her–it was a good sign.

The idea of healing helpers was certainly an interesting one. She hummed softly, taking it into consideration. “We take breaks when we can, Muddy. Thank you for the suggestions–we’ll certainly be thinking about them.” She spoke softly, a small smile adorning her features as she leaned over to groom the tripod’s bloodied fur. She decided not to say anything else on the matter, though, as Springpaw seemed to have taken the initiative there to speak what they both were probably thinking.

Drizzlecloud lifted her tail for a moment, instead brushing her paw-pad over Mudhound’s leg, another quiet hum escaping her. Certainly feeling better than it had been before. Her ear twitched upon hearing Springpaw’s words, flower crowns, how cute. She had personally never made one herself, but she had seen them around a few times.. Very few times, but nonetheless. “Flower crowns, how cute.”

[ @vei @Rani ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old March 11th, 2024, 12:18 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Being emotionally perceptive and intelligent but otherwise stupid made for a very interesting dichotomy. No one expected you to pick up on the emotions you did, Mudhound had found, and what they found concerned them. Springpaw was exhausted, obviously completely worn out mentally and physically but so obviously repulsed by the very idea of taking a break she shook. And she felt like that because of the Cinderpaw situation. Mudhound hadnt really understood whatd happened there, didnt know the nuance or background having only just joined and had, at the time thought the situation harsh. If face value was all that situation was then the fear could be understood but....

In the moons Mudhound had grown to know and understand Bumblestars nature, her expectations and wants in cats, the tripod had found it reasonable. Maybe a bit high at times but it wasnt iron clad and ruthless and she had compassion when you expressed difficulties and that you needed assistance.

So though the hornet couldnt speak for their sister they were pretty sure Springpaws fear was founded on a misunderstanding, one that could be solved with some talking. But again, it wasnt Mudhounds place to talk on this, all they could do was offer diversions that secretly doubled as breaks and comfort.

Comforts like a whole owl wing if it helped. Or flowers.

"OOOOOH FLOWER CROWNS!!!!! Id love one Spring-sprong, thank you! That sounds so cool, I didnt know you knew how to make those! Can we look for the flowers together, I can help you carry more and it sounds like fun!

And thank you for the healing, a wrapping and I should be clear to get our of your fur!"

@vei @Omari

Last edited by Rani; March 11th, 2024 at 12:19 AM.