Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by rubberRatroom
Yesterday 11:46 PM
Desert Rain Frog's Art...
Yesterday 11:43 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Yesterday 11:32 PM
..••°°forest's chaotic art...
by forest
Yesterday 10:48 PM
✩Dreamspirit Finder✩
Last post by Starphobia
Yesterday 10:37 PM

Old March 9th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomegranate View Post

Ringpaw poked her head around a corner, smiling. Scraps of herbs clung to her pelt, mint tucked between clumps of fur. Organizing was always fun to her, but it was always a chore afterwards to de-clutter her pelt. “Hi!” she observed the young tom. He was obviously younger than her, but she couldn’t help but notice that she was smaller than him. Crossly, to herself, she pouted. She had always imagined herself being... taller. But plastering a smile on, she strode over cheerfully. “How’re you?” She meowed, crouching to stretch as she awaited a response. After stretching out, she shook out her paws one by one, and sat down in front of the apprentice.
@Lilyfur2

Shinefang looked up for From where he was sorting the thyme leaves, many of which were dried out and useless after a long leafbare. Ringpaw had been working on the mint, and together they were trying to get the medicine den back into some semblance of shape. When he heard the apprentice walking in and heard him call for them. His voice sounded... off. As the old tom ambled closer, and saw the younger cat holding his mouth slightly open, he saw why at once. "Are those... are those splinters on your tongue?" Now the old medicine cat had truly seen everything. "How...why..." Rather than finishing any of his thoughts, Shinefang just shook his head and walked back to his herbs. He reached for one of the lowest rock shelves, grabbed a thin, brown root, dark orange at the end, and tossed it in Ringpaw and the other apprentice's direction. "Take care of this and have him chew a piece of that burdock into a paste and hold it on his tongue for at least as long as it takes to walk around the camp once. Or until he learns some sense. Whichever comes first. It will sting, but maybe next time he'll think." With that, the old grouch bent his head back to his herbs, careful pushing the oldest leaves into piles to discard.

Old March 9th, 2019, 08:36 PM
FORMERLY: dizzy

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@Charmer @pomegranate
--

Timberpaw walked into the den, sniffing the strong smell of herbs. Blinking at the slight sting of the cut on the bottom of his paw. The brown somali looked around the medicine cat den. 'I wonder what it's like to be a medicine cat!' The young tom thought with a smile. "Ringpaw? Shinefang?" He called out with curiosity and slight joy in his voice.
Shifting to sit down, he looked at the multiple herbs about the den.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days

Last edited by furrensic; March 9th, 2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old March 10th, 2019, 02:26 PM
Sigh...

A small voice broke Shinefang's concentration as he continued with his herb sorting. He glanced up to see a tom, an apprentice by the look of his size, had made his way into the den and was waiting to be seen. The tom's tail was so fluffy, the old medicine cat blinked and half expected it to scurry off, a squirrel that had fallen asleep on the young cat's rear end somehow. With a small sigh, he set the pile of tiny leaves aside and shuffled to the apprentice. "Tigerpaw, right? What's the problem?" he droned, fairly certain that it had something to do with the paw the younger cat was favoring.
@pomegranate

Old March 10th, 2019, 03:11 PM

@Charmer
@pomegranate
--

Timberpaws ears perked up as he saw Shinefang shuffle towards him. The brown tom shook his head lightly . "Oh,uh, Timberpaw actually." He meowed. The apprentice held out his paw, showing the cut on the bottom of it. "I got a cut while playing." He told,.

Last edited by furrensic; March 11th, 2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old March 10th, 2019, 08:15 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Quote:

Ringpaw poked her head around a corner, smiling. Scraps of herbs clung to her pelt, mint tucked between clumps of fur. Organizing was always fun to her, but it was always a chore afterwards to de-clutter her pelt. “Hi!” she observed the young tom. He was obviously younger than her, but she couldn’t help but notice that she was smaller than him. Crossly, to herself, she pouted. She had always imagined herself being... taller. But plastering a smile on, she strode over cheerfully. “How’re you?” She meowed, crouching to stretch as she awaited a response. After stretching out, she shook out her paws one by one, and sat down in front of the apprentice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Lilyfur2

Shinefang looked up for From where he was sorting the thyme leaves, many of which were dried out and useless after a long leafbare. Ringpaw had been working on the mint, and together they were trying to get the medicine den back into some semblance of shape. When he heard the apprentice walking in and heard him call for them. His voice sounded... off. As the old tom ambled closer, and saw the younger cat holding his mouth slightly open, he saw why at once. "Are those... are those splinters on your tongue?" Now the old medicine cat had truly seen everything. "How...why..." Rather than finishing any of his thoughts, Shinefang just shook his head and walked back to his herbs. He reached for one of the lowest rock shelves, grabbed a thin, brown root, dark orange at the end, and tossed it in Ringpaw and the other apprentice's direction. "Take care of this and have him chew a piece of that burdock into a paste and hold it on his tongue for at least as long as it takes to walk around the camp once. Or until he learns some sense. Whichever comes first. It will sting, but maybe next time he'll think." With that, the old grouch bent his head back to his herbs, careful pushing the oldest leaves into piles to discard.
@pomegranate
@Charmer
Eaglepaw looked down at a cat. She looked pretty happy. A few moons younger, maybe? Maybe He could talk to her! He sat up and smiled. "Hello! I'm good, a couple of splinters in the tongue" He mewed. He listened to the apprentice, and observed his surroundings. An older tom was in the corner. I think that's Shinefang...? He wondered to himself. He glanced at what the cat was holding. A root of some sort? It didn't smell too good. He shuddered at the bitter smell. He looked back at Ringpaw. " What's that? " He asked the apprentice. He had never been in the medicine den before, and he was slightly embarrassed to ask, but it was a good way to learn.

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3
Old March 17th, 2019, 01:27 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyfur2 View Post
@pomegranate
@Charmer
Eaglepaw looked down at a cat. She looked pretty happy. A few moons younger, maybe? Maybe He could talk to her! He sat up and smiled. "Hello! I'm good, a couple of splinters in the tongue" He mewed. He listened to the apprentice, and observed his surroundings. An older tom was in the corner. I think that's Shinefang...? He wondered to himself. He glanced at what the cat was holding. A root of some sort? It didn't smell too good. He shuddered at the bitter smell. He looked back at Ringpaw. " What's that? " He asked the apprentice. He had never been in the medicine den before, and he was slightly embarrassed to ask, but it was a good way to learn.
As the old curmudgeon worked on his piles, he snuck sidelong glances at the two apprentices, he shredded ears perked to watch how she handled care of this patient. She had become well-versed in the medicine cat ways over the moons, and he was giving her more room to work independently where he could.

Old March 17th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post
@Charmer
@pomegranate
--

Timberpaws ears perked up as he saw Shinefang shuffle towards him. The brown tom shook his head lightly . "Oh,uh, Timberpaw actually." He meowed. The apprentice held out his paw, showing the cut on the bottom of it. "I got a cut while playing." He told,.
@pomegranate

The old tom, tilted his head in such a way that he could look directly at the young tom with his remaining eye, his mouth moving silently over the syllable before recognition set in. "Oh Timberpaw. Yes, right. Cut paw, eh. Let me have a look then." The old tom shambled over and held out his own paw, white at the end of his faded, yellow coat, to inspect apprentices paw." The medicine cat stared sharply, his orange eye squinting in the dim light of the den. "Yeah you got it good alright. How much is it hurting you now?" After the tom answered, Shinefang invited Ringpaw to have a look with a wave of his tail. By now, it was routine to have any treatment the two of them did begin with her giving an evaluation, and suggesting treatment and herbs to use. He would then make any corrections or suggestions. It gave her the chance to practice using the knowledge she had gathered, which was helping her develop the practical skills of the medicine cat. "Well, Ringpaw..." he said simply, prompting her.

Old March 17th, 2019, 06:18 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
@pomegranate

The old tom, tilted his head in such a way that he could look directly at the young tom with his remaining eye, his mouth moving silently over the syllable before recognition set in. "Oh Timberpaw. Yes, right. Cut paw, eh. Let me have a look then." The old tom shambled over and held out his own paw, white at the end of his faded, yellow coat, to inspect apprentices paw." The medicine cat stared sharply, his orange eye squinting in the dim light of the den. "Yeah you got it good alright. How much is it hurting you now?" After the tom answered, Shinefang invited Ringpaw to have a look with a wave of his tail. By now, it was routine to have any treatment the two of them did begin with her giving an evaluation, and suggesting treatment and herbs to use. He would then make any corrections or suggestions. It gave her the chance to practice using the knowledge she had gathered, which was helping her develop the practical skills of the medicine cat. "Well, Ringpaw..." he said simply, prompting her.
Padding forward, the calico dipped her head in greeting to the two toms. Her fur was freshly groomed from this morning, sleek and tamed down which was unusual for the sparkly apprentice. She peered over Shinefang’s shoulder at the cut on the apprentice’s paw. Ringpaw tilted her head, bending forward to examine his paw. It was a rather small cut, but it was still bleeding. She noticed that there was some grit stuck in the cut, probably from Timberpaw walking to the medicine den, so she looked up. “This might sting, but I’m going to clean it out. You got some nasty dirt in that scratch,” She mused, giving a gentle smile. “Should I go get some Marigold?” She inquired, supporting, Timberpaw’s paw on her own. She looked up at Shinefang awaiting a response. Marigold was for infections, that was about all she needed she decided.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Last edited by pomegranate; March 17th, 2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old March 17th, 2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
@pomegranate

"It doesn't hurt that bad, it just stings a bit."' Timberpaw meowed casually, the brown toms eyes flickered over the den. His ears perked up at Ringpaw. A hum emitted from his throat, glancing at Ringpaw. Looking at the molly as she walked over, inspecting his paw. "Guess I should've been more careful about keeping it clean." He meowed with a small, nervous smile.
@pomegranate

Last edited by furrensic; March 17th, 2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 10:04 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Padding forward, the calico dipped her head in greeting to the two toms. Her fur was freshly groomed from this morning, sleek and tamed down which was unusual for the sparkly apprentice. She peered over Shinefang’s shoulder at the cut on the apprentice’s paw. Ringpaw tilted her head, bending forward to examine his paw. It was a rather small cut, but it was still bleeding. She noticed that there was some grit stuck in the cut, probably from Timberpaw walking to the medicine den, so she looked up. “This might sting, but I’m going to clean it out. You got some nasty dirt in that scratch,” She mused, giving a gentle smile. “Should I go get some Marigold?” She inquired, supporting, Timberpaw’s paw on her own. She looked up at Shinefang awaiting a response. Marigold was for infections, that was about all she needed she decided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post

"It doesn't hurt that bad, it just stings a bit."' Timberpaw meowed casually, the brown toms eyes flickered over the den. His ears perked up at Ringpaw. A hum emitted from his throat, glancing at Ringpaw. Looking at the molly as she walked over, inspecting his paw. "Guess I should've been more careful about keeping it clean." He meowed with a small, nervous smile.
@pomegranate
Shinefang watched as the shecat inspected the warrior apprentice's paw as he gave his answer. Right away, she chose a good course of treatment. "Yes. Marigold should stave off infection nicely. And we should have a couple of leaves left. Careful not to waste any. Marigold doesn't bloom till green leaf. Horsetail will be easier to come by soon with the newleaf rain since it likes wet, marshy earth. You might have also used dock on his pad if he was complaining more pain." The old tom looked at Timberpaw and smiled a ragged grimace of a smile, "but he's a tough one, so you can go without if he's ok with that. How about you clean the wound while I get you that herb?" Without waiting for a response, the old tom turned turn to his herb stores and let his apprentice get to work with cleaning the wound.