Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 12:21 PM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by hermeswind
Today 12:14 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 12:13 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:12 PM

Old April 17th, 2024, 09:48 PM

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Teams n' Trainin' n' Teachin'

Irisfrost

A couple more cats joined, and then Wisteriaheart paired them each with an apprentice. Irisfrost found Summerpaw and greeted him with a flick of her tail. "Come with me," she told him curtly before padding out of camp.

They headed to the river, Irisfrost not bothering to make small talk. Her responsibility was to train Summerpaw, not to become friends with him. When they arrived, Irisfrost sat on the bank before speaking. "When you fish, your shadow must face away from the water. Then wait for a fish to pass. When one does, grab it like this." She demonstrated, plunging a paw with unsheathed claws into the water. Making a grabbing motion, she pulled it out. "Make sure you have a good hold on the fish, otherwise it might escape before you can pull it out."

Cynical green eyes peered at Summerpaw. "Any questions?"

@SeonghwasBunnyEars
Old April 18th, 2024, 06:15 AM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycatburmise View Post
Irisfrost

A couple more cats joined, and then Wisteriaheart paired them each with an apprentice. Irisfrost found Summerpaw and greeted him with a flick of her tail. "Come with me," she told him curtly before padding out of camp.

They headed to the river, Irisfrost not bothering to make small talk. Her responsibility was to train Summerpaw, not to become friends with him. When they arrived, Irisfrost sat on the bank before speaking. "When you fish, your shadow must face away from the water. Then wait for a fish to pass. When one does, grab it like this." She demonstrated, plunging a paw with unsheathed claws into the water. Making a grabbing motion, she pulled it out. "Make sure you have a good hold on the fish, otherwise it might escape before you can pull it out."

Cynical green eyes peered at Summerpaw. "Any questions?"

@SeonghwasBunnyEars
Summerpaw gave a gentle sniff. "Uhm... my mentor Minnowsplash told me that... sense I have a bright orange pelt.. that I should face towards the sun so my shadow falls behind me and the sun reflects on my pelt.... she said it would disguise me better...." Summerpaw said carefully, not trying to contradict the she-cat, just trying to inform her that Summerpaw's tried it all, his bright orange pelt was just to heavy and to bright. "Like this" He mewed, he positioned himself carefully, making sure his side shadow didn't fall over the water, Summerpaw locked onto a fish and twitched his whiskers. Swooping into the water with his paw he attempted to snatch out the fish, he grabbed it with his forepaws, his hind paws dinging into the soil with a panicked grumble, Summerpaw leaned forward and bit the fishes tail, he threw it behind him and tumbled backwards so he didn't fall into the water. Landing on his back the clumsy Tom flipped over like a kit and grabbed his prey, biting it and snapping it's spine. "That....... was not how she taught me to do it" Summerpaw mewed in embarssment

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old April 18th, 2024, 06:38 AM
Saki means hope &lt;3

Status: Whenever I sit in my bed, the giant bear I got when I was six stares me down
Bump Policy: 24h
My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Tulippaw bounced as she scrambled to Treeheart. Despite little training from Beanfloat, she was excited to be taught by Treeheart for this event. She hadn’t the first idea on how to water hunt or fish, but it couldn’t be that hard. She was a pure bred RiverClan cat, so fishing should come naturally. Plus it was what RiverClanners prided themselves on. If she was going to become that warrior that she used to daydream about as a kit, she would have to learn fishing.

“Treeheart! Can you teach me to fish? I don’t have any clue, but I’m a pretty fast learner. I should be good with some practice.” The calico meowed eagerly. There was nothing to practice fishing with back in the RiverClan camp, so Tulippaw had only ever really practiced land hunting with mossballs and all the tiny bugs she used to chase around when she was bored.

Those were much simpler times for her. And she longed for them. But there was no changing the past. So, she would just have to move forward.

. . .

@Saki - Treeheart

Treeheart smiled and waved his tail toward his "apprentice".

"Okay, follow me"Treeheart chirped and lead the apprentice to a small body of water and crouched, showing her the hunting position. ``alright, all you gotta do is wait for one of these fishies- make sure your real silent and still and don't have a shadow over the water. Then you just gotta hook your claw into it real fast and take it out the water. If it's not already dead, you can kill it with a quick bite to the throat.`` He said, slow and quiet then showed the apprentice how by example. He flicked his tail for her to try with a bright smile.

(Sorry for the short post)

"Just be yourself, there is no one better" - Taylor Swift

Help hatch my babies!

My characters and me have different views! Please do not connect their thoughts and feelings to mine. <3

Last edited by Saki; April 18th, 2024 at 06:38 AM.
Old April 21st, 2024, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars View Post

Summerpaw gave a gentle sniff. "Uhm... my mentor Minnowsplash told me that... sense I have a bright orange pelt.. that I should face towards the sun so my shadow falls behind me and the sun reflects on my pelt.... she said it would disguise me better...." Summerpaw said carefully, not trying to contradict the she-cat, just trying to inform her that Summerpaw's tried it all, his bright orange pelt was just to heavy and to bright. "Like this" He mewed, he positioned himself carefully, making sure his side shadow didn't fall over the water, Summerpaw locked onto a fish and twitched his whiskers. Swooping into the water with his paw he attempted to snatch out the fish, he grabbed it with his forepaws, his hind paws dinging into the soil with a panicked grumble, Summerpaw leaned forward and bit the fishes tail, he threw it behind him and tumbled backwards so he didn't fall into the water. Landing on his back the clumsy Tom flipped over like a kit and grabbed his prey, biting it and snapping it's spine. "That....... was not how she taught me to do it" Summerpaw mewed in embarssment
Irisfrost

Summerpaw told her his technique, and Irisfrost nodded. "That would be useful, especially when the water is clear. If the water is murky you don't need to do that, but as it isn't so much today, that would be a good idea." With her mottled pelt Irisfrost had never needed to do that, but she could see how other cats might struggle.

Irisfrost frowned at Summerpaw's messy attempt at fishing. "Good to know your mentor taught you better than that," she replied dryly. "Try again. I want to see if you can do it better. I'll be behind you to catch any fish you miss." With that Irisfrost sat behind him, keeping one eye on Summerpaw's technique and the other on the river.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 08:29 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Quote:
Irisfrost

Summerpaw told her his technique, and Irisfrost nodded. "That would be useful, especially when the water is clear. If the water is murky you don't need to do that, but as it isn't so much today, that would be a good idea." With her mottled pelt Irisfrost had never needed to do that, but she could see how other cats might struggle.

Irisfrost frowned at Summerpaw's messy attempt at fishing. "Good to know your mentor taught you better than that," she replied dryly. "Try again. I want to see if you can do it better. I'll be behind you to catch any fish you miss." With that Irisfrost sat behind him, keeping one eye on Summerpaw's technique and the other on the river.
Summerpaw gave a gentle, determined nod. Attempting to catch another fish he rested in his usual position, finally lashing out a orange paw and snatching up a fish, he caught it and snapped it's spine with his powerful maw. "Better?" Summerpaw asked hopefully, his blue gaze searching the she-cat as he looked at her.

lio lurked here

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old April 23rd, 2024, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars View Post

Summerpaw gave a gentle, determined nod. Attempting to catch another fish he rested in his usual position, finally lashing out a orange paw and snatching up a fish, he caught it and snapped it's spine with his powerful maw. "Better?" Summerpaw asked hopefully, his blue gaze searching the she-cat as he looked at her.
Irisfrost

Irisfrost watched from behind as Summerpaw caught a fish. It was a clean kill, good. "Better," she confirmed. "Catch three more, then we'll head back." She wanted to make sure the catch had not been a fluke. Even if it wasn't, practise would do Summerpaw good. He seemed competent enough, although she didn't know how he fared in the other areas. Fishing was an important skill, but it was not the be-all and end-all of training, especially during the cold season when the river sometimes froze over.

In the position to quickly kill any fish that escaped Summerpaw, Irisfrost watched the apprentice as he attempted to catch fish. She would critique anything wrong with his technique, but he seemed to be doing well. She hoped it would stay that way.
Old April 24th, 2024, 05:48 AM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Quote:
Irisfrost

Irisfrost watched from behind as Summerpaw caught a fish. It was a clean kill, good. "Better," she confirmed. "Catch three more, then we'll head back." She wanted to make sure the catch had not been a fluke. Even if it wasn't, practise would do Summerpaw good. He seemed competent enough, although she didn't know how he fared in the other areas. Fishing was an important skill, but it was not the be-all and end-all of training, especially during the cold season when the river sometimes froze over.

In the position to quickly kill any fish that escaped Summerpaw, Irisfrost watched the apprentice as he attempted to catch fish. She would critique anything wrong with his technique, but he seemed to be doing well. She hoped it would stay that way.
Summerpaw nodded. He narrowed his eyes as he looked at the water, Summerpaw waited for a bit until a carp came towards the surface, Summerpaw's blue eyes locked onto the fish intensely. Muttering under his breath Summerpaw lifted his paw, letting it's shadow fall onto the farther side of the fish, watching the fish ease away from it and closer to him, Summerpaw used his raised paw, shooting it into the water and snatching up the carp, snapping it's spine he immediately focused back once placing the fish beside Irisfrost. Summerpaw eventually caught 2 more fish, one a bit smaller than he'd like and another normal sized. "Irisfrost. When animals die and touch water they contaminate it right? So when fish die... like on there own and aren't hunted. Don't they contaminate water to?" He wondered

lio lurked here

Old April 24th, 2024, 07:15 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Tired

Tulippaw
?/100 || RiverClan || 8 moons || she/her

Tulippaw watched Treeheart intently. Her green eyes followed every little simple movement, right down to the flick of his paw. She’s never been this focused before. It felt like she didn’t even blink as she watched him successfully catch a fish. It looked so simple when he did it. It looked so easy. But surely it wasn’t.

Tulippaw crouched, repeating Treeheart’s steps carefully, and flattening her ears to her head in concentration. She inched closer and closer to the edge of the rock as her heart thundered in her chest. She shouldn’t be taking this so seriously. It was a simple Clan event. Yet, she wanted to win, and she wanted to ignite that spark to become a warrior, and become motivated once more. This fish could be her spark.

Green eyes stared into the deep clear river as she took a breath. She could see her reflection staring right back at her, with fierce eyes. If she squinted hard enough and leaned down, she could even just barely make out little fish that swam about, and some bigger ones too.

She waited there on the rocks. Patience was a virtue, but not for her. She’d always been impatient, she’d always been too quick. Yet now, it felt like time was moving slower as she waited for the perfect moment.

It happened so quick she almost couldn’t process it.

A small fish, it swam around unknowingly, dancing around peacefully in the river. Her paw, flashing down into the river, claws unsheathing almost instinctively into the fish as she brought it up out of the water.

The fish flapped about in her paws, and she almost dropped it as it slipped in her paws. This fish was a fighter, and it flung droplets of water all over the rock and Tulippaw. It prompted the calico to quickly bite into the fish, ending its struggle rather quickly.

She blinked once. She blinked twice. It had gone still. She was victorious. Hee chest swelled as a grin spread across her face at the sight. “Treeheart! Look! I did it!” She cried out in triumph. “And on my first try!” She laughed as she set the fish down besides her.

. . .

@Saki

[oops this is super long. i cooked.]