Croaking Swamp
Last post by silver.
Today 12:51 PM

Old January 18th, 2021, 12:44 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: The Weeping Tree

// @Phoenix Fall

The tattered molly paced through the territory, relishing the sharp cold that nipped at her paws. She needed the discomfort to remind her of how she messed up, of how she failed. The pain kept her alive. It made her feel real.

She supposed that she should catch some prey before returning to camp, as expected of all warriors who wandered through the territory, for pleasure or not. The chilly breeze ruffled her pelt, yet she didn't feel any colder. Her ragged fur made sure of that.

The static scent of thunder and oak caught her attention then, so she followed it. She noticed the molly napping beneath the willow tree, and the beginnings of a snarl fell upon her maw before twisting into an innocuous smile.

"Dear Cedarleaf," Honeypool purred, fully aware that the other feline might not hear her. Thus, she made to prod the molly with her tail. "This isn't the safest place to rest."
Have a wonderful day!
Old January 18th, 2021, 02:40 PM
PIIIIIIIIIIICKLES

My Mood: Lazy

Cedarleaf dreamed of Sunripple. She dreamed of him and her. And the same thing he said the day the met kept echoing through her head in what she imagined his voice sounding like. I want my kits to be like you. She didn’t tell him that she hoped the same thing, and a twinge of regret snuck its way into her dream. Maybe if she had told him, things would be different. Besides, she didn’t even know what that warm and safe feeling she had was, or why it was only when she was around him. But she liked it.

Something poked her, and her eyes shot open, half expecting to see a fox and half hoping to see Sunripple. But as her vision cleared, she realized it wasn’t. She was pretty sure the cat’s name was... Honeypool? That seemed right. Then she realized the she-cat was speaking, and only caught the last word. Rest. And she had a smile on her face, so it was probably amusing to her that Cedarleaf fell asleep there.

”Sorry,” Cedarleaf mewed, feeling her face grow a bit warm. Her whiskers twitched. She wondered what Honeypool was doing here. Not that she shouldn’t have been there, but the weeping willow wasn’t exactly a popular spot in the Clan. It was a pretty nice place to rest, though. And looking up, she realized the sun she’d fallen asleep under earlier was now a little lower than it had been. She had no idea how long she was asleep, but it was probably a few hours. @bmkmb
RC: Flintkit
WC: Frostedface, Weaselthorn, Ashkit
StC: Ravenpaw
Outsiders: Sammy, Cinderstripe

I'm open to rp any time! <3
I'm going through something hard right now, replies will be slow and possibly short.
Old January 18th, 2021, 04:12 PM
darkness begets light.

My Mood: Mysterious

// @Phoenix Fall

She had a love-hate relationship with foxes. On one paw, they were strong. Excellent fighters; any feline would want to have their tricks hidden in their fur. Fairly large, rightfully intimidating creatures. Never backed away from a fight if they could help it. A good warrior shouldn't be slow as a bear, or as chained to family as a wolf. No, good warriors were meant to be foxes. Foxhearts were generally good warriors unlike lionhearts; the rank mostly consisted of blabbering, fish-stinking fools.

On the other paw, foxes killed her mate. They also killed her and made her life miserable, but that was a different story entirely. One of foxes, holly berries, and stormy nights.

Tch. She really didn't want to think about it.

The other molly either misinterpreted her words or was another victim of the "always apologizing" disorder. Really, Honeypool didn't understand that. It didn't make one more humble. It just made them seem weak. Of course, pretending to be useless had its advantages, but enough strength garnered respect.

"It's quite alright," the molly responded. "Though your nest exists for a reason. Were you remembering someone?" This was, after all, the Weeping Tree. Few felines wandered over to the place of the dead if they could help it.
Have a wonderful day!
Old January 18th, 2021, 04:29 PM
PIIIIIIIIIIICKLES

My Mood: Lazy

The other molly seemed to be lost in thought for a moment, but then came back with more words. Cedarleaf watched her until she was finished, then flushed slightly, grateful for her smoky black fur. “No. Well, uh, yes, but he’s alive.” She looked up at the swaying branches. What was it like to not have to worry about a thing? Like your- friend getting hurt by red pelted anti-feline creatures. Or an apprentice you dragged in that had little battle training. Or any cat, for that matter.

She looked back at Honeypool. The she-cat’s pelt was ragged. She was suddenly very thankful for her thick one. Even with it fluffed up, the cold still bit at her with its frosty teeth. Her yellow eyes flicked back up to the sun. Like...

What was going on with her? She couldn’t stop thinking of Sunripple. It was like a obsession with no cure, a phase with no end. But his name was pretty fitting. He was warm and loyal and...

This time, Cedarleaf actually shook her head. She had another cat interacting with her, and for all she knew, she could be missing a ton of words the molly was saying. She’d see Sunripple back at camp, and then she could think about him. But now she needed to focus. Her eyes went back to Honeypool. @bmkmb
RC: Flintkit
WC: Frostedface, Weaselthorn, Ashkit
StC: Ravenpaw
Outsiders: Sammy, Cinderstripe

I'm open to rp any time! <3
I'm going through something hard right now, replies will be slow and possibly short.
Old January 19th, 2021, 04:39 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Mosswhisper
@Zesty Mango

The tom let out a wheezy laugh as she complied. Not happily. But at least she had complied. He listened silently as she explained what happened. Narrowing his eyes as he heard how she had addressed their leader. "Buckstar, Frostb- er Frostpaw." he coughed. He tilted his head from one side to the next, thinking carefully about how to respond. Yes. His sister was incredibly loud, demanding, and egotistical. But she was clever. Did burning it clean it? He'd have to ask that later.

The Tuxedo mix pressed his paws into the ground. "It was. Clever. I'll admit. But try and think about it through his eyes. Thunderclan's been on fire so many times. He's lived through one of them at least. We've seen our clanmates burn. Frost...Frostbreeze." he stated, voice dripping with sorrow. "I'm sure he was just worried about both of you. Not just Dawnfern. Imagine...hmm. Try and imagine how a dad would scold their kits. They don't do it because they're angry. They scold them because they're worried after they do something that could harm them." he attempted to explain. Flailing his paws around.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old January 19th, 2021, 04:51 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

Mosswhisper
@Zesty Mango

The tom let out a wheezy laugh as she complied. Not happily. But at least she had complied. He listened silently as she explained what happened. Narrowing his eyes as he heard how she had addressed their leader. "Buckstar, Frostb- er Frostpaw." he coughed. He tilted his head from one side to the next, thinking carefully about how to respond. Yes. His sister was incredibly loud, demanding, and egotistical. But she was clever. Did burning it clean it? He'd have to ask that later.

The Tuxedo mix pressed his paws into the ground. "It was. Clever. I'll admit. But try and think about it through his eyes. Thunderclan's been on fire so many times. He's lived through one of them at least. We've seen our clanmates burn. Frost...Frostbreeze." he stated, voice dripping with sorrow. "I'm sure he was just worried about both of you. Not just Dawnfern. Imagine...hmm. Try and imagine how a dad would scold their kits. They don't do it because they're angry. They scold them because they're worried after they do something that could harm them." he attempted to explain. Flailing his paws around.
Frostpaw blinked, he seemed genuine but it was dumb,” But Buckbranch isn’t my father or anything, he’s just the false leader of Thunderclan. Why does he care, Dawnfern isn’t related to him, besides if he was reasonable he’d ask me a question about if what I was doing was actually safe.” she huffed

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old January 20th, 2021, 05:42 PM

My Mood: Dreaming

Mothmask, with Lightpaw in tow, looked up at the looming old tree. The dull sunlight made it look dreary, and a little creepier than usual- she didn't like it. The reminders of the cats who perished carved into the bark made her shiver. She looked back at Lightpaw, and cleared her throat. "Do you know the story of this tree?" She asked, settling onto her haunches as she watched his never-changing expression.

- @Shadeleaf
Old January 20th, 2021, 11:11 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Mothmask, with Lightpaw in tow, looked up at the looming old tree. The dull sunlight made it look dreary, and a little creepier than usual- she didn't like it. The reminders of the cats who perished carved into the bark made her shiver. She looked back at Lightpaw, and cleared her throat. "Do you know the story of this tree?" She asked, settling onto her haunches as she watched his never-changing expression.

- @Shadeleaf
(I assume I mention @Jxno?)

Lizardpaw stared blankly at the willow. It looked quite eery. He liked it. He turned at Mothmask's question.
"Oh, there's a story." h mewed but despite the sentence usually being an exclamation, it was a flat statement)
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:59 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Mosswhisper
@Zesty Mango

The tom let out a defeated sigh. "It was an example...lots of felines care about their clanmates well being, even if they're not related." he explained. "Let's say for instance, I was in trouble...being kidnapped or something. What would you do?" he asked.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old January 21st, 2021, 04:56 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

Mosswhisper
@Zesty Mango

The tom let out a defeated sigh. "It was an example...lots of felines care about their clanmates well being, even if they're not related." he explained. "Let's say for instance, I was in trouble...being kidnapped or something. What would you do?" he asked.
Oh boy, this was probably going to hurt Mosswhisper what Frostpaw was going to say next, unfortunately she didn’t have a filter,” Well, obviously I’d scream at the kidnappers to stop and threaten them with the wrath of Thunderclan, maybe I’d give them a good cuff on the ear. Then if that some how didn’t convince them to release you I’d go to camp and demand a bunch of warriors go with me to chase down your kidnappers.” she explained casually licking her paw to groom her ear. She saw nothing wrong with this, when literally any one else who even cared for there sibling would attack them.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here