Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
bear hugs - bearsnout...
Last post by chickadee
Today 12:39 PM
healing request for...
by ellie
Last post by ellie
Today 12:34 PM
"I'm Not Sure About You"...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:16 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Bean
Today 11:52 AM

Old October 18th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"A whole mess of stuff to help your paw heal, stay clean, and keep from getting infected. Don't lick it. It tastes terrible. Now get some rest." The old, golden tom smiled weakly as he saw the poppy seeds going to work. He was glad she'd get this chance to rest. Let her have some sweet dreams tonight... Tomorrow, I'll have to tel her the truth about her paw. One more night of hope is a best I can do, he thought sadly.
Oakpaw nodded, taking a sniff at her paste covered paw. Tangy scents burned at her nostrils, and made her cringe. Too strong! Oakpaw shook her head and lay her head on her paws. Darkness began to close in on her, and just before she closed her eyes, she saw the shining light of the full moon.
Old October 18th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Oakpaw nodded, taking a sniff at her paste covered paw. Tangy scents burned at her nostrils, and made her cringe. Too strong! Oakpaw shook her head and lay her head on her paws. Darkness began to close in on her, and just before she closed her eyes, she saw the shining light of the full moon.
Shinefang watched the apprentice drift off to sleep, his heart heavy. He turned to glance out the den entrance and saw that the full moon was shining in the sky. The gathering would begin soon. He felt a twinge of concern about leaving the apprentice here on her own, but pushed it aside. She'll sleep through the night with the amount of poppy I gave her. Turning to stalk into the night, the medicine cat joined the crowd of his clanmates how preparing to set out toward seastones.

(End scene. Unless you want to have her wake up in the middle of the night I suppose. Or have a dream).

Old October 21st, 2017, 03:53 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Shinefang watched the apprentice drift off to sleep, his heart heavy. He turned to glance out the den entrance and saw that the full moon was shining in the sky. The gathering would begin soon. He felt a twinge of concern about leaving the apprentice here on her own, but pushed it aside. She'll sleep through the night with the amount of poppy I gave her. Turning to stalk into the night, the medicine cat joined the crowd of his clanmates how preparing to set out toward seastones.

(End scene. Unless you want to have her wake up in the middle of the night I suppose. Or have a dream).
(No, it's fine, let's end it here it was fun ^^)

Last edited by Role; October 21st, 2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old November 5th, 2017, 01:19 AM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

@Charmer

The tabby apprentice stepped slowly into the medicine den on shaky paws, his eyes looking as if he couldn't tell exactly what he was looking at. His left eye was shut and just above it was a clump of fur stuck together by blood. "H-hello?" His voice sounded slurred, he made the word sound long unintentionally. He wanted to call out for the new medicine cat, but he couldn't remember what their name was. Everything in his head mushed together and he couldn't put together a correct thought. He attempted to move further into the den but the world around him seemed to spin as he moved, causing him to fall onto the ground.
Acronpaw's reaction to the fall was slow, as it took a good while for him to realize that he had moved at all. "Ow... Um, M-med-a-cat, uh, Shine-yfrost." He knew when he spoke that he was wrong, but couldn't muster the energy to try to correct himself. Instead, he stayed on the ground and waited to be noticed.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old November 5th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Socks View Post
@Charmer

The tabby apprentice stepped slowly into the medicine den on shaky paws, his eyes looking as if he couldn't tell exactly what he was looking at. His left eye was shut and just above it was a clump of fur stuck together by blood. "H-hello?" His voice sounded slurred, he made the word sound long unintentionally. He wanted to call out for the new medicine cat, but he couldn't remember what their name was. Everything in his head mushed together and he couldn't put together a correct thought. He attempted to move further into the den but the world around him seemed to spin as he moved, causing him to fall onto the ground.
Acronpaw's reaction to the fall was slow, as it took a good while for him to realize that he had moved at all. "Ow... Um, M-med-a-cat, uh, Shine-yfrost." He knew when he spoke that he was wrong, but couldn't muster the energy to try to correct himself. Instead, he stayed on the ground and waited to be noticed.
Shinefang had been asleep in his nest in the farther recesses of his den. Hearing someone calling for him, he stood up, stretching his aching joints as he yawned a wide yawn. Last night, he'd been to Starclan territoryand and he was still bristling from the encounter. But he had meant what he said to Slatepelt. No Skyclan cat was joining Starclan on his watch. He'd fight teeth and claw to keep them here in Skyclan. He came shambling toward the den entrance, eyes bleary with sleep, and snorting when he heard the cat call him by the wrong name. "Close enough, kit," he muttered. Every cat was a kit to Shinefang after all, and this one had the high voice of an apprentice, which made him young enough to be his kit's kit, if his kits had survived. The medicine cat froze in shock as he noticed the apprentice collapsed on the den floor, the fur on his head matted with blood. He rushed to the apprentices side, and knelt down, looking at his face. He had a far off look in his eye that made Shinefang's blood run cold, and that blood on his head. "It's ok, it's ok," Shinefang said aloud, as much to himself as the apprentice. "My name is Shinefang. I've got ya." His mind raced as he floundered for what he should do to help the younger cat. The den floor must be hard. I should get him into a nest. "Can you tell me what happened?" The old tom asked, bowing down to get a mouthful of the younger cat's scruff to drag him into a nest.

Last edited by Charmer; November 5th, 2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old November 5th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Foot Wallet

Quote:
Shinefang had been asleep in his nest in the farther recesses of his den. Hearing someone calling for him, he stood up, stretching his aching joints as he yawned a wide yawn. Last night, he'd been to Starclan territoryand and he was still bristling from the encounter. But he had meant what he said to Slatepelt. No Skyclan cat was joining Starclan on his watch. He'd fight teeth and claw to keep them here in Skyclan. He came shambling toward the den entrance, eyes bleary with sleep, and snorting when he heard the cat call him by the wrong name. "Close enough, kit," he muttered. Every cat was a kit to Shinefang after all, and this one had the high voice of an apprentice, which made him young enough to be his kit's kit, if his kits had survived. The medicine cat froze in shock as he noticed the apprentice collapsed on the den floor, the fur on his head matted with blood. He rushed to the apprentices side, and knelt down, looking at his face. He had a far off look in his eye that made Shinefang's blood run cold, and that blood on his head. "It's ok, it's ok," Shinefang said aloud, as much to himself as the apprentice. "My name is Shinefang. I've got ya." His mind raced as he floundered for what he should do to help the younger cat. The den floor must be hard. I should get him into a nest. "Can you tell me what happened?" The old tom asked, bowing down to get a mouthful of the younger cat's scruff to drag him into a nest.
Hearing the other's voice was both soothing and painful. It was soothing to know that he was going to be taken care of, but painful in the fact that the sound made his head hurt more. He pressed his ears against his head to try and block out the sound but he was still hearing. After processing the words 'what happened' Acornpaw spoke quickly. "I... fell?" It almost sounded like he was asking a question. "On my head."
It had happened so fast for him, he had gone out for a hunt on his own after his mentor had punished him. It was his way of being rebellious. It was going well, except he wasn't really looking where he was going. One moment he was running through the territory, the next he was on the ground with his head next to a bloodied rock. After that, he had come back to camp as quickly as he could. "On a rock..."

Old November 5th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Hearing the other's voice was both soothing and painful. It was soothing to know that he was going to be taken care of, but painful in the fact that the sound made his head hurt more. He pressed his ears against his head to try and block out the sound but he was still hearing. After processing the words 'what happened' Acornpaw spoke quickly. "I... fell?" It almost sounded like he was asking a question. "On my head."
It had happened so fast for him, he had gone out for a hunt on his own after his mentor had punished him. It was his way of being rebellious. It was going well, except he wasn't really looking where he was going. One moment he was running through the territory, the next he was on the ground with his head next to a bloodied rock. After that, he had come back to camp as quickly as he could. "On a rock..."
Shinefang had never been trained as a medicine cat. All of the knowledge he had about herbs and healing had been the result of experience. He'd been sliced, clawed, and bitten, he'd seen cats die from greencough because there wasn't enough catmint, he'd seen cats with broken legs recover because a medicine cat tied a stick to the broken limb using cobwebs. He'd never seen an injury like this. He'd never seen a cat look so disoriented and confused before who wasn't old enough to live in the elder's den. Something was very wrong with this cat, and he didn't know what it was or how to help. "Alright," he said simply, his mind whirling. He pulled the apprentice over the lip of an open nest and left him on the soft moss, quickly moving to his herb stores. Yarrow for the bleeding, for sure, he thought to himself, pulling a mouthful of the dried flowers down. Hesitating, he looked at the rest of his stores. Comfrey maybe? Could he have a broken bone in his head? It was a grizzly thought, but he snatched down a pawful of leaves. What else... Shinefang was well stocked with poppy seeds for now. It seemed like a good way to help the young apprentice relax. He took a wrapped leaf bundle of the tiny seeds off the shelf and put them on the den floor, scooping up the yarrow and comfrey to chew into a poltice. He went over to the apprentice, spit the herbs into his paw and began the delicate work of applying them to the wound. The old tom was sure it would hurt for him to touch it, so he tried to distract the apprentice. "What's your name, kit? How many moons left before you're a warrior?"

Old November 5th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Foot Wallet

Quote:
Shinefang had never been trained as a medicine cat. All of the knowledge he had about herbs and healing had been the result of experience. He'd been sliced, clawed, and bitten, he'd seen cats die from greencough because there wasn't enough catmint, he'd seen cats with broken legs recover because a medicine cat tied a stick to the broken limb using cobwebs. He'd never seen an injury like this. He'd never seen a cat look so disoriented and confused before who wasn't old enough to live in the elder's den. Something was very wrong with this cat, and he didn't know what it was or how to help. "Alright," he said simply, his mind whirling. He pulled the apprentice over the lip of an open nest and left him on the soft moss, quickly moving to his herb stores. Yarrow for the bleeding, for sure, he thought to himself, pulling a mouthful of the dried flowers down. Hesitating, he looked at the rest of his stores. Comfrey maybe? Could he have a broken bone in his head? It was a grizzly thought, but he snatched down a pawful of leaves. What else... Shinefang was well stocked with poppy seeds for now. It seemed like a good way to help the young apprentice relax. He took a wrapped leaf bundle of the tiny seeds off the shelf and put them on the den floor, scooping up the yarrow and comfrey to chew into a poltice. He went over to the apprentice, spit the herbs into his paw and began the delicate work of applying them to the wound. The old tom was sure it would hurt for him to touch it, so he tried to distract the apprentice. "What's your name, kit? How many moons left before you're a warrior?"
He felt soft moss underneath him and finally realized that the older cat had been moving him into what he felt was a nest. He let himself sink down into the comfortable nest, laying on his right side with the bloodied side of his head facing up so it wouldn't hurt. He watched the medicine cat move about with tired eyes, he knew the other would help him so he let his fears fade away.
He got distracted looking at a little bug in the moss when he felt a sting on the side of his head. He closed his eyes tight to get through the pain of it, not wanting to seem like a little kit who couldn't handle a little sting. "Oh... Um... I'm Acornpaw... Yeah, Acornpaw. And.. Um... only, like, 3 moons." He smiled at that, or, tried to smile but it looked more like a wince. He was proud of how far into his training he was. He would be a warrior soon, something he had dreamed of since he was a kit, was almost here.

Old November 6th, 2017, 03:32 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Sinefang glanced down at the shecat's paws to confirm that they did indeed look unhurt, as if not quite able to take her word for it. He noticed the plump looking rabbit she had brought in at the same moment, she said that she'd brought it for him. "That's for me?" the old tom said, a hint of disbelief in his eyes, but the shecat appeared sincere. "That's the best piece of prey I've seen in moons. Did you catch that?" he asked, a wisp of admiration in his tone. Shinefang could respect any cat that could serve their clan well. That was the entire reason he was here after all. As far as the old warrior was concerned, the day he would stop serving his clan would also be the day he died. "If you're here to share freshkill like that with me, you can ask me whatever you like," he meowed, his mouth watering as he looked hungrily at the prey. "Rabbit is my favorite."
The inky she-cat noticed that the tom was glancing down at her paws to check that she was telling the truth. At this, she raised an eyebrow and gave the tom a weird look for a short moment. She found it rather strange that he didn't believe her. Her clanmates usually believed her, and the medicine cat as well. Auroraflame was a very honest cat after all. She could even be a little too honest at times. But she wasn't afraid to tell a white lie for the sake of keeping someone happy. The deputy found herself glancing down at her paws, as if though suspicious that her paws had suddenly broken right there and then. They were fine so she looked back up.
"I'm not sure," Auroraflame remarked, frowning in thought. She'd caught a rabbit earlier this morning and it had been quite plump, but she wasn't sure if this was the same rabbit. She stared at the rabbit for a few moments before she returned her gaze to meet the tom's. If it wasn't then she would tell him later. If appeared that she had made him happy right now so she wasn't going to risk him closing up again. Very honestly, he seemed like a bit of a grumpy cat. Grumpy cats weren't exactly very easy to get along with. Auroraflame herself could be quite grumpy, and she was never very nice or open when she was in a bad mood.
"Oh good!" Auroraflame responded brightly. The words were meant for both his first and second remark. "Well then, I guess I might as well ask, how did you end up here? Did Grousestar choose you? Or someone else?" Auroraflame enquired. She didn't make her question very detailed. She wasn't actually sure if she was supposed to be asking this and if she wasn't, she didn't want to get into trouble for it. What she really wanted to ask, was if StarClan had chosen him. However, that information might be private so she didn't say anything about StarClan. The she-cat had to be careful over what she said, just in case she asked something that no one should be asking. She didn't want to make a fuss and she didn't want to get into trouble.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old November 6th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

He felt soft moss underneath him and finally realized that the older cat had been moving him into what he felt was a nest. He let himself sink down into the comfortable nest, laying on his right side with the bloodied side of his head facing up so it wouldn't hurt. He watched the medicine cat move about with tired eyes, he knew the other would help him so he let his fears fade away.
He got distracted looking at a little bug in the moss when he felt a sting on the side of his head. He closed his eyes tight to get through the pain of it, not wanting to seem like a little kit who couldn't handle a little sting. "Oh... Um... I'm Acornpaw... Yeah, Acornpaw. And.. Um... only, like, 3 moons." He smiled at that, or, tried to smile but it looked more like a wince. He was proud of how far into his training he was. He would be a warrior soon, something he had dreamed of since he was a kit, was almost here.
(So I don't know when exactly you want him to die, but since Shine isn't familiar with head trauma, he's going to assume he'll be fine.)

"Three moons! Why you'll be a warrior before you know it. Skyclan with be lucky to have a cat like you protecting us. No warrior is going to be able to hit you as hard as that rock did." The medicine cat pretended not to notice the younger tom wincing at his touch. He was obviously trying to be tough. Shinefang himself began to relax as he applied the herbs, the act of putting healing plants on his bloody scalp reminding him how powerful these little plants could be. Besides, when all was said and done, it was a bump on the head. A really hard bump, but a bump nonetheless. I'm sure he'll feel just fine after a good rest. Having finished applying the herbs, Shinefang pushed a ball of wet moss toward the apprentice and nudge two poppy seeds next too his face where he could easily lap them up. "You can take those when you're ready. You'll sleep through the worst of it, but your head's gonna hurt tomorrow," the old tom meowed gently. "Got a warrior name you're hoping for Acornpaw?" He asked, trying to keep the conversation light and hopeful. The apprentcie was likely scared in addition to being in pain.

Last edited by Charmer; November 6th, 2017 at 07:29 PM.