Today 07:43 AM

Old August 10th, 2018, 10:02 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @king kaleb! , @Silver Fishie

Shinefang's ears flattened against his head, and his fangs showed through parted lips as the Shadowclan medicine cat snarled at him. Clearly Daydream hadn't listened to him or they would have heard that he was just as concerned about Heathfur as they were. The only thing that he had implied was that Riverclan had failed its medicine cats thus far and history confirmed this. The Shadowclan cat stormed off before he could make a reply, so he turned to Ringpaw. Here she was at her first medicine cat gathering where he had tried to be upfront about his actions, and the poor apprentice had been left to witness her elderly mentor getting slandered with demands to give up his duty as a medicine cat. With a wave of his bushy, yellow tail, he patted the little calico on the back. "Don't worry about Daydream. I think they were born with burrs in their pelt. The rest of the medicine cats are perfectly friendly. Mingle for a bit if you like, and when you're ready, I'll be waiting for you inside the cave." He padded on into the cave coolly for Ringpaw's sake, but he was fighting to keep his fur from bristling.

That Daydream has some kind of nerve talking to me like that. So they've never done anything hasty in their life before? And just because they've been a medicine cat longer than me doesn't mean that I'm not a fine healer for my clan. And in any case, it's not up to them to decide who should be a medicine cat and who shouldn't. If Daydream wants to make calls like that, perhaps they should have been a leader. Maybe then, they wouldn't always skulk around like a furry ball of self pity!

All of this flew through the old tom's mind as he took a seat next to the moonpool, glowing with dazzling brightness in the moonlight. He sat on the opposite side of Daydream, as far away from them as he could get.
@Lonestar23 @king kaleb! @Mauve @Cosmo @blue jellie @Charmer

Ringpaw stood awkwardly to the side.
She had tried to ‘mingle’, giving a cautious greeting, but as soon as Heatherfur, the new Riverclan Medicine Cat, began talking to Oriolepaw, Ringpaw felt out of place.
Here she was, standing off to the side, alone. Ringpaw never thrives upon attention, and she honestly felt like she didn’t belong.
Maybe I’ll go after Shinefang.
Of course, they had done nothing wrong. Maybe it was Ringpaw. She certainly wasn’t out of place, or trapped, but for some reason she was shy.
Maybe it was how stunning all of this was. Not in the glamorous way, but she was stunned.
She had expected everyone to be peaceful and happy and chatting about herbs and asking for advice, or whatever she had expected. She hadn’t expected talk of war.
Instead, Ringpaw smiled. Even if Shinefang and Daydream had their squabbles, Ringpaw certainly would try to make friends.
Giving a shy but a I’m-happy-to-be-here grin, she dipped her head and waved her tail to Heatherfur and Oriolepaw.
“I should probably go in after Shinefang. I’ll see you guys there.” She said briskly.
She wasn’t avoiding conversation, she was more of stalling it. For a time when she was with Shinefang and everyone else, and even if they argued a bit she wouldn’t be so... open? Vulnerable? No, not really. Just...
She didn’t know.
When the small calico turned, she forcefully put a pep in her step. It wasn’t very hard.
Remember, Ringpaw. Tonight’s your first real medicine cat meeting! You’re an apprentice to Shinefang! Think of all the new cats! Just reminiscing of the recent excitement and bubbles that were boiling in her belly brought a new surplus back.
As soon as she stepped in to the small tunnel leading down to the Starcave, another cat had arrived.
Ringpaw almost felt sad that she hadn’t stayed a bit longer, the new molly smelled of Thunderclan.
She looked a bit nervous, and young, but way older than Ringpaw. Besides, Ringpaw could meet her in the cave. Everything was so new, so sparkly.
As she bounced down the tunnel she tried to collect herself.
She didn’t want to appear brash, or annoying. Here she had to be composed.
Didn’t I just go over this? Ringpaw swore she had just gone over this whole speech in her head. Be composed. Be collected.
When she arrived at the base of the tunnel, she tried to avoid slipping her paws into the other paw prints that were there. Those were other cats, all walking down this very tunnel.
The thoughts of cats past and all of this... just... here. It amazed her.
Of course, one paw print caught her eye. It was uneven and wonky, certainly not just one cat’s, but that one she wanted to step in.
As she slipped her paw pad into the groove, it felt natural. Her tiny paw was swamped but the bigger size of the print itself, but it seemed fitting.
Letting out a purr, she continued on until air seemed to open and she was in the actual cave itself.
It was a fair sized cave, a large scoop in the stone around her.
It was almost bland, the walls, just cool stone with flecks and nicks everywhere. It wasn’t much, but then her eyes drifted down to the water.
It was almost soothing, it’s reflections illuminated Ringpaw’s mint eyes with a vibrancy that was completely new.
Ringpaw herself couldn’t see that, of course, but she could see the pool.
When she finally caught sight of her mentor, the yellow tabby was already sitting by the pool. Shinefang’s spine was stiff, and his haunches looked clenched like he was going to pounce at any moment.
As she padded closer, she stood next to Shinefang.
“It’s beautiful.” She breathed. Of course, to most, it might not be much, but to her it looked stunning. But the good type.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old August 10th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Caliaflame hadn’t expected to be this late. She hated the thought of everyone looking at her as she entered the Starcave, but she could at least hope they hadn’t started yet. She hadn’t met all of the other medicine cats yet, so this was (at the very least) an opportunity to get to know everyone. Thanks to the gossipy warriors and apprentices, she knew everyone’s names… Shinefang, Daydream, Flashpaw, Ringpaw, Oriolepaw, Heatherfur. Okay. I’ve got this. Taking a deep breath, the ThunderClan medicine cat stopped at the entrance. There were two other cats there, one smaller than the other… but they had different scents. One smelled like RiverClan, the other like WindClan. Okay. So that’s… Heatherfur, and… Oriolepaw. Right. Got it. Gathering up her courage, and trying to push aside her dislike for these social situations, the feline cleared her throat. ”Uh, hi… I’m ThunderClan’s medicine cat, Caliaflame… I’m sorry I’m late.” Way to go, Cal. Great first impression. She hadn’t met either of these cats before, but she was pretty sure she was already showing how bad she was at these things. Caliaflame hadn’t interacted with other medicine cats that much, so being with all of them at once was bound to be overwhelming. She just hoped she didn’t embarrass herself too much. If only Wheatfur was still alive, he could’ve offered her some guidance in this situation - and she wouldn’t have had to be the only one there for ThunderClan.

@Charmer @Silver Fishie @Mauve @Cosmo @king kaleb! @blue jellie

(I'm so late, sorry guys!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post

@Lonestar23 @king kaleb! @Mauve @Cosmo @blue jellie @Charmer

Ringpaw stood awkwardly to the side.
She had tried to ‘mingle’, giving a cautious greeting, but as soon as Heatherfur, the new Riverclan Medicine Cat, began talking to Oriolepaw, Ringpaw felt out of place.
Here she was, standing off to the side, alone. Ringpaw never thrives upon attention, and she honestly felt like she didn’t belong.
Maybe I’ll go after Shinefang.
Of course, they had done nothing wrong. Maybe it was Ringpaw. She certainly wasn’t out of place, or trapped, but for some reason she was shy.
Maybe it was how stunning all of this was. Not in the glamorous way, but she was stunned.
She had expected everyone to be peaceful and happy and chatting about herbs and asking for advice, or whatever she had expected. She hadn’t expected talk of war.
Instead, Ringpaw smiled. Even if Shinefang and Daydream had their squabbles, Ringpaw certainly would try to make friends.
Giving a shy but a I’m-happy-to-be-here grin, she dipped her head and waved her tail to Heatherfur and Oriolepaw.
“I should probably go in after Shinefang. I’ll see you guys there.” She said briskly.
She wasn’t avoiding conversation, she was more of stalling it. For a time when she was with Shinefang and everyone else, and even if they argued a bit she wouldn’t be so... open? Vulnerable? No, not really. Just...
She didn’t know.
When the small calico turned, she forcefully put a pep in her step. It wasn’t very hard.
Remember, Ringpaw. Tonight’s your first real medicine cat meeting! You’re an apprentice to Shinefang! Think of all the new cats! Just reminiscing of the recent excitement and bubbles that were boiling in her belly brought a new surplus back.
As soon as she stepped in to the small tunnel leading down to the Starcave, another cat had arrived.
Ringpaw almost felt sad that she hadn’t stayed a bit longer, the new molly smelled of Thunderclan.
She looked a bit nervous, and young, but way older than Ringpaw. Besides, Ringpaw could meet her in the cave. Everything was so new, so sparkly.
As she bounced down the tunnel she tried to collect herself.
She didn’t want to appear brash, or annoying. Here she had to be composed.
Didn’t I just go over this? Ringpaw swore she had just gone over this whole speech in her head. Be composed. Be collected.
When she arrived at the base of the tunnel, she tried to avoid slipping her paws into the other paw prints that were there. Those were other cats, all walking down this very tunnel.
The thoughts of cats past and all of this... just... here. It amazed her.
Of course, one paw print caught her eye. It was uneven and wonky, certainly not just one cat’s, but that one she wanted to step in.
As she slipped her paw pad into the groove, it felt natural. Her tiny paw was swamped but the bigger size of the print itself, but it seemed fitting.
Letting out a purr, she continued on until air seemed to open and she was in the actual cave itself.
It was a fair sized cave, a large scoop in the stone around her.
It was almost bland, the walls, just cool stone with flecks and nicks everywhere. It wasn’t much, but then her eyes drifted down to the water.
It was almost soothing, it’s reflections illuminated Ringpaw’s mint eyes with a vibrancy that was completely new.
Ringpaw herself couldn’t see that, of course, but she could see the pool.
When she finally caught sight of her mentor, the yellow tabby was already sitting by the pool. Shinefang’s spine was stiff, and his haunches looked clenched like he was going to pounce at any moment.
As she padded closer, she stood next to Shinefang.
“It’s beautiful.” She breathed. Of course, to most, it might not be much, but to her it looked stunning. But the good type.
A couple of things happened in quick succession that pulled Shinefang from his thoughts. Another scent, woodsy and dank, filled the cave and he turned to see Caliapaw-no...Caliaflame. He had interacted with the medicine cat once before not long after her mentor passed. He had given her a quick lesson. He couldn't even remember what it was now. He remembered her though. She seemed bright. Shy though. "Caliaflame," he said with a quick dip of his head.

Next, Ringpaw spoke to him. It was the most natural thing in the world, but she commented on the pools natural beauty. It was something he was beginning to take a sort of comfort in, the way she saw the world with fresh eyes. Sometimes it made him remember to clear the gauzy clouds from his own and appreciate it all. "It is," he agreed. All the cats were assembling now. It was time to begin her ceremony. Leaning in, he whispered to her softly. "Are you ready, Ringpaw?"

Old August 11th, 2018, 01:42 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie
im assuming everyones in the starcave at this point to move on.

daydream didnt say anything towards shinefang, only shoot him a short-lived glare. they had no reason to be angry at him for his words, afterall he was only sharing some kind words towards their apprentice. but they were already pissed off so the mere sight of him even opening his mouth made them want to hop over this pool and claw at him. they kept quiet though, they just wanted to get through this. "lets begin." they prompted cooly, voice monotone but loud enough for everyone else to hear them. they didnt want to be here in the first place, and with shinefang only pissing them off only made this whole this worse, but they would keep cool. now, they had an apprentice to care for, and they knew their negativity would affect her. so they would try their best. they leaned over to flashpaw, drawing their tongue over her affectionately briefly as a silent comfort before pulling away. "you lean forward towards the water and touch your nose to it, close your eyes and your body will start to drift into a slumber. next thing you know youll be in the land of the stars." they said in a fake dramatic voice, but still monotone. it was obvious they didnt want to be here, but oh well. they had to be. it was flashpaws, oriolepaws, and heatherfurs first time to starcave, they wanted to make sure all three of them were doing this right. it felt weird..to be basically training three cats at the same time, but they had managed and would live to see them all get their full titles.
Old August 11th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Sigh...

Shinefang, still leaning toward his apprentice, turned to shoot a glare rightback at Daydream’s prompt to begin. “If you don’t mind, I preparing my apprentice for her ceremony. Will we be doing one for Flashpaw as well?” His words were curt and cold. He wouldn’t be rushed along by a younger cat and he wouldn’t have Ringpaw’s moment cut short thanks that cat either.

Old August 11th, 2018, 08:53 PM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

[ @Charmer @king kaleb! @Lonestar23 @Mauve @Cosmo @Silver Fishie ]

The smoky feline's eyes couldn't help but widen as her mentor hesitantly asked whether she'd like a ceremony. Words swam around her head. Flashpaw was more than a little surprised that they were asking her to be instated to StarClan. I could always do it. Wouldn't it be great? Aren't I technically not a medicine cat apprentice? No. She was a medicine cat apprentice. She had been instated, even if it wasn't traditionally. Flashpaw felt a sense of calm fill her. With a hushed voice, she murmured, "I don't need a ceremony to be a medicine cat. I became one, despite it not being traditionally, and I'm sticking by your decision." She gazed at Daydream with trusting gray eyes before leaning on them slightly. A voice roused her from her calm, a bit of a shouting from across the cave. Flashpaw felt a little touched at Shinefang's words, but she wasn't certain what their motives were. Smiling at the old tom anyway, she lifted her head as Caliaflame and Ringpaw entered the cave. She grinned at them as well and prepared for her first time at the Starcave, ready for whatever came next.
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old August 11th, 2018, 10:09 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Quote:

Shinefang, still leaning toward his apprentice, turned to shoot a glare rightback at Daydream’s prompt to begin. “If you don’t mind, I preparing my apprentice for her ceremony. Will we be doing one for Flashpaw as well?” His words were curt and cold. He wouldn’t be rushed along by a younger cat and he wouldn’t have Ringpaw’s moment cut short thanks that cat either.
Quote:
A couple of things happened in quick succession that pulled Shinefang from his thoughts. Another scent, woodsy and dank, filled the cave and he turned to see Caliapaw-no...Caliaflame. He had interacted with the medicine cat once before not long after her mentor passed. He had given her a quick lesson. He couldn't even remember what it was now. He remembered her though. She seemed bright. Shy though. "Caliaflame," he said with a quick dip of his head.

Next, Ringpaw spoke to him. It was the most natural thing in the world, but she commented on the pools natural beauty. It was something he was beginning to take a sort of comfort in, the way she saw the world with fresh eyes. Sometimes it made him remember to clear the gauzy clouds from his own and appreciate it all. "It is," he agreed. All the cats were assembling now. It was time to begin her ceremony. Leaning in, he whispered to her softly. "Are you ready, Ringpaw?"
@blue jellie @king kaleb! @Mauve @Lonestar23 @Charmer @Cosmo

Ringpaw looked over to her mentor.
”Is that her name? I knew Calia something, but I couldn’t remember.” She said bashfully.
The past few days, she had secretly been trying to memorize everyone’s names. She didn’t like gossip, but she didn’t mind it. Therefore, she had harnessed it to learn all of their names.
Mostly asking Shinefang. That didn’t count as gossip, right? No. Just pestering.
It hadn’t been hard, they all had distinct names. Caliaflame, Daydream... they were names that weren’t the normal type like ‘Fur’ or ‘Pelt’. Of course, Ringpaw didnt really have a preference. Fur, Pelt, whatever.
Ringpaw shook her head. She hadn’t going so in-depth over simple things. It was new, not familiar.
“Ready as I’ll ever be.” She breathed, sitting down beside Shinefang hesitantly. She didn’t exactly feel ready, but it was now or never.
When Flashpaw smiled in their general direction, Ringpaw smiled back broadly. Flashpaw looked a bit older than her, Ringpaw couldn’t wait to talk with her.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old August 12th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Charmer , @king kaleb! , @Silver Fishie

Oriolepaw looked up to see Heatherfur. "Thank you Heatherfur," The molly said with a dip of her head, "Your help is always welcomed." Oriolepaw smiled in response to Ringpaw, the new SkyClan medicine cat, then she turned her attention back to Heatherfur. "That sounds good," The she-cat said happily.
The moonpool looked the same from the last time that she had been to it, and she grinned in amusement as she heard Ringpaw speak. That had more or less been Oriolepaw's reaction as well. It was quite beautiful.
Oriolepaw listened to Daydream's words, with her ears pricked, that was exactly what she had done when she came here to be accepted by StarClan. Her uneasiness ebbed away when she noticed that. The molly noticed the tension between Daydream and Shinefang, and backed up a bit. "I wonder whats up with them?" She whispered to Heatherfur, with a pointed look at Daydream and Shinefang.
Old August 12th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Sigh...

Shinefang merely nodded at his apprentice, and cleared his throat. In the span of time it took for him to do this, he tried to memorize everything around him: the smells, the sounds, the sights. This might be one of the biggest moments he'd have with his apprentice. He didn't know if he'd see the end of next leafbare. He couldn't be sure he'd live to give her her full medicine cat name. He hadn't known the young calico long, but he was already certain of one fact; she was good. Intrinsically good in a way many cats were not. Caring, diligent, and genuine in her desire to serve her clanmates. Though the old tom would gladly live forever and serve his precious Skyclan every day of it, he knew that on the day he had to go, he would be leaving Skyclan in capable paws.

"I, Shinefang, Medicine cat of Skyclan, call upon our warrior ancestors to look down on this young cat as she seeks to follow the path of serving her clan through healing. Ringpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat apprentice?"

"It is."

The old tom placed his tail on the shecat's shoulder and stared dwon into the pool. How strange it was to be saying these words, to be calling on Straclan when not so very long ago, he have just as soon clawed a star-pelted warrior as spoke to one. Slatepelt had changed that. When he walked with her in the shining fields of Starclan's hunting grounds, for the first time in a long while, he felt calm. But now, he tightened his grip on the shecat's shoulder's just a little and said a silent prayer.

Slatepelt, watch over her for me.

"Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. she has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will."

He turned to her then, and quietly said to her, "Touch you muzzle to the surface of the pool, close your eyes, and let yourself drift off." His instructions given, he bent on his stiff legs, touched his nose to the water, and felt sleep wash over him like a gentle breeze carrying his mind away.

Old August 14th, 2018, 01:45 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

@Lonestar23 @blue jellie @Cosmo @Charmer @king kaleb! @Silver Fishie

As both her and Oriolepaw slipped into the Starcave, Heatherfur settled down next to the apprentice deciding to remain close to her. This was her first time at the Starcave, and despite being RiverClan's medicine cat it felt comforting to have WindClan blood next to her for it. If only Surgestorm had been able to be here as well... But the molly couldn't let her mind slip back into that place. Daydream had worked hard to get her out of it, and she wasn't about to dismantle all of their work. As Oriolepaw's comment about the tension that was practically palpable between the ShadowClan and SkyClan medicine cats, she felt a soft sigh slip past her. "I don't think Daydream is too happy with Shinefang's actions at the last Gathering," she murmured, her own anger at the situation evident in her eyes. "He struck Fallenstar for not doing more to look for Juniperpaw." Though she could understand the elder tom's anger, it didn't justify him striking a leader at a time of truce between all the Clans. She wouldn't comment on it thought, at least not here. She had too much in her paws with learning a completely new path to think much of it.

She felt a hush come down over all the medicine cats, and Heatherfur's eyes grew round with curiosity as she watched Ringpaw receive her medicine cat ceremony. She hadn't really had one, seeing as she was practically a full medicine cat of RiverClan already. She was the only one currently healing and serving her Clan in that way, and though at times she considered maybe taking on an apprentice just in case as leaf-fall approached, she knew there was still much she would need to learn before that happened. With Ringpaw's ceremony drawing to a close, Heatherfur remembered Daydream's instructions and allowed herself to lay down beside the sparkling pool of water. It dazzled her in a way that the molly hadn't been dazzled before, and she could feel the intensity of such a sacred place vibrating within her bones. Excitement raced through her veins and made Heatherfur feel like a kit again as she watched the water. With one last glance towards Oriolepaw, a soft smile on her face, she turned back to the water and touched her nose gently to the surface. The shock of how cold it was made her instantly want to pull away, but instead she felt forces much strong than herself lulling her into blissful slumber.
Old August 14th, 2018, 07:53 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

[ @Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie ]

daydreams lip curled at shinefangs comment. was he really going to be difficult over something so small? whatever. when they turned back to flashpaw and got their answer they smiled, happy she respected their choice. "know that you dont need any ceremony to validate your status." they mumbled. they knew how she could be doubtful about her abilities, or in herself at times, but thats what daydream was for. they were going to bring her confidence up if that was the last thing they did. they rested their tail on hers, leaning down and closing their eyes as their nose made contact with moonpool. the water was icey to the touch, sending a chill down their spine, familiar. of course, daydream had been to starclan before, but it didnt mean they liked it at all. when they opened their eyes they were met with a world with plush green grass and sunset skies, stars bright in the sky. they could see the other medicine cats fading in slowly. they already felt on edge. they hadnt told flashpaw yet about their..distaste for starclan, so id be out of the blue for them to star acting pissy out of no where. theyd talk about it on the way home.