RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by taillow
Today 11:13 AM

Old August 22nd, 2020, 10:36 PM
Heyo I’m back

My Mood: Bored

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

EchoPaw stood back up and this time her weight was balanced more. "This good?" She asked, her tail high in the air. @Father of the foof
Old August 23rd, 2020, 04:08 AM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushie View Post

Buckstar

He twitched his whiskers. So this cat didn't take kindly to being called a kittypet. All right, then, that was fine. He shrugged. "Sorry. A lot of the cats we get looking for us are kittypets, so I just assumed you were one, too. My apologies. But it's nice to meet you, Ember."

His gaze was sparkling with obvious amusement, and he laughed. "Monsters? Please, unless you count the badgers that prowl the forest, we aren't monsters. Just normal cats who decided freedom was better than being cooped up behind walls all day. I'm Buckstar, ThunderClan's leader, by the way."
[/CENTER]
// Ember
The tips of Ember's ears warmed with embarrassment despite evening's chill rolling through the foliage. Had she overreacted? ...Maybe. A bit. Not much, but a bit. The truth offended her delicate sense of pride. Obviously this tom wasn't a monster; he wasn't even being unfriendly, which was somehow worse. The calico she-cat allowed her fur to flatten.

"If a kittypet means a...cat who lives with humans, then yeah, I guess I was one. But they'll have to kill me before I go back there." While yes, the sentiment was dramatic, she still felt conviction in every syllable. Instant death would be better, because life as a kittypet was just a slower one dressed in a fancy bow.

Ember's eyes widened into little reflective moons when Buckstar explained his identity. He was... a free cat. Independent. No humans, no collars, no walls, no limits, no watching life waste away through a frosted window. Her chest tightened with same mix of adrenaline and longing Ember remembered feeling when she learned her father had been free, like she was meant to be. A cat with no master--making her own destiny. Ember noticed them now, the subtle tells of easy confidence. Buckstar walked, talked and looked like a cat who had always been free.

Ember didn't feel like curbing her tongue.

"I want that."

What had she just said? No, no no no no no. Just because the thought of independence was exhilarating, just because it made her heart fly like the breeze on an fall day-- that didn't mean she could just. Admit it to this stranger. Right?

...but still, what was there to lose? At worst, this cat left her alone. At best? He might tell her where she could get this freedom, too.

Last edited by Ziera; August 23rd, 2020 at 04:10 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2020, 01:45 PM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Ferretleap smiled, “yup that’s the way”
@BreadTurtle

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.
Old August 23rd, 2020, 05:44 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Frostbreeze flicked her tail,” Hmm...my mother left a while ago to become a kittypet instead of an elder. I never met my father.“ she meowed.
Oh. Well, that's rather.....unfortunate. Fishfin mewed somewhat sympathetically. He had been found on Thunderclan territory, as a kit, so he didn't know his parents.
(Sorry for the late reply)
Old August 23rd, 2020, 07:34 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @TheNyanCatMinecart ]

Okay, why did every kit in camp seem determined to cause trouble? What was up with that lately? Did they WANT their apprentice ceremonies delayed? Was that a trend now? Buckstar had followed Flowerkit's scent from camp, and now he was behind her, scowling down at her. "Why are you out here and not in camp, like you're supposed to be?"

----------

[ @Redtalon ]

His kind demeanor shifted, expression slipping from amused into that of surprise. "You... want what? To join ThunderClan?" That could definitely be arranged. She was here, and so was he, and there were open warriors... yeah, yeah, that could totally happen. "I mean, sure. We've got plenty of room."

Last edited by dino.; August 23rd, 2020 at 07:39 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2020, 07:47 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Sugarsnows heart fluttered in a most unhappy way, she was never one for physical altercations. Not that she couldn’t fight or defend herself goodness no! Rather she was more frightened of embarrassing herself if anything. Ears flattening the silver tabby screwed her whiskers up with an indignant snort. “Now now sweetdream, I couldn’t possibly substitue for a pile of old leaves!” deflecting the possible squirming if she could. “However I think I’d be good practice for anything else your little heart desires” a faint smile crossing her lips as she ran her bushy tail under she cats chin. Love. Not war.

Softbear, how and why on earth was he out here in the middle of a hot day! His dear asthma she fretted over, especially when it was hot and dry. Imagine the dust that could be kicked up!

“I was about to be the newest edition to the fresh kill pile!” She teased dropping into a seat with her amber eyes gleaming. She’d hound her brother over his asthma if it got bad enough to do so, for now she’d let it go for the sake of his image in front of dear sweetdream. If he was wise he’d fancy the she cat just as much as she was learning to do.

@chaton @Romulus

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old August 23rd, 2020, 08:21 PM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
[ @Redtalon ]

His kind demeanor shifted, expression slipping from amused into that of surprise. "You... want what? To join ThunderClan?" That could definitely be arranged. She was here, and so was he, and there were open warriors... yeah, yeah, that could totally happen. "I mean, sure. We've got plenty of room."
// Ember
...join...ThunderClan?

Ember tilted her head, regarding Buckstar with new suspicion. Why would he be so willing to invite a stranger? It took all of Ember's resolve not to accept right away, but she needed to test this offer first. The little calico wouldn't walk blindly into another cage.

"Just like that? ...How do I know you're telling the truth?"

Last edited by Ziera; August 23rd, 2020 at 09:11 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2020, 08:45 PM
Lil gamer pup :3

Bump Policy: 3/4 hours
My Mood: Mellow

@Rainquail
(How new is Boulder? new or an older apprentice?)

Rowanstem led his apprentice into the training cave, turning around and sitting, waiting for the young cat. He had no clue why Buckstar would entrust him with one of the young cats, but he would prove he could handle it. For more reasons than one.

•••

"The worst part of dreaming is waking up."
Please bump me after 24hrs if I don't respond!
• sig icon by SqdPxl on deviantart •

Character Site
Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:49 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

(Boulder is an adult cat that joined as an outsider; she has hunting and battle knowledge, which she will keep dumbed down for a while)

Boulderpaw followed closely behind Rowanstem, holding back the urge to hiss and curse every time she tripped or stepped on a sharp pebble. How do these forest cats live like this?
@Sakura

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old August 24th, 2020, 03:15 AM
s

My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father of the foof View Post
Ferretleap wrapped his front paws around Softbear, or at least he tried to, before burying his face in the mass of fur. “But.. it’s just so sad. We came to roll down hills but now you don’t see colors and it’s so sad...” He mewed before a sob came through his body again.
Softbear exhaled softly. He couldnt hear a word of what the small thing said, the noises muffled. He simply held the warrior, patting him on the back with a small smile. "you're okay!" he reassured, unaware of what he was actually reassuring him on. An easy chuckle left the big boy. "I always wondered why the sky was so cloudy."

please bump me constantly | Dealing with ADHD & Dyslexia.

larkfires best friend
xaviers' ideas bank