Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Falling Wishes and Sweeter...
by Tiabirb
Last post by hades.
Today 06:16 PM
ShadowClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Aquaria
Today 06:07 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Moonraven
Today 05:58 PM
Sparrowsong finder
by Maybi
Last post by Maybi
Today 05:40 PM
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 05:38 PM

Old February 2nd, 2017, 06:21 PM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees View Post
(I am so sorry I didn't see this here I forgot to check for new posts...)

Ebonypaw looked up abruptly at the sounds of cats entering the den. She recognized Grousestar, but the female, the one that appeared to be wounded, was unfamiliar in sight, and as she neared, in scent as well.
The she-cat could not quite make out a scent with the background herb-scent that filled the den, she had wondered many times by now if she would reach a place in time when her nostrils grew used to the scent of the many herbs and she would be able to make out the individual scent of the cats within the den.

As she approached, she couldn't immediately see anything wrong with the feline who had fallen, though their hiss and cry sounded pained. She turned her blue eyes up towards the leader for a moment before turning back to the unfamiliar she-cat with the strange scent, lowering herself partially, though the she-cat was a warrior and she was only nine moons, so she didn't have to bend much to become level with the edge of the flank of the cat. Ebonypaw scented her, more out of habit now, forgetting to ask if this cat was even from Skyclan or not.

But then again, she trusted Grousestar as a leader. He wouldn't bring a cat that he wouldn't want to be helped to the medicine den, right?
"What happened?" The tuxedo asked, eyes still trained the flank of the feline, unsure what exactly had happened or if the pain that this cat had was external or internal. Perhaps they could answer this for her, but simply asking what happened would also give some information, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
At the thanks from his new warrior he simply chuckled lightheartedly and nodded his head, falling quiet as they made their way to camp and very promptly made their way to the medicine cat's den where they would find Ebonypaw.
When they finally made it to the den and out of the bustle of the camp, it was clear the traveling that Scorchflake had done had taken a tole on her as she collapsed into the closest nest possible, allowing a hiss to escape herself, though he did worry, he knew that the she-cat would be in good paws with Ebonypaw.
Looking up from his friend to the young medicine cat in training, he would flash her a smile, an almost apologetic look, though there was no clear reason as to why he looked that way. Perhaps because of the suddenness of popping in? Who knows, though the look didn't stay too long as he watched the young cat approach the former Shadowclan warrior.

"Greetings Ebonypaw, I hope we're not intruding on any important tasks but she desperately needs her wounds looked at. Her name is Scorchflake and she is a new member of our clan, she can tell you the rest because she knows the extent of her wounds I believe and would be better suited to answering your questions. If you don't mind, I will be picking up some prey, would you like so?"
The leader asked the medicine cat politely with a tilted head, a look that always appeared so innocent as if he was an overgrown kit standing in the body of a leader, but nonetheless, the offer stood and he wouldn't move until he was answered.

After Ebonypaw gives her answer, whichever the case may be, he would respectfully dip his head and pad out of the den to retrieve the food, grabbing some for himself as well. He would return, not because he didn't trust the young medicine cat to do her job, but just wanting to make sure that Scorchflake wasn't in any sort of serious danger with her injuries, he didn't know the first thing about it or if they were infected or not and would most certainly like to stay informed on his friends situation.
The former ShadowClan warrior was cursing herself as she fell, calling herself weak and pathetic, but as she gazed at the two cats, they seemed only concerned for her, and thought nothing of her little tumble being a show of anything but injury. As the medicine cat asked what was wrong, she looked to Grousestar for an answer, and he gave a brief explanation. She knew she'd have to elaborate, so while he spoke she shifted slowly and sat up, wincing and closing her eyes tightly until the pain eased just enough for her to open them to focus on Ebonypaw. "During the liberation of... ShadowClan, I was attacked." Wrong, you attacked her. "The wounds I received weren't too concerning until the final blow..."
She had to stop, fighting down a sudden sob. Instead of it never happening, it came out choked and she bared her teeth, looking at her paws in shame. You're pathetic, Scorchflake! Weak and pathetic! It took her a moment to regain herself, and after she did she slowly looked up. "The final blow resulted in my shoulder being ripped apart." Her chest was affected too, but it was so closer to her shoulder she didn't bother pointing that out. Shifting the slightest bit, she fully exposed her wound to the medicine cat, revealing the dirty, ugly flesh. A part of it was bleeding after her fall, it was covered in dirt. The herbs from the last time she visited Kestrelberry long gone. It was repulsive, and she still refused to gaze out it.
The tan she-cat didn't believe it was that bad of an injury, despite the pain it caused. She couldn't see it, after all. But she knew it hadn't gotten any better since it was give to her. It probably got worse. "I... I haven't been treating myself very well..." she admitted this quietly, not too proud about this fact. But she really hadn't taken care of herself at all. This day, in fact, she hadn't eaten anything. The day before, she couldn't remember. Her visits to Kestrelberry were not as often as instructed and insisted upon by clanmates.
She was falling apart, that's the truth of it.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 07:41 PM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
At the thanks from his new warrior he simply chuckled lightheartedly and nodded his head, falling quiet as they made their way to camp and very promptly made their way to the medicine cat's den where they would find Ebonypaw.
When they finally made it to the den and out of the bustle of the camp, it was clear the traveling that Scorchflake had done had taken a tole on her as she collapsed into the closest nest possible, allowing a hiss to escape herself, though he did worry, he knew that the she-cat would be in good paws with Ebonypaw.
Looking up from his friend to the young medicine cat in training, he would flash her a smile, an almost apologetic look, though there was no clear reason as to why he looked that way. Perhaps because of the suddenness of popping in? Who knows, though the look didn't stay too long as he watched the young cat approach the former Shadowclan warrior.

"Greetings Ebonypaw, I hope we're not intruding on any important tasks but she desperately needs her wounds looked at. Her name is Scorchflake and she is a new member of our clan, she can tell you the rest because she knows the extent of her wounds I believe and would be better suited to answering your questions. If you don't mind, I will be picking up some prey, would you like so?"
The leader asked the medicine cat politely with a tilted head, a look that always appeared so innocent as if he was an overgrown kit standing in the body of a leader, but nonetheless, the offer stood and he wouldn't move until he was answered.

After Ebonypaw gives her answer, whichever the case may be, he would respectfully dip his head and pad out of the den to retrieve the food, grabbing some for himself as well. He would return, not because he didn't trust the young medicine cat to do her job, but just wanting to make sure that Scorchflake wasn't in any sort of serious danger with her injuries, he didn't know the first thing about it or if they were infected or not and would most certainly like to stay informed on his friends situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothlost! View Post

The former ShadowClan warrior was cursing herself as she fell, calling herself weak and pathetic, but as she gazed at the two cats, they seemed only concerned for her, and thought nothing of her little tumble being a show of anything but injury. As the medicine cat asked what was wrong, she looked to Grousestar for an answer, and he gave a brief explanation. She knew she'd have to elaborate, so while he spoke she shifted slowly and sat up, wincing and closing her eyes tightly until the pain eased just enough for her to open them to focus on Ebonypaw. "During the liberation of... ShadowClan, I was attacked." Wrong, you attacked her. "The wounds I received weren't too concerning until the final blow..."
She had to stop, fighting down a sudden sob. Instead of it never happening, it came out choked and she bared her teeth, looking at her paws in shame. You're pathetic, Scorchflake! Weak and pathetic! It took her a moment to regain herself, and after she did she slowly looked up. "The final blow resulted in my shoulder being ripped apart." Her chest was affected too, but it was so closer to her shoulder she didn't bother pointing that out. Shifting the slightest bit, she fully exposed her wound to the medicine cat, revealing the dirty, ugly flesh. A part of it was bleeding after her fall, it was covered in dirt. The herbs from the last time she visited Kestrelberry long gone. It was repulsive, and she still refused to gaze out it.
The tan she-cat didn't believe it was that bad of an injury, despite the pain it caused. She couldn't see it, after all. But she knew it hadn't gotten any better since it was give to her. It probably got worse. "I... I haven't been treating myself very well..." she admitted this quietly, not too proud about this fact. But she really hadn't taken care of herself at all. This day, in fact, she hadn't eaten anything. The day before, she couldn't remember. Her visits to Kestrelberry were not as often as instructed and insisted upon by clanmates.
She was falling apart, that's the truth of it.
"Thank you, but no." She mewed, dipping her head to the leader. He was very kind, but she wasn't hungry.

Ebonypaw was slightly taken aback by the reaction to explaining how she had come to be injured that Scorchflake had given, and glanced sideways at the leader for a moment, unsure of exactly what to do with the fact that the she-cat had choked out a sob. Why anybody did anything was often a mystery to her, and having never fought in anything besides the moon of warrior training she had received she knew nothing of why this may be difficult for the tan feline before her.

She was even less expecting to suddenly understand the pain that Scorchflake seemed to be experiencing. The raw flesh of the wound looked as though it would be very painful. She ran through a mental list of what she knew and what she could use, trying to find something that could maybe be used to help the wound.
She remembered from her first meeting with the ancient Starclan medicine cat who was training her that Marigold could be used to stop infection and that Dock could soothe, but honestly it seemed like a good idea to probably clean up the tattered skin before she applied anything to it. Dirt would probably not aid Scorchflake's healing. Anything could be in it.

The young feline hesitated momentarily, unsure of whether to use her tongue or to find some moss and soak it. Moss generally seemed like a better option since her tongue was rough as well as the fact that drawing her tongue along the wound could also cause it to hurt more. The moss she could pay the wound with, not that that would be painless...
She would use the moss though. Dragging her tongue along the wound could irritate it further.
"I'm going to go soak some moss." She mewed, so that she didn't just run off. That would appear a bit strange.

With this said, she found a clean ball of moss and went off, soaked it and brought it back, setting it between her pale paws.
"I need to clean it, so this may hurt." She told the new Skyclan warrior. She had never really sugar-coated anything. She found no reason to, and so she simply told her that this would.
At least if Scorchflake knew that it may hurt more than she could prepare somehow for the pain. Honestly though, Ebonypaw didn't know how much it would pain the she-cat or if it would hurt her at all.

Last edited by Brooklyn Trees; February 2nd, 2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old February 9th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Word Nerd~

@toothlost!

Last edited by Brooklyn Trees; February 9th, 2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old February 9th, 2017, 04:33 PM
help i'm lost

Quote:
"Thank you, but no." She mewed, dipping her head to the leader. He was very kind, but she wasn't hungry.

Ebonypaw was slightly taken aback by the reaction to explaining how she had come to be injured that Scorchflake had given, and glanced sideways at the leader for a moment, unsure of exactly what to do with the fact that the she-cat had choked out a sob. Why anybody did anything was often a mystery to her, and having never fought in anything besides the moon of warrior training she had received she knew nothing of why this may be difficult for the tan feline before her.

She was even less expecting to suddenly understand the pain that Scorchflake seemed to be experiencing. The raw flesh of the wound looked as though it would be very painful. She ran through a mental list of what she knew and what she could use, trying to find something that could maybe be used to help the wound.
She remembered from her first meeting with the ancient Starclan medicine cat who was training her that Marigold could be used to stop infection and that Dock could soothe, but honestly it seemed like a good idea to probably clean up the tattered skin before she applied anything to it. Dirt would probably not aid Scorchflake's healing. Anything could be in it.

The young feline hesitated momentarily, unsure of whether to use her tongue or to find some moss and soak it. Moss generally seemed like a better option since her tongue was rough as well as the fact that drawing her tongue along the wound could also cause it to hurt more. The moss she could pay the wound with, not that that would be painless...
She would use the moss though. Dragging her tongue along the wound could irritate it further.
"I'm going to go soak some moss." She mewed, so that she didn't just run off. That would appear a bit strange.

With this said, she found a clean ball of moss and went off, soaked it and brought it back, setting it between her pale paws.
"I need to clean it, so this may hurt." She told the new Skyclan warrior. She had never really sugar-coated anything. She found no reason to, and so she simply told her that this would.
At least if Scorchflake knew that it may hurt more than she could prepare somehow for the pain. Honestly though, Ebonypaw didn't know how much it would pain the she-cat or if it would hurt her at all.
(Sorry, I thought Dusk was replying next! ^^")
At some point the warrior had zone out, not registering the departure of the medicine cat, and only snapping back to attention when she returned with soaked moss. It was a bit strange listening to the younger cat explain her actions, but she assume it was her ways of learning, she had no medicine cat name, after all. She had the rank of one, but her training was not complete, as evident in her name.
"Just get it over with," Scorchflake muttered, staring forward. At some point Grousestar vanished, and she looked around for a moment, her eyes growing frantic as she realized she was alone with a cat she didn't know. Didn't trust. What if Ebonypaw was a secret follower of Blazingnight, coming back for revenge? The tan cat's breathing grew heavier at some point, and she dug her claws into the ground, staring forward and trying to stop her wild thoughts. Grousestar was gone, she was in danger.
Stop that! Ebonypaw is trying to only heal you! Even this thought didn't calm her, and she felt her muscles moving to send her flying and out of the den, but when she glanced at the other cat she froze and found herself relaxing. Ebonypaw was a healer, and Scorchflake would be safe under her care, at least, that's what Grousestar had hinted at. Scorchflake would be okay.
"Sorry," she whispered softly, bowing her head shamefully, "I just... Things have been rough." She didn't make any promise that her panic wouldn't happen again. She didn't explain why it happened. It wasn't something she liked discussing. The former ShadowClan warrior could only rely on Ebonypaw taking the hint she didn't want to talk. She wanted to pretend it didn't happen, so that her life could still seem normal, even though it wasn't. it was far from normal. If she wanted normality she would have to talk, but she didn't want to.
Old February 9th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Word Nerd~

Quote:

(Sorry, I thought Dusk was replying next! ^^")
At some point the warrior had zone out, not registering the departure of the medicine cat, and only snapping back to attention when she returned with soaked moss. It was a bit strange listening to the younger cat explain her actions, but she assume it was her ways of learning, she had no medicine cat name, after all. She had the rank of one, but her training was not complete, as evident in her name.
"Just get it over with," Scorchflake muttered, staring forward. At some point Grousestar vanished, and she looked around for a moment, her eyes growing frantic as she realized she was alone with a cat she didn't know. Didn't trust. What if Ebonypaw was a secret follower of Blazingnight, coming back for revenge? The tan cat's breathing grew heavier at some point, and she dug her claws into the ground, staring forward and trying to stop her wild thoughts. Grousestar was gone, she was in danger.
Stop that! Ebonypaw is trying to only heal you! Even this thought didn't calm her, and she felt her muscles moving to send her flying and out of the den, but when she glanced at the other cat she froze and found herself relaxing. Ebonypaw was a healer, and Scorchflake would be safe under her care, at least, that's what Grousestar had hinted at. Scorchflake would be okay.
"Sorry," she whispered softly, bowing her head shamefully, "I just... Things have been rough." She didn't make any promise that her panic wouldn't happen again. She didn't explain why it happened. It wasn't something she liked discussing. The former ShadowClan warrior could only rely on Ebonypaw taking the hint she didn't want to talk. She wanted to pretend it didn't happen, so that her life could still seem normal, even though it wasn't. it was far from normal. If she wanted normality she would have to talk, but she didn't want to.
(Oh, sorry! I thought that Duskflight had notified you that they were a bit busy and would have Grousestar be off getting prey or something for a bit.)

Ebonypaw raised blinked, confused as to the sudden behavior that the older she-cat was exhibiting. Her first thought was that the she-cat was preparing for the wound to be cleaned in some sort of way, though she honestly had no clue.
She remained standing there, long tail sweeping the ground as she watched the reaction of Scorchflake to whatever it was she was reacting to.
This had just become a sort of habit for the young feline, to watch and to listen to other cats because she didn't understand their behavior.

Sorry? She thought, as the she-cat began to sort of explain what she had been doing or what she had been reacting to, though her overall one sentence explanation didn't make much sense to Ebonypaw as she stood there with dripping moss soaking into her pale paws and turning them darker and damp.
Okay then...
The tuxedo bent and retrieved her wet moss, padding a few steps forwards and dabbingit lightly at the wound on Scorchflake's shoulder, drawing some of the dirt and debris to be picked up with the fibers of the moss.

Once the wound looked fairly clean she took a step backwards and placed the moss on the ground beside her, looking at the wound and remembering some of the things that she had been told when she first met the spirit Aconiteheart. The simpler herbs, ones that could be used with this.
Marigold, she remembered the herb that she had been told about. She could use the Marigold as a poultice on her shoulder and bind it on with cobwebs.
The small feline looked at the older she-cat again, returning from her contemplations to the real world and turning to retrieve Marigold and cobwebs from the herb store.
Old February 11th, 2017, 05:36 PM
help i'm lost

Quote:
(Oh, sorry! I thought that Duskflight had notified you that they were a bit busy and would have Grousestar be off getting prey or something for a bit.)

Ebonypaw raised blinked, confused as to the sudden behavior that the older she-cat was exhibiting. Her first thought was that the she-cat was preparing for the wound to be cleaned in some sort of way, though she honestly had no clue.
She remained standing there, long tail sweeping the ground as she watched the reaction of Scorchflake to whatever it was she was reacting to.
This had just become a sort of habit for the young feline, to watch and to listen to other cats because she didn't understand their behavior.

Sorry? She thought, as the she-cat began to sort of explain what she had been doing or what she had been reacting to, though her overall one sentence explanation didn't make much sense to Ebonypaw as she stood there with dripping moss soaking into her pale paws and turning them darker and damp.
Okay then...
The tuxedo bent and retrieved her wet moss, padding a few steps forwards and dabbingit lightly at the wound on Scorchflake's shoulder, drawing some of the dirt and debris to be picked up with the fibers of the moss.

Once the wound looked fairly clean she took a step backwards and placed the moss on the ground beside her, looking at the wound and remembering some of the things that she had been told when she first met the spirit Aconiteheart. The simpler herbs, ones that could be used with this.
Marigold, she remembered the herb that she had been told about. She could use the Marigold as a poultice on her shoulder and bind it on with cobwebs.
The small feline looked at the older she-cat again, returning from her contemplations to the real world and turning to retrieve Marigold and cobwebs from the herb store.
Scorchflake didn't wince as the moss was dabbed at her shoulder. She sat there and let the medicine cat cleanse her wound of the dirt it had collected, only wincing after she was nearly complete and the touching was starting to irritate it. Her eyes shot around the den in search for Grousestar again, but he had yet to return. So she dug her claws into the ground and watched her claws, waiting for Ebonypaw to finish tending to her wound. It would take a while for her to be done, and she might want to check the other small wounds scattered about her body, though she hoped not. It was bad enough to had to look after her shoulder, she didn't want to worry about cobwebs and herbs falling off of her entire body. It was an annoyance that she felt wasn't worth it.
Perhaps she should tell Ebonypaw to stop tending to her shoulder, let it get infected. Let her die of whatever disease it collects. That would make her life easier. It'd be over, after all. But then she thought of her son, Briarpaw. Grousestar, the leader who happily welcomed her into his clan. Finchfeather would be devastated, despite their separation. Mountainpeak would be, too. There were few cats who would miss her, but those few made it worth the fight to survive. Granted, her efforts into the fight were small.
Old February 11th, 2017, 06:33 PM
Word Nerd~

Quote:

Scorchflake didn't wince as the moss was dabbed at her shoulder. She sat there and let the medicine cat cleanse her wound of the dirt it had collected, only wincing after she was nearly complete and the touching was starting to irritate it. Her eyes shot around the den in search for Grousestar again, but he had yet to return. So she dug her claws into the ground and watched her claws, waiting for Ebonypaw to finish tending to her wound. It would take a while for her to be done, and she might want to check the other small wounds scattered about her body, though she hoped not. It was bad enough to had to look after her shoulder, she didn't want to worry about cobwebs and herbs falling off of her entire body. It was an annoyance that she felt wasn't worth it.
Perhaps she should tell Ebonypaw to stop tending to her shoulder, let it get infected. Let her die of whatever disease it collects. That would make her life easier. It'd be over, after all. But then she thought of her son, Briarpaw. Grousestar, the leader who happily welcomed her into his clan. Finchfeather would be devastated, despite their separation. Mountainpeak would be, too. There were few cats who would miss her, but those few made it worth the fight to survive. Granted, her efforts into the fight were small.
Ebonypaw let the sticky strands of the webs hook into her fur and sank her claws into it, carefully removing the cobwebs and then returning to retrieve the Marigold.
With leaves in maw and webs attached to one forepaw she made her way awkwardly on three legs back over to the nest which held the warrior, arriving and slipping down into a sitting position, watching Scorchflake as she began to chew the herb into a pulp to put on the wound.

Ebonypaw watched the she-cat in an attempt to read what she was feeling, what she was feeling. But as usual, the tuxedo cat was unsuccessful with this.
She continued to chew on the Marigold to make a poultice, finding it still unusual to chew something that she had no intention of swallowing.
It tasted unusual too.

Once she had finished crushing the pungent herb between her teeth, she took a few paw steps forwards and spat the poultice unto the wound, placing her paws above it and attempting to flatten the sticky tendrils into the older she-cat's fur to make it stay there and not come away with her paw again.
As she did this, her eyes fell upon a small cut and she drew away from Scorchflake, eyes fastened to the small split in the skin.
Old February 18th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Word Nerd~

@toothlost!
Old February 19th, 2017, 08:14 AM
help i'm lost

Quote:
Ebonypaw let the sticky strands of the webs hook into her fur and sank her claws into it, carefully removing the cobwebs and then returning to retrieve the Marigold.
With leaves in maw and webs attached to one forepaw she made her way awkwardly on three legs back over to the nest which held the warrior, arriving and slipping down into a sitting position, watching Scorchflake as she began to chew the herb into a pulp to put on the wound.

Ebonypaw watched the she-cat in an attempt to read what she was feeling, what she was feeling. But as usual, the tuxedo cat was unsuccessful with this.
She continued to chew on the Marigold to make a poultice, finding it still unusual to chew something that she had no intention of swallowing.
It tasted unusual too.

Once she had finished crushing the pungent herb between her teeth, she took a few paw steps forwards and spat the poultice unto the wound, placing her paws above it and attempting to flatten the sticky tendrils into the older she-cat's fur to make it stay there and not come away with her paw again.
As she did this, her eyes fell upon a small cut and she drew away from Scorchflake, eyes fastened to the small split in the skin.
Scorchflake at some point had zoned out when Ebonypaw went to get the cobwebs and marigold. She was simply staring forward now, waiting for the treatment to be over so she could flee and possibly find Grousestar. It bothered her that he disappeared. He was the only one she really trusted right now, though Ebonypaw wasn't too bad either, and Scorchflake felt she could trust the young medicine cat. Her thoughts had taken her so far from reality she hadn't felt the sting of herbs being applied to her wound, so she was still as the tuxedo cat worked. When she felt the eyes of the other cat on her for an extended time she finally snapped out of her varied thoughts and turned her gaze to see what was being gazed upon. It was one of the many other wounds she had scattered across her body.
"Oh, that was treated by Kestrelberry once. He said after the initial treatment to let it heal on its own..." She drew off, considering he also said she had to rest and make sure the wounds were kept clean. She hadn't done that, so the wounds might have needed more treatment. She couldn't tell, as she didn't have the wisdom of a medicine cat. "But I didn't follow his orders, so it might not have healed like expected yet..."
She was ashamed, really, but she knew she would do it again and again. It was more than she deserved. She should be dead, Blazingnight should have killed her. Somehow this didn't happen, and her- no, they weren't best friends. They hadn't been friends since apprenticeship. What did that make Blazingnight to her? It was more than a leader. The two always shared a bond no other cat had. It was as if Blazingnight owned her.
Scorchflake didn't like the thought of being owned.
Old February 19th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Word Nerd~

Quote:

Scorchflake at some point had zoned out when Ebonypaw went to get the cobwebs and marigold. She was simply staring forward now, waiting for the treatment to be over so she could flee and possibly find Grousestar. It bothered her that he disappeared. He was the only one she really trusted right now, though Ebonypaw wasn't too bad either, and Scorchflake felt she could trust the young medicine cat. Her thoughts had taken her so far from reality she hadn't felt the sting of herbs being applied to her wound, so she was still as the tuxedo cat worked. When she felt the eyes of the other cat on her for an extended time she finally snapped out of her varied thoughts and turned her gaze to see what was being gazed upon. It was one of the many other wounds she had scattered across her body.
"Oh, that was treated by Kestrelberry once. He said after the initial treatment to let it heal on its own..." She drew off, considering he also said she had to rest and make sure the wounds were kept clean. She hadn't done that, so the wounds might have needed more treatment. She couldn't tell, as she didn't have the wisdom of a medicine cat. "But I didn't follow his orders, so it might not have healed like expected yet..."
She was ashamed, really, but she knew she would do it again and again. It was more than she deserved. She should be dead, Blazingnight should have killed her. Somehow this didn't happen, and her- no, they weren't best friends. They hadn't been friends since apprenticeship. What did that make Blazingnight to her? It was more than a leader. The two always shared a bond no other cat had. It was as if Blazingnight owned her.
Scorchflake didn't like the thought of being owned.
Ebonypaw stared at the cut for a long moment, snapping away from it as the older she-cat spoke again, drawing her eyes away from the cut and back up to Scorchflake's eyes.
She was unsure of whether or not it had healed as expected, looking back at it, but retreating it could at least prevent the possibility of future infection if it turned out not to have healed.
She had no idea how long ago the wound had been acquired or how long ago it had been treated, and even then she couldn't yet tell the level of healing that had occurred.

"I'm going to retreat it." She said, before looking back up from the scratch.
"Is that the only scratch?" She asked. It seemed somewhat unlikely what with the fact that she had had such a bad wound on her shoulder, though it was still possible, and since this she-cat still seemed somewhat guarded it appeared unlikely that she would tell her on her own of any additional injuries.
Regardless of how many wounds were still on her body, she would probably just end up using more Marigold anyways.
Or burdock, though that wouldn't stop infection, just help with stinging, which she wasn't even sure that the cuts were causing.