Today 10:44 PM

Old August 26th, 2022, 02:59 PM
I like birds

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: Hidden Haven

- Grayscar -
She/Her
The she-cat hesitated on Dawnstar's comment about Ferretburr. Killing cats was so unnecessarily cruel. However, if that is what Dawnstar wanted, she'd be loyal and follow through with the orders. As merciless and horrible as they may seem.

Grayscar went off to join her assigned patrol with a nod to Dawnstar. "We should head off, I don't want to waste too much time" she ushered Emberwind once close enough. She was tired from the journey and wanted this to be over soon so she could finally rest her paws. Then she turned to leave the rest of the new camp and check out the territory. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any inhabited dens around. Foxes, badgers, and owls were not something the clan needed right now.

[ @Emo Rat ]
Old August 26th, 2022, 06:38 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Looking over the busy crowd, Nightshiver was able to make out most notably Larkkit and... Moonkit, goodness! The young queen would've joined the lonely looking kitten, had she not seen the state poor Moonkit seemed to be in. Worry gripped at the molly as she hurried over, slowing he pace the closer she got as to not startle the young kit.
"Moo..moonkit? It's. Nigh..Nightshiver"
She whispered above the kitten, sitting down by her side as she carefully sniffed the little one. Thank goodness she didn't smell sick, but the little one didn't appear to be in the best state either. Concerned she looked around for her parents, but seemed unable to spot them (had they been send out..?).

"Are.. you al..alright?"
Turning her attention back on Moonkit, the white queen softly asked as she took a close look at the kit.
"Are you... Hung-gry...?"
Even softer she asked, not sure how close or far off she was. The queen had no idea where the hunch came from, but something was just telling her that that might be it..? This had been happening more frequently, the more time she spend with kits. It still... Felt strange. Assessing the situation, the molly pulled a comforting smile as to reassure the kitten despite herself. 'Come' she would have whispered under her breath as she gently picked Moonkit up by the scruff and moved her to a more secluded part of the make shift camp - somewhere where everyone wasn't running around, out of the way. There she put Moonkit on the ground besides her belly, giving her the choice to drink should she need it. She'd never done this before... It felt like intruding. This wasn't her kit. But the kitten acted half starved, and she didn't know any better. Perhaps it was also because her own little one wasn't much older, nor the ones she had been nursing to help. This was okay, right..? Maybe she could consider it like with Brackenfire's kits, like that first time.
"G..go.. ahead"
She whispered softly to the kitten.

[ @Wingnettle - Hope this works for you! Lmk if you'd like anything changed ]

Last edited by Estelle; August 26th, 2022 at 06:38 PM.
Old August 26th, 2022, 06:43 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@The Vast
Unaware of where the toms she had called with her, Dawnstar didn't bother standing around waiting for them if they were going to keep her waiting. There was prey to hunt and a clan to feed. Moving through the territory, the she-cat slid into a perfect hunting crouch and crept stealthily along the forest floor towards the bushy tail hanging a few feet off the ground. Springing upwards, her claws snagged on the squirrel's tail, dragging it down with her as she landed. Before it could turn around and nip her, she broke its neck with a quick nip and disposed of the prey at the root of the tree, moving on.

Her paws brought her towards a small stream that cuts through the territory. She opened her mouth, testing the scent of the air for nearby prey. the scent of vole was strong here, and she dropped into a crouch, following the scent forward slowly. now, peering through the leaves of a fern, she could see a vole drinking from the stream, its back turned towards her. Dawnstar crept forward still, taking another two paw steps forward before the vole's head shot up from the river as a twig cracked beneath her paw. it went running downstream from her, but Dawnstar was close enough to pounce in its path, slamming her paws down onto it and biting its neck quickly.

The leader yawned as she brought down her second prey. Exhaustion was really getting her, she was making amateur mistakes. The leader brought her vole back over to where she had left her squirrel and dropped it among the tree roots to gather later. Even though Dawnstar disliked how bright and open this forest was, the Icy Heartlands was abundant with prey due to the fact that it was not hunted as often as ShadowClan's territory. Hunting was literally a kitten's game here.

She turned and pushed her way through the ferns and bushes littering the forest floor. She opened her mouth again, quickly smelling a nearby bird. The leader immediately crouched, creeping forward slowly. soon enough, she could see the bird just in front of her, pecking at a seed on the ground. The scarred tabby crept forward slowly, ears perked, she waited just a moment longer, watching the bird, before lunging from the bushes. The bird immediately tried to fly away but Dawnstar swatted it back down, killing it with a quick swipe of the claws. She picked the bird up in her jaws, before turning and padding back towards the tree where she had dropped the bird with the squirrel and the vole. At this rate, all she was going to need from the mousebrains was for them to carry what she had caught.

The molly was debating on carrying back what she had caught so that the queens at least had something to eat along with the older kits and apprentices. As tyrannical and harsh as Dawnstar was, she took her duty as ShadowClan's leader, protector, provider, and guide extremely seriously. After a moment, she shut down the idea, they weren't going to die without prey, she'd hunt what she could and then take it back altogether.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; August 26th, 2022 at 06:44 PM.
Old August 26th, 2022, 08:19 PM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

| Raccoonpelt |
| He/Him |
| A large grey cat with black and white markings that resembles a raccoon |

~ Raccoonpelt continued to look around for the others before noticing Dawnstar start to make her way out. The grey warrior looked around the crowd again hoping at least Newtpaw came up but at las he didn't. The grey warrior wasted any more time to follow Dawnstar the clan needed food and the two were probably going to have too catch twice of amount of prey then they would if the two other cats had joined them.

After following to the stream and seeing Dawnstar crouch Raccoonpelt decided to go find his own spot to hunt, Starclan knows what would have happened if Raccoonpelt had ruined any chance of the leader catching prey. Once Raccoonpelt was a good distance away but still close enough to hear if Dawnstar called.

After looking around Raccoonpelt caught scent of a lizard? Not the best prey he could find but prey none the less. The grey warrior crouched down and slowly made his way to the unsuspecting lizard and leapt biting into its back killing it. Raccoonpelt looked at it and looked around, would it be wise to leave it here while he hunted? Raccoonpelt looked back at the dead lizard. Raccoonpelt just decided to hunt close to where he left it. The grey warrior lifted his ear when he heard what he thought was a vole as if it was trying to sneak away from its fate, Raccoonpelt narrowed his yellow eyes and leapt onto the rodent snapping it's neck with one bite from his mouth. Raccoonpelt picked it up and placing it with the lizard.

"Two down, plenty more to go."

Raccoonpelt said with a small sigh and went to hunt for more prey.

After what felt like eternity Raccoonpelt had managed to catch another vole along with a squirrel, two mice and a bird, which had been a slightly difficult catch. Raccoonpelt looked at the slightly growing pile. Maybe one more catch could do? He shook off that thought when Raccoonpelt remembered that he probably had to carry all his catches back to the clan while Dawn carried hers and you can only carry so many even if some of the prey was small. ~

| @Undertaker |
Old August 27th, 2022, 12:31 AM

Bump Policy: After 24hrs
My Mood: Breezy

Willowpaw (She/Her/They)

Willowpaw was in her own world sitting in the shade. A loud clatter startled her out of her trance only to realize the noise was her, she had accidently hit a small stone with her tail and it went clattering down some. Willowpaw gave a bored sigh when she noticed Fawnpaw, Willowpaw instintly rememebered that they had talked a bit and she quite enjoyed the company of the two apprentices. "Hey! Fawnpaw!" Willowpaw called out, hoping to have another conversation with her, and maybe Thunderpaw if he showed up.

@Katlike
@GlitterKitten

Me: Oh hi ;-; Do you need something?

Spider: *Crawls off screen*

Me: Oh... Okay then ;-;

Bumb after like 5 hours I'm on pretty often so If I don't get to our rp the means I forgot- ;-; (Yes if you were wonder ing the ;-; is my favorite face)
Old August 27th, 2022, 12:31 AM

Status: I'm a college student working full time, I may struggle to reply on time. Sleep is nice.
My Mood: Tired
Smile Re: Hidden Haven

Waspstrike's legs felt haggard as she stepped into the Hidden Haven. Her fur was caked in mud, and stuck to her frame rather uncomfortably, but she held her head up high - proud of her catch. Two plump squirrels dangled from her jaws, slightly muddy but a more than filling meal for a cat. She was amazed to have even caught the catch she had managed, the territory felt in disarray with all the Twoleg stink that lingered. Tail lashing at the thought, she kept a guarded look on herself as she deposited her prey on the fresh-kill pile and began to take care of her appearance.

Shadowclan felt ripe with tension in the last few moons. She wasn't sure if it was a bad frog or if Dawnstar was just insane, but killing clanmates had put her on edge. Just keep your distance, no need to go anywhere near that crazy. Be loyal to the clan and the clan will be loyal to you, Waspstrike thought as she grimaced at the gritty taste of her mud-caked fur, her short face in half a snarl as she worked to clean her appearance to a more acceptable standard.

Taking a look around their camp, for the time being, she wondered who might approach and discuss the latest events with her. Perhaps she had missed something while out on her hunt? Doubtful, but it would be nice to share tongues nonetheless.

(( Waspstrike is open for interaction ^^ ))
Old August 27th, 2022, 05:18 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Moonkit (she/her)
Black calico with half face ginger and amber eyes

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Moonkit didn't open her eyes, but she could feel something change. A cat whose scent she didn't recognize picked her, and she was taken somewhere else where chaos couldn't reach her ears. Heart thumping, she followed the warmness of the fur that smelled of milk, and searched frantically for the source. Is this Robinscratch? No.. where are we? What's happening...
Her spiraling thoughts were finally closed off as the sweet liquid reached Moonkit's throat. Energy started flowing inside her again, and as her body recovered sleepiness seeped through her eyes.

Letting her body abandoning the exhausting fight, she collapsed and closed her eyes, leaning on the soft cat. As she slipped into sleep, she tried one last time to make out what was spoken before. Night.. Nightshiver.. yes.

(That's perfect, thanks a lot! Now Moonkit will sleep basically until everyone's back to camp, so she will just need someone to take her back. I'll DM you about a future plot for Moonkit if you agree ♥︎ @Estelle)
Old August 27th, 2022, 08:49 AM
i am kenough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizblast View Post
Waspstrike's legs felt haggard as she stepped into the Hidden Haven. Her fur was caked in mud, and stuck to her frame rather uncomfortably, but she held her head up high - proud of her catch. Two plump squirrels dangled from her jaws, slightly muddy but a more than filling meal for a cat. She was amazed to have even caught the catch she had managed, the territory felt in disarray with all the Twoleg stink that lingered. Tail lashing at the thought, she kept a guarded look on herself as she deposited her prey on the fresh-kill pile and began to take care of her appearance.

Shadowclan felt ripe with tension in the last few moons. She wasn't sure if it was a bad frog or if Dawnstar was just insane, but killing clanmates had put her on edge. Just keep your distance, no need to go anywhere near that crazy. Be loyal to the clan and the clan will be loyal to you, Waspstrike thought as she grimaced at the gritty taste of her mud-caked fur, her short face in half a snarl as she worked to clean her appearance to a more acceptable standard.

Taking a look around their camp, for the time being, she wondered who might approach and discuss the latest events with her. Perhaps she had missed something while out on her hunt? Doubtful, but it would be nice to share tongues nonetheless.

(( Waspstrike is open for interaction ^^ ))
Lying in a patch of sunlight (rare, for ShadowClan), Ruepaw observes the world from an upside-down perspective. He watches his Clanmates as they grapple around the ceiling, and every time a bird or insect swims through his field of view stretches just a little more. The young calico was quickly becoming a noodle, soft belly up, arms outstretched for nothing and nobody.

But he couldn't evade responsibility forever, and right now it felt like he'd been doing so for nearly that long. "Mrrr," he chirrs as his attention sweeps to another ceiling-walker. Putting an ounce of effort into rolling back onto his belly, Ruepaw takes a while to get up. As his senses realign to the world right-side-up, his belly goes a little bit woozy (and so does his head, if one didn't think he'd already been weird up there). But after another heartbeat he feels fresh as a daisy and pops up to hop over to Waspstrike. She was very, very dirty. Even so, Ruepaw was on track to press himself up against her if she permitted it, in an overly sweet greeting. He would disregard anyone's boundaries, even if it killed him.

"Waspstrike!" Ruepaw commands attention with a delicate purr. "Look at what you caught! It smells so good..." Yellow eyes dart to her catch nearby. "Do you want help washing...?" His eyes move back to the warrior, though one might feel that his ulterior motive was showing a little too obviously.
Old August 27th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Queen of Laziness

My Mood: Asleep

In the beginning Cuckookit was eager to be the best-behaved kitten in the group but by the end, she was too tired to give two rats-dung. The speckled brown and white molly followed in tow of Nightshiver and her siblings and cousins.

Cuckookit was too tired to care when Dawnstar appointed Foxkit and Roankit a task of placing new moss, or when her other siblings scampered off. Leaning on Nightshiver's leg the kit closed her eyes for a brief heartbeat; taking in the cool air and resting her paws.

(I apologize for the short reply, super busy lately. You can reply if you want<3 @Estelle)
Old August 27th, 2022, 03:39 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

~ Cinderblaze ~
I sincerely apologize for my lack of activity in this event!
Also, this is open incase anyone would like to interact with him! //

The dark-furred deputy followed Cougarivy's lead as he selected a den and got to work. He briefly eyed the den before starting to brush away the dirt with his tail, which he occasionally shook to get rid of any remaining clumps of dirt. As he worked, he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his pawpad. Tilting his head, he looked at the ground before realizing he had stepped on a thorn bush. Hm... it seemed as though these dens really needed some work. If he was going to be honest, Cinderblaze wasn't too pleased with his work during the evacuation and whole twoleg ordeal. He was ShadowClan's deputy and for StarClan's sake he needed to get his act together.

Barely flinching, he pulled the thorn out of his pawpad and quenched the little bit of remaining blood by wiping his paw on a small patch of grass he found in the den. Then he continued, this time paying mind not to step on a thorn again. When he was done with sweeping all the dirt away he carefully picked the thorns into his maw, throwing them aside. This makeshift camp wasn't too nice, but at least ShadowClan had a retreat from the twolegs so that no more warriors and enforcers would be lost.

Once he was finished with removing the thorns, he wondered what he should do with all the holes in the den walls. Tilting his head, he looked back at the dirt that had piled up behind him, and figured that it was damp enough to use to cover up the holes. So he began to scoop the dirt up with his paws, pressing it into the holes that had to be covered. This took him a little longer because he also needed to patch up the holes in the ceiling which was... a lot harder. But after some fiddling with the dirt he finally finished, and the den was even rain proof. "That should do the job," he muttered to himself. Since standing around and doing nothing seemed useless Cinderblaze decided to move on to another den.

This time everything went much swifter, and he was done with the job in no time. Rather than holes, this den had a bunch of cracks in the walls, but they weren't open to the outside. The tomcat figured that perhaps Elmshadow and Ivysnake could use this den as a temporary herb storage or even medicine cats den. When he was done he stepped into the "clearing" making sure that everything was alright and no one was causing toruble like Ferretburr had. Traitor.

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den