by Ian
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:09 AM

Old August 2nd, 2018, 08:15 PM
The Red to your Blue~

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

|| @Checkmate ||

Bird still in mouth, Crowfoot purred with amusement at her reaction. He didn't read it as hostility. The tom knew that she would respect her deputy, but with such a claim regarding both Grousestar and a cat he'd never heard of, he pointed out her claim as being strange. What was wrong with strange, though? Different could only mean fun. He nodded in return at her response to his friendly greeting, knowing that she meant well. In his eyes, no cat truly meant to be bad, they just saw the world differently. She seemed to be changing moods rather quickly, though. He was used to mood changes, and barely even reacted to her sudden outburst considering the mystery of his mentor.

Crowfoot stopped in his tracks at her offer, tilting his head slightly as he mulled over her offer. Coming to a decision at his own pace, he dropped the limp body in his mouth, burying it by his paws before turning to look at Cardinalcry. "Am I obliged to? I happily accept your offer." The black and white tom smirked slightly, glancing at the canopy. "Do you hunt in the trees, or on the ground?"
Old August 2nd, 2018, 08:34 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikes View Post
|| @Checkmate ||

Bird still in mouth, Crowfoot purred with amusement at her reaction. He didn't read it as hostility. The tom knew that she would respect her deputy, but with such a claim regarding both Grousestar and a cat he'd never heard of, he pointed out her claim as being strange. What was wrong with strange, though? Different could only mean fun. He nodded in return at her response to his friendly greeting, knowing that she meant well. In his eyes, no cat truly meant to be bad, they just saw the world differently. She seemed to be changing moods rather quickly, though. He was used to mood changes, and barely even reacted to her sudden outburst considering the mystery of his mentor.

Crowfoot stopped in his tracks at her offer, tilting his head slightly as he mulled over her offer. Coming to a decision at his own pace, he dropped the limp body in his mouth, burying it by his paws before turning to look at Cardinalcry. "Am I obliged to? I happily accept your offer." The black and white tom smirked slightly, glancing at the canopy. "Do you hunt in the trees, or on the ground?"
Her head perked up with a wide smile on her face she was happy with his answer which felt like it took for a million seasons .She gave a pleased pur . With his following question she hummed and took a moment or so to think about it she did prefer the ground since it was safer . But she should take more risks and hasn't hunted in the trees that much. She looked up at the canopy as well now making up her mind once she looked back at the tom " I'll gladly choose the trees. Besides if I'm gonna be one of the best. I should take more risks ,right? " she meowed with a swish of her tail . It was somewhat of a rhetorical question but also serious . Her paws were now itching to start hunting then she got an idea , this may make it even more fun "let's make this more fun shall we?who ever gets the best looking piece of prey . Wins . The reward is that you also get the losers prey. What ya think? " she asked . Clearly excited .

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old August 2nd, 2018, 09:26 PM
The Red to your Blue~

|| @Checkmate ||

"The trees, hm? You like flying, too?" Crowfoot chuckled at the statement. Both of their namesakes were that of birds, it would only be fitting that they hunt in the trees or 'fly' as the piebald tom had referred to it as. Jokes aside, it was an enjoyable hunting method, if tricky to pull off. He'd been training in the trees for moons, however... This would just be extra time to show off his abilities to yet another molly. "A risk? Maybe. Not for winged, though." Crowfoot winked knowingly, about ready to scale the nearest tree before she continued to speak.

"The best looking? Is that a fair measure?" Maybe she found food more appetising if it looked nice. Besides, it was easy for their opinions to be biased towards their own prey. "I'll accept your offer... If you change the winning measure to size." It didn't matter how pretty the bird would be if it was going to be eaten and its feathers discarded. "Maybe quantity... Call me a bird of prey." With that, he launched upwards, clinging to the bark before hoisting himself with ease to the lowest branch of the tree.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:05 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

At Redpaw’s words, Blazepaw’s olive colored hues widened. The thought flickered through his head a million times, rewording itself until he understood what she was getting at. “That... makes so much sense!” He exclaimed, flicking his tail. Blazepaw was never really one to delve into deep thoughts, so often, even the smallest things he thought about intrigued him. “Alright, so the bird did have a right to be a jerk. I know if a fox was trying to eat me,” The ginger tom crouched on the ground, baring his teeth a little, “I would be a complete jerk to it!”
As his companion spoke again, the tom sat bolt upright, his ear twitching. Is she... making fun of me? Not that the tom really cared, truly, cats could make fun of him all they wanted. But he liked to have some fun with them while they were doing it. “Oh please.” He scoffed, flicking his tail and rolling his eyes. “I’m not one of those Skyclan cats known for his jumping skills. I’m terrible at hunting birds.” Blazepaw spoke this like he was proud of the fact. Which, interestingly, he was. “But that’s what makes me different, even from all the cats who are ‘different.’ I’m more so if that makes sense.” He laughed a little at his own rambling, knowing she would probably think he was stupid. Most cats did. Blazepaw could care less though.
As Redpaw clarified her name but then cowered, Blazepaw shifted on his paws uncomfortably. He was unsure of what to do. Or say. “Hey, it’s okay, sure there are others named Redpaw, just like there are other Blazepaws.” He meowed quickly, hoping to comfort her. “But it really doesn’t matter, because we are our own cats, right?” He gave her a sure smile, knowing himself what he said was true, hoping to convince the saddened she-cat.
Redpaw studied Blazepaw curiously, tilting her head from left to right, observing him. She was certainly still tensed around him, not really wanting to be his center of attention. She preferred being alone, where the silence was her only company - she only jumped, whimpering when Blazepaw exclaimed, not really like the harsh loud tones of others' voices. She sat back up from her submissive crouch, giving him a rather curious look - did she finally catch on to what she was saying? She blinked at him, a little confounded, but brushed it off, wondering if this tom had any idea of what he was saying. ''Well...I guess that's a good comparison?'' She wiggled her nose, then looked down at her paws, too shy to make eye contact with him. ''...If you say an eagle, then maybe? But, do foxes actually eat cats?'' She was genuinely curious at this - she never known a fox to eat a cat. Maybe kill it? Maybe she was indulging too much in it. She shook her head to clear her thoughts.
He did manage to elicit a quiet, genuine laugh from her, stating that he was terrible at hunting birds. ''That makes you and I both then.'' She murmured softly, a ghost of a grin on her face before it vanished. She only knew how to hunt small rodents, and her mentor tried teaching her to get on more...flighty prey, but her mind's always distracted; cloudy, and it gets in the way of her lessons. ''They can be very tricky critters, you know. Because they can fly...and, obviously we can't.'' Her voice was still quiet, her shoulders slumped.
She didn't think he was stupid, but she certainly thought he was...something. He was a little different, if she admitted aloud, but he seemed to act special? Which could mean in more than one way. However, her features were always soft, listening to him, but she wouldn't keep eye contact steady, flushing under her fur, a bit tensed and mildly surprised that he was talking to her. She didn't want to be rude and tell him that she needed time alone. She blinked, a little confused on how 'terrible at hunting birds' made him a lot different than other cats. Wasn't there plenty cats who didn't know how to hunt birds? Even outside skyclan? She lightly chuckled, deciding to agree to disagree. She honestly didn't want to hurt Blazepaw's feelings...he seemed so sweet.
She smiled weakly at him when he tried cheering her up about her name - it was a dull name, she knew that. She appreciated his words following after, perking up a bit, angling her ears forward at him, looking down still, idly drawing shapes in the dirt with her paw. ''I think Blazepaw is a really cool name. It makes you think...your fur is fire.'' She glanced briefly up at him, shyly again, before she looked down. ''I like the name Inferno, maybe Spark, or Crackle...those are nice names. Strong too. Any toms with those names, I'd think they were feared.'' She always thought cats with strong, powerful names were the most brilliant, unlike her - she was dull. She felt she was too mediocre, but she was fine with that. She rather blend in with the crowd than stand out.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
|| @Checkmate ||

"The trees, hm? You like flying, too?" Crowfoot chuckled at the statement. Both of their namesakes were that of birds, it would only be fitting that they hunt in the trees or 'fly' as the piebald tom had referred to it as. Jokes aside, it was an enjoyable hunting method, if tricky to pull off. He'd been training in the trees for moons, however... This would just be extra time to show off his abilities to yet another molly. "A risk? Maybe. Not for winged, though." Crowfoot winked knowingly, about ready to scale the nearest tree before she continued to speak.

"The best looking? Is that a fair measure?" Maybe she found food more appetising if it looked nice. Besides, it was easy for their opinions to be biased towards their own prey. "I'll accept your offer... If you change the winning measure to size." It didn't matter how pretty the bird would be if it was going to be eaten and its feathers discarded. "Maybe quantity... Call me a bird of prey." With that, he launched upwards, clinging to the bark before hoisting himself with ease to the lowest branch of the tree.
Her ears flicked with a smile . Once he spoke again she looked down and thought for a moment . maybe he's right . Yeah I should change it . she once she looked back at him he already was on a tree branch causing her to be wide eyed . She shook her fur now running up to the same tree and looked up at him " ok , your right . I'm changing it to size. If you'll still accept the challenge of course " she meowed at him now focusing the base of the tree in front of her now sitting on her hind legs and pushed all of her strength to them thus allowing her to jump up high enough to latch on to the trees base. Once she did she unsheathed her claws when she felt her underside make contact to the bark , she slid down a bit once her claws dug in it causing a bit of fear to run through her body. Her tail swished a few times as she climbed the trees base up to a higher branch then him . She slid down the higher she got this just proved that she wasn't the best tree climber probably the worst for a newly turned warrior . But she will get better . She found a good tree branch that was some foxlengths higher then crowfoot making her grin and leap on to the very branch . Once she took a step forward her right hind leg slipped causing a small piece of bark to fly off of it and head straight towards crowfoots head now bouncing off of it and heading towards the ground below. She closed her eyes and gulped now opening them back up and sighed " Ready? " she asked as she looked down at crowfoot.

Old August 3rd, 2018, 03:51 PM
The Red to your Blue~

|| @Checkmate ||

"Ah, size. The most honourable measure, don't you think?" In all fairness, Crowfoot took great pride in his beauty. To him it was possibly the most important aspect of his being. Size only helped contribute to his beauty, so he took them both in his stride. He watched Cardinalcry attempt to scale the tree's trunk, scrambling onto the closest branch before being at his level. The piebald tom smiled and shot her a mischievous look, waiting for her to go higher than he did. His musculature made him a heavy tom, and she'd definitely be able to reach for the high, thinner branches... At least if she trained hard enough. She was the perfect build for tree-hopping, whilst he ran the risk of landing on a branch that couldn't support his weight. He'd be lying if he said he didn't enjoy a gamble, though... He was always the lucky winner. He watched her finally make her ascent, landing comfortably on the branch higher than his. He saw her stumble afterwards, however, mostly due to the fact that some bark had ricocheted off of his head in the struggle. With an amused purr at the sudden assault from the tree, he wiggled his hips and launched up to the branch, hoisting himself up into a standing position with chest puffed out in pride. "As I'll ever be."

Glad to bring the blood-pumping sensation back, he leapt to the next tree, skirting along the branches with ease. The she-cat's size was more suitable for scaling trees by the branch, while his leaping ability was suitable for skirting across the lower branches. Climbing took more time for him than it did for other cats, so he worked his way around it and became somewhat of a daredevil. A handsome daredevil. At least his strength guaranteed that he could scale a tree from the trunk, if he had to. No prey was in the ebony and alabaster tom's sights as he continued his high-speed activity, so sadly enough he had to pause for a moment. He considered asking the she-cat if she wanted to race, afterwards, but had a feeling that she'd be puffed from all the climbing. Head held high, he scented for some prey, eyes locking onto the nearest point that he had scented it. A woodpecker! My favourite... No wonder he'd caught that scent. The tom began to scale his own tree, wanting to launch from above the unsuspecting bird. His weight ensured a capture, as long as he landed square on the creature.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
|| @Checkmate ||

"Ah, size. The most honourable measure, don't you think?" In all fairness, Crowfoot took great pride in his beauty. To him it was possibly the most important aspect of his being. Size only helped contribute to his beauty, so he took them both in his stride. He watched Cardinalcry attempt to scale the tree's trunk, scrambling onto the closest branch before being at his level. The piebald tom smiled and shot her a mischievous look, waiting for her to go higher than he did. His musculature made him a heavy tom, and she'd definitely be able to reach for the high, thinner branches... At least if she trained hard enough. She was the perfect build for tree-hopping, whilst he ran the risk of landing on a branch that couldn't support his weight. He'd be lying if he said he didn't enjoy a gamble, though... He was always the lucky winner. He watched her finally make her ascent, landing comfortably on the branch higher than his. He saw her stumble afterwards, however, mostly due to the fact that some bark had ricocheted off of his head in the struggle. With an amused purr at the sudden assault from the tree, he wiggled his hips and launched up to the branch, hoisting himself up into a standing position with chest puffed out in pride. "As I'll ever be."

Glad to bring the blood-pumping sensation back, he leapt to the next tree, skirting along the branches with ease. The she-cat's size was more suitable for scaling trees by the branch, while his leaping ability was suitable for skirting across the lower branches. Climbing took more time for him than it did for other cats, so he worked his way around it and became somewhat of a daredevil. A handsome daredevil. At least his strength guaranteed that he could scale a tree from the trunk, if he had to. No prey was in the ebony and alabaster tom's sights as he continued his high-speed activity, so sadly enough he had to pause for a moment. He considered asking the she-cat if she wanted to race, afterwards, but had a feeling that she'd be puffed from all the climbing. Head held high, he scented for some prey, eyes locking onto the nearest point that he had scented it. A woodpecker! My favourite... No wonder he'd caught that scent. The tom began to scale his own tree, wanting to launch from above the unsuspecting bird. His weight ensured a capture, as long as he landed square on the creature.
"I suppose " she answered as she carefully took a few steps forward making sure that she placed her paws carefully . But once he launched up to her branch and heard him speak she jolted causing both her hind legs to slip off and dragged her behind down with them but thankfully she found a way to get them back on the branch . This made her somewhat angry but she nodded " Alright then. Let's go " she meowed she crouched to jump towards another branch but was cut off by watching the tom jump to the next tree already causing her to be wide eyed.he's good at this! And fast . she huffed and refocused on what she was currently doing . Again pushing all her strength into hind legs she dashed forward and once she felt her front paws touch the tip of the branch she crouched yet again and jumped away from it . For a moment she felt like she was flying she felt the wind brush against her belly fur making her close her eyes for a tad bit enjoying the feeling of being almost as light as a feather .it was short lived once she remembered to reopen her eyes only to see the next trees branch in front of her , so she stretched her legs out far enough to hopefully grab it and thankfully she did but only her front half landed on it.thank starclan it was on of the thicker branches .

To be honest this kinda took a lot of breath out of her and it especially did so when she made contact with the bark. She flicked her tail and flailed her hind legs about when her front paws clawed at the branch constantly as she tried to pull herself up. Inch by inch she did , enough to where her right hind paw could grab a hold of the bark to push her up. The feeling of the bark dragging across her stomach felt rather uncomfortable it was rough and kinda cold too . After a minute or so she managed to get herself fully on the branch, this made her release a sigh of content . She was kinda jealous at how well crowfoot could climb trees. But this won't stop her from trying her best. She doesn't want to loose either . Not to mention she must have looked so stupid ,like this was an apprentices first try . She wasn't an apprentice anymore . She dared to take a glance at crowfoot only to see that he found his choice of prey already . She growled slightly at that and flicked her ears once she heard a Robins call making her turn her head to the direction of the noise . She walked forward on the branch and saw a branch just a few mouse lengths above her head so she sat on her hind legs and leaped upwards grabbing the branch easily and used her hind paws to kick off of the tree base which helped her get on to the branch . Cardinalcry peered around the corner to see the very Robin cleaning its feathers on three branches higher and two away then the one she was on . Making her ears fold back and sigh .I wonder how crowfoot is doing . He probably has it easier then I do.

Old August 3rd, 2018, 10:04 PM
The Red to your Blue~

|| @Checkmate ||

Already comfortable with the fact that his chosen prey was within his sights, he stole a quick glance at the ginger and white she-cat who struggled to keep up with his pace. He'd half expected her to scale the tree she was already on and look for prey from there, but she'd taken up his strategy of using branches as launching platforms. Was she planning on hunting his prey, too? He doubted that, her sights were elsewhere. Checking to see if she was going to make her leap, he flicked his tail once he noticed her catching onto the low branch, and was back to focusing on the woodpecker he'd singled out between the branches. Crowfoot leaned over the edge of his own, higher branch, bunching his body up as tightly as he could in order to get as much out of his jump as possible. Rough landings weren't exactly an issue... He could brush them off, as long as they didn't visibly damage him. Eager to catch his favourite prey animal, the tom rocketed downwards and pinned the frantic bird under his own weight, scrabbling with his claws on both the branch and the creature to make sure he didn't lose his hold on either.

Claws digging into the bark, he sunk his teeth into the fragile animal's neck, not moving until the kerfuffle had ended. Happy with his catch, he skirted back down the tree, and once running out of branches to land on, he practically bounded down the trunk with a soft thud and a purr. He'd never turn down a climbing challenge, even if his weight stopped him from progressing very far upwards. It was simple fun, the kind of stuff he lived for day to day. Making a mental note to pick up his buried prey when they got back to camp, he sat down and kept his eyes trained on Cardinalcry. She'd found her own prey, that was for sure, and was attempting to catch it now. Tail curled neatly around his paws and woodpecker in mouth, he watched with curiosity, wondering how the hunt would go.
Old August 4th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Writer/artist

My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Raven:. View Post
Paledusk smiled as the kit placed her paws on her nose, the claws didn't seem to hurt her in any way, she purred loudly as the kit- her kit called her 'mommy' and resumed her affectionate licking, covering her daughter in licks. "That's right, sweetheart." She purred and thought about the kitten's real mother, this would have to remain a secret, and she would raise her like her own kit.
{Oof sorry for the late response}

Gorgekit stared at her mother for a moment before letting go of the she-cat's nose
"Mommy, I'm tired!" the kit complained. The few sleepless nights in the gorge were starting to get to her.
Old August 4th, 2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♤ Allora ♤ View Post

{Oof sorry for the late response}

Gorgekit stared at her mother for a moment before letting go of the she-cat's nose
"Mommy, I'm tired!" the kit complained. The few sleepless nights in the gorge were starting to get to her.
Paledusk gazed at her daughter as she spoke and nodded, after all, with how loud the kitten had been waiting for someone to find her, she had probably spent most of her energy doing that. "Alright sweetheart, we'll go and rest." She purred, and with that, the she-cat got up and gently picked up her daughter before heading straight to camp, their next stop would be the nursery. The thought of being a mother made the she-cat extremely happy, sadly, she had no mate, so she would probably have to lie about the kit's father too.