Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Falling Wishes and Sweeter...
by Tiabirb
Last post by hades.
Today 06:16 PM
ShadowClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Aquaria
Today 06:07 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Moonraven
Today 05:58 PM
Sparrowsong finder
by Maybi
Last post by Maybi
Today 05:40 PM
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 05:38 PM

Old November 6th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

The inky she-cat noticed that the tom was glancing down at her paws to check that she was telling the truth. At this, she raised an eyebrow and gave the tom a weird look for a short moment. She found it rather strange that he didn't believe her. Her clanmates usually believed her, and the medicine cat as well. Auroraflame was a very honest cat after all. She could even be a little too honest at times. But she wasn't afraid to tell a white lie for the sake of keeping someone happy. The deputy found herself glancing down at her paws, as if though suspicious that her paws had suddenly broken right there and then. They were fine so she looked back up.
"I'm not sure," Auroraflame remarked, frowning in thought. She'd caught a rabbit earlier this morning and it had been quite plump, but she wasn't sure if this was the same rabbit. She stared at the rabbit for a few moments before she returned her gaze to meet the tom's. If it wasn't then she would tell him later. If appeared that she had made him happy right now so she wasn't going to risk him closing up again. Very honestly, he seemed like a bit of a grumpy cat. Grumpy cats weren't exactly very easy to get along with. Auroraflame herself could be quite grumpy, and she was never very nice or open when she was in a bad mood.
"Oh good!" Auroraflame responded brightly. The words were meant for both his first and second remark. "Well then, I guess I might as well ask, how did you end up here? Did Grousestar choose you? Or someone else?" Auroraflame enquired. She didn't make her question very detailed. She wasn't actually sure if she was supposed to be asking this and if she wasn't, she didn't want to get into trouble for it. What she really wanted to ask, was if StarClan had chosen him. However, that information might be private so she didn't say anything about StarClan. The she-cat had to be careful over what she said, just in case she asked something that no one should be asking. She didn't want to make a fuss and she didn't want to get into trouble.
As the shecat was talking, Shinefang reached a paw forward, tugging the rabbit toward him slowly with his paw as he maintained eye contact with the shecat. He had already taken a large bite of the rabbit's juicy haunch by the time she asked her question about how he became medicine cat in the fist place. The old tom took his time chewing, letting the silence between them linger. At last, he swallowed and heaved a hearty sigh. "Oh that's good rabbit, he said, licking his chops. Have a bite? It's delicious but it's awfully big for just me. Ah! Dibs on the haunches," he added hastily. It was true that eating this by himself would be wasteful, but that wouldn't stop the old geezer from wanting the meatiest parts of the kill. He took another bite and shook his head. "I chose me," he meowed simply, licking his chops. "Skyclan needed a medicine cat after Ebonyfrost left, and as you might have guessed, I've spent more than my fair share of days and nights in a medicine den." He blinked his remaining eye at Auroraflame, as he brandished a gnarled grin. "I thought I'd be the best cat for the job, so I told Grousestar that, and he agreed. And that's the story of how yours truly became a medicine cat. I actually hoped someday I would be in your paws," he added, "But I suppose if hopes were freshkill we'd all get fat in leafbare. Do you enjoy being deputy?" he asked before grabbing hold of a mouthful of rabbit flesh, tearing at it greedily.

Old November 8th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
(So I don't know when exactly you want him to die, but since Shine isn't familiar with head trauma, he's going to assume he'll be fine.)

"Three moons! Why you'll be a warrior before you know it. Skyclan with be lucky to have a cat like you protecting us. No warrior is going to be able to hit you as hard as that rock did." The medicine cat pretended not to notice the younger tom wincing at his touch. He was obviously trying to be tough. Shinefang himself began to relax as he applied the herbs, the act of putting healing plants on his bloody scalp reminding him how powerful these little plants could be. Besides, when all was said and done, it was a bump on the head. A really hard bump, but a bump nonetheless. I'm sure he'll feel just fine after a good rest. Having finished applying the herbs, Shinefang pushed a ball of wet moss toward the apprentice and nudge two poppy seeds next too his face where he could easily lap them up. "You can take those when you're ready. You'll sleep through the worst of it, but your head's gonna hurt tomorrow," the old tom meowed gently. "Got a warrior name you're hoping for Acornpaw?" He asked, trying to keep the conversation light and hopeful. The apprentice was likely scared in addition to being in pain.
(Sorry, didn't get the notification. And yeah, I wanted everything to seem fine but then Acornpaw just doesn't end up waking up.)

After a little while, the herbs didn't seem to sting as much. He started to feel more comfortable, almost able to entirely ignore the pain in his head. Listening to the kind words of the medicine cat made Acornpaw smile even more, even if it sounded too loud to him. He loved to think of how close we was to being a warrior and what he could achieve afterwards. "Thank you." He mumbled as the moss and seeds were placed in front of him. He shifted a bit to lift up his head up a bit.
"Oh, yeah, I, um, wanna be called, er, Acorn... c-claw, like my uncle." He excitedly flexed his claws into the nest under him. He leaned down to the seeds and sniffed them with a slightly strange look on his face.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old November 9th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Socks View Post

(Sorry, didn't get the notification. And yeah, I wanted everything to seem fine but then Acornpaw just doesn't end up waking up.)

After a little while, the herbs didn't seem to sting as much. He started to feel more comfortable, almost able to entirely ignore the pain in his head. Listening to the kind words of the medicine cat made Acornpaw smile even more, even if it sounded too loud to him. He loved to think of how close we was to being a warrior and what he could achieve afterwards. "Thank you." He mumbled as the moss and seeds were placed in front of him. He shifted a bit to lift up his head up a bit.
"Oh, yeah, I, um, wanna be called, er, Acorn... c-claw, like my uncle." He excitedly flexed his claws into the nest under him. He leaned down to the seeds and sniffed them with a slightly strange look on his face.
"Acornclaw, eh?" Shinefang asked, whiskers twitching with friendly bemusement. He remembered when he was looking forward to his own warrior name. He had always been happy with Shinefang. It suited him. It was then he noticed the look on Acornpaw's face as he looked at the poppy seeds. "Something the matter," he asked. He'd never seen a cat look so hesitant about taking poppy seeds before. Perhaps he didn't hear me when I said what they were? "Those are poppy seeds. They'll help you rest."

Old November 10th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Foot Wallet

Quote:
"Acornclaw, eh?" Shinefang asked, whiskers twitching with friendly bemusement. He remembered when he was looking forward to his own warrior name. He had always been happy with Shinefang. It suited him. It was then he noticed the look on Acornpaw's face as he looked at the poppy seeds. "Something the matter," he asked. He'd never seen a cat look so hesitant about taking poppy seeds before. Perhaps he didn't hear me when I said what they were? "Those are poppy seeds. They'll help you rest."
"Yeah!" He smiled, sniffing the poppy seeds again. He couldn't seem to smell right at the moment but figured it would be much better when his head stopped hurting. "Oh, yeah, um, of course." He laughed a little awkwardly before eating the seeds. He'd seen poppy seeds before, his mother needed some when they were in the nursery, but for some reason, he couldn't recognize the seed as something common and okay to eat. He plopped his head down again onto the nest and closed his eyes with a sigh while waiting for sleep to come.

Old November 10th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Socks View Post

"Yeah!" He smiled, sniffing the poppy seeds again. He couldn't seem to smell right at the moment but figured it would be much better when his head stopped hurting. "Oh, yeah, um, of course." He laughed a little awkwardly before eating the seeds. He'd seen poppy seeds before, his mother needed some when they were in the nursery, but for some reason, he couldn't recognize the seed as something common and okay to eat. He plopped his head down again onto the nest and closed his eyes with a sigh while waiting for sleep to come.
The medicine cat watched the apprentice lap up the seeds. "I'd imagine you'll have some pain for the next few days while your wound is healing. You should rest tomorrow instead of training. But you should be just fine after that." Shinefang could have laughed at himself for being worried before. What cat hadn't bumped their head at least once? Maybe not quite that hard, but still.

Old November 14th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Foot Wallet

Quote:
The medicine cat watched the apprentice lap up the seeds. "I'd imagine you'll have some pain for the next few days while your wound is healing. You should rest tomorrow instead of training. But you should be just fine after that." Shinefang could have laughed at himself for being worried before. What cat hadn't bumped their head at least once? Maybe not quite that hard, but still.
Acronpaw cracked his eyes open once again, he smiled up at the cat in a sort of thank you, not thinking of actually just saying the words. He gave a small nod, stretching out his legs, twisting a bit in the nest, keeping his wound from really touching anything before closing his eyes again. He mumbled some incoherent words as he fell more into the world of sleep.

Last edited by Socks; November 14th, 2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Acronpaw cracked his eyes open once again, he smiled up at the cat in a sort of thank you, not thinking of actually just saying the words. He gave a small nod, stretching out his legs, twisting a bit in the nest, keeping his wound from really touching anything before closing his eyes again. He mumbled some incoherent words as he fell more into the world of sleep.
Shinefang saw the younger cat nod off, looking peaceful now that he was resting. Now bad for a medicine cat with no formal training, he said to himself. He reached up with his back leg and gave his neck a good scratch while he stretched his jaws in a wide yawn. Now that his patient was asleep, he figured he may as well get some shut eye himself. He padded quietly to the back of the medicine den and curled up in his mossy nest, ready to fall back into the sleep he'd been having just before Acornpaw had showed up. He was just thinking that tomorrow he ought to see if there'd be any birds on the freshkill pile so he could get some feathers for his nest when he drifted off to sleep.

Old November 17th, 2017, 06:45 PM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

@Charmer

Purekit let out a whimper as she staggered into the shadow the the medicine cat den. Hopefully Shinefang isn't busy! Purekit's stomach felt like there were live mice trying to claw their way out. She supposed it was from the mouse she had eaten a while ago with Swanheart, her mother. Although, Swanheart didn't get sick... Purekit wondered what was wrong with her as she padded into his den. She always seemed to be the one getting sick. Tawnykit never got sick all the time like Shen did. And, it always seemed to be after she ate. As the small kit blinked to adjust her gaze, another roll of pain swept through her belly. Stifling a whimper, she called out hesitantly. "Shinefang?"

Purekit's bright, crystal blue gaze was glazed over with pain and her form was slightly hunched. As she stepped in farther she wondered where he was. Was the SkyClan medicine cat is his den? Purekit didn't often come to his den, so many of the scents were unfamiliar and burned her throats if she breathed in too deeply. It wasn't that she didn't like it in the den, but she wouldn't avoid coming in becuase it reminded her of stomach pain, sick cats, and the sharp scent of herbs. Flicking the tip of her white tail, the she-cat plopped down and licked down a piece of stuck-up fur on her chest, trying to distract herself. It worked as a pacifier, but never to contentment.

Last edited by Undercover; November 17th, 2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old November 17th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
@Charmer

Purekit let out a whimper as she staggered into the shadow the the medicine cat den. Hopefully Shinefang isn't busy! Purekit's stomach felt like there were live mice trying to claw their way out. She supposed it was from the mouse she had eaten a while ago with Swanheart, her mother. Although, Swanheart didn't get sick... Purekit wondered what was wrong with her as she padded into his den. She always seemed to be the one getting sick. Tawnykit never got sick all the time like Shen did. And, it always seemed to be after she ate. As the small kit blinked to adjust her gaze, another roll of pain swept through her belly. Stifling a whimper, she called out hesitantly. "Shinefang?"

Purekit's bright, crystal blue gaze was glazed over with pain and her form was slightly hunched. As she stepped in farther she wondered where he was. Was the SkyClan medicine cat is his den? Purekit didn't often come to his den, so many of the scents were unfamiliar and burned her throats if she breathed in too deeply. It wasn't that she didn't like it in the den, but she wouldn't avoid coming in becuase it reminded her of stomach pain, sick cats, and the sharp scent of herbs. Flicking the tip of her white tail, the she-cat plopped down and licked down a piece of stuck-up fur on her chest, trying to distract herself. It worked as a pacifier, but never to contentment.
The medicine cat was curled up in his nest, exhausted from a hard day. There were cats in his den that were staying the night because of injuries and he'd been running around all day tending to this and that. He barely heard the tiny, whimpering voice of the little kit who had stumbled into his den. His ear gave an involuntary twitch, and he raised his head with a snort, "Huh? Wha?" the old cat glanced around his den, eyes bleary with sleep and unfocused before deciding he hadn't actually heard anything and lying his head back down. A second later, he was snoring loudly.

Old November 17th, 2017, 10:56 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
As the shecat was talking, Shinefang reached a paw forward, tugging the rabbit toward him slowly with his paw as he maintained eye contact with the shecat. He had already taken a large bite of the rabbit's juicy haunch by the time she asked her question about how he became medicine cat in the fist place. The old tom took his time chewing, letting the silence between them linger. At last, he swallowed and heaved a hearty sigh. "Oh that's good rabbit, he said, licking his chops. Have a bite? It's delicious but it's awfully big for just me. Ah! Dibs on the haunches," he added hastily. It was true that eating this by himself would be wasteful, but that wouldn't stop the old geezer from wanting the meatiest parts of the kill. He took another bite and shook his head. "I chose me," he meowed simply, licking his chops. "Skyclan needed a medicine cat after Ebonyfrost left, and as you might have guessed, I've spent more than my fair share of days and nights in a medicine den." He blinked his remaining eye at Auroraflame, as he brandished a gnarled grin. "I thought I'd be the best cat for the job, so I told Grousestar that, and he agreed. And that's the story of how yours truly became a medicine cat. I actually hoped someday I would be in your paws," he added, "But I suppose if hopes were freshkill we'd all get fat in leafbare. Do you enjoy being deputy?" he asked before grabbing hold of a mouthful of rabbit flesh, tearing at it greedily.
“No thank you. I ate earlier,” Auroraflame declined politely. She wasn’t hungry. Even though the tom probably wouldn’t be able to finish the rabbit, she didn’t want to waste it on a full belly. She’d much rather leave the den and find someone else to share the rabbit than to eat it herself. In leaf-fall especially, she did not like wasting prey. Prey always got scarcer in leaf-fall and anything that could be hunted was to be used wisely.
The inky deputy had to bite her lip from giving back a sarcastic retort. ‘Well that’s assuring’, she wanted to say. She wasn’t trying to be rude, and she didn’t want to say that specifically at Shinefang. She would’ve wanted to say those words at anyone who said that. ‘I chose me’, wasn’t quite the answer that she had been looking for, but it was the answer she had been given and there was nothing she could do about it. And now she had the reassurance that he had asked Grousestar for permission first, and if he approved of the idea, then that made things a little better. But who knew, Shinefang could make a fine medicine cat for all she knew. She just needed to have a little bit of faith in him. "I’m sure you’ll do great as the clans new medicine cat,” she said, not voicing her doubts aloud. Instead, she pushed her thoughts to the back of her mind and focused on staying positive. She had to have a little bit of faith. Everyone needed some faith and encouragement if they were going to succeed. Even if it wasn’t always completely genuine. She wasn’t doubting Shinefang’s abilities. Well actually, she kind of was. But she was really just unsure of whether he was right for the job if he’d picked himself. But then again, he’d said that he’d spent his fair share of days and night in the den. Her thoughts were conflicted and she wasn’t entirely sure of what to think about this situation.
“Oh yes. It’s an honour and a privilege. I mean, it can be a little overwhelming sometimes, but I enjoy it and I’m proud to be able to serve my clan like this,” Auroraflame replied, her icy hues quietly glowing with pride.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen