Today 07:14 PM
Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2023, 08:46 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Default Re: January Gathering

@Alchemist Kitsune

Ashpaw nodded. “Okay!” Noticing a dark brown, battle-scarred shape, who she presumed to be Dawnstar, she held back the urge to grimace, and the urge to jump onto the rocks and claw Dawnstar for disrespecting Twilightstar.

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old January 11th, 2023, 09:33 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post

Aldermane shook his pelt when he felt too much water had accumulated and begun feeling dreadfully uncomfortable with how heavy his pelt was feeling. Thankfully, there weren't any cats he'd be unceremoniously drenching with his dog-like flailing in an attempt to dry off.
All he really succeeded in doing is making his monstrous mane of fur puff out like an unruly kit that'd been caught trying to swim on their own.
He grumped to himself and sat down to start the arduous process of taming his fur.

Once he was somewhat satisfied that he didn't look completely ridiculous, he returned to his normal sitting position, only to be caught off guard by the presence of WindClan.
Now, he didn't hate them or feel uneasy around them anymore than he was around the next Clan of cats, but he had been sure he hadn't taken that long to groom his fur.

Well, now that it seemed the time to find a real spot to stay in was running shorter, as now ThunderClan and ShadowClan couldn't be too far behind their windborne neighbor, he trotted closer to the Seastones themself in am attempt to find a half decent spot. He planted his flank maybe a tail length or two away from the closest cat.
After a moment, he recognized the cat as a Clanmate and turned to Doeheart.
She seemed rather frazzled and in need of some company, she he slid just the slightest hair closer and turned himself a bit in her direction to indicate he was interested in a conversation.
"Nice weather for a Gathering, huh?"
As if to make his point clear, a sudden drizzle of mist fell directly on his snout, making him blink rapidly at the sudden intrusion of his comfort and space, ears pulling backwards. He quickly used his paw to wipe the droplet off his face, nose twitching in brief befuddlement before returning his gaze to the other warrior.

Clearing his throat, and attempting to recover from the weather trying to make him look silly, he continued.
"I'm Aldermane," he offered as another conversation starter and official introduction.

[Hi, yes, one goofy introduction for you lol]

**Doeheart**
[Sorry this took a couple days!><]

Fogged within her own mind, the lilac queen was unaware of most of what surrounded her. The buzz of cats engaging in their small talk felt like the current of the river, ever droning, carrying her along easily, and the drizzle slowly drenching her pelt went unnoticed. It wasn't until a voice, so much closer than she'd thought any other cats were to her, spoke and something about it made it cut into her thoughts as if she knew it was directed at her. Her soft amber eyes switched quickly, startled, in the warrior's direction. Recognition came slow and she was given a moment to realize just how much edge had been lost by her time in the nursery and the fog of grief and worry. She couldn't remember ever being so easily caught off-guard. She'd always been a trusting cat but never oblivious, Until now, she conceded blandly. At his question, Doeheart turned her nose up to the wet sky then looked back at him. Had she been so cooped up that she'd let go of keeping up with her clanmates? Why was his name escaping her? Her worries were momentarily forgotten by the tom's reaction to what she assumed had to be a droplet that she'd missed. She felt the smile but quickly realized it hadn't extended to her mouth and a flush spread through her. How ridiculous must I look? Just staring at him. The small smile she'd felt was now gone but she forced a smile nonetheless, suddenly self-conscious. Was smiling even the right thing to do in that moment? Did it look as completely phony as it felt? Why was this so difficult? She swallowed and, as if just now realizing that it was dreary outside, she shook herself roughly, lifting her back end as the inertia drove her forward. It was only after she settled back down and looked to the tom that she realized how close he was and the inevitability of the spray from her coat catching him. The flush beneath her pelt deepened and she looked away from him as he told her his name. Aldermane, she silently thanked Starclan that he'd mentioned it, saving her the complete embarrassment of him finding out she was completely clueless. This time she did smile, though she hoped it came off as a standard smile of greeting rather than the smile of relief and embarrassment it felt like. "Doeheart. I, uh...I've apparently been stuck in the nursery too long. Talking to grown warriors is so...odd, I'm a bit out of practice, I think. I'm sorry," she meowed through breathy laughs, not meeting his eyes until her words cut off.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old January 11th, 2023, 09:51 PM
Raven

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

**Elmshadow**
Shadowclan Medicine Cat

His broad pawsteps felt muted against the wet ground and he let his claws slide out to get a better hold against the mild slip. His black ears flicked intermittently to dispel the clinging droplets. He glanced toward the dark sky, black and shadowed thought the moon still peeked through. He didn't give it a second thought as he followed Dawnstar out onto the soggy beach, taking in the other clans who'd all seemed to arrive before them, though Thunderclan was still filtering in so it didn't seem they'd gotten here any earlier. His green eyes stopped on Twilightstar, taking Fallownose's usual spot at the base of the Seastones. His ear flicked but he let the questioning go without dwelling and turned his attention to the medicine cats who'd arrived already, though it seemed Fawnpaw was the only one so far. It didn't affect him, Fawnpaw or the lot of them, he had no desire to make conversation so with only the young Riverclanner he was less likely to be pulled into conversation. He got the feeling in the few encounters he'd had with the young medicine cat that she wasn't particularly comfortable interacting with him; that suited him well enough. Though he had to admit something seemed different. It wasn't as much her appearance as some vibe that was coming from her. Maybe she was simply carrying herself differently. He was sure he'd find out sooner rather than later once other medicine cats began showing up and sparking the small talk. Without making any direct eye contact, his green eyes skirting over her as though he didn't see her, Elmshadow turned and sat down in the same vicinity but looked up to the Seastones as Dawnstar was making her way up the wet perch.

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing

Last edited by Pitou; January 11th, 2023 at 09:51 PM.
Old January 11th, 2023, 10:03 PM
Raven

**Cougarivy**
Shadowclan Enforcer Commander

The small she-cat set her bouncy short steps to match the pace of Elmshadow's long, fluid strides. She'd seen him leaving camp early in the crowd of Shadowclanners; it'd been a pleasant change of pace and so she hurried to catch up to him. She was carrying his kits now and they were the power couple she always knew they could be, it only made sense that they started flaunting it. He couldn't very well deny his feelings for her anymore, not with his kits only days from being here. She let a small shiver run down her spine, using the energy to shake the water clinging to her pelt then hurried to catch up to Elmshadow. As they walked out into the sands of the gathering, Cougarivy took in a deep breath of the heavy, salty air. It was a new day, another gathering but a whole new start and she felt every bit of regality as she positioned herself staunchly at Elmshadow's shoulder. She kept with Elmshadow's pace as he took his seat near the other medicine cat. She glanced at him but he hadn't looked at her, hadn't made any acknowledgement of her presence at his side, but she knew he knew she was there intentionally and the fact he hadn't motioned her away was egging her on. So she took the chance and took a seat beside him, her fur brushing against his as she turned and looked out over the gathered cats. She held her breath for a couple heartbeats, waiting to see if Elmshadow would send her away. When nothing came, her attention turned out to the gathered cats. It seemed all of the clans had arrived and she figured it was only a matter of time before something turned towards chaos or disruption.

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old January 11th, 2023, 10:24 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Flameheart

Nervousness began to make her pelt prickle. She had been to Gatherings before, but being fifteen moons old, a cat who was barely out of warriorhood when gaining the Keeper rank, was a little unnerving. It wasn't like this at first, but this time was different. This time, she wasn't around just her Clanmates. She was around ShadowClan, WindClan, and RiverClan... wait. Unable to see ShadowClan among the other two Clans, Flameheart turned, wondering if they were coming at all since it was raining.

Huffing as she witnessed the large ShadowClan leader coming in right behind ThunderClan, the young Keeper decided to hold her tongue. This is a Gathering. I can't say anything rude to them... as much as I'd like to. She then spotted one of the rival Clan's warriors head toward the front of the crowd. Had Dawnstar finally picked a deputy? Eh... nope. Nope she hadn't... why am I not surprised?

"Good evening... may I ask who you are? I don't believe we've met. I'm Flameheart, by the way. ThunderClan's newest Keeper." she asked the large black tom.

Badgerpaw

Oh, dear... oh, dear... I'm late! Rushing in behind ShadowClan (because he had lost track of what was going on tonight), Badgerpaw gathered his thoughts and went to sit in front of the Seastones. He was just in time to see Dawnstar haul her way up onto her spot and mock Twilightstar for being... old. A small warning growl rumbled in his throat, "Dawnstar, with all due respect, please don't mock Twilightstar. It isn't her fault she gets cold easily."

As he spoke, a shiver ran down his spine. Addressing a leader, especially one as dangerous as Dawnstar, was no easy feat for someone like him. But he fought to keep his composure regardless. Twilightstar deserved to be backed up by her Clanmates. "I don't wish to be rude, but this is a Gathering, not a battle of wit."

Maplepaw

//Not open for interaction\\

Being at Gatherings was something he could never have imagined himself doing while under a different cat's rule than Dawnstar. He decided to keep to the back, away from any of his former Clanmates. They'd probably rip my throat out if they found out I switched Clans after I died...
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old January 11th, 2023, 10:25 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Roanpaw
Practically materializing out of the shadows of the night and onto the beach underneath the dull night sky lighting was Roanpaw. Rain pelted down on him and while most were grouchy and irritable, he remained as blank and void of emotion as ever. Green eyes pierced through the crowd of cats as he set paw on the wet sand of the beach, pausing for a moment to survey the area. ShadowClan was the last to arrive, though with how ThunderClan was still trickling in, it was safe to say that they weren't all that far behind. His eyes lifted immediately to find his grandmother ascend to the top of the Seastones with little ease before falling once more to the crowd.

Oh. How bothersome. Narrowing his gaze slightly Roanpaw continued to stalk into the clearing. His ever-growing size now had him almost competing with the average warrior, massive paws leaving prints behind in the sand. All of the apprentices' focus went immediately towards the squawky individual who seemed to have a death wish with Dawnstar. Yelping about some comment that she had seemed to make towards Twilightstar. That simply would not do. It was kind of humorous how much this chirpy kit seemed to say. Did they not teach those in WindClan how to be silent?

In an instant Roanpaw was sliding up behind the cat, who smelled strongly of the moorland. His claws barely poked out from their sheaths, tail curling up behind him. There was no such thing as personal space as he aimed to brush up against the cat, turning to look at them with an eerie glance. "Away. Now." Though it was montone and short, there appeared to be a veiled thread concealed within the depths of his words. Green eyes bore into the cat, slightly wide and unblinking, the rain pouring down in no way phasing him.

[ @SpiritedWarrior @Undertaker ]

Last edited by taillow; January 11th, 2023 at 10:31 PM.
Old January 11th, 2023, 10:27 PM
visual novel enjoyer

Bump Policy: literally whenever
My Mood: Yeehaw

Talk with Sundust over, Cinderpaw padded into the gathering. A blank look was imprinted on her face as she stayed with the now-dispersing crowd of Thunderclan cats. There was no way she was talking with any other clan, especially after last moon - to give people the hint, her claws remained unsheathed and muscles tensed. Full moon truces hardly existed anymore, and if anyone had a problem with that they should go tell the weasels the same thing they wanted to tell her.

[technically open i guess? cannot promise a reply]
Old January 11th, 2023, 10:41 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelove View Post

Talk with Sundust over, Cinderpaw padded into the gathering. A blank look was imprinted on her face as she stayed with the now-dispersing crowd of Thunderclan cats. There was no way she was talking with any other clan, especially after last moon - to give people the hint, her claws remained unsheathed and muscles tensed. Full moon truces hardly existed anymore, and if anyone had a problem with that they should go tell the weasels the same thing they wanted to tell her.

[technically open i guess? cannot promise a reply]

Reedwhisker

As the Clans began filing in one by one, ShadowClan following closely behind ThunderClan, a familiar pelt caught her eyes. Cinderpaw. The apprentice Skystar had stolen from the squirrel-eaters. A sigh escaped her jaws as she remembered the sassy apprentice in her home. An overwhelming urge pushed her forward. She slowly began to move forward toward the ThunderClanner with an apologetic glance.

"Cinderpaw... is it? I... I wanted to apologize. While it was Skystar's fault... I can't help but feel pity. I wanted to let you know no one really agreed with keeping you with us for so long after the battle. And... I know you'll probably never forgive us. I can't say I don't blame you. If any of my kits went missing and ended up being prisoners in another Clan, I'd be furious too. Would you... like to sit with me? You don't have to talk if you don't want to. Heck, you don't even have to accept my offer. I just want you to know not all RiverClanners are... fox-hearted."
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old January 11th, 2023, 10:50 PM
i'm back!! &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

Sorrelflare slinked from their spot within the Shadowclan cats, though his lips curled into a smirk when he heard Dawnstar. Truly that stupid leader of Windclan must have lost some of their memories with how old she was. Though his gaze narrowed on the apprentice that tried to speak out against Dawnstar, that little worm is brave but also stupid

Ospreypaw bounded into the gathering, humming as they looked around for anyone to speak to

[open]

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old January 11th, 2023, 10:59 PM
visual novel enjoyer

Bump Policy: literally whenever
My Mood: Yeehaw

Feeling her fur stand on end, Cinderpaw turned to look at the molly addressing her. She smelled strongly of fish, and hadn't seemed to get the message of her claws. It made her feel dizzy, making her think back to the days of fear stuck in that musty den and then the striking glint of the coyote's teeth, and--

She forced herself to breathe, taking in a shaky gasp of air. "No ap-ap-apologies start with about how it wasn't your fault. Thunderclan's u-used that one on me too many times for me to fall for it." A quiet snarl escaped from her lips. If she got in trouble for it, it was worth it - it was a rush, being able to take out her anger on someone one last time before becoming a husk. "I don't want excuses. I am not h-here to give you penance. You a-are causing more harm than you would have if you left me alone. Go. Away."

The apprentice was tired of pardoning people when she was still mad at them. She was tired of those apologies not meaning anything. She was tired of them not magically fixing her like all the kit tales told her. But, she had been placed here to live indebted, and Starclan's iron grip wouldn't let go of her any time soon.

[ @SpiritedWarrior ]